Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mEztiSo4u
Msg: 53
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
LOL!
0 roses just shows that particular person has already found their interests.. so pretty much it shows that you're kinda competing with 2 or more people. =]
 whytwater
Msg: 55
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?
Posted: 5/6/2009 10:24:40 AM

and I notice that they've sent out all of their roses, I hesitate to contact the person. I'm not quite sure why

You're taking this whole thing waaaaaayyyy too seriously.

i know ive accidentally sent one off before

Ummm, was tequila to blame? I, too, have been undone in such a way.
 Janet4ever
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/6/2009 12:20:50 PM
I think we should add the feature where we see how many roses someone receives -- The Slut Meter...

...and maybe another that tells how many emails has been received vs. sent -- The Rude-ometer...

Testimonials and favorites are so yesterday -- we need new technology here people.
 Lone_Stranger
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 1:40:45 PM
I'd rather she had all her roses intact than all used up, I mean .....how do you know what she's been up to if there all gone ?
Sure has'nt been with you....lol.

Seriously, I don't think it matters much other than maybe she's tryin too hard with too many people.
Myself......I've never sent a rose here, if I'm gonna do that I'll get a real one and give it to her in person.
 whytwater
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:02:49 PM

I wont contact them...
Same thing with loads of fav's.. I just pass them by

Having a whole beehive of honeybees who list you as a favorite only means at some point, for some unknowable reason, someboy thought you might be worth following. The ones who favorited me just wanna stalk me a little; they don't wanna talk, and very few of them ever dropped a note to say why they did it. Kinda wish some of them would reach out and goose me a little now and then, though. Lol. I've depleted my bouquet, more than once, when I was feeling silly. Cuz that's what they're for.
And if that's all it takes to be a slut, PFFFT!! LMAO!!
 867love
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:06:00 PM
its a bit annoying how some people (not going to mention which gender) just look at a situation and jump to a conclusion without any solid facts. STOP OVERTHINKING!

if someone sends you a rose -you gotta send them one back.

Stormwolf
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:13:59 PM
LMAO...... Now I expect to read profiles that state "Must not have sent Roses out"
along with the other list of contact qualifiers!
 whytwater
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:33:19 PM

Now I expect to read profiles that state "Must not have sent Roses out"

What a GREAT Idea!!!! Every guy on here should add that to his profile!! To protect us against all the sluts!!!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 2:42:40 PM
Yes it means they are really into a couple other people or trying to really be into someone. Bad sign to me!
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 11:21:22 PM
You are overthinking it, imo. Maybe they sent the rose to their mother... Or a bereaved friend, or someone two years ago. Big deal!
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 11:42:41 PM
To those of you who won't contact someone if one or both roses are missing:

So, people are only allowed to be interested in one or two people a month? What if on May 7th a guy starts chatting with a girl and decides he likes her well enough and sends her both roses... then a few days later he finds out she is married and he now he's not interested. He's ruined until June? Really people? WHO CARES IF HE TOOK INTEREST IN SOMEONE BEFORE YOU! I'm suuure every single person here has been interested in others/dated/even married before you came along. Get over it, it's a rose! Or say you start talking with someone who has both roses - who's to say they didn't just get them back that day?? You never know, and you never know the reasons behind sending them out. Well, actually I see a lot of you ask them... LOL. If someone asked me WHY I sent a rose, that would be a much bigger red flag to me then if I happened to notice theirs were gone.

That being said, who wants my roses? I could use another method to stop guys from emailing me.
 whytwater
Msg: 79
Posted: 5/7/2009 5:18:07 AM

He's ruined until June?

What a great user name!! RuinedtilJune!!! I've been ruined, falsely accused, framed for, like, all kinds of stuff, and set adrift or marooned like Jack Sparrow more times than I can count.
 Stormwolf
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 11:59:32 AM

He's ruined until June?

No say in May? No lucky roll in the hay?
Stuck in the desert like Moses,
all because he sent his Rose's
and no one accepted his preposes!
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/7/2009 12:13:21 PM
I do not belive that I would judge some one by whether or not they had PRETEND posession of FICTICIOUS flowers. In fact I think I'll send you one of mine!
 Janet4ever
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/7/2009 4:39:26 PM

wow...bitter?
I mean ...using the word slut to any women who gets lots of roses?
Did she sleep with him when she got the innocent rose? Is it her fault she got the rose?
This means that you are slamming men who may give them out in good faith...and many do.
Yup....shut down something else that can be seen as a nice gesture and gives someone a smile...
Makes real sense.

Well, daisypetals01, I suppose I should have called them virtual sluts (not so bad, huh).

And if a sense of humor was one of the gifts available, I'd gladly send you some right away.
 whytwater
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/7/2009 6:38:46 PM
Be Mine? Are we in grade school? How about getting to know somone a bit before you send out a rose that says something like that....I mean it just seems a little fast to me. Everytime I received one I pretty much thought...NOPE!

But I can say on another note that I love the teddy bears, the chocolates, the flowers, the wine glasses...that is all kinda cute and I think sweet and apparenty worked for one gentleman...lol

I'm confused. I was with you through grade school, but hit the wall at the TBs, etc., and their relative efficacy.

That said, I am proud to announce that my most precious rose possessions, and the virtue that attends them, have been taken, ALL of them, by one lady Vixen. She, uh, put a spell on me. I was virtually helpless. And so my petal penury begins, and May may be a scorched waste for this pariah. Undone by a vixen half my age!!!

LiveMusicCTO
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/7/2009 6:47:42 PM

He was lacking a rose, among other things, and admitted to me he sent one to someone to get sex.

Whoa! The roses are *that* good? Who knew?

How silly. I gave a rose to the first woman that sent me a message. She's beautiful, sweet, and if I could have handed her a real rose, I would have.

I don't know ... am I just missing something here? I feel a bit like I've wandered into The Twilight Zone.
 Miss W
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:26:55 PM

I've been on here for awhile and have many friends of BOTH genders. If one of them is going through a rough spell...I will send one. By the same token, if a fairly new member finds me worthy of receiving one, then I am honored. As I have said, everytime this subject comes up...I tell people to just chill.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2009 9:51:40 PM

And I gave my roses to whytwater! Going by how seriously some take the exchange of roses on this site... this could possibly mean we're married!!!!
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:47:18 AM
A rose by another name is still a....oh, wait, we're talking about pixels here!

I agree with the poster who reasoned those with sent roses likely already have their heart set on someone else.
Now, whether or not their target reciprocated is another matter!
 whytwater
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/8/2009 4:20:51 AM

And I gave my roses to whytwater!

Hehehe. Yep, I downed 'em, too. All of em. Unparalleled piquancy, sweet but tangy, with a marvelous bouquet. And as the roses command, we owned each other. Best I ever had.
We even did it twice, in quick succession, wide-eyed, with clear heads (well, leading up to it); Attended by angels, and they danced fo us. Which is why I am nonplused by this disavowal:

since I have accidentally sent a rose or two, I really don't pay much attention to them.

She is not the only misfortunate who has posted this veiled next-morning regret.
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/8/2009 9:31:28 PM
Everyone's definition is different about 0 roses or 1 rose is to many to send out. The roses get added back on after a certain time. They expressed there intention which is better than not expressing there intention. We get unlimited happy smily faces with heart shaped eyes. What's the difference? This is an honest question and you may have a point if you answer this one.
 whytwater
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/9/2009 6:53:04 AM

LOL! Veiled? Nope! Guess what?

Whew!! Glad you're about it! Not hardly enough of that here. It should have been apparent, but MetallVixen and I were just playing, goofing on the idea that the significance of the pof rose might exceed its actual weight, jumpable (Lol, just learned this term in another thread) as she obviously is!!
 forum101
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2009 11:07:35 AM
I have never sent a rose, yet I only have 2.
I dont care for the testimonials, and the favorites list. 40 some guys have me on their list, yet I may have spoken to only 1 or 2. Whats up with that? Is the favorites list suposed to be the greeting these days?
 definitive_1
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 4:31:20 AM
LOL...what a hoot...Hey POF we need new messaging rules...please add:

Must have all your roses in tact.

Too funny....god, we all need to get a life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >