Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SusieStL
Msg: 51
The I just don't get it! thread!!Page 3 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Oh come on J... I am sure there is something better you can think of than a foreign car.

Right now with what is on the news... I just don't get how someone could hurt a child. I just can't even imagine that.

I would give my life up for my beautiful grand daughters.

they are my babies without a doubt.

Skipper, without a doubt you have thought this to happen... run with it.. you just never know it could be your break.
 previouslyme
Msg: 52
The I just don't get it! thread!!
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:16:54 PM
My daughter has an 06 chevy with 5 speed manual transmission. All my kids had the opportunity to learn how to drive manual transmission before automatic. They love the manual transmission. I wish there were more American made cars readily available with manual transmission. Not just sports cars.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/16/2009 12:13:38 AM

Miss Shellie! You did not comment on my friends ginormous bag!

Believe it or not I JUST NOW found the comment after seeing it quote by Theresa! It was the flocking to the restroom comment that kept catching my eye. lol

There's not really THAT much stuff in the bag, but LOTS of room to add flasks, containers of lime, salt shakers, stuff bought at faire, extra flip flops (hint Kat), extra clothes, juice bottles, crayons and coloring books, etc.. I've even been known to smuggle half full pitchers of beer out of bars before. You just never know when a big azz bag will come in handy!

I don't get why you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway.
 trekker013
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/16/2009 12:16:42 AM

Late 30s??[and never married] Well, it's more like 40's...either gay OR damaged goods...nutcase...lol...

Or smart........or fortunate......or thank god I'm not paying alimony or child support..... etc. etc.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:06:14 AM
^^Totally agree...I was actually being a smart ass.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:29:46 AM
I just don't get....Why my self cleaning oven is more of a pain in the ass to clean, than the non-self cleaning sort! **Chokes** Gawd...it's smoky in here!

I just don't get....Why my washer sounds like someone smacking someone's ass, when it is agitating!?!? Even the freaking washer is telling Kat that she needs to get laid!

semovictory
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:42:18 AM
Forget the washer ..call me. I promise I can agitate ya better
 SusieStL
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/16/2009 4:28:16 PM
hhhmmm pretty confident fella there wouldn't you say Kat???

I have a garbage disposal that is loud enough to wake the dead... OMG where did that come from.

here is the best probably...why do I constantly use OMG ??? maybe I should say that is my trademark.... but then what am I trading.. I need to quit while I am ahead.

Kat.. even though I am working tomorrow I will be at O Aces for a little while. I just couldn't resist and besides Karen threatened me if I don't show. j/k
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/16/2009 5:17:03 PM
LOL...way cool, Susie! See ya there...heading out here myself, as soon as Debi gets here...Timmy is LATE. LOL

Semo Dude Mac....I...plead the fifth.

But here...agitate on this for a while...
 semovictory
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:59:56 AM
Susie, I am extremely confident in my abilities to agitate folks..I could pi$$ off the pope .

Kat, I tried the lil green guy and I discovered size really does matter...who knew????
 previouslyme
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:34:40 PM
It bugs me when a dear friend gets into a relationship that is very restrictive. If the person you are seeing doesn't like your friends or is jealous of your relationship with them, should you pursue the relationship? If the person is on and off, sometimes vanishes and doesn't return phone calls or messages... then shows back up in your life like nothing ever happened... do you pursue it?
 TheKidof72
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/17/2009 2:56:18 PM
I have had my best friends get attached to guys who have pulled them away (yeah, I know, I'm a bad influence on my friends ) and wouldn't let them have any contact with any of their friends. But my best friends know that if anything should ever happen, no matter what happens with them and their men, if they needs a friend, I am still there for her. We may keep our distance for awhile, but we refuse to give up a 30 year friendship over a guy, friendships that last that long are not things that are taken too lightly.
 previouslyme
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:40:01 PM
I know, I have to wait it out, but sometimes it is hard when it is the person you just want to talk to. Some friends have a better way of putting things into perspective than others. Not just the ~ oh well you will get over it.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:23:44 PM
it plainly states in my profile I have two.

I'm sure there are many more.

You're sure there are many more? Kids? You're not sure?

BTW - where's Fair Play, Missouri, anyway?

trekker013
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/18/2009 5:29:52 AM
The animal shelter may have been at maximum capacity and wasn't taking any more animals at the time.

No excuse to dump them in the woods but it could be why.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/18/2009 7:30:11 AM
Open Door Sanctuary NEVER refuses an animal, and they have a "no euthanize" policy.

why people have to email me and ax me where "Fair Play" is, wouldn't it be easier to just google it?

It's called a conversation starter. Shame on the person for actually emailing you...I am certain you are overwhelmed with so many emails that you cannot be bothered with such mundane questions!

But...for those who google is not their friend:

Fair Play is a city in Polk County, Missouri, United States. The population was 418 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Springfield, Missouri Metropolitan ...
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:02:23 AM
Okay, I'm just going to say it - I don't "GET" why some women on this site put really..uh...we'll CALL them "provocative" photos on their profile and then state they're looking for a "true gentleman" and a "nice guy". What's up with that? Do they think they're going to get anything other than sleazy come ons if they're parading around in a bikini, lingerie or some other, similar get up in their profile pics?

I'm just saying and I'm not naming names. I just don't GET IT.

J_in_OFallon
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:16:58 AM
^^^^ x2

Sue, that was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

I thought "If that's all you know how to use to attract a mate -- see ya!".

Mr. Atypical strikes again...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:12:23 AM
Well, I am not one to parade around bikini clad, but if I could, I just might! In defense of some really kick ass people I know who do, let me say this. Think of the profiles as being 2 dimensional, and the photos making them three.

The photo's AREN'T "all they have to attract a mate"...they have things written in their profile prose (1 dimension) and quite possibly the forums (a 2nd dimension)...and you are supposed to combine them ALL. :O)

Also, some ARE NOT looking for a mate, but the concept that one cannot wear revealing clothing and find someone with class....well, that stereotype went out in the 50's I think. Reverse it. If you DO NOT portray yourself as such (trampy clothing LOL)....you still happen upon some losers, no??

That's like saying I can't charm or attract anyone who is not a "party person" cause I choose to mostly put up party pics. Thing is...I do. :O)
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/19/2009 8:54:34 AM
Well, since the topic of the thread is things that *I* do not get, I maintain my position of not "getting" that. I would not wear anything in my profile pictures that I wouldn't wear out in public.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:20:46 AM
LOL Sue-De...wasn't arguing that YOU should get it at all...was just trying to put forth another view. :O)

You would not wear a bikini in public, provided you have the shape for it?? (Which I think you probably DO!)

I agree...I do not get, those who will pose in their bedroom lingerie...lol.
 semovictory
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:24:43 AM
Sooooooooooo...I shouldnt post my thing pic???
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:21:46 AM
Now to be fair, I'm not talking about strictly pictures in a bikini or even a bathing suit. If someone's at a pool or a beach and it makes SENSE that they should be wearing a bikini in a candid shot, that's no big deal and doesn't bother me. That's just someone living their life. I'm talking about staged photos in bikinis, lingerie, high heels, provocative poses with provocative descriptions, etc. Those types of photos are NOT going to attract gentlemen - they are going to attract sleazy email. If you WANT sleazy email, put that in your profile! But if you do not, understand that photos like that INVITE sleazy email! I don't care HOW nice your body is, (or isn't), I do not GET those pics..sorry! It's like the guys posting pictures shirtless - "Oh, here I am posing in my bathroom mirror, shirtless, flexing my muscles just as I do every morning...oh! And here's me looking over my shoulder as I show you my BUTT in this picture...."..
 previouslyme
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:55:00 AM
I have heard from a couple of guys that think it is odd, they pose & post pictures like that & talk provocative on the profile, then when they try to talk to them via phone or email they do a complete turnaround and either hang up and/or block them from emailing.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/19/2009 11:17:32 AM
Ew, well you know me, I dont even like shirtless pics of men....not for profile pics, at least....ewwww.

But...then again, there is soooo much hooplah about misrepresenting oneself...maybe they are just sick of being accused of such? I dunno!

Mac...WHAT are you talking about???
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!