Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Birth Control for Men????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blowmydoorsoff
Msg: 34
Birth Control for Men????Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Just had to post up, cuz ~rain~ started this thread. Ummm birth control for men ? Good concept, heard itz called "pulling out", lol. But that takes alot of trust and more than a lil self control.

And in da spirit of da ocassion, cant help but quote some song lyrics.

~rain~, iz what the thunder brings for the first time, I can hear my heart sing. Call me a fool, but I know im not, im gonna stand out here on da mountaintop, till I feel, your ~rain" etc."

God the guys in Canada, better know how lucky they are.
 bhhawks78
Msg: 35
Birth Control for Men????
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:30:41 PM
I would take it in a heartbeat and pay an insane amount for it.
 Mxchic
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/8/2009 2:35:53 PM
I suppose there would be more research and results if men were actually interested in controlling who BIRTHED THEIR babies! Since a man can be forced by law to support a child he did not choose to create (other than by providing the batter) I can't understand why men do not take this more seriously as a tool to protect themselves.

Women have the overwhelming responsibility of carrying the babies and then caring for them and guess what...? Them kids can just keep coming if there was no birth control. Women were more than thrilled to have alternatives to having babies year after year because not only do we like sex too, but well, men were walking away from the babies they made...and leaving us with nothing but bills and babes in hand...hence all the child support laws in effect these days.

Imagine a world where a man actually has a choice, besides abstinence, to become a father (or not)...???? There's a bit of power in that is there not?
 S.S.C
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/29/2009 1:53:50 AM
I cant understand why this doesnt exist yet. It takes 2 to make a baby. Both parties need to responsible for the consequences. Women need to protect their eggs. Men need to keep track of their swimmers a whole lot better. Dont blame the woman when you thought it was ok surrender to your boys.
 Chuck65201
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/31/2009 6:45:30 AM
Vasectomy for the win. Become the forever boy toy she has always wanted. Guys it only hurts a little bit but well worth it if you do not want to produce kids or are done producing kids.

lawgeek74
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 11:36:25 PM
RISUG ladies and gentlemen For the Win! Reversible Inhibition of Sperm under Guidance. One shot in the testes you are good for ten plus years. Almost perfect record of no pregnancy. Under study in India. Easily reversible within the ten year mark as well.
 3Therm0pylae0
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/7/2009 12:30:30 AM
I would take that needle straight into my penis if I had to!!!
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/7/2009 1:10:59 AM
are you kidding me? i'll jump on that in a heartbeat.
it's either that or have your kids, money and rights as a father be taken away
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 3:45:36 AM
Made in China.....You have got be kidding me. Msg 10 has it right.

I have a friend who does Microbiology work for a large pharmaceutical firm inspecting their plants. Lets just say the stories are priceless.

God no would I ever allow anything made in China in me.
 kittencat2903
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/7/2009 12:32:25 PM
Many just have to open their mouth....
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/7/2009 12:49:43 PM
birth control for men??? yes, it's called condoms......but most men don't want to use them, so the next resort is called a vasectomy.
 LongAfterDark
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 1:10:56 PM
Stopping egg production is easy. Stopping sperm production is usually permanent. So unless I want to NEVER have children, I wouldn't trust any male contraceptive.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2009 2:52:55 PM
For those who haven't read the article here it is:

<div class="quote"> Researchers recruited more than 1,000 Chinese men who had fathered at least one child two years before the study with their partners to receive injections of testosterone undecanoate (TU) in tea seed oil every month.

After two years, the injections had 95 percent effectiveness for preventing pregnancy overall, and about 98 percent effectiveness for men whose sperm levels dropped off at expected levels within the first few months of the trial.

This is not a new fact. Medical science in the west has known that testosterone injections cause the testes to shrink and males body to stop making sperm. The novalty of the test in China was the research was specifically on fertility. Once the male stops the testosterone injections the testes eventually become of normal size and the body begins producinng sperm again (two to three months). The medical comunity has known of this "side effect" for a long time.
 ~rain~
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 1:05:37 PM
THATS AWSOME!!!

laffs
 xxFinnyxx
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:38:36 AM
I believe there is no regulatory body governing drug research in China so I would be seriously skeptical about a chemical male contraception without any permanent side effects. If the product was developed to say Euro or US standards it would then get my attention. At the moment I'm still very fond of my nads.

My partner had an IUD inserted which turned out to be uncomfortable for both of us in certain positions during the wild monkey dance so that was removed and I eventually got sniped.

Vasectomy may be the only fail safe solution for now...
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/12/2009 7:31:39 PM
Yes finally..... that would cut down on these unwanted pregnancies, OOW births and it's a good WAY to catch lying, decietful, conniving females that would try to put another man's baby on some unsuspecting fool!! U can just tell her..... "Can't be mines cuz I was on the PILL or I had my SHOT already!!" Find your REAL baby daddy....skank!!
 Uncle Grumpy
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/12/2009 7:49:07 PM
Had a vasectomy about ten years ago. Some say not too bad a deal but was a definite drop in virility for a year or two. Besides I think you should have the number of kids you want right away and then quit. There are too many people on this planet as it is and there are certainly some people who are not qualified to be parents anyway. There should be a test to qualify you for parenthood that is harder than a driver's license test for sure..
 AU 4 U
Msg: 51
Posted: 11/12/2009 9:48:07 PM
Been sniped for years now, AND have had 2 girlfriends cheat on me and get pregnant. They didn't know I was sniped. Had myself checked for swimmers before I told them, the look on there faces!!!!

Do I have Trust Issues???
 DudeistPriest
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/12/2009 10:31:09 PM
Why would I put something into my body that may cause who knows what sort of side effects down the road? For the record I have similar feelings towards birth control pills, tubal legations, and vasectomies. Condoms are cheap, readily available, and not permanent!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Birth Control for Men????