Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DrummingNut
Msg: 201
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
If a man sends me a "how about me?" email and I check out his profile ...

and it sounds like some desperate sad sort of man that can't do much besides sit behind his computer sending out silly POF roses...

sure enough, when I get to the bottom he HAS sent out his roses.
 stella_ardente
Msg: 202
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:40 PM
Oh, crap.
I didn't know I was supposed to be checking rose inventory.
Is this kinda like the board game Clue? Cuz I wanna win.
 wolftxusa
Msg: 203
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:06:54 PM
"Is this kinda like the board game Clue?"
Hehe. Yes, Colonel POF-tart with a rose in the forum...

I nearly sent a rose in a message in appreciation of a forum post recently, but then I saw the 'Be mine' comment and found it unfitting. I am not begging to get blocked.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:45:28 PM
we have roses?
 mr.evil
Msg: 205
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:56:48 PM
"we have roses?"

No, mostly thorns!!

On a seperate note, yes, yes, that's the first thing I look at when opening a profile, not the picture, or the about me section, height, weight or intelligence and interests but whether she has a freakin electronic rose to send me!

Lord love a duck, this place is batsh1t!
 whytwater
Msg: 206
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:41:13 PM

Would they be called rosediggers?

I gave away my full allotment of roses to a nice lady who sent me both of hers (just on principle, and for purposes of making a point on this thread, lol), a full stable of roses, still intact, no less, only to discover that, under cover of darkness, the pof elves put them back. Yeah, they rearm you, after 30 days, whether you want to be rearmed or not. Sooo, if you got ditched by a rose enthusiast, without even trying, heave a "Whew!", but brace yourself, cuz they grow back, and next time you might not be so lucky. Lol

Oh, crap.
I didn't know I was supposed to be checking rose inventory.
Is this kinda like the board game Clue? Cuz I wanna win.

Ummm, it's a red herring, which makes it lots trickier than Clue (that rearming thing). Only if you catch him during the right 30-window, with his pants down, as it were, will you really know whether you're getting involved with a cyber slut.

Hey, I think I'll put a rose quota in my mail restrictions. I'll get pre-blocked if I so much as say "Hi" to any woman seeking intimate encounters on here. Soooo, seems only fair, and an equivalent, to debar roseless pofers.
 cenomeno
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/10/2010 4:52:20 PM
Let's cut the bull chit for a second here......it's a virtual rose, doesn't mean anything but your are in a virtual environment trying to find a mate....a bit of cherry picking I see.. If that rose is not real then none of this "online dating" is real...

We all know that's not the case. Our online actions lead to real life encounters. No roses means, she wants to boink someone else. I'd pass....

Walts
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:45:15 PM
Only roses I have are out in my backyard,,,,,and they are STAYING there!!!!

I do have to thank everyone for the Friday evening shiats and giggles though. Most entertaining thread I've read in awhile.
 beachdancer
Msg: 209
Posted: 9/10/2010 11:24:16 PM

I pay no attention to the roses. Seeing that someone has used all their roses is a pretty flimsy excuse to not contact someone. Some people have made assumptions on why someone sent one or all of them. Who cares? I have received some digital gifts. It's nice that they took the time to hit a couple extra buttons but that's about it. Mostly I've received them as a thank you for writing.

I do admit to looking at how many favorites are listed and I'm guilty of making assumptions if it's a high number but it doesn't stop me from contacting them if I wish to. One man in my age range has 305 people who have him on their favorites. I have to admit that it makes me wonder on how very particular he must be. But then again, he has nothing to do with who chooses him to put on their favorite lists. And I did write to him.
*starstuff* who is apparently not on this site anymore

Roses, favorites. How can you know why they send them? Maybe he or she knows someone struggling with and illness and sends them to that person every day. Maybe we should judge the person who never sends roses. Same for favorites, most people I know of with a large favorites number, play on the forums, "meeting" people from all over and liking what they said on one forum or another. As I have said before, my favorites list has as many women as men on it. Mainly I want to know who the person is, can they articulate who they are and are they who they say they are. I don't even look or notice roses or favorites.
 thecheekychick
Msg: 210
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:26:41 AM
hahaha... if a guy sends out e-roses it means he is a tool and you should not contact him!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 211
Posted: 9/11/2010 11:04:38 PM
is sending out electronic jpg of roses the new standard for player ?

weee ha
 RealisticRomantic
Msg: 212
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:27:03 AM
This is only an issue for those who wish to continue justifying being alone in their divine splendor. Roses are only significant to frigid old bags who send them to each other. Anybody of any worth doesn't care.
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 213
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:50:26 AM
I never even check that. I also have no idea if anyone has added me to their favorites and I add no one to my favorites because it reeks of either cyber stalking or, junior high popularity contests.

If someone likes you they will find a way to express that in the real world.
 starofgaia
Msg: 214
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:24:22 AM

For some reason whenever I view someone's profile and I notice that they've sent out all of their roses, I hesitate to contact the person. I'm not quite sure why, I guess it makes me feel like they've got their heart set on someone else. After all, sending out an electronic rose is kind of a BIG DEAL

No - it means they either "accidentally" dispatched one ...or it means they worked a little extra harder at grabbing that person's attention. I tend to stay away from these profiles.

Does the rose thing make any difference to you?

Yes. It does. On the other hand, what somebody sends to somebody else in this medium should remain private. There is some PoF "logic" behind it - I guess. :/
 katty1981
Msg: 215
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:07:12 AM
omg! is this thread a joke? wtf
 Capn_America
Msg: 216
Posted: 4/16/2012 8:06:27 AM
Dear God, 3 year old thread...but hey, I'll respond to this one.
I'll respond with....>WHO GIVE A &^#)! ???
 excessivemayhem
Msg: 217
Posted: 4/16/2012 3:47:39 PM
i agree with capn_america. who gives a crap about roses? a serious conversation with the other person telling them that you actuall LIKE them beats sending electronic roses any day of the week
 Meems919
Msg: 218
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:39:59 PM
what a waste of typing
 optimismfirst
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/16/2012 6:47:33 PM
I dont know what they are or the meaning of them is.
I dont think many people are aware of that feature?
Doesn't matter to me
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/16/2012 7:07:14 PM
What's a rose?? LOL
 Ocee
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:06:38 PM
It's seems a bit like going into a bar and complaining about people drinking.

I'm a bit unsure why someone looking that hard for reasons not to talk to people

would bother with a dating site at all.
 briargate
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/17/2012 7:36:16 AM
This whole thread is a good example of why I don't actually use this site to meet women to date.

Electronic roses?

HUH?

I have seen them, but I didn't even know what they were for. I assumed they were some stupid thing like winking or what have you.
 SONNI100
Msg: 223
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:47:35 AM
Are we really talking about this?? Okay, I'll bite.....thread should have been deleted.
 1Petite4u
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/16/2012 5:08:42 AM
When I receive a virtual rose it's always from someone who shows a lot more interest than most of the others I'm communicating with. So I figure two roses gone? His attention span for the month is already being spent elsewhere. Pass.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 225
Yup.
Posted: 6/16/2012 11:12:07 PM
I never even look. Who cares. They don't really mean anything. Ivevreveived them with messages that just say hello
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >