Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Aussie accents      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Aussie accentsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If you want to know what a bogan is I give a definition of the female variety in my profile.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/2/2011 3:55:16 AM
Sad or hilarious, depends on your perspective.
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/2/2011 7:40:54 PM
"Latte sippers"? I like how thats somehow a term of derision in some quarters... does that mean you've never had a coffee made with milk before?
I sip latte and I'm proud.:)
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/2/2011 7:45:23 PM
It should also be noted that a love of good coffee transcends all socio-economic, cultural and political boundaries in Australia. You'll find an equal number of passable cafes in Frankston and Toorak these days.
 Holly63
Msg: 10
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/2/2011 11:20:24 PM
I've often wondered why and how such a small country as England has so many accents compared with the size of our country.

In my experience the only accents I've noticed are the Okka (very strong speak, such as our dear late Steve Irwin), "normal accent" and some differences b/w Victoria and Qld. For example, I've found many Queenslanders to finish off a statement with "hey". That, to me, borders on Okka.

Also, names for particular items are different.......

In Victoria a butternut pumpkin is as its called but in Qld they call them trombonals.
In Victoria we say "potato cake", but in Qld they call them "scallops."

Interesting.................

And to Internetdatinglol? I live in Frankston and to me all our coffees are definately the same :)
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/3/2011 12:07:52 AM
Apparently that makes you an evil snooty latte sipper! Go vote for the Greens why don't you!
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Aussie accents
Posted: 9/4/2011 2:47:42 AM
Now look who's stereotyping!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Aussie accents