Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Family pressure to be in a relationship/tying the knot.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 notregme
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Family pressure to be in a relationship/tying the knot.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
ya nothing makes you feel better that foks hounding you about being single.lol.

when are you getting married?

what are you waiting for?

like you know the time date and girl ahead of time.lol
 Verissa
Msg: 6
Family pressure to be in a relationship/tying the knot.
Posted: 5/14/2009 1:55:08 PM
My mother pressured me into a quick marriage. It is my fault for not telling her to mind her own business, I understood she was going far away, isn't in the best of health and wanted to see me married before I had another child out of wedlock..bla bla bla bla bla. So I listened. I sometimes wish I hadn't, I was planning on living in sin until after the birth of #3 and then wearing my beautiful wedding dress for a nice small family ceremony. I don't know if I made the right choice, but I'm not sure I would even be married had we not done it when we did, so now I have a beautiful wedding dress rotting away in my closet that odds are I'll never get to wear. Very sad:(
 jules.
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:09:41 PM
so..are you bragging?
Do you infact feel that you should be married by now?? Are you your own pressure?
 WanderingRain
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:18:28 PM
I think the pressure, if it was there, vanished completely when my brother married and is now expecting...
I guess it's because the bloodline is now secure...
 redkatt
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2009 5:53:11 AM
If think it's just in a families "genes" to want to see all of their single young adult members married off and having babies.

I have a wonderful family but I still get those types of comments. Such as, on Easter when I happened to be holding my cousin's 5 month old, one of my uncles looked over to me and said "Isn't it about time you got started on having one of those (a baby)?". Yeah it kind of pissed me off but deep down I know they just want me to be happy in life and they think marriage equals happiness in which I'm not convinced of that fact as of yet, lol.

Luckily my parents don't put a lot of pressure on me because they know they have raised a smart daughter, one who chooses not to date random SOB's but holding out for a good man. Although with that being written, you know it's bad when a parent says to their daughter they they want grandchildren some day soon and that in this day and age it's okay for "accidents" to happen, lol. Thank god for birth control!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Family pressure to be in a relationship/tying the knot.