Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Do you have enough guts to sue the US government for releasing H1N1 "      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jed456
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Do you have enough guts to sue the US government for releasing H1N1 swine flu?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^^^
Hey a reptilian army I can take. But killer klowns? shudder.
 susan_cd
Msg: 40
Do you have enough guts to sue the US government for releasing H1N1 swine flu?
Posted: 10/18/2010 6:46:40 PM

The Swine Flu was just an excuse for vaccine companies to make money. I'm not going to stick myself with a needle every time a new cold comes out.

The vaccine company makes the vaccine then sells it to the government, who handle the distribution of the vaccine. Whether people get vaccinated or not, the company still gets it's money.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/18/2010 7:02:03 PM

The Swine Flu was just an excuse for vaccine companies to make money. I'm not going to stick myself with a needle every time a new cold comes out.

The vaccine company makes the vaccine then sells it to the government, who handle the distribution of the vaccine. Whether people get vaccinated or not, the company still gets it's money.

Additionally, drug companies only make a small portion of their income from vaccines. The majority of the profits of drug companies come from long-term prescription medications.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2010 5:05:55 PM
RE Msg: 53 by stargazer1000:
Additionally, drug companies only make a small portion of their income from vaccines. The majority of the profits of drug companies come from long-term prescription medications.
Fortunately, more and more medicines are becoming long-term prescriptions, like those for high blood pressure, those for helping the mentally ill, and those for helping those who have Alzheimers, or those that are prescribed for older people, because they have a preventative effect, and might slow down the possible development of Alzheimers.

Great, innit?

Guaranteed long-term income.

It's a win-win for the drug companies.
 susan_cd
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/20/2010 5:18:52 PM

It's a win-win for the drug companies

& keeps getting better. I recall about a year or so ago, there was a small segment on the news about "pre-hypertension". Turns out that if your blood pressure is hovering around the high end of normal ( 120 over 80 I believe) you MAY be suffering from pre-hypertension.

But that's OK, because the pharmaceutical companies ( or at least 1 of them) has a pill for that now.

I'll wait until they come out with a pill for a pre-fracture, then I'd be interested ( if I can sue the company should I get a fracture while taking their pill).
 FoshFish
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/24/2010 10:44:44 PM
You guys are negative.

Let all of us put our brains together, our two dimes we've been rubbing together, and make a pre-death pill. We suggest it will help those taking it avoid death. They, strictly only the patients themselves, can sue us if the pill fails.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Do you have enough guts to sue the US government for releasing H1N1 "swine flu"?