Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 previouslyme
Msg: 226
I just don't understand....Page 10 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Thanks guys. I said all I want or need to say. Believe what you want, I do not want any more than that.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 227
Think about it....
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:06:45 PM
I prefer not to use that 3 letter word by choice, only because as I grow _ _ _er there will be a time when 80+ will be _ _ _!!! get it?

Life is meant for living and I'm living it,
and having the time of my life...
some times "LIFE or crap" happens and we
have to roll through the journey that life's highway leads us on.

so anyway...

I don't get why Lance isn't on these forums more often than he is
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 228
I don't get
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:55:12 PM
I don't get how my dryer keeps shrinking all my clothes....
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 229
I don't get
Posted: 6/10/2009 5:13:19 AM
Speaking of messed up laws....I don't get why you HAVE to use a seat belt. I wear mine regardless, so it really doesn't make me any difference in that regard. I just don't understand why it is mandatory you do so. It is not an endangerment to other drivers and if you want your head going through the windshield on impact, so be it. My nephew was in a car accident that if he HAD his seatbelt on, he would have been dead....needless to say, he's not a fan of seatbelts. I know the odds are in your favor if you do wear them, I just think it should be a choice and not a requirement.

Dena, it probably has a lot to do with hearsay. I don't imagine they will remove a post because you say he has AIDS and is infecting other people. Someone could come and make up a lie about you (or anyone) and have you deleted. That wouldn't be right. People would be deleted all the time just because someone didn't like the person and decided to make up lies. Kind of like when someone threatens you in real life, the police say, well, we can't do anything until something actually happens....by then it may be too late. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's the way it is.
 previouslyme
Msg: 230
I do get it when it comes to some laws....
Posted: 6/10/2009 4:42:45 PM
In my field I see a lot of injury due to accident. One reason for some of these laws is that it may save you from ending up close to death and not quite a veg at a nursing home relying on insurance to cover you for how long? It also keeps volunteer ems, firefighters, etc from having to scrape up any more senseless injuries from the road. Some protects the inocent (children), from parents that wouldn't buckle them in if someone didn't tell the they had to... and there is only a small percentage of the ones that are like that and even smaller that still won't even if they get fined. Sometimes it isn't about ourselves, it is about those around us.

I have tested many men that were in a coma after a motor cycle accident that you could see no real outward damage to the body, just swollen eyes and face where some of the fluids from the brain were causing swelling. The outcome is not good either way. I would not have my younger brother if he did not have his helmet on in a state that does not require them. Odd, I haven't had a female patient with that situation.

With diving if some flukey thing happened, a second person above water might be able to get help, another in the water could help or get help. But that is just the chance you take with almost anything. Diving, climbing, skiing etc all would be in the same category as that I would think.

Be as safe as you can in everything you do!
 Catnip62095
Msg: 231
Think about it....
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:45:47 PM

Hey i havnt been on for a while.. whats new?

Kat and Su are outta here, but someone on twitter today registered STL Dating....Hmmm, I wonder.....could it be?
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 232
Think about it....
Posted: 6/10/2009 6:52:49 PM
I believe it is! Rumor has it that domains and software have already been purchased and they are staging a takeover of the St. Louis Dating Scene. Kat's got the contacts and Sue's got the internet expertise so it should be interesting...

I believe it's stlouisdating though not stldating.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 233
Think about it....
Posted: 6/10/2009 7:56:29 PM
Yeah...my source was pretty reliable too...;-)
 SusieStL
Msg: 234
I JUST DON'T GET IT
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:13:07 PM

no source let me know... now I am

as she jumps up and down raising hand up in the air.... tell me tell me tell me.. j/k

I found it myself and I am thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 previouslyme
Msg: 235
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:33:28 PM
Honey, I wish it was that easy. There is always someone around the corner to stop that plug from getting pulled.... Then there are the guidelines that have to be followed to the T. If I am 1 minute off or someone even walks near my patient during my test, an power flicker, a cell phone within 20 feet, anything invalidates the test for another 24 hours. And many times you have to have 2 or 3 exactly 24 hours apart. If the 2nd or the 3rd gets interferred with, start all over. It isn't quite like tv. The best thing is the organ donation program otherwise. It is the lawsuits and insurance companies that try to set the guidelines. Wanna know how much malpractice insurance is on every little tylenol tablet is a medical facility?
 Catnip62095
Msg: 236
I JUST DON'T GET IT
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:55:38 PM

I think you all are referring to my new dating website!!!

Dude, can you imagine ? If they do this thing right, the fish will be jumping pond. I'm in there like swimwear
 kclowns
Msg: 237
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:54:27 PM
Susie, Stlouisdating... I can't find it on my own can you text it to me ? I'm such a dofus with the computer.
 Catnip62095
Msg: 238
Posted: 6/10/2009 11:12:50 PM

Stlouisdating... I can't find it on my own

It's there on twitter, confirmed, and it's already developed a following. Try using all lower case lettering, you'll find it along with all the updates.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 239
Posted: 6/11/2009 7:00:15 AM
I dont really consider it stirring the pot. Some of us do care because we live in St. Louis and having extra dating opportunities/events is a bonus. I dont plan on jumping ship on here though, I will just have more irons in the fire and I can't see that as a bad thing.
 SusieStL
Msg: 240
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:19:16 AM
I just don't get it when someone has to have a negative comment about most things when her mouth opens. (or she types LOL)

Just the kind of person I would want to hang with. NOT

Also, I just don't get how someone can be two different people from being on line and in person. I would say that they may not even look like their pic. This is a dating site. Those of us active who host and attend events have a good time... no bs. Some of us are a couple now, some are steady dating & some are still looking.. doesn't matter we are friends and we like to hang together... this is were it is communicated. enough said.

Sue D is the perfect person to manage that site....and if you don't know why then I guess you don't know her...probably cause you hide behind the monitor screen and never attend an event. That would be such a boring life. Glad that isn't me.

edit...you might check to see who started the thread before you start reading it.
 previouslyme
Msg: 241
Posted: 6/11/2009 9:11:59 AM
Well, as the buddy system or any other system, nothing is fool proof. As a family member of the ones that didn't make it knowing what happened instead of wondering for ever is at least holding out that someday they may walk through the door because they never went diving. The bodies may never have been found. I don't know. Yes, for many that takes some of the freedom away.
 06ace06
Msg: 242
Posted: 6/11/2009 1:46:37 PM
i think those who reference anyone as "pof king/queen" are joking. i know that the times my mom is referred to such, it embarrasses her in spite of being a joke. when we aim to get as many people to the party, it is not anything other than a "the more, the merrier" concept. i know mom has hosted events from 30 to 600 or more and has always said that SHE has more fun at the smaller ones.

gee...i am curious. all this harping on about "rules being broken" in spite of knowing such. are all of your posts truly never breaking any rules? how is my mother's post any different from the one than mentions someone/hiv?? my mother's post simply stayed that she, in spite of the rumors being spread AT a pof event, does not have herpes. she did not name any names of the person spreading the rumors. it was rather obvious. the difference is, HERS was REPORTED BY A MEMBER. do you honestly think marcus monitors the threads? don't you think MANY more accounts would be deleted and threads deleted if that were the case? i think you know that is the case. i also think you know if it were anyone else who posted the SAME thing, it would not have been reported.

but what counts is, yes, the buzz going about is true. no, they are not competing with pof in ANY way shape or form. actually, it will be a completely different concept. the site is live, but not running. tune to twitter if you want to stay afloat. oh, and if MY account gets deleted for saying this, it will be proof positive of my points above. only those reported get deleted. others mentioned the SAME thing, and are still her. tsk tsk.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 243
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:10:55 PM
I don't get why I have never learned to play the piano. I've always wanted to play but never been motivated enough to learn it....another what I don't get is why I can't get motivated to finish all these little projects I've started.
 previouslyme
Msg: 244
Posted: 6/11/2009 5:22:15 PM
I don't get why I don't have a sense of rhythm or tone. I have learned to play a few instruments and used to sing, but I have some difficulty with rhythm and tone.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 245
Posted: 6/11/2009 8:35:37 PM
Myself, I am on several sites for the networking opportunities, just so happens I currently am seeing one that I met at an event

and what a cute couple you are too....
 SusieStL
Msg: 246
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:22:50 AM
I just don't get why I quit playing the guitar. I didn't go cold turkey like you did trekker...every once in a while I will strum a few chords... like at Christmas time.

I can relate to the fingers.. OMG and yes Byte.. the pain in the joints.

It can be such great therapy for me. I think the guitar got laid down when I started driving. It just wasn't cool for a chick to be at home all the time playing her guitar instead of being out there with the peeps.

I too have them collecting dust.. ..at the last count I think I have 4....never got rid of my first one either. It is an OLD Fender Jaguar.. jealous huh? lol
 previouslyme
Msg: 247
Posted: 6/12/2009 9:48:54 AM
Our hostess from the last night has been overworded at her full time job. I think she will get to it soon.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 248
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:19:07 AM
I don't get how you can meet someone, go out and have an apparent good time, talk online for 1 1/2 years, be online friends, finally decide to meet again and then get stood up......WTF?....
 kclowns
Msg: 249
I don't get messenger etiquette...
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:59:17 AM
I don't get when someone contacts you on messenger. You answer, they take a couple minutes to respond to you and you exchange a couple of response back and forth and then they don't say anything more. No ttyl..cya..gotta go.. nothing..just leave you hanging in the air. Isn't that like being hung up on if you were talking to them on the phone ??
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 250
I don't get how she got stood up....
Posted: 6/12/2009 11:08:33 AM
No, Vixn, I haven't.....and I don't think I'm gonna waste my time. He had my number, he could've called if he knew he could't make it. I hate to lose the friendship but also deserve the respect.....his loss....

You answer, they take a couple minutes to respond to you and you exchange a couple of response back and forth and then they don't say anything more. No ttyl..cya..gotta go.. nothing..just leave you hanging in the air. Isn't that like being hung up on if you were talking to them on the phone ??

OMG! That is so infuriating,. If you have to leave how long does it take to say "g2g, ttyl" or SOMEthing. I agree, it's the equivalent of being hung up on, especially if you were still talking. I could see if you hadn't talked or exchange conversation within say 15 minutes or so....it's a cyber hangup...LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!