Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 previouslyme
Msg: 151
The I just don't get it! thread!!Page 7 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
I am taking tomorow off for something down what you are feeling J. I have one doc appt and figured I have some things that I am putting off or ignoring, so I will take care of those things. Then sleep as much as I want!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 152
The I just don't get it! thread!!
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:06:42 PM
I don't get it when someone posts nasty comments in their profile about people on this site. Why bother? If someone BLOCKS you, they don't want to hear from you, right? Move on! Maybe the person didn't block you because you disagreed with their politics, maybe they blocked you because you're a snarky, passive aggressive jerk and they just didn't like you? Possible?
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:58:51 PM

My policy, "Don't feed the trolls"...

You're probably right - I shouldn't either. Still, it was amusing to read this person's "take" on things - place blame on "the politics", not that their personality was stalkerish and psychotic. Interesting!

J, would you believe that even after reading this post, I was getting ready to dig up your cell phone and text you? Yes, I am a nitwit, thanks very much..
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:52:57 AM
LOL....I lost a cell to a beverage, as well! Was with Miss Li-Li and others, "having too much fun" as Rhonda would say...and PLOP! Into my rocks glass! I thought it was ok too...but while it would let me dial out, there was a thing with people being able to hear me...it was just never the same. LOL

Sue-De...double icky ugh! **makes LOSER sign in reference to her post**
 SusieStL
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:28:53 PM
I just don't get why I am honest to a fault and there are some real a$$holes out here that lie through their teeth.

Where do people come from?? Do they have NO self respect... do people really think that things won't come back around to bite them in the butt? I just don't get it.

I just don't get HOW people can lie. I guess I was raised by someone who has integrity unlike others who must have been raised by a heathen.

Yes if you are a LIAR... you are lower than dirt in my opinion.
 previouslyme
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:54:38 PM
This last year has flashed a bit of light on the art some people have of distinguishing how not telling the truth is not being a liar. I don't get how they don't see it as the same.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/4/2009 9:31:46 PM
Now wait a minute people. "Not telling the truth" is NOT the same as "lying" always. If you are not telling the truth by OMISSION, for example. Let's say you wear a new shirt...you ask me how I like it, and I say, "It is nice!" but I really think it looks like a paper sack...THAT's a LIE. If you wear the same shirt and not ask...and I do not tell you such because you DID NOT ASK...it's NOT a lie.

People ASSUME a lot...and then cry "LIAR" often. And we know what they say about ASSUMING.

But yes...blatant liars are c0ck sucking mother fvcking pig fvckers.
 previouslyme
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/5/2009 4:36:36 AM
Omission is different, in that situation, it can be as detrimental as a lie in others.

And negativity in a profile is for sure not something one should be drawn to, unless it is to block!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:00:11 AM
Luuuce, for ME anyway, I'll add someone to my favorite's list if I liked their photos or I liked their profile and I want to know more. For me, it's the equivalent of the "wink" on Match.com. It says "Hey, I'm attracted to you and would like to see if there's something there." After adding them to my favorites, I will wait for them to add me to theirs, email me or do nothing. If they visit my profile and then do nothing for (approximately) a month, they are off the favorites list because I assume that they're not interested. If they email me - game on! If they add me to their favorites but don't email me, I will often email them. It gives me some indication that they are not going to read my email and throw it away. Kinda like dipping ones toe in the water, if you will.

Trekker - I'm with you. I always have to laugh when I see someone say "No liars or cheaters" because if they're a liar or a cheater, it's not like they're going to tell you or abide by YOUR profile rules. In the specific example I was talking about, I blocked someone after they displayed psycho behavior during our email exchanges - one email would be telling me how awesome he thought I was and the next would be saying I was "bogus like all the other women on this site" (HUH?!) and the next would be all sweet again. Wh - what?! It was irritating and childish. So after he sent me an email saying he would never contact me again and wished me a "blessed life" I blocked him. I figured since he was never going to contact me again anyway, no harm, no foul, right? Well, obviously he flip flopped yet again but found himself blocked and it angered him. Yet when I read the "account" on his profile (meant for MY eyes, no doubt) he claimed I blocked him because our politics were different and I thought my opinion was the "GOSPEL". Um, yeah, sooo not how I remember that exchange going. Whatever!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 160
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:31:33 AM
There are countless threads on the whole "favorites" topic...and I mention in those...a LOT of times, people mark you as a fave for reasons other than "interest in" as well. Being a hostess, posting a lot in the forums, being someone who just might be a good match for a friend/brother/etc. But yeah...Sue-De...you should just send them a note! LOL POF does not have "winks" cause it's all FREE.

I have always cracked up on the "no cheaters, liars, drama, etc" as well....and have wanted to send off a message saying, "Wow...I thought you were like THE perfect match for me but then I saw that you mention "no cheaters" and am soooo bummed out cause I cheat every day!"

But then again...I guess some are thinking of it as a warning. Like...if you HAVE cheated...and you get to a point of admitting such...they are sooooo unforgiving of such that they are letting you know they will NOT accept such being in your past?
 previouslyme
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/5/2009 8:18:17 AM
I sometimes add a favorite so when I have time I can reveiw the profile. Sometimes I don't get back to it as I thought I would.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/5/2009 8:39:27 AM
But yeah...Sue-De...you should just send them a note! LOL POF does not have "winks" cause it's all FREE.

No, I'm too chicken.. I like to have some indication that they want to hear from me. Besides, it seems to be working for me. After a long hiatus, I'm dating again and have had a great deal of luck with this approach over the past week. I will add them to my favorites (chum the water?) and then wait for them to jump into my boat.
 previouslyme
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/5/2009 11:26:18 AM
I guess it just doesn't bother me. You don't know what is going on in their world. If they took the time to favor you, it is like a double stuffed oreo and a glass of milk to me. Maybe they are shy and hoping you will say hi. Or they pushed the wrong button.
 SusieStL
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:49:30 PM
wait wait wait... do NOT call me negative....call it like it is.. I am a bvtch...and the wrath of Susan is NOT GOOD.

I get these guts feelings when I am around someone that isn't on the up and up... I should have investigate that feeling a little more I guess.

Oh well.. I am still me trekker... I am not negative.. just a little pissedddd ooofffff but I will get over it soon. (like right now) I just say NEXT

Have you ever heard the saying? The best way to get over a man is to get under...... NO I can't say it.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:42:19 AM
Susie, I think a lot of women of a "certain age" are B.I.T.C.H.E.S. but that's okay! Just remember that it's an acronym for Being In Total Control Honey! If a man doesn't see you for the beautiful, successful, vivacious, awesome creature that you are and he treats your poorly or with carelessness, just move on! Life is too short for pettiness and one-ups-manship.

Bay - Yeah, you're pretty much the only one on this site NOT getting it! WTH!? There must be something seriously wrong with you! Schedule a doctor's visit, maybe?

(runs away)

previouslyme
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:35:25 AM
There are at least 2 popular books, same author, that are titled something down the line of why men WANT B.TC.ES.
 SusieStL
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:59:43 AM
my niece told me about that book.. (she is an adult lol) men like bvtches. Hey come on women, this isn't new....so being a bvtch I will continue.

I am just kidding.. I hate playing the games. I am a very responsible mature woman, those games are for kids. jmo

I just don't get it... why do people make relationships so difficult? I sometimes think it is just too easy being on this site to say NEXT. (I know I am guilty of doing so)
 mlt71
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/6/2009 12:11:23 PM
Well Ladies
Some men don't care if a woman is a B.I.T.C.H as long she look like Halle Berry.
Now if you look like Rosanne Bar and you a B.I.T.C.H it don't work
Ugly people can't get away with what cute people do that's the law.

I just don't get it

1 Why do the finest women in the world are always gay?( I never seen a ugly gay woman)

2 Why can't you test out the ass before you marry that person
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/6/2009 1:22:35 PM
I find being nice is not what any man seems to want at all. What do you all think? Do you think they would rather have arm candy that is unkind (to put it nicely) because since they can't "do" anything else anymore, it's the next best thing?

I'm going to take exception to this - it's not that I'm not NICE - I AM! In fact, I will treat "my man" like a king and be the sweetest, nicest person in the world. He will never have any questions in his mind about how I feel about him or whether he's loved and valued. But if he doesn't return my affection, takes me for granted or is cold and callous with my feelings, I will drop him like a bad habit. I won't go ballistic (throwing things or flipping out), I'll just cut him loose. Ergo, when I refer to myself as a B.I.T.C.H. it means that I will tolerate no nonsense from a man who thinks he can play me or treat me carelessly, without consequence. Either he treats me with love, respect and thoughtfulness or (as Beyonce says) I can have another "him" in a minute !

Ouch, if that didn't sound B.I.T.C.H.Y. I don't know what does!

previouslyme
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/6/2009 2:05:43 PM
I don't get how some think you can base a relationship on things such as looks and totally care less about personality.

Hmmm.... I seem to remember Roseanne Barr not having much trouble getting a man. You go for the looks, then when you are getting older and not as attractive you just might end up with someone that has a horrible personality. And good looking people won't want you because you don't look so hot anymore.

You gotta have a balance!
 mlt71
Msg: 171
Posted: 6/6/2009 2:34:51 PM
previouslyme- I understand what you are saying..................but if we lived in a world that was kind and nice things would be different.

Do you know what get you ask to go to prom is your looks not your personality.

We live in a world that people,magazine,T.V,movies and more go by looks. That's the honest turth.

When people look at our profiles they look at our pics first before they even read it.
I know a few women now that will not be your friend unless you good-looking.

I am just telling a true fact on the men I know who really don't care if you have a s.h.i.t. personality. As long you look good (you are all good)

Roseanne Barr not having much trouble getting a man that's true but she had money.

I had women write me telling me that I look good and I be like have you seen what I write in the forums. Ladies I am a ass-hole but they don't care
 previouslyme
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:02:14 PM
Now I get it!
That is why I never got a date in High School?

Divorce rate proves you are right dude! That is why so many people don't want to commit to anyone, something better looking may come along. No registering of an IQ and mean enough to cut you while you are sleepin but hey what a hottie. That's a keeper. Lorraina Bobbit has always got a man, including the one she tried to "disassemble". Gotta keep the gossip shows, magazines & news papers in business.

Have you ever talked to someone that you did not consider attractive but totally enjoyed there company?
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:50:39 PM
Luuuucee, I just "got" your name - as in the Ricky Ricardo pronunciation of it, right? Very clever!

You didn't offend ME, Luuuucee ...I just wanted to qualify that. My point was that when I was a twenty-something, if a man had called me a b*tch, I probably would have cried and "begged" for an explanation. Now it it were to happen, I'd laugh, roll my eyes and ask him it he was just now figuring that out. Again, I'm not a bad person, just one who refuses to be treated badly.

SusieStL
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:41:33 AM
staying on topic....

I just don't get men... I just don't get them.

They love that drama.. I hate drama.. I just want peace and happiness.

I use to not get it when someone loses a mate to death and they never date or have a significant other in their life. (my mom did this) NOW after going thru the madness of being single, (2nd time around and it is not better nor easier this time ) I get it. Happiness is not obtained from another person.. it comes from within.

Can someone tell me why in the h3ll is it so tough to find someone worth keeping?
 whatever0001
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:38:12 AM
"I have been told countless times men want women who are "all-together", independant and trustworthy. Where are these men? "

I couldn't agree more!!! Where are these men???
I too have begun to think that many men actually want the drama.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!