Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^^^Did you have good colors and a smoking mascot?
 Stormwolf
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Do you hesitate to contact someone with zero roses left?
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:16:05 AM
BestpackagedealonEarth,

Imagine if POF gave us an option for sending a "gift" of a Roll of Toilet paper?
That would cover so many ways to say"bad comment" or "not interested"
 IKnowWhatBoysLike
Msg: 128
Favorites??
Posted: 6/4/2009 9:08:45 AM

I could careless if someone has o or 1 rose but if they have alot of favorites then I won't contact them. If someone has a lot of favorites then they are most likely here to talk only and aren't serious about finding something long term in the future. And is most likey to continue chatting or seeing other people on the side.

Wow. That's a lot of assuming... and you know what they say about that. :) Most of those who have favorited me, have never contacted me. The vast majority of men I have been contacted by and conversed with... don't favorite me. (hmm, should I be offended??) My assumption on the favorites thing, mainly because it's what I do... is they see something interesting about me and "bookmark" me, intending to come back later and say "hi." Though of the ones that favorite me AND contact me... they move to the front of the line. I don't know why... they just do. :)

And back to the topic... I rarely contact guys anyway, and if I see they are down roses, it DOES make me hesitate, because I wonder if they are already interested elsewhere. But it doesn't keep me from contacting them if I'm truly interested. If he contacts me, however, I don't pay a bit of attention to how many roses he does or doesn't have. As mentioned several times already, roses can be sent to anyone for any reason. They're virtual... and don't mean a thing past "I find you interesting at the moment, let's get to know each other better." Which is kinda the whole point of this site, so why take offense?
 Blakkardaberry
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2009 11:31:03 PM
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Romeo and Juliet

Can so much importance be placed on something so insignificant. it's a virtual rose if you gonna be upset ask the guy did he send her real ones because the virtual ones are worth just what you pay for them nothing.
 heartseekertrue
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/23/2009 9:21:34 AM
No hesitation at all.
Wouldn't date a POF'er without a rose...
(she might not be a virgin)
If she has TWO, then she's GOTTA be a virgin!

Love these playful sarchasm threads...

of course, Stein, Frost, Shakespeare all said it first...a rose is (just) a rose...
(even if its a non-wilting VIRTUAL rose)

... been here years...never gave one...never got one.
But there is an amazing "american beauty" bush out front,
and "blushing chastity" bush out back. real rose, real prolific.

I give roses all the time...to all the women in my non-cyber life.
My mother, my "adoptive" mom, my daughter, my dates, the church ladies...
my secretary, the Doc's wife, my neighbors...
I hope they don't think I am too easy!
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 153
Posted: 8/23/2009 11:22:11 AM

A Happygal wrote: I alway believe that I am smarter many others

If you feel that strongly about it, maybe you should send yourself some roses Happy!

Stray__Cat
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/27/2009 3:12:33 PM
One rose left...
I leave her alone.
She is obviously keen on someone.

No roses left....
I may email her.
She wears her heart on her sleeve and is sending em out willy-nilly.
Obviously the first didn't take, so the second may not either.
 previouslyme
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:10:47 PM
I send the roses as needed to someone that sounds like they need it.

Some won't contact if they have several "friends" but I think that no longer displays on our profiles, so now you have to just count them... yeah right!

heartseekertrue
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:28:17 PM
Watch out though, the thorns are unlimited.
Might get pricked...
 HVACtech
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:31:05 PM
Think about this a minute. If an inventory of digital flowers is all it takes to stand in the way of sending a "person of interest" a simple e-mail hello, then what does that say? Good grief, people, this is an on-line dating site ... not a game show to guess someone's character or whether they're involved with somebody else or not, based on 0, 1, or 2 roses.

Same holds for the digital steak, glass of wine, or box of chocolates. E-mails are inherently impersonal enough, but if all it takes is a picture of a dog in a cardboard box to win someone's interest then it's a good time to take a long, hard look at what we're doing here.

Logically, we could argue the meaning behind a 5,000-pt. background, too. Does that mean a person is selfish, stingy, and can't be counted on to buy an occasional digital tap beer?

I'm with angelsback -- this whole "digital gift" concept is beyond juvenile.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2009 12:33:17 AM
Personality 1st, second and last, so no room for 'roses count equals zero '
~sc~
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:39:26 PM
I get two roses a month, so I send out two a month. If I see a nice girl who I think deserves one, out it goes, eh. How many women do I know who get offended somehow if they receive a real rose? Not too many, I don't think, and they all have issues, so I send the roses and the bad ones stay away.

Any nice girls out there not get a rose?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2009 7:41:25 PM
OMG! Have we resorted to such a level of immaturity?! Who cares?!
 barbee1970
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:04:37 PM
Ok I started seeing a guy here whom I gave a 2nd chance to. It was same thing different day. He just did not have the time in his day to pick up the phone to call. He text he a quick message once a week.

Weekends he would want to come over MAYBE for few hrs on a Sat night NEVER SUNDAY.

I happened to look at his profile said 0 roses can be sent.
I sent him one awhile back, I never got a rose. He said he can't control who messages him.

True, but with how unreliable he has bee with me no doubt in my mind--HE'S LOOKING at someone else! So if no roses I guess I stand by my previous word--he's taken--he's wooing someone else. Dealbreaker.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:07:45 PM
I dont send those picture gifts, its sort of phony sending something like that to someone you havent met yet.
 barbee1970
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:07:54 PM
Exactly, Melissa49ca,

He had 2 roses. I sent him one. Then I noticed he was missing the other when he gave me all this BS that there was no other GFs. We already started seeing each other and he always had 2 roses could be sent. There's someone else--trust me!!
 dp503
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:50:15 PM
I went on a date with a girl then afterwards while checking her profile out i saw she had zero roses. What a slut.lol.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2010 3:45:28 PM
we have roses?
 Walts
Msg: 208
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:45:15 PM
Only roses I have are out in my backyard,,,,,and they are STAYING there!!!!

I do have to thank everyone for the Friday evening shiats and giggles though. Most entertaining thread I've read in awhile.
 Ocee
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:06:38 PM
It's seems a bit like going into a bar and complaining about people drinking.

I'm a bit unsure why someone looking that hard for reasons not to talk to people

would bother with a dating site at all.
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 225
Yup.
Posted: 6/16/2012 11:12:07 PM
I never even look. Who cares. They don't really mean anything. Ivevreveived them with messages that just say hello
 newstart1949
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2012 10:25:13 AM
its kind of a weird issue....

it turn me off if someone send me a rose too quickly, and I would probably be telling them to Slow Down...

So I guess that means the virual rose means something in my book....

Thus if a man or woman has no roses left to say be mine...Wouldn't that kind of mean that they are either playing around willy nilly or are so desperate they are giving them to everyone they talk to.

I would say that yes it would bug me that I had someone talking to me who had no roses in their account, especially someone that says they are not daing right now....
 Maleman999
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/13/2012 6:51:27 PM
So that explains it. I have these imaginary scratches on my arms and hands and I had no idea where they came from. It's from the imaginary roses I've been hanging onto. I better send them to my imaginary girlfriend.
 DragonBits
Msg: 233
Posted: 8/13/2012 7:15:13 PM
So if you send out 2 roses and have none left, is there any way to get more?
 newstart1949
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 8:32:39 AM
the roses refresh every 30 days....

Interesting one person had of putting it to me....

If they not committed to you yet then its like a Valentine's party in grade school.

Yet if they been telling you different, or trying make you think they the only one they talking to...It might be a question one would want to bring up....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >