Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zarathustra00
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Kentucky Grilled ChickenPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
When I go into KFC, I'm definitely not there to eat healthy or any semblance of it. So I'll stick with the orignal recipe or extra crispy.
 ironman333
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:21:41 AM
Does it come with skin on or off?
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 16
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:23:08 PM

Basically when man has had a hand in the manufacture of food, chances are it is JUNK!

What's that mean, exactly?? I mean, even with the most organic, natural product there is...someone is planting, harvesting, feeding, etc. LOL
 ironman333
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:05:36 AM
I would not eat it if came with skin on. Some of the fat would is absorbed in to meat thats why its moist but if its my cheat day then why not. Like one pro bodybuilder (Lee Priest) said " I rather die with Big Mack in my mouth then plane chicken breast. I so agree, I love food/sweets
 flawedbutfun
Msg: 21
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/14/2009 5:11:42 AM
You can't eat it everyday and be healthy, but once in awhile it won't kill you! I eat healthy 90+% of the time, but I still like a DQ (trans fat in their ice cream) or a McDonald's fries now and then.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:13:30 AM
Thanks for the clarification of that, Featherleather! I figured as much...but wanted to make sure.

Byrd! TMI dude!

Yeah...I just don't get the appeal, unless you are the sort who eats every meal OUT, this is not really that enticing at all. If I am gonna pay for fat...err...fast food...I am gonna grab me a 1/4 Pounder or some Taco Smell! And at KFC...well, making a chicken boob is just tooo easy....but frying chicken sucks...so I would be nabbing up some of the original artery clogging sort!

BTW...MSG is primarily a PRESERVATIVE (think BUFFET, especially CHINESE) and a TENDERIZER. Large amounts of such (think chinese) cause HAVOC to those allergic...vomiting, diarrhea, and even mental fogginess!
 ncessential
Msg: 27
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:09:57 AM
I noticed every time I have ever ate at KFC I get an upset stomach. So I just don't eat there. I prefer cooking my own food,to eating out. That way I know what I am eating.
I also noticed how very thirsty I have been, the times I have ate fast food.
I cannot help but believe that alot of cancers people get, are coming from the processed food. It is a shame there is not more emphasis on eating organic.
So me thinks I will pass on trying the grilled.
 littlelatinaluv
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:12:24 PM
I also just tried it. I think it tastes just fine.
Chicken with our with out MSG is chicken, how it's killed; or how it's treated will not effect how i tastes to the general public. Yes, it is fast food... preservitives will be added. But, that verses a burger.... or a smoothie or going to a salad bar. Is all just a way to get consumers to buy things that generally are not healthy to begin with. Hence the appeal. Eat your chicken, if you enjoy it then great. If not, then don't eat it.
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Kentucky Grilled Chicken
Posted: 5/18/2009 1:26:38 AM
I saw a show tonight on TLC and it talked about how our society has become one which is so lazy and populated with over 2 million people who hare super morbidly obese. One of the reasons, how easy it is to buy cheaply priced fast food instead of cooking a nutritious meal at home. Sorry, but I'm still one who'd rather cook at home then go through a fast food line...

I will NOT touch KFC. And it isn't "Grilled" it is baked and still fried. Sorry. NOT healthy for ya at all.

Do any of ya remember the days when they used to have the bottles of honey on the tables? Back before all the "packets" came out...
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >