Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SusieStL
Msg: 276
I just don't get it...Page 12 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
hhhmmmm sorry you took that the wrong way... I sometimes come on strong.. but that is who I am.

I recently have had someone say to me that I am too independent. Now that is something I don't get.

I have never depended on someone else... that does intimidate a lot of guys.. I would think a guy would appreciate a woman who can stand on her own two feet. I expect the same of partner as I do myself. Seems I have found quite a few men that are not doing so... to me that is something I don't get. I believe in partners.. not someone trying to dominate.. won't happen here.

Anyway, I can't encourage you enough to get out to our parties. We do have a blast. Now I have to check out your profile. lol

Again to anyone who might need to read this, keep your chin up ~~you are worthy of happiness....give it time because, one things for certain, things are going to change.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 277
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/24/2009 5:07:36 AM

I've had people read my screename Trekker and think that I hang out at Star Trek conventions wearing pointy fake ears

Maybe it's because I am not a Star Trek fan, but I didn't get that at all. I made the connection just by your profile pic. You look, to me at least, like you are an outdoorsy person, I just figured that you liked hiking.

Never was a Star Trek or Star Wars fan
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 278
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/24/2009 5:29:02 AM
I don't get how some people just can't be happy for you and feel the need to start trouble.

I thought as a friend you were supposed to be happy and supportive of each other, not jealous and petty. But of course, I've been wrong before.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 279
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/24/2009 3:55:36 PM
Here's another I don't get....

Why in the he** someone would contact me....no pic...very little profile, stating, "hey! Wanna meet?" Or "Hey! Wanna hook up?" I'm like WTF??? Like I'm going to say, oh sure...I'm so desperate that I will meet you, sight unseen to hook up....give me a break! I mean, puhleeze...I'm no beauty queen but do I look that homely that someone thinks I am desperate enough and would really be up for that? Okay...never mind...don't answer that question.
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 280
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/24/2009 7:01:42 PM
You keep pondering it, snookums!!
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 281
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/24/2009 9:25:17 PM

We all got used to living without all the nasty fowl language.

Poor Russ, he fell into a sh!t hole again.

Hmmm...which one is it, Snookums?

–noun 1. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

(I guess YOUR foul language is acceptable?)

PS...fowl is a type of game bird. Foul is...well, you know.

PPS...I had not heard such about Russ! Will send a get well card!
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 282
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 11:32:10 AM
Some should quit making assumptions.

Oops...left off the word I was sharing the definition of, above...Hypocrite.

Leave Russ alone. He said nothing...you assumed.
 whatever0001
Msg: 283
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 12:33:05 PM
I second that motion!!!!
 SusieStL
Msg: 284
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 12:56:36 PM
can I 3rd that motion ????

I really don't want to get on my soap box... and I can't call someone sweet who is always trying to stir the pot... no one has bother anyone yet the pot gets stirred.

peeps are different... let it go peeps.. IF you can't get along with each then stay away from that person. that is what I choose to do because that person went spastic before finding out the true facts. I do not need childish, insecure peeps in my life like that.

I am out here to find a companion (which I have done ) and make some new friends. It truly has been a learning experience to say the least. There are some really strange peeps out there .. but that is diversity. I guess I am unique in the fact I am not jealous if one of my girlfriends find the love of their life.. I am very happy for them. The really cool part is we all still get together and party.. AS COUPLES.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR WHY ARE YOU STILL ON HERE THEN???? This is a site for all.. there are married peeps on here... I am hosting a party so I will remain on here. I love peeps.. I am a peeps person.. so this is a great way to network.
 whatever0001
Msg: 285
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 1:33:57 PM
This is how I feel about it...
There are several people who post on here regularly that:
a) Make no sense at all
b) Talk to themselves (back to back posts) constantly
c) Are obnoxious
c) etc, etc, etc....
And this is the deal. I CHOOSE TO IGNORE!!!!!
So please.....do us all a favor, try it sometime sweet???andsuccessful.
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 286
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:00:35 PM

I just don't get why you 3 above just don't stay out of it......

MORE hypocrisy, Sweet??

Cause you certainly did not follow your own advice....I don't even need to waste my breath referencing WHAT...but YOU stuck YOUR nose in it.

You stuck your nose in more recently, Russ' business!
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 287
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:44:52 PM
Lets stay on topic now...that was a completely different thread and it was removed by the thread starter. ;)

I just don't get some of the St. Louis traditions....Imos Pizza, asking what school you went to, and etc. They say you know a person is from St. Louis if they say, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity!"

Yeah...That's the kind of stuff THIS thread was intended for!
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 288
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 3:58:40 PM
I don't get why Susie put the Merry Xmas fella at the end of her post...it's June and the last thing I need to be thinking about is Christmas all over again, ugh!...
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 289
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 4:11:59 PM
I think we have an instigator in our midst....she's pushing buttons and you are responding....exactly what she wants. You are the orchestra and she is the conductor.... Best way to avoid it all....ignore it!
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 290
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 4:57:43 PM
posted by Susie:

"I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR WHY ARE YOU STILL ON HERE THEN???? This is a site for all.. there are married peeps on here... I am hosting a party so I will remain on here. I love peeps.. I am a peeps person.. so this is a great way to network"

Amen Sister

Me too, me too, me too, those don't like it either can't read our profiles when we've stated 'we've met our match but are on here to make new friends and seek those awesome folks for our friends', like you said, networking..doesn't take a rocket scientist.

