Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 historia
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hi again mon ami,
i just want to close up and review what my thoughts were on my 1rst reply. there's nothing wrong with you, with me, with men in Canada. We have all the best philosophies and tons of morals to help and guide us in our marriages and so on. It's the women that's out of wack, lol. They can indure being single or divorce much better then we can. Women are allowed to cry in public, with their friends and mostly their family... Men (most) have to bare it all alone, a few do communicate with someone but that's not the norm. The women can't or don't realize that men are made to work and strive with a wife, and they sentence us to years of solitary confinement (singleness) . There worse then Kingston Pen mon ami. They can't see that the very fabric of the Canadian culture is falling apart. The women think the culture can evolve like that, improve somehow or it's a new fact of culture, WRONG. Other cultures are ready to take Canada by storm. Women are lousy with politics and cultural rivalries, just look at history. We're in the wrong era and wrong country
 italianlady561
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/15/2016 10:03:56 AM
iam a carer and iam looking for someone disabled in uk for friends
 bamagrl68
Msg: 53
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/15/2016 9:43:08 PM
rebel110- I have been a private duty nurse for two decades.
I have seen the reality of what it's like to be a caregiver.
It's NOT an easy task and it's life changing to take it on.
That is a LOT to ask of someone.
I also see MY future looming.
I have arthritis.
Right now, I can still walk, keep up for a few hours,work out,( up to a point), but I know I am not the right choice for someone who is very active.
Are they cruel to reject me for that?
I don't think they are.
If being active is important to someone, if they truly need someone who can ride a bike, run, or hike for hours to be happy, I can't do those things, therefore, we aren't compatible.
You can't change whatever disability you have any more than I can.
What you can do is NOT concentrate on those who don't work for you and wait for the one who DOES. :)
 Railrunner
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/26/2016 3:29:15 AM
Having some serious back issues (Degenerative disc disorder and two herniated discs, work related, both herniated discs but really got screwed over by my employer), I've been shot down by women who think it's going to be like dating some cripple who can't even get out of bed. Fact is I am pretty active, run and walk a LOT, can still lift 100+ pounds, I just have to be careful how I do it.

If it were up to me, if the laws disappeared, I'd carry a crowbar. "You know, anyone can become disabled at any time in the blink of an eye" and bash their spines with the crowbar. But there's this little thing called felony assault.

Seriously, though, all it takes is one drunk driver, one careless act, to end up permanently disabled.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 55
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:27:57 AM

If it were up to me, if the laws disappeared, I'd carry a crowbar. "You know, anyone can become disabled at any time in the blink of an eye" and bash their spines with the crowbar. But there's this little thing called felony assault.
Wow
 lilydreams
Msg: 56
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:50:17 AM

OMG. I think your issues with your back are the least of your problems. I think you should make an appointment with a shrink and get those mental issues dealt with.
 MysteryLadytoo
Msg: 57
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 4/26/2016 7:52:21 AM
^^^ Double WOW...disturbing comment.
 Akitahun
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/7/2016 8:00:53 PM
Why would a healthy 40 year old woman want to date you? They don't want to be your caregiver. Find someone your own age that is also disabled.... problem solved. Most of you men are NUTS thinking that someone 20 years younger would date you. It would be like kissing your dad....not a good thought.
 2ufo
Msg: 59
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/8/2016 7:16:17 AM
^^^
Why would you think that a disabled man would need a caregiver?

Although I do agree with most men - disabled or not - are nuts to think someone 20 years younger would date them (without an ulterior motive).
 call_me_tater
Msg: 60
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/8/2016 9:49:32 AM
Akitahun, disabled does not mean unhealthy or needing a caregiver.
There are also many levels of disability.
Your comments and profile show yours clearly.

What I find amusing is that many disabled would never consider someone with a disability before their own disability, accident, injury, etc struck yet now expect the reverse.
Seen it many times in my life.

I know this is an old thread, but some are still here.
If I could, I would ask that guy Constantine if, when he was able bodied, he ever considered or looked at women in a w/c or those with disabilities.
Doubt it.

I'm disabled.
It's not extremely visible but limits me.
Never had trouble dating but then again, I never used it as a crutch or an excuse.
Happy with my guy and although he runs 10k's and half marathons, he never expects me to join him.
Somebody's gotta cheer and take the pics :)
 mdbco32
Msg: 61
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/8/2016 10:16:51 PM

90% of us can’t find anyone here due to women’s crazy fantasy expectations.

That is the BEST ****ING STATEMENT OF TRUTH I have ever read on a dating site!
 Maleman999
Msg: 62
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 5:11:28 AM
OP's profile:

" I am partialy handicapped using oxygen 24/7 I use a powerchair and a cane."

OP: If you're hooked up to an oxygen tank 24/7, as well as having mobility issues, I wouldn't consider that partially handicapped. I would consider that fully handicapped. Would you have any problem being intimate with a woman who isn't handicapped? Being intimate is a biggy for a lot of women who are looking for a relationship. If you're after someone who is either not handicapped, or not as handicapped as you, you are asking someone to alter their lifestyle to accommodate yours. That's a one way deal, and relationships don't work that way. So you might have to consider lowering your expectations-if you have expectations of finding someone who doesn't have any major medical issues. Otherwise, it would look like you're just after a nurse maid, or a nurse maid with benefits.
 2ufo
Msg: 63
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 6:44:33 AM

...you are asking someone to alter their lifestyle to accommodate yours

That happens in every successful relationship - mutual accommodation to each other - and is not exclusive to relationships involving a handicapped person.

