Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Must Do More Activities
Msg: 163
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Roses on a website,what are you guys talking about.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 164
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?
Posted: 8/27/2009 3:12:33 PM
One rose left...
I leave her alone.
She is obviously keen on someone.

No roses left....
I may email her.
She wears her heart on her sleeve and is sending em out willy-nilly.
Obviously the first didn't take, so the second may not either.
 cinsav
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:07:55 PM
There are people who wont contact somenoe who has no roses left? How completely ignorant and utterly stupid. Seriously. These are the same people who wont date someone because they don't share their favorite color.

I've heard some pretty stupid reasons not to contact someone - but wow - "you don't have any roses left, therefore I can't talk to you!"

All I can do is shake my head and laugh at their utter ignorance.

There needs to be an IQ test required before access to the site is granted.
 previouslyme
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:10:47 PM
I send the roses as needed to someone that sounds like they need it.

Some won't contact if they have several "friends" but I think that no longer displays on our profiles, so now you have to just count them... yeah right!

cinsav
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:12:14 PM

Some won't contact if they have several "friends" but I think that no longer displays on our profiles, so now you have to just count them... yeah right!

Just shows how stupid some people are - and they wonder why their relationships last no longer than a week...
 heartseekertrue
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:28:17 PM
Watch out though, the thorns are unlimited.
Might get pricked...
 HVACtech
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:31:05 PM
Think about this a minute. If an inventory of digital flowers is all it takes to stand in the way of sending a "person of interest" a simple e-mail hello, then what does that say? Good grief, people, this is an on-line dating site ... not a game show to guess someone's character or whether they're involved with somebody else or not, based on 0, 1, or 2 roses.

Same holds for the digital steak, glass of wine, or box of chocolates. E-mails are inherently impersonal enough, but if all it takes is a picture of a dog in a cardboard box to win someone's interest then it's a good time to take a long, hard look at what we're doing here.

Logically, we could argue the meaning behind a 5,000-pt. background, too. Does that mean a person is selfish, stingy, and can't be counted on to buy an occasional digital tap beer?

I'm with angelsback -- this whole "digital gift" concept is beyond juvenile.
 cinsav
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:23:25 AM
Sadly, a lot of people aren't as smart as they think, nor as intuitive. It's almost as if they get some enjoyment out of playing arm-chair psychologist and analyze every tiny detail about a profile to "better understand" the person they're looking at before ever sending the first message. Most of the time they're completely off mark and don't have a clue as to what the hell they're talking about. Lots of dumbasses out there - which explains why dating can often be so difficult.
 kpooks
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 12:15:59 PM
I honestly didn't even know there was a "rose detector" lol! Didn't occur to me. So it doesn't make any difference to me.

I find the roses a bit too flowery anyway, so I usually don't send 'em, out of "professional courtesy"...I like to think the women I'm interested in are intelligent enough to see through flowery romanticism anyway...at least until the in-person date-! I actually get further with e-communication when I DON'T send a rose.
 gracengracie
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:14:38 PM
Yes...
If the guy send them all off...I don't look further...even if he send one off...I'm hesitant.

So far I never sent one rose...I did sen the 1000 points teddy's, those are special too.
 valiantknight6
Msg: 179
Santitas
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:48:25 PM
O it is a Big Deal its enough to break heart,WAKE UP GIRLS
O I FEEL HURT AND LET DOWN YOU POOR FOOLS
 DeepLuv09
Msg: 180
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:56:00 PM

Does the rose thing make any difference to you?

I personally tend not to pass judgements based on profiles and missing roses etc just because I know that I tend to play a lot online as well and expect others to do the same. Just saying that they are "open for a relationship" is good enough for me regardless of what they have/have not done with their electronic roses. Obviously if they are still looking the roses did not work and I might be the right one for them :-).
 whytwater
Msg: 181
Posted: 9/3/2009 9:38:46 AM

so what if they sent a girl a rose... over the net get a grip... when did girls get so lame...
hes prob sent real ones to someone too....

(raising hand slowly, but surely) I've send alot of the real kind to women. One of 'em was my mom. All were to women I really liked, I wanted to do a nice thing, and all of them really liked getting them. But, my heart was not included in those deliveries, or if it was, it got sent back at some time after their receipt. And my experience teaches me that the mysteries embedded in any one woman are often more than I can easily resolve, so I've never done that two-timing thing, cuz I don't have the RAM/processor for that. lol
And the pof roses, as most seem to understand, aren't real; they're for playing with, not taking to heart. I swapped mine with a sporting young lady a few months ago, in this very thread. lol She's really cute, too! lol We all want to believe that there is some element of "real" to the goings on here, but the virtual roses??!!!.
 Melissa49ca
Msg: 183
Posted: 9/3/2009 12:08:29 PM
Well, here's my take on the rose thing. If I notice that a rose is missing before we started to get to know one another, it's no big deal with me. On the other hand, because I am exclusive with someone here from POF and have been for quite some time and I noticed that one of HIS roses were missing and I was not the one to recieve it, he and I would definitely be having a conversation about that "missing rose". Other than that, what happens before me really should not matter. It's what happens after that would really make the difference.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 185
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:15:36 AM
A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose......
Virtual or not it's still a sweet gesture. I do notice just to see how romantic a man really can choose to be. I would never hesitate contacting someone I found interesting though.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 12:33:17 AM
Personality 1st, second and last, so no room for 'roses count equals zero '
~sc~
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:39:26 PM
I get two roses a month, so I send out two a month. If I see a nice girl who I think deserves one, out it goes, eh. How many women do I know who get offended somehow if they receive a real rose? Not too many, I don't think, and they all have issues, so I send the roses and the bad ones stay away.

Any nice girls out there not get a rose?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:41:25 PM
OMG! Have we resorted to such a level of immaturity?! Who cares?!
 Cottontre
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/14/2009 9:58:59 AM
[qoute]LOL!
0 roses just shows that particular person has already found their interests.. so pretty much it shows that you're kinda competing with 2 or more people. =] [/qoute]

I agree with this quote. I just looked on a guys profile whom i'm interested in and he has zero roses left, none were to me . He may have sent 2 roses to one person for all I know....geezz this online stuff sucks! needless to say will not message him anymore.
 venndiagram
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/14/2009 2:51:49 PM
Im dying of laughter here. 9 pages on this topic!!!
 barbee1970
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:04:37 PM
Ok I started seeing a guy here whom I gave a 2nd chance to. It was same thing different day. He just did not have the time in his day to pick up the phone to call. He text he a quick message once a week.

Weekends he would want to come over MAYBE for few hrs on a Sat night NEVER SUNDAY.

I happened to look at his profile said 0 roses can be sent.
I sent him one awhile back, I never got a rose. He said he can't control who messages him.

True, but with how unreliable he has bee with me no doubt in my mind--HE'S LOOKING at someone else! So if no roses I guess I stand by my previous word--he's taken--he's wooing someone else. Dealbreaker.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:07:45 PM
I dont send those picture gifts, its sort of phony sending something like that to someone you havent met yet.
 barbee1970
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:07:54 PM
Exactly, Melissa49ca,

He had 2 roses. I sent him one. Then I noticed he was missing the other when he gave me all this BS that there was no other GFs. We already started seeing each other and he always had 2 roses could be sent. There's someone else--trust me!!
 dp503
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:50:15 PM
I went on a date with a girl then afterwards while checking her profile out i saw she had zero roses. What a slut.lol.
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 198
Posted: 11/14/2009 8:27:54 PM
I was exchanging messages some time ago with a woman, though it was more of a friendly exchange rather than anything romantic. I was interested in her, but I knew she was not interested in me in that way. One day I accidently sent her a rose. I can only assume she must have thought that I was trying to change her mind about me, because when I wrote to her explaining what happened, I found that I couldn't send the message because she had already blocked me. I felt really bad about it.

Also, I didn't know that women send guys roses on here. I can only imagine that it must be a nice feeling.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >