Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heterotic
Msg: 941
Unplanned Pregnancy Doesn'Have to Lead to Birth or ParenthoodPage 9 of 49    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Change the word religion to morality and allow people the right to feel how they feel about abortion....people's morality and feelings should never be the subject of a debate on such a sensitive issue. This thread is offensive to many people.......

Why?

If someone one is going to pull the Religion card for any issue, they should have a good reason to.

I certainly have not gotten into my beliefs or said that following a Religion was wrong. I wouldn't do that.

I've studied many Religions though, because I find them to be quite fascinating, and to be honest get pretty annoyed when people don't even know what the bible says.

If you don't want to get into a Religious debate, don't bring up Religion. Especially when you are only being a hypocrite. Saying I won't get an abortion because it's against my Religion is ridiculous, because few religions are black and white on the issue. Sure, my priests/pastors have said that the Bible's verses mean to only allow it if the situation would be MEDICALLY worse. However, nowhere in the Bible is this stated. However, it does say this:

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 (King James Version)
3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

If you want to have this debate, you have to bring up morality, not make Religion a question of morality. Again, I showed you several verses above where God ordered massacres, including the pregnant women.

If you truly believe that the Bible is the word of God, and you believe it, there is only one verse you should bring to your argument, and it is for yourself, not for the world:

Romans 14:23 (New Living Translation)
23 But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning.

Believe whatever you believe, and stand by it. If you believe it to be wrong, don't do it. Just don't use Religion as some sort of a magic cloak to shield you from judgment.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 950
Unplanned Pregnancy Doesn'Have to Lead to Birth or Parenthood
Posted: 6/19/2009 2:06:33 PM
Any woman who dates me has to accept me and my poptarts as a package deal.

It's against my religion to throw poptarts out.

I had no choice. soon as I got that box of poptarts home, I knew that it was special.

My change donor left me for buying the poptarts... but I'm better off without her.

My poptarts are all I need and if some WOMAN wants to come in my life, she can accept my poptarts or she can leave.

::hair flip::
 heterotic
Msg: 954
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:39:47 PM

np im a web designer to me its simple HTML ...lol

Web Designers are not Front-End Developers.

Nor is the quote div's code for this forum's textarea HTML.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 960
Posted: 6/20/2009 2:07:16 AM
The forum ninja may return one day....

I was told he is on a sacred quest for toaster strudles or something.

::confused::
 heterotic
Msg: 964
Posted: 6/20/2009 1:00:12 PM

Poptarts are great, I agreee... but to a point, I think soldier was kinda trying to change the subject a bit...

Actually, it's a joke that I made, probably in another thread.
 heterotic
Msg: 965
Posted: 6/20/2009 1:01:16 PM

I was told he is on a sacred quest for toaster strudels or something.

I knew it. You love me. You will trade Poptarts for Toaster Strudels just for me.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 967
Posted: 6/20/2009 2:05:00 PM

I knew it. You love me. You will trade Poptarts for Toaster Strudels just for me.

Whoah there! Don't confuse me with the forum ninja. I don't know what's up with that guy.

I already said we could talk if you ditched the kid. Can't you give them away at Goodwill or something? Hmmm ... not sure.

I think Forum Ninja has this half****d idea to woo you with gifts and make you his own personal Geisha. Apparently Forum Ninja has no problem with single mothers...

But the dude's a weirdo. He wears all black, carries a sword everywhere, speaks in riddles, and the sonofa**** eats all my Chex mix whenever he comes over.

-sigh-
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 968
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 3:13:43 PM
pbtipton83 wrote:

Notelvis, the first time I got prego, I was on birth control for awhile... so, yea mistake to trust only that, and I have owned up to it... 2nd time the condom broke... so b4 anybody ASSUMES that protection wasn't used, know for sure beforehand b4 you give the the whole contraceptive speech...

Well, fortunately, that wasn't my question/statement. You had said that "We choose to keep them because "we" decided to take responsability for our actions." so my question was asking what exactly is it that you were taking responsibility for? Clearly the last 3 options aren't applicable because you weren't having unprotected sex.

So, are you saying, essentially, that keeping the children that are conceived is taking responsibility specifically for having sex?

That's what I was trying to get clarification on.

babydoll127 wrote:
Well again I would have to disagree with you in regards to the struggle for life. In the U.S. elective abortions are allowed up until the 24-26 wk. We've had 21-22wk babies survive outside of the womb so yes, in these cases there is most certainly a struggle for life.

Where did you get the 24-26 week number? Can you post a link? Is that general pregnancy weeks, gestational, or fetal age? 21-week and 5-days is the record (gestational age), and the odds are astronomically small, which makes the "struggle for life" grasping at straws at best - if it wasn't for the fact that that passage from the Bible is referring to combat.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 971
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:54:15 PM
I guess I just find the concept weird - I don't know . . "Carrying a pregnancy to term and raising a child is my way of taking responsibility for having sex."

Makes it sound like having sex is a crime, and going through pregnancy, labor, raising a child, etc., is some sort of penance.

I mean, just think about the phrase "taking responsibility for"... I don't know - either I'm weird, or there's just some huge cultural preconception that I have some big mental-disconnect with (Yes, I was born and raised in this culture, and yes, I find a LOT of cultural preconceptions strange)
 heterotic
Msg: 975
Posted: 6/20/2009 11:19:55 PM

If someone WANTED a baby to begin with, then in all honesty and reality, IT WAS NO ACCIDENT. It was intentional then, so therefore that person cannot blame it to be an accident.

If only the women in these situations would be honest about it.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 977
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:59:23 PM
As of Friday late morning, I can officially quote 8soldierfalcon8 and say . . .

Yay for vasectomy!

Uh, well, at least, I'm QUALIFIED to say yay and do the vasectomy dance. I am most certainly NOT going to be doing any dancing (or running, jumping, etc) for the next few days.

But, once again....

Yay for vasectomy!

The procedure I got, for those interested, is a no-scalpel technique, and they also don't bother with the titanium clamps - instead, both severed ends of each vas are cauterized.

Still, have to give them samples again at 8 weeks and at 10 weeks to be sure - until then, I am to assume I'm carrying live ammo!
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 982
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2009 11:24:04 AM
Hrm, I didn't know that it was possible for the father to object to adoption if the intent is to allow and at/near birth adoption.

On the other hand, true, we don't know the full situation - did he want to be a father? Is he fully willing to support the child both financially and as a parent? etc etc
 heterotic
Msg: 983
Posted: 6/23/2009 11:27:54 AM
I thought only a woman's husband had a legal say in an unborn baby's future? Maybe she just means she is respecting his wishes?

My doctor's said that until my daughter's name was on the birth certificate, he wasn't her legal guardian.
 heterotic
Msg: 987
Posted: 6/23/2009 1:43:42 PM

so bosox, you are responsible for the soldier having a poptart? Thanks cause his material is funny as hell!

Yea, lol, I wanted some comic relief in the thread so I said to someone that said they loved poptarts, "I won't date someone who eats Poptarts. I just flat out won't."

No problem!
 heterotic
Msg: 990
Posted: 6/26/2009 8:28:19 AM

Nope he has to sign the papers if he is known.

Can a man force a woman into a paternity test in this situation?
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 992
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2009 1:33:17 PM
I'd been under the impression that the parents have to split the cost - or that it's the man's responsibility if he turns out to be the father, and the woman's if it turns out he isn't.

Meh, it's probably one of those things that varies by province/state/municipaility/whether-the-street-name-you-live-on-begins-with-a-vowel, or whatever
 heterotic
Msg: 994
Posted: 6/26/2009 2:44:24 PM
That is really sad.

And as for paternity tests and who pays, it depends on who requests it, and the circumstances of the result.

I wasn't asking that. I was asking if a man can force a woman into a paternity test if she says the father is unknown so she can have 100% of the rights.
 astock
Msg: 998
Posted: 6/28/2009 12:06:38 PM
for the love of god.... if you have sex and get pregnant it is my belief that you under no circumstances should about a perfectly good baby. it's just evil and immature. you don't want to have kids simple solution. DON"T HAVE SEX. it's pure plain and simple. if you chose to have sex you run the risk of having "poptarts" if you don't like that then dunno what to tell you. i personally will never so much as glance at a girl that had an abortion. which is why i prefer single moms. they took the chance and had their kids, and actually decided to keep them, that shows at least a little bit of maturity wether they are on welfare or disability is not of any concern that fact remains that they are adult enough to take care of what they have done and to me that makes them completely worthy of my time
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 3:46:45 PM
astock wrote:

for the love of god.... if you have sex and get pregnant it is my belief that you under no circumstances should about a perfectly good baby. it's just evil and immature. you don't want to have kids simple solution. DON"T HAVE SEX. it's pure plain and simple. if you chose to have sex you run the risk of having "poptarts" if you don't like that then dunno what to tell you. i personally will never so much as glance at a girl that had an abortion. which is why i prefer single moms. they took the chance and had their kids, and actually decided to keep them, that shows at least a little bit of maturity wether they are on welfare or disability is not of any concern that fact remains that they are adult enough to take care of what they have done and to me that makes them completely worthy of my time

Are you serious?

1) How do you know it's a "perfectly good baby" in the first trimester? Or should women be forced to assume that's the case?

2) Why is it evil to have an abortion?

3) How do you know ahead of time if a woman has had an abortion in the past?

4) Why is having an abortion "immature"? Isn't it possible that a blind insistence on having children REGARDLESS OF ALL CIRCUMSTANCES is actually the "immature" behavior? What makes having a child versus aborting an "adult enough" behavior? (whether or not they're on welfare or disability is not a concern??! Sheesh...)
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 1007
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 4:21:17 PM
Everything I'd read said that the link between abortion and breast cancer was entirely fictitious. What study are you referring to? Have a link handy?
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 1010
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 5:19:07 PM
The first link I couldn't really do much with because when I entered the site, I got a lot of text overlapping itself.

Second one uses outdated studies, some of which, if looked up elsewhere, have already been proven inconclusive or flawed.

Third one says that there were initially some inconclusive studies, and that they've since proven no correlation.

Fourth one is a little difficult, but seems to be quoting older studies - it also appears to have a very weird explanation of how breasts prepare for milk production.

The fifth one states that "Even though 27 out of 35 studies published since 1957 have linked abortion with breast cancer,..."

1957?? They don't distinguish between good ones and bad ones . . . . and it's been shown that a number of the previous studies had flaws - heck, I just found that out with Wikipedia (which references a few of the studies mentioned - Wikipedia then links to the citations, which I am not going to copy-paste here - but the article itself is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion-breast_cancer_hypothesis ).

Uh, that 5th one, also, I imagine, is a website with a conservative axe to grind, given that they seem, at least today, to be obsessed with disqualifying Obama from the presidency, among other things - no offense, but it seems like a very hard core conservative "wing nut" level site.
 astock
Msg: 1012
Posted: 6/28/2009 6:01:33 PM

Are you serious?

1) How do you know it's a "perfectly good baby" in the first trimester? Or should women be forced to assume that's the case?

2) Why is it evil to have an abortion?

3) How do you know ahead of time if a woman has had an abortion in the past?

4) Why is having an abortion "immature"? Isn't it possible that a blind insistence on having children REGARDLESS OF ALL CIRCUMSTANCES is actually the "immature" behavior? What makes having a child versus aborting an "adult enough" behavior? (whether or not they're on welfare or disability is not a concern??! Sheesh...)

yes i am quite serious, and i follow my beliefs, i do not sway killing children is wrong killin unborn children is wrong, i do not much care for your opinion seeing how it is merely your opinion and you may have others that see it your way as do i. the point is that situation doesn't matter, either your gonna step up and take responsibility or take the chicken shiz way out. when i had my kids i had no job, wasn't in college, was just living off my parents but you know what my kids probably have a better life than most. it's not about how much income you have or the living situation you have established. it's about stepping up and being a responsible adult, a stage which i think you may have missed in your evolution to adult hood. as for what you asked me in my other post future, you should go and take a look at my responce. it's probably not to your liking but hey i'm not here to impress or to make friends. i'm just here cause i'm bored while my kids are with my mom. and as far as i'm concerned if anyone i have ever slept with had gotten preg and would ever even attempt an abortion. i'ld see their behind in court. i'ld sue the absolute piss out of them and you can quote me on that.
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 1016
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:15:04 PM
astock - you completely ignored my questions. You also defeat your own argument - you were just living off your parents, so clearly, your parents had to take some responsibility for your kids.

Why are your kids with your mom? What if your parents weren't there? How is this you being a responsible adult when there's someone there to share in the burden of what is YOUR responsibility?

It must be nice for your parents to be there to bail you out of what you say is YOUR responsibility, and NOT theirs.

Now, what do you mean by this:

i do not sway killing children is wrong killin unborn children is wrong

So, once they're born, it's ok to kill them? What??!?!
 NotElvisJunior
Msg: 1019
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2009 8:59:30 PM
Well, if you've read through this thread in its entirely, you'd see that these topics were already touched on.

The images of the aftermath of an abortion? Faked using miscarriages and stillbirths by the anti-abortion brigade.

Post abortion trauma can occur - but it occurs in such small numbers that they disqualified the concept of Post-Abortion-Trauma being a regular condition.

If anyone had such disregard for me - well, I would neither know nor care, nor would I, prior to 22 weeks of fetal development, been able to feel pain. Ergo, the "unborn child" does not suffer. At all.
 heterotic
Msg: 1025
Posted: 6/29/2009 7:33:55 AM

i cant speak for all women, but i met more than one that lives in regret about the decision to go through with it. abortion is a permanent decision.

I know women who live in silent regret about keeping their child. Having a child is a permanent decision. And unlike abortion, greatly affects the lives of many.

Having an abortion is not a decision that every woman is capable of following through with. I wish everyone would stop going on about why it's wrong. 90% of you haven't a clue what you are talking about, and are just listening to whatever you're being fed as the truth.

Nobody cares what you think about abortion or adoption.

The point of this thread is that single mothers that have never been married or victims of an unfortunate circumstance such as death or other tragedy need to stop acting like they were forced into the situation they are in. The number of women who got pregnant on purpose and lie about it is much higher than the number who actually got pregnant on some sort of preventative. Even then, it is still a choice.

It is a choice to be against abortion and/or adoption. 99% of the time it was a choice to get pregnant in the first place. Even my OBGYN said that the number of pregnant women she has seen that were confirmed to be using some sort of contraception is so low that she could count the number on one hand. She told me that she has had many of her patients claim that they got a birth control prescription somewhere other than her office where it would be cheaper, but she says that it is highly unlikely that they were being honest. She also said that she has seen some tell her they stopped taking the pill until the biodad was in the office and change their story.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >