Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 army3
Msg: 27
Online dating doesn't workPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok, I didn't make it past the first paragraph of the OP here. Right away I said to myself-"self, why does a date have to be an interview? It doesn't have to be like that, yet millions of people get the dumb idea that it does. Why do so many people think negatively like that?"
 celts123
Msg: 28
Online dating doesn't work
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:10:21 AM
It would work if people did not lie about who they really are and they really want.

I agree. I also think online dating would work better if people were more patient and had more realistic expectations.
 JoeiR
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:31:14 PM
Reed 1212 said:
half-assed backwords? wtf. My profile is good to go.

Reed, your profile is charming. I liked how you stated you like to go places, chill on the couch and long term relationship. A girl like myself would probably enjoy meeting you.

But...try adding more photos or better photos. You seem cute so far, but they are kind of blurry and wouldnt make me jump. Try that and see what happens
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:18:18 AM
Well, I for one can tout the fact that POF does work. I have met some wonderful gentlemen on here, had several very nice relationships that turned into good friendships, and am now head over heels in love with a wonderful man that I met on here. Thank you POF for introducing me to my boyfriend...without this service, I would have never had the chance to meet him, and missed out on real happiness!
Beth
 867love
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/12/2009 1:34:40 PM
The internet (and or internet dating sites) are merely another avenue for communication. it connects you up to virtually everyone in the world (with a computer and a keyboard) -it opens up the world and brings new people into our lives,

not a guarantee your gonna get a date

How you choose to use this form of communication is up to you
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >