Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 176
The I just don't get it! thread!!Page 8 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)

I don't get why people that have boyfriends / girlfriends still have the need to keep fishing...........I don't want to name, names but come on quit being a carp ( bottom feeders) When, you commit to calling yourselves boyfriend / girlfriend then, it's time to take your pole out of the water........

Well, even though you did not name names I am definitely qualified to reply to/answer this! Of course *I* am not naming names either...I am just hoping to shed some insight.

First of all....who are YOU to decide WHEN it is time for anything that does not even involve YOU personally?

Secondly, if the happy little couple is CLEAR that they are such, and are not seeking anything...then it's the ignorant people who assume they are still "fishing on the side" who are actually the bottom feeders. I mean, I can name countless reasons WHY one would leave a profile up....forums, events, friends, the community involvement, etc....Hell, even the OWNER of the site has an active profile. Why dontcha' shoot HIM an email and let him know what a bottom feeder he is?

Personally, I give KUDOS to those who have the SECURITY to do such. After all, you put yourself in the limelight and under the microscope all in one fell swoop, and everyone is just WAITING AND WATCHING for you to fail or go belly up. (Yeah...the pond is full of negative and green fish, too!)

LASTLY...there IS an option called "NOT SINGLE/NOT LOOKING"...which means the site was INTENDED to accommodate such, as well. In other words...those who HAVE hung up their poles but have had POF be in their lives for...say...5 years...ARE welcome here. Your opinion, love, sucks.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 177
The I just don't get it! thread!!
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:44:39 AM
I just don't get the sort of nasty vindictive people who are soooo green with envy or soooo jealous, that they feel bigger and better about themselves, by starting viscious and nasty rumors about others. (And this is while simultaneously trying to imitate you in every manner possible!)

For the record...and you can spread this like wildflowers....I do not have HERPES or any other sexually transmitted disease. In fact, if you are one of the "lucky" persons to be abused with the gossip of such....The person who told you such about me, is actually the one who HAS herpes!!

Normally I would not stoop to such a level as to publicly spew such filth...but I also refuse to let some miserable, truly psycho, mentally ill cvnt proclaim such about ME. Also, whereas she created this lie from her own mentally ill mind...I can say it as FACT since I know two persons she dated and she informed them of such, prior to the intimacy possibility.
 mlt71
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:07:06 PM
WOW
I don't know whats going on
That proves a point to a website like this
you can't be friends with everybody and date
because people always kiss and tell and put whatever out on the streets
ture or fasle about each other. It sounds like to many people are dating the same people.
Don't let lies and BS and nogood people bring you down

that's why I chose the standing on the outside looking in idea when it comes to website like this can't trust everybody.

So let's put this post back on track

mlt
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:36:25 PM
It IS on track, and as the thread author, completely on topic. :O)

But honestly, I do not think it has ANYTHING at all to do with being ONLINE. I think these algae eating pond scum sorts are allll over and we do not need the internet to hear of their vile games they play.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:19:19 PM
It's all good sue.... i'll be just fine... just as soon as the detective report comes back with your home and work address!!!

Bay, your response is not at all surprising. In fact, I've read many studies that show that when someone's not "getting it" that they become irritable, confrontational and, often times, VIOLENT!

....Sue-De-Nym punches a hole in the wall, shoves a fellow fishie out of her way and then runs away...

SusieStL
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:57:35 PM
I just don't get how someone could become that angry where they would punch a hole in the wall?? *as she runs and hides behind someone from Sue-De*

anger issues.... try anger management classes. *I couldn't help it the made me do it.

MLT I am very impressed with your last post.. very good info and advise. You do have a sensible and soft side there.

I just don't get how someone can be a loner? Oh wait, after being single for a little over and year and experiencing the madness that sometimes come up with all of it.. .hhhmmmm staying single sometimes sounds good.

Friends, that is all I want. Thats right, just friends.

Byte, you need to quit being such a good PI dude.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:57:26 PM
I just don't get how someone can be a loner?

That's an interesting question, Susie. I recently met someone who could probably be described as a loner. My personal observation is that it's because of his inability to relate to others like a mature, rational adult. Let's face it - if you have no relationship with your own CHILDREN (and blame someone else), have no friends to speak of (and blame other people), make up wild ass lies to weasel your way out of situations that you want to avoid (with little concern for others' feelings) and sabotage new friendships with juvenile, unreasonable, egotistical behavior, you're ALWAYS going to be a loner. Until these folks get a clue, they simply go through life burning through one relationship after another and always thinking that THEY'RE the victim, regardless of evidence to the contrary. If we're lucky, though, we spot them early and don't waste a huge amount of time on them.

SusieStL
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:23:58 PM
my oh my Sue-De ... interesting.. very interesting.

Actually I was referring to me.. maybe I should become a loner with all of the drama that comes with being part of the community of a singles web site. It has put some strain on things for me lately but I will get thru it... eventually.

I just don't get people who play the victim role... all the time. It is time for people to grow up, be adults and take ownership of their behavior...me on the other hand.. I am such the

Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/8/2009 5:52:41 AM
RS, no, not referring to you but it looks like I've unwittingly hit a nerve? Yikes - TMI, dude! Maybe we want to start a deep, dark confessions thread for anyone who wants to do a "misdeeds data dump" about themselves in this forum? I'll even add to it - I once stole a PEZ Dispenser from McCrory's 5 & 10. It still haunts me to this day. I know it was wrong but it was all new and shiny and it had a GOOFY head on it! Whew, I feel unburdened now - how refreshingly cathartic!

Bay, aren't those types of discussions usually reserved for email? What are you - an exhibitionist?

previouslyme
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/8/2009 7:24:35 AM
I don't know about how others view "friends". I put that on my profile because that is all I think I want to handle. No expectations beyond conversation and occasionally hanging out in a group setting. The level has so much potential I suppose.

I guess I just don't get the mood it seems a lot of people are in lately, including myself since Friday. Instead of destructive, violent or petty actions I went out and had fun and got a little more exercise, sun and fresh air. I filled my time with doing things that were positive. Except that carton of ice cream with lots of carmel!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/8/2009 8:15:42 AM
I guess after a spree or binge of destruction and petty actions....one needs to take a day off!

whatever0001
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/8/2009 9:01:52 AM
"I guess after a spree or binge of destruction and petty actions....one needs to take a day off!"

OMG!!! I am laughing so hard I about peed myself!!!!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/8/2009 9:06:21 AM
...Sue-De-Nym climbs under her desk and ducks and covers, awaiting the impending firestorm...
 green eyed cougar
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/8/2009 11:00:35 AM
I don't get how I can find myself so amusing but yet, I'm the only one laughing...
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/8/2009 11:20:52 AM
OHMYGAWD, of all people to make that kind of statement. Seriously. Allow me to be the first to say STFU!

This entire thing erupted because ONE PERSON simply cannot accept the fact (almost a YEAR later) that a man wanted another woman more than her and we've ALL been hearing about it nonstop, ad naueum, on and on, ad infinitum ever since. GTFOI already! Recently it's progressed to vicious innuendo and rumor, as stated in this thread. If there's an underlying sickness in this forum most of it can be traced back to ONE PERSON and it's not the person who paid the price here. I am LIVID.

previouslyme
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:37:17 PM
The boys are back!
 mlt71
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/9/2009 5:41:30 AM
I feel like stevie wonder right now
What has happen
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 193
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 6:33:49 AM
To All: I am starting a grass roots campaign to get Kat's account reeinstated - not to pester the site admin but to make our wishes known. Although we don't own the site, we do make up the St. Louis community and our voice is important. We need to let them know how we feel about this situation.

I've already sent a request to the site admin and I am hoping that you will join me in this effort. If you would like information on how to submit your request and to get a copy of what I sent, please click on the email link on my profile and I will get back to you with this information. If enough people appeal to the site owners, perhaps they may reconsider this decision. It certainly is worth the effort.

If it were not for Kat and her tireless efforts to host the events in our area, MANY people would never have met or made connections with the friends they now enjoy from this site. I know I would not have. I, for one, am horribly unhappy about this recent turn of events. If you are, as well, please consider voicing your opinion to those that can correct it. Thanks.
 whatever0001
Msg: 194
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:22:06 AM
What a freakin mess!!!
Hope that the instigators are all happy now...
Good luck finding someone who will put the time, effort and EXPERIENCE into planning events for everyone like Kat did. Most of those who have recently stepped up and hosted, did so with her help and advice.
It's just too bad that a few negative people have chosen to make a choice that will affect the rest of us.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 195
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:43:25 AM
Vix - check your email re: that scenario..
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 196
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:45:05 AM
Brent, no - I have a filter so that Conservative Republicans can't message me..

Will email you shortly..
 06ace06
Msg: 197
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 7:53:48 AM
suedenym, i tried e-mailing you but it said i am in the wrong age range and gender.
on behalf of my mom and i, i wanted to thank you for your efforts with your "grassroots campaign." a really awesome woman once told me, "it is the effort, not the success, that counts." (my mom!) i think that applies to this as well. it may not yield the results that you hope for, but it most certainly speaks volumes as to integrity, loyalty, and compassion. if you email me, i will send you what i personally sent in your efforts.

mom says that maybe it is just time for her to move on from this phase of her life. she admits it will be a difficult one having had this site in her life for so long. she credits the site and people here with a lot. us kids often joked about it with her that it was just a silly website. she saw more and we eventually did as well. i would be a liar if i said i do not brag of her accomplishments here. i cannot tell you how often we would be out shopping or eating and someone who recognized her would approach her. it was embarrassing actually, but eventually i got used to it!

to the supporters: from both mom and i, thank you. she knows who her friends are and that is all that really matters.

to the naysayers and people starting crap: i say you have no clue about the person behind the icon or avatar. none! most see through rose colored glasses but you see through green ones. i have no idea who this channel7 person is but mom clued me in some and all i can say is green green green.

i feel rather blessed. i am getting married and now i will have every bit of attention with no competition for her time, from the absolute best event planner in missouri! (not that she would not have made me feel any differently anyway!)

with that being said i bid you adieu and will be closing my account soon as well. in all honesty, it's just not plentyoffish without my mom. if that sounds juvenile i then use another quote from my mom. "eat the peanuts from my sh1t!"
 06ace06
Msg: 198
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:34:20 AM
its called a reply to a post. she posted. i replied. it IS allowed to reply to a persons post.

childish? i am 21. how old are YOU?

i find it ironic how many condone the behaviors of others but turn around and commit the very same behaviors.

you may think your own friends are so easily replaceable but where i am from we value ours.

fruit does not fall far from the tree? nope! and extremely proud of such! can your offspring say the same?
 whatever0001
Msg: 199
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:37:19 AM
Talk about negative and childish, Ms Sweet? and successful... You only seem to pop up here when somehing bad is brewing to give your sage words of wisdom. Try commenting on a topic you actually know something about.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 200
Grass Roots Campaign
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:46:44 AM
Oh goodie - here come the Bullies to chime in with their nonsense.

Sweet and Succesful, I have watched you do little else in these forums, from day one, other than follow Kat around making snarky comments at every opportunity, and always without provocation. Well that and practically wet yourself to try to get Trekker's attention (as if). It's no "secret" that you and Chanel are friends but why you feel the need to jump into this thread, NOW, with even more of your nasty bile is beyond me. One would THINK that you would have the good sense to keep your mouth shut on this one but that doesn't seem to be the case. But you know the saying - fools rush in where angels fear to tread. I can only say that I am GLAD that I don't know you or the others on this site of your ilk.

The plain truth is that if you were so "sweet and successful", you'd have better things to do besides stalking people online and spewing your negative nonsense. You're a trainwreck, sweetheart. One only needs to look at your history to see the kind of stuff that you post - almost ALL of it is negative AND directed at KAT. Good luck finding a man who wants to listen to THAT for the rest of his life. The truth is that YOU could disappear from this site tomorrow and no one would even notice. Isn't that what's really bothering you, sugar pop? (knowing look)

I will not dignify any more of your childish posts with a reply. You are so not worth it.

Thanks to all who are joining me in my efforts. I have received email from LOTS of people who love and respect Kat. Ashley, your mom is lucky to have such an awesome kid (sorry but you're but a wee lass..). GOOD LUCK with your upcoming marriage. So excited for you!

Chanel - good riddance, dahling...

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The "I just don't get it!" thread!!