I don't get why it has to be so darn hot outside in June!!!
 SusieStL
Msg: 291
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 10:25:09 PM
OMG this is too funny

I met someone tonight... well I met him to introduce him to a friend of mine, just call me match maker.. and I asked him of course if he was from StL.. he said yes.. then you know what my next question was..... WHAT HIGH SCHOOL DID YOU GO TO!!!! I thought the gals at the table were going to fall out... he thought it was funny also.

Lainey... girl you are too funny....today I was riding in my Jeep with the top down...it was HOT HOT HOT.. the temperature that is.. and on the radio the song Let It Snow came on.. it was too funny. Here I am driving down the road in almost 100 degree weather with the top down singing Let It Snow. Let It Snow. Let It Snow. So, the point is... yesterday was the 25th... 6 months till Christmas

edit, I am saying yesterday cause it is past midnight now.. good laurd the time sure does fly when you are having fun.
 previouslyme
Msg: 292
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/25/2009 10:44:06 PM
June 25th, 6 mos ago or six months from now...

I think we were posting together.... Last year I went to the Grizzlies game on the 25th, they were giving out Christmas ornaments and Santa was there in his WINTER suit on a sled for pictures! HOT that day too! They had booths for the kids to make "gifts" and to decorate christmas cookies.... the icing melted right off before you could get to your seat! Lots of people in the hot tub that night!
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 293
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 7:36:39 AM
Boo...hiss on both Susie and Sheila for mentioning Christmas...Im going to have to think of it soon enough...let me enjoy my Christmas-free worries while I can...
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 294
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 7:58:46 AM

ALLLLLLright Snideandsnarky.....now you've pushed MY buttons.

LOL...but ya' know I loves ya' TPot/CrockPot! Yeah...I love an Imo's pie on occassion...OMG....had the BEST one EVER on New Years Day, complete with anchovies!! But I am a thick crust girl....hmmm...that sooo does not sound right!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 295
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 8:11:47 AM
I just don't get... how a person can look around and see so many profile pics being displayed in support of them even tho they are "off the site", yet they repay this devotion in crass and juvenile behavior by picking fights with individuals who should have no sway on any part of their life.

I just don't get... how they can not see it is this very behavior that had them removed from the site and will be this behavior that will damage their future endeavors.

Negativity begets negativity. You can't build jack crap upon a nasty attitude and a childish disposition.

But then that's just my 2 cents.
 SnideAndSnarky
Msg: 296
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 8:42:45 AM
Wow...taking OFF SITE, PERSONAL issues, on site, are we??

Actually, as visibly obvious...I did not promote, provoke, or initiate anything...I simply REPLIED.

My only mistake....I could have chosen to IGNORE comments, just like this blatantly ignorant post. But anyone who knows me...knows I won't.

Honestly though...YOU dear, are the VERY LAST PERSON that I want to take lessons or opinions from, "regarding nasty attitudes and childish dispositions." In fact, I find it humorous.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 297
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 9:45:58 AM
Everything I referred to is from this site, pretty much from this thread. Even the "new endeavor" is referenced several times in the forums. You've not seen me bring up anything that is not here in type already.

Truth is I should have spoken up long ago, but didn't and that is due to my own complacency. Of that I am guilty and I admit it for all to see.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, simply point out things you've obviously not considered.

Enjoy finding humor where you may even if it's at my expense.

Beyond this post I am done.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 298
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 1:15:33 PM

I just don't get why there is so much animosity on the St. Louis forums...is there something in the water over there?

The sad part is that some of us enjoy getting on the forums, meeting new people, and enjoying the chats with friends, but here lately it has become a freaking battlezone so I have just been staying away. I have already given up on this crapola and am just sticking around because I am hosting a few parties and a float trip coming up. If it wasn't for them, then I would be off this site because apparently some people on here feel that we need to be back in high school. I didn't take any drama lessons then and I am not dealing with it now.

Hopefully the peeps from KC don't think that all of us St Louisians are like the few on here that have to bicker back and forth and stir up trouble every chance that they get. Come on over to some of our parties and you will see that some of us actually have some class/manners and enjoy getting out and making new friends.

Peace, Love and Happiness to you all!
 Sunniedays
Msg: 299
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 1:46:57 PM
Amen St Theresa!!! That is exactly why I have been staying off the forums and just reading them. Too much drama, lies and high school antics for me. I miss seeing my friends but the forums have def changed from when I first came on here in 2007.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 300
I just don't get it...
Posted: 6/26/2009 2:41:17 PM
I jsut ignore the posts with all the drama and TRY to continue on topic.

Some people just thrive off drama....
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!