90% of us can’t find anyone here due to women’s crazy fantasy expectations.

That is the BEST ****ING STATEMENT OF TRUTH I have ever read on a dating site!

Of course, it's always the woman's fault and not because you choose poorly.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 64
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 6:57:29 PM
mdbco32- I've been watching your posts. You caught my attention because you seem level headed and fair and then.........this. (post#65)
Sooooooo, disappointing. :(
 mdbco32
Msg: 65
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 7:55:16 PM

mdbco32- I've been watching your posts. You caught my attention because you seem level headed and fair and then.........this. (post#65)
Sooooooo, disappointing. :(

When I utilize sarcasm in an online setting it would be fair to assume one cannot understand it how I see it. As well, I am part of 3% of millennial men who served in the military during wartime, part of the 21% of millennial men with a Bachelor's Degree or higher, part of the 70% currently employed, and part of the 63% non-reliant on family to support me. Reading about your disappointment really doesn't terrify me when I know where I stand outside of an online dating site forum. ;-)
 bamagrl68
Msg: 66
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:06:37 PM
mdbco32- Thank you for your service to our country, that's a thing with me and I mean it.
On another note: I am glad you are intelligent, I also value that.
The thing is, us baby boomers are at an age where we embrace both learning/book/education based intelligence AND emotional intelligence.
Perhaps in your study's, you will eventually come to understand the difference.
 mdbco32
Msg: 67
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:08:13 PM

The thing is, us baby boomers are at an age where we embrace both learning/book/education based intelligence AND emotional intelligence.

My parents consist of one silent generation member and one baby boomer. Your concepts are FAR from alien to me.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 68
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:37:12 PM
mdbco32- I'm not sure if you meant to be funny, but that's how I took it. :D
My concepts? (STILL laughing)
I promise I'm not a complete fuddy duddy, only half a fuddy duddy. I blame it on lack of computers and cell phones growing up.
I should have had constant input with no outside play, then my vivid imagination and unique personality would have been stifled and I could be as serious, learned and self important as you. :D
Trust me, you have a LOT to learn yet and if you think you don't or are closed off to it, life with be parallel for you rather than upwardly mobile and that's a shame.
When I was young, I thought as young and acted as young, but I knew little and realized even less.
The shame of youth is that we THINK we have the answers and then life comes along and teaches us that we don't.
You have it coming to you and even if I never witness it, you need it.
 GrantRedsRays
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/18/2016 7:57:23 AM
Hey how are you just wondering if tou need a friend. I am her to chat if u do or may be interested
 MissyLove14
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 8/25/2017 11:50:46 AM
Well Hi there. I am also looking for that special someone and would like to get married someday. I absolutely loved your profile about being soooo positive, inspite of your injuries. I have a handicap myself and It's sooo hard to find someone, even if your NOT injured!! I'm totally sure you know that! If you get any time, please message me back. Hope to hear from you soon! Take care.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 8/25/2017 11:59:24 AM

Of course, it's always the woman's fault

THANK YOU !!
 from site to sight
Msg: 72
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 8/25/2017 2:04:05 PM

(Msg 74): I am also looking for that special someone and would like to get married someday...I have a handicap myself and It's sooo hard to find someone, even if your NOT injured!!

Maybe finding that special someone has less to with having a handicap, and more to do with a guy dating someone who is anxious to get married, and a guy feeling pressured to get married sooner rather than later if dating is going well. It brings up the question of: If a person is anxious to get married-even though they haven't met someone yet, do they want to be married just for the sake of being married? And will dates become interviews to pick out the best candidate for the role of spouse? That's why I skip past profiles when the person indicates they are hell bent on being married asap.

If you meet that special someone, and he is against marrying for whatever reason, but would like to live together, would that be an option you would consider? Or is having a wedding and a ring the most important thing?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/26/2018 9:50:20 AM

Is this a serious question? No but you haven’t figure this out yet? 90% of us can’t find anyone here due to women’s crazy fantasy expectations.

The problem is when older men unrealistically believe they're entitled to have relationships with women considerably younger than them, but ignore good matches their own age. That doesn't mean they don't have options; it means they have made fantasical expectations that can never bet met.

Same with people who have disabilities, at this age; their egos are just as large as yours, expecting to meet somebody who is relatively unreachable and not good for them. I don't see how their chances fair worse than yours, when you both have "crazy fantasy expectations."

Dating is an equal-opportunity disappointer.
 2ufo
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/26/2018 10:12:29 AM

Of course, it's always the woman's fault

THANK YOU !!

Except in my case.
I had it written in the divorce decree that everything was my ex's fault.

Including bad weather.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Disabled dating ?
Posted: 5/28/2018 1:00:09 AM
I am a Service Connected Navy Vet. Some of my disabilities are visible, some not.
I just keep on keeping on, if the guy (for me) shows up,,great. If not, well good thing i enjoy my own company. lol

-------------good luck in your search, I think you are totally dateable.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >