Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a8u1t7m0
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Annoying neighbourhood kidPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You have one of two options:

A. Befriend him
B. Fight his family (in court or by way of police reports and Child Protective Service calls, none of which will probably do much good)

Kids do better when they have structure. When they don't, they don't know what to expect and they constantly test limits in a destructive way. It sounds like he's bored and wants attention. If his Mama calls you a b*tch in front of him, I can only imagine what she says to him behind closed doors.

He sounds like he needs someone stable in his life. You can either be that person, or you can hate him and his family. Guiding a child is very much like being a coach...it takes patience and lots of reminders....and consequences.

If you decide to befriend him, tell him that on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that you will sit and blow bubbles (or play with one of his toys, or PlayDough, or somesuch) with him. In return, he has to respect you and your property. He wouldn't like it if you tore up his toys, and you don't like it when he tears up your yard and gets your house dirty.

He likes you and he wants your attention....you actually have the upper hand.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 43
Annoying neighbourhood kid
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:07:45 PM
Befriending them only makes them see a sucker.
Their parents have money for cigs and oxy, but ever since I bought the children some ice cream and popsicles, I am just a source of candy. I feel bad for the children, but they are all "well known to the system" and have a case worker.
If you do report it, chances are they will tell you that they already have a case worker.
That is reality.
 a8u1t7m0
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:12:58 PM
NocturnalPrincess: "ever since I bought the children some ice cream and popsicles, I am just a source of candy"

Kids can be capitalists, but he woke her up to show her his new toy...I think that time with the child is what he is looking for.
 SantaCruzinCutie
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/20/2009 1:35:58 PM
i would have been on the phone with CPS from the getgo.. this kid is obviously neglected. holy cow.
ORRRR, i'd lodge a complaint with your manager of the rental, it's a public nusance.
otherwise, put up an electric fence. that'll stop him. haha.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >