Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cm2Blv
Msg: 501
The I just don't get it! thread!!Page 21 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
EVEN IF YOU ARE CAREFUL.....Karma is a beautiful thing.
 RLFish
Msg: 502
The I just don't get it! thread!!
Posted: 9/16/2009 8:21:31 AM

Ummmm.....I don't say a lot??? You soooo do not know me.

From the forums perspective. Have yet to meet you!
 tallshyman
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:01:29 AM
I just don't get The Proposed penny-per-ounce soda tax. I Drink about 8 cans of coke a day and I am still in good shape.

Maybe I can stop drinking soda and start drinking beer.
 whatever0001
Msg: 504
Posted: 9/18/2009 2:18:35 PM
What about diet caffeine free soda?? Is that going to be taxed also???
 tallshyman
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2009 10:34:21 PM

where has Sheila gone again...

Maybe she found a Man.

~Karen60
Msg: 506
Posted: 9/20/2009 10:54:19 AM
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To that...well said...life is too short, enjoy it while you can and HAVE FUN on here.
I am and have met some GREAT people...

Don't keep beating a dead horse on these forums...let it GOOOOOOOOOOO!

CYA...

happy
 whatever0001
Msg: 507
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:22:25 AM
Attending a POF gathering can be pretty intimidating for some people. I know when I first came I didn't know many people, and at times it did feel like High School again. I rarely meet a stranger, and can talk to just about anyone so it didn't take long for me to get to know everyone. BUT... not everyone is like that. So at the two events that I have hosted, I made sure to introduce myself to those I didn't know. And asked those who seemed to look a little lost to join us at our table. It's funny. Because the look of relief that comes across their face when you do that is a reward in itself. And I have met some great new people in the process. So even though some may not feel that they are "cliquish" it may come across that way to others who are feeling kind of unsure of themselves.
As far as the goofy antics that go on here in the forums...UGH! Move on people. The best way to stop it dead, is to refuse to respond to the ones who can't or won't move on! Opinions are like certain parts of the lower anatomy. We all have one, but you don't have to BE one!
 tallshyman
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:03:30 PM
I spend most of time standing around with no one comes over to talk with me at the POF gatherings.
 whatever0001
Msg: 509
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:44:47 PM
Hey now tallshyman, seems like I have a picture of you and I with those tiny plastic sunglasses on at the JP's beach bash. Don't I???
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:23:32 PM
taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hes back lol....
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 5:19:02 AM
well bay thanks for keeping an eye on the thread while i was gone
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 4:01:12 PM
Actually, i think like all the others, she got banned from the site!
Scrolling back seems theres a banning plauge in these 4ums!

actually i think theres a secrete fish thats been banned that has some pull behind the whole thing......but thats.....JMO..... so watch what you post people apperantly theres no such thing as freedom of speach on POF.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 7:47:40 PM
^^well Sue...im married but have not lived with my wife for almost 2 yrs and theres no chance of us getting back together so should i not date and find happiness... #2 some people must feel the need to represent themselfs as something better than they are too feel like they have a chance of happiness and post missleading pics....#3 everybody needs to vent once in a while.....#4 some people just belive their lies and live by them.......#5 just keep in mind you never really know anyone but yourself and thats if your lucky.... so go to a pof party and spend the time to get to know some people and you will find that there are a few good people to get to know on here......and enjoy the new experience. now ill close my pie hole
 tallshyman
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2009 10:31:41 PM

Hey now tallshyman, seems like I have a picture of you and I with those tiny plastic sunglasses on at the JP's beach bash. Don't I???

Yes
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 515
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 10:00:07 PM
i think thats a good thing Bay and im going to do the same . seems the one with pull has been at it again and we lost another fish . what a shame. so i just dont get it.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 5:47:16 AM
well i could be wrong Bay but maybe the Strat is haunted by an ex hostess that has no other purpose in life than to run off good members from a site she is not supose to be on anymore but seems to still be here. i just dont get it.
 tallshyman
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2009 9:08:38 AM
I think they Delete accounts for posting WEB Links in there post. Like people that host party's do.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 518
Posted: 9/25/2009 2:41:14 PM
I agree Sweet, It's really sad when the last party hosted by Kat at the Strat, all the funds went to Kat for her personal use, and now some of us try to host another party at the Strat and change a fee to cover the cost for 2 bands that are charging us to play that evening and we got that thread deleted as well as the hostess deleted. The Strat gives us use of a free ballroom, drink specials, and a free dinner buffet, as well as discounted rooms, can't expect them to cover the cost of the bands we want as well. It's sad that so many people have enjoyed coming to these POF parties at the Strat and yet we will still have the party, just not as a POF event.

Yet Kat was deleted and is still around hosting POF parties with other POF members. Guess they need to get some new moderators who know how to do their jobs! I'm just glad that there are others who feel the same way about this.
 ~Karen60
Msg: 519
Posted: 9/25/2009 10:17:29 PM
Nitatazldy,

WELL SAID....TY, TY, TY !!!!!!!

Shrinkbabe
Msg: 520
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:42:08 AM
First off KAT did not take the money.... the cover charge was for the BAND that TOMMI hired. TOMMI made the decision to give her the money and paid the band herself..... A

Also I've been talking to people around the country about this. St. Louis is the only place that normally DOES NOT CHARGE A COVER. KC charges $5 a person, and some of the Chicago ones charge $10!!!! And they don't provide food or prizes or ANYTHING else, THAT'S just to walk in the door. They say it is to help the host/hostess to recup some of the money that they put out on the party expenses (not to many people put money into a donation bucket at the events).

Some people need to think back about when there were no POF parties..... it was KAT AND PATRICK that started these, and yes I think their bar tabs should be covered, hell you are bringing them a fvcking TON of business with a POF party. Especially the Strat..... we fill the ballroom, drink, and fill the hotel on a night they otherwise would not have same amount of business. Believe me..... she isn't the ONLY hostess who gets these "perks"...

BTW Theresa....... Shellie and Sheila are still on here too and GHOST HOSTESSING. I believe they were deleted for posting the halloween party as a POF event when they were actually having it as a KICKOFF PARTY FOR THEIR OWN WEBSITE!!!!! It NEVER was a POF event.... Everyone denies it, but I've seen it on SEVERAL other web sites, since it was first posted. That was the ONLY reason that Rhonda was deleted and you people know it. EVERYONE wants to blame this on ONE person when in fact there are several people on POF involved, and the sad part is we all used to be friends.

I think all of this is a fvcking shame that it has come down to all of the back stabbing and name calling.

Sorry, but I had to post my little rant......
 Shrinkbabe
Msg: 521
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 10:30:42 AM
For someone who doesn't attend or hostess POF events...... I'm sure you are in the know
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 522
view profile
History
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 12:58:07 PM
ok for anyone who might want to see it you can e-mail me and ill forward it to you, i have an e-mail from tommi and was asked to post it on here but i know if i do i Will Be Deleted. so if you want the other side of the story feel free to contack me and ill and ill send you the e-mail, and yes it explains the donated band . im sure by now everyone knows i have my problems with a certain ex fish and this is not an attack on her ,its to try to help put some of this too rest so maybe pof can assume some kind of normal function .
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 523
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 6:16:04 PM
I was thinking that charging admission into functions is against the POF regulations unless the venue charges and then POF hostesses are not supposed to get any money. Strictly volunteering of time....I'm not sure as I've never hosted and never read the rules regarding it.
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 524
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 7:55:54 PM
at this point, I guess the point is moot....they aren't supposed to be on here anyway, so there's really no sense in pursuing anything.
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 525
view profile
History
love mail
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:55:03 PM
ok in all fairness to both sides of a story i have been asked to extend the same courtisey and make available a rebuttal e-mail so anyone interested in it let me know and after this please feel free to just go on and let things rest and enjoy your pof experience in the way you feel meets your needs and try to make it a good experience.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!