Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I Want Someone Like ME- is it too much to ask?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 packagedealx3
Msg: 26
view profile
History
I Want Someone Like ME- is it too much to ask?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Also look to the right of the box when you post, an example is there for you to see.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 27
I Want Someone Like ME- is it too much to ask?
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:59:49 PM
You get more photos by paying to be a "serious" member as opposed to the rest of us schlepps who want our money for nothing the chicks for free.

(sorry old MTV reference)

((double sorry MTV was a cable channel in the 80's the used to play music 24/7 by the top 40 American rock groups and had videos too on television))

(((television was this big box thing that sat in the living room)))

(((( living rooms were rooms within one's home, usually on the main floor, where the family would gather together to watch t.v. and share quality time laughing and communicating with their beloveds))))

((((( familys? were a place called home, where there was a mom and a dad and they were married, made love with each other (yes, ONLY each other) they made babies, Dad worked, Mom cooked, there were kids and maybe a pet - like a cat or a dog, maybe some grandparents would come and visit on holidays)))))

that was all apparently too much to ask.

Now, just look for a clone of yourself and try to live happily.
 cabrandon
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:04:08 PM
good advice. appreciate it.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:05:44 PM
Four pages and that is the sum total of your response?
 dd3va
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:02:53 PM
Cabrandon, you have every right to want what you want and settle for nothing less. However, you have set the bar pretty high, almost to the point of wanting nothing less than perfection. That is very hard to live up to. I am not saying she doesn't exist, she more than likely does, but can you live up to her standard of perfection? You never know, you might stumble onto someone that meets none of your criteria and discover true bliss. Best of luck to you.

Diana
 WanderingRain
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:14:15 PM
Oh I found her, alright... She's just not in my immediate area.
Your ideal girl may not live in your area, too.

Still...
Would you be willing to date someone without a Master's degree but with an equivalent?
What if she's only a high school graduate but is a top dog groomer?
How about an expert level cow herder?

Suppose you did get her with those qualities and she suffers an auto accident?
What then? What if she could not exercise anymore?
What if her mental faculties are altered?

What you seek, you may find, but always remember that people... change. Whether by themselves or as a result of accidents of fate.

Just be aware that people make lists all the time, but a LOT of them fail to honor one of the most important of lists:

1) love and cherish
2) honor and protect
3) in sickness and health
4) for richer or poorer
5) for better or for worse
6) till death do you part

Boots168
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:46:26 PM
OP don't let other people to discourage you. I think whether you could get to meet that someone who checks every single box (and more) or not (even if she doesn't see the same in you), you are still entitled to have your own 'specification' when it comes to finding a lifetime partner who is compatiable with you.

Truth is, a good number of my friends will meet all (and more!) your criteria and here in Hong Kong, and if relocation is an option for you, I can help to hook you guys up.
 cw35
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:20:39 AM
ombrerose: I agree with you totally. Different things are attractive to different people and I would only place metal in the average range (in a cutesy way) (sorry Metal. Just an observation). Add being really self centred to that and it's not a really attractive package.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:49:04 AM

sounds to me you are pretty conceited.... it is difficult for one to judge oneself as to beauty, and smarts. We all have lots to learn and we should never stop learning. Besides outer beauty fades and it fades even faster if you do not have a beautiful mind to go with. sorry that is how I see people who say "hey look at me ... I am all you ever need and I am sooooo beautiful."

Sometimes we are too obtuse to see actual humor also. Metal does fit the criteria and the comment about being above average, while she may believe it to a degree, was primarily tongue in cheek. It is valuable occasionally to read someone's posting history because her point was that it is not really that hard to find someone with the six qualifiers but that doesn't mean that you have found a prize.

The OP is I think expanding his mind though because he is thinking about whether his ideal woman might be outside the original age parameters he has in mind.
 Vannili
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:01:30 AM
want somebody like you ? start dating yourself and see what makes you happy, then compare it what you want in a mate

I tried dating myself and I am bored to death.
 steve217
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:40:40 AM
It's great to have things you want out of a person.
Just don't be TOO picky. Sometimes a little difference
in personality and life experience can be a positive thing.
 cw35
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:31:48 AM
ismene2: I wasn't trying to insult anyone if you read my post without the attitude. I was merely saying that what one person would find attractive is not what someone else would find attractive. Not sure why you feel the need to get some sort of female shot in because I DARED to say she was average but cute. What a horrible cad I am to not think she's a goddess. It's kind of dumb to try and compare my looks with hers anyway since we are different sexes and age really doesn't have a lot to do with looks . I am glad you find me so unattractive though since it would make my skin crawl if someone with your disposition did want me.
 cw35
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:37:25 AM
Figures. I didn't think you'd be a big enough person to admit your mistake.
 cw35
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 12:02:10 PM
I "put somebody down" by saying they were "average and cute looking" instead of incredibly gorgeous?! Are you just looking for a fight? I think somebody had their cereal pi*sed in this morning. I obviously didn't pick up on her humor and was mistaken. Wow. I should be shot. It's funny that your stubborness won't allow you to admit that you exaggerated and misread what I wrote.
 injeanious
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/14/2009 1:00:40 PM
its a shame you live all the way on the other side of the country. I have a friend you sound like you'd be perfect for. She was just saying last night that she has given up on finding someone who has never been married. She is pretty, cute figure, cultured, smart, has a good job, never married and no kids.
 sweetest
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:59:14 AM

I've got friends like yu in their 30's- 40's no kids - running on empty trying to scale some mythical bar set by the status quo -

who believes in the artificially priviledged alpha male anymore he's a phony who lied lied lied bout values n such

These are only SIX qualities. (those aren't qualities - trust me)
(status, education, quality of life, similiar type of profession, physical condition, that's all superficial latte they change as you change

you think because you did what yo mama told u an became a good lil status junkie
u should be rewarded with a ' ultimate baby-maker alpha male o the year award
wrong -

is this a legacy issue? your mba and yr profession not keeping your cojones warm - shoulda got a life - taken gladly any woman who'd have you join her in her gene pool and stopped looking for a stepford wife
trophies belong on shelf -dude

grow the hell up - ditch your presentation kit

^^^While mrmajestik's viewpoint is his own and it may seem harsh....He, imo, brings some real interesting contrasts and realities to the forefront. Finding 'good people' is not that difficult; what will be difficult is finding people that line up well enough so that you can check the box on 'this' or 'that'. While some of 'this' or 'that' matters; not all of it does. Attractive people who are interesting, full of life, and passion, are even more likely to reject these fixed parameters and boundaries, because they have been desirable by others and they have lived .... Holding fast and firm to an ideal can only take you so far, therefore use it as a guide only and not your modus operandi...and blinders, while good at keeping directional focus, they don't help you peripherally to really 'see' what could lie just beyond. A great post actually.

jmo
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:10:39 AM
mrmajestik is my new hero.

Well said and holy snappin turtles.... on the mark.

I almost want to weep with joy at that post.

I must infuse though...
Not entirely fair to trash the OP for his wants (paper or plastic....)
We can all get blinded, and we all can become products of our enviroments.
I only recently woke up to some major shite I have to deal with to become wholly healthy. That said... to the OP. There is hope AND if you are convinced that the things you have listed will bring you the best mate material, then fill your "gucci's" man.
 beachdancer
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:53:39 PM
Aw now yall, don't be so hard on the OP.!!!! Mrmajestik, you have me laughing!!! He wants what he wants, give me a graduate of the school of hard knocks, someone with humility and a heart, any day, but the OP will find someone like him, you can be sure. I see these couples all the time. Just wait till he does have children and they rebel against his rigidness!! They will get him, trust me!! Remember, variety is the spice of life and while he may feel he is better than the rest of us, deep down inside we really feel we just might be better than him.
 redkatt
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:33:41 AM
OP I feel the same way and understand exactly where you are coming from.

I myself wish to find someone that has a lifestyle similar to my own and no I do not think it too much to ask.

A very wise person once told me "You want someone who brings to the table what you bring to the table".

Not too long ago I was having a discussion with a someone I know regarding finding love. This person is female, she is a about 5 years older than me and has been married for almost 20 years now and she surprised me by telling me that I won't find someone who is like me and basically said I should take what's out there or I will never get married. Needless to say I was very surprised by her comments, but after thinking about what she said I began to fell very sorry for her. She settled, settled for a man who doesn't appear to be in love or value her. It's very sad to see.

Why should I settle.... Just because I remain single .......I think not.
 cabrandon
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/20/2009 9:50:28 PM
many thanks to all who responded.
i, however, still am looking for someone like me.
brndn
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/21/2009 2:46:44 AM
OP I don't think it is too much to ask, and I do think you can find what your looking for, but most likely not here. It would seem the best way to meet such a woman would be to go where people of your profession go.

I am not offended by anything you said as you are just the type of man I am trying to avoid.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/21/2009 3:06:34 AM
I think that almost all the women who got offended at the OP's post are women who don't match his 6 criteria.

The women who did match it understood because they're looking for something similar and are equally frustrated.

This made me giggle.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/21/2009 5:37:23 AM

Having this perfect woman in mind Op, means you are limiting yourself to a single idea/vision of womanhood.Keep an open mind and go with the flow.

Decide what are complete deal breakers and negotiate the rest.This is what you think you want from past experience and maybe unrealistic expectations.You will never find a perfect person and you yourself are not perfect.
You might be surprised who you fall for in the end.Best of luck finding Miss right.

He never said he wanted a perfect girl. He wanted a girl who has made the same intelligent choices in life that he has.

Numerous girls have posted saying they met this criteria so they obviously exist. My standards are not all that dissimilar from the OP's.

What I said before about the only people getting offended by all this being people who don't meet these standards still stands.
 cabrandon
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/21/2009 10:09:35 AM
Ever since I posted this thread, so many people emailed me saying they are looking for the same or similar. They just did not say here in public- it is because, i think, saying that does not soud good or right although deep down, many (but not all) people have criterias in their preferences.
I said it for others; and it felt good to take that off my chest- in fact, it was soothing and even "healing" of my frustration and .... pain.
brndn
 stunt groom
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/21/2009 2:31:46 PM
Yes...it is too much to ask..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I Want Someone Like ME- is it too much to ask?