Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 141
view profile
History
40% Babies Born to Single Women 2007/ Why is This Happening?Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
You're such an azz, asthma! So, let's see, you're saying that people who frequently dine at McD's should be prevented from having children, on that basis?, and you think that that might be enacted into law, stated thusly? And I'M thick?

In my heart of hearts, I would love to see the day when one would have to be licensed to have kids, but, let's face it, it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

In any case, if what you're saying is that people who have less money tend to have kids before marriage, and are less adept at parenting, then please, be big enough to say so, in plain English, so those of us who are "thick" can understand.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 142
40% Babies Born to Single Women 2007/ Why is This Happening?
Posted: 6/2/2010 8:58:32 AM
Wow you are such a literal thinker. Did you just totally not grasp the intent of the article? A doctor who has seen the truly dark side of parents makes the idea of secret birth control measures because of the horrors they have witnessed and that was all you pulled from it.
Yes you are thick.

Have you totally chosen to ignore the fact that as a woman that she or they must grasp that no matter how many times you fault a man for not using protection HE CANNOT EVER GET PREGNANT!
So, taken that into consideration if you choose to ignore the fact that overall women who choose to keep children will in most cases face unnecessary financial hardship.
You the one who selfishly stated your lack of compassion and greed by not wishing to fund a mandatory dna test so that fathers can have full assurances that the children they support are theirs is going to flat out deny that your precious tax dollars are not being spent on supporting these kids born out of wedlock?
Yes you are thick.

You don't think many of your tax dollars are being wasted on females who choose to live this way. You aren't paying for child protection services that aren't doing their job?
Wake up hypocrite.

Like the song says it seems that only the stupid are breeding these days and you are definitely paying for it whaether you would like to admit it or not.

Yes you are thick.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2010 7:20:57 PM
Gee, thick as I may be, it is awfully telling that you read the article as aimed only at women. Regardless of the fact that only women can get pregnant, every tax dollar spent on a child is spent on a child born of TWO people, one male, one female (basic bio, don't cha know?). More often than not, it is the father who skips out. In any case, that has little to do with either my point, or the fact that, simply because I am forced to pay for things I might not choose to pay for, that doesn't mean that I will advocate paying for everything else. My gripe is paying for INEFFECTIVE, INEFFICIENT services, of any kind; get it? Have you looked at the results of child protective services?

Once again, you're an azz!
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/3/2010 5:48:49 AM
Actually you did miss the part where a majority of the abuse to those children are probably at the hands of men. A single mother who dates does run the risk of meeting men who will put more stock in getting laid then the well being of the child. Far too often she sacrifices the safety of the child for "so called love" from a man.
How you saw the article as being aimed at women speaks more about you than me.

Have you been keeping up with what's happening outside of your bubble ohwhybother? Obviously you're not paying enough taxes and yes I see the results of child services - their failing miserably and are about to have their budgets cut. Are you going to cough up more?

Thanks for the biology lesson but if a man can bugger off who is holding the child?
Who ends up in poverty?
Men are getting a little tired of the my body my choice thing.
Own it.
If you can have a child without a man's money it is a choice, own it.
A woman has more at stake and if she can't convince a man to wear a condom or get an iud all just to keep a man by not denying him sex then really who is to blame here?

We are in the middle of a gender war, money is what makes the world go round not love. Most men who get dragged into fatherhood are going to be reluctant to give more than they should especially when he is competing for jobs with women.

I may be ( just to you by the way ) an ass but I see a bigger picture outside of your myopic scope of things.

Yes you are thick, and good on you for owning that.
 4ms4me
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 7:11:59 AM

A woman has more at stake and if she can't convince a man to wear a condom or get an iud all just to keep a man by not denying him sex then really who is to blame here?

Apparently, the laws are starting to "level the playing field" when it comes to who has more at stake. Eventually, men who do not want children will wake up and realize that it's up to him to wear condom every single time even if she swears on a stack of bibles that she's 'safe'; to save sperm and have a vasectomy, or to simply deny the woman sex. There are conniving women out there and if you are stupid enough to get taken in by one of them, don't come crying to the rest of us.

We are in the middle of a gender war, money is what makes the world go round not love. Most men who get dragged into fatherhood are going to be reluctant to give more than they should especially when he is competing for jobs with women.

Again, men should take responsibility for their own birth control if they don't want to "get dragged into fatherhood" whilst simultaneously having to compete with those pesky women for jobs.

I may be ( just to you by the way ) an ass but I see a bigger picture outside of your myopic scope of things.

The more of the above kind of crapola I read on forums, the more I'm starting to wonder if a friend of mine was right when he said "Men are on the way out. They aren't able to adjust to a society in which empathy and compassion are needed rather than aggression and fighting, in which people work together co-operatively instead of competitively. Women are the stronger gender emotionally, mentally and physically and that, in the end, will make them the victors in the "gender wars".
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/3/2010 12:00:34 PM
Perhaps we may have to result to brute force again. For you to even ponder that statement shows how little you appreciate the freedom we men have given you women.
Might be a rash statement but what would do? Say you can't do that because I am a woman? What would that mean exactly, that you are in fact the weaker sex?
That if push came to shove we could just as easily remove those freedoms.
Not a world where I would want to live in but the more that you push this feminist agenda of I can do anything I want to and expect no backlash is foolish at best.

Men are on the way out, who are you kidding? Funny I keep seeing so many profiles here looking for real men but I don't think they really know exactly what that is.
You would have us become eunichs?

Don't get me wrong I have a great deal of respect for women in general but if you're going to call a man out like a man be prepared to have to deal with the repercussions.
A real man doesn't take shit from someone who can't back it up.
Trust me if our world fell into chaos you'd be a little more respectful, we've come a long way in our civilzation don't blow it by saying stupid shit like we are on the way out.
You might be very surprised at what could happen.

You might be right about men wishing to protect them selves against getting women pregnant but you would have to wonder when prolifers push to add a second charge for murder when a pregnant woman gets pregnant.
Seems like they have little respect for those women who choose to control their own fertility and not be victim to it.
I wonder do you even explore new ideas when it comes to topics like this?

And I question you as a woman that you are going to boldly state that you never, ever heard any woman admit to any one of the following statements.

I stopped taking bc so I could get pregnant.
I thought having his child would make him stay.
I have been pushing (insert any man name here ) to have a child with me.

If you do I would call you a liar.

Now who's posting crapola? Take that to your little coffe clutch and shove it.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 10:54:28 PM

Actually you did miss the part where a majority of the abuse to those children are probably at the hands of men. A single mother who dates does run the risk of meeting men who will put more stock in getting laid then the well being of the child. Far too often she sacrifices the safety of the child for "so called love" from a man.

A single PARENT who puts more stock in getting laid than in the well being of their children runs the risk of having their children harmed, period.

If you can have a child without a man's money it is a choice, own it.

If you can be held responsible for a child you never wanted, whether you are male or female, it is YOUR responsibility to prevent it.

It's all about perspective, oh thick one.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/4/2010 4:50:52 AM
^^^^Ughhh....I think that most women who find themselves as "sole" single parents already do "own it"...with the meager subsidy that tax dollars provide them because of attitudes that resemble yours..just sayin..

Do they really liz?

^^^There is so much wrong with that above comment....I am just going to assume that you have got some serious issues with women in general....BTW......following your logic, I think we should blame the sperm!!!...and then the child!

Stupid weak women, if you want proof of a vascectomy ask for it. Men can't get pregnant.
 grizzelda
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 5:39:04 AM
Stupid weak women, if you want proof of a vascectomy ask for it. Men can't get pregnant.

Stupid weak man, if you want to make sure you dont end up fathering a child, wrap it up or dont have sex, the law makes sure that you are responsible for your little "mistakes" now, perhaps you should realize that it isnt 1888 and you dont get to play and run anymore. Sad isnt it that men are being held responsible for their part of creating a pregnancy.

Perhaps that explains your anger and your attitude that men should rise up in violence against women and take "back" their rights. very interesting insight into your character there. I guess that some men just dont like not having carte blanche rights and this is what we end up with....

VVVVVVVVVVVV HAHAHAHAH! OOOH scary, another threat, is that all you got? Sad, yet oddly amusing....Who is this we you are talking about? All the other angry men who havent figured out that they cant run away from their sexual "mistakes" anymore? You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better and makes you feel like you still have all the control, that genie aint never going back in that bottle and it is about time some people realized it and adjusted their behavior then it will never be an issue for them, much like if you never stick your finger in a light socket, you dont have to worry about getting electrocuted that way. Pretty simple really.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 151
Posted: 6/4/2010 5:49:10 AM
Maybe we should reopen the abortion debate. I mean if you really want a level playing field, be careful what you ask for.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 152
Posted: 6/4/2010 7:39:34 AM
If you can't handle what 50 million women have done already, that is have an abortion then I'd say is that all you got?
This site and so many others are filled with single and divorced moms who had their expectations of sunshine and loolipops blown by having unrealistic expectations.
Sad that they would think that living in poverty is nobler than realizing that getting pregnant may have not been the best decision they could have made in life because no matter how much you try to shift onto men with the weak argument of it takes two we are a long way from fixing the problem with bandaid solutions.

The pill has been around for fifty years for gods sake, if used right the chances of getting pregnant is pretty slim unless you want to. Maybe it is subconsciously happening but that is lame too.
The simple fact that a man has but one option while still keeping the option open to bearing while women have so many doesn't bode well for your side of the argument at all.

The laws you speak so eloquently are not providing children with good parents.
If you see them as a good thing it speaks volumes about how feel about children in general that it just the easy money you're after and not solid well rounded kids raised by a man and a woman.

You can deny it all you want but when a child is deprived of one parent or the other they will seek out the missing piece. Usually cling to the first adult that shows them interest.
This serial dating of single moms will never teach them about what it takes to be in a real relationship, the compromises and sacrifices to make it work.

You can't force responsibility, and as the next generation of kids comes of age do you really think the government is really going to care?

You explore your so called new freedom and when you come to realize that we men have not had it all that great. You may think it so but I think more and more women are coming around to realize this simple truth.

I only use the threat tactic because you seem to show little reaction to truth or reality of what is going on, besides the evil men you speak of don't tend to spend much time here.
They're usually hanging out in bars waiting for horny desperate single moms who have the weekend free.
 grizzelda
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 8:54:29 AM
Your concern for the children is so incredibly touching....

You explore your so called new freedom and when you come to realize that we men have not had it all that great. You may think it so but I think more and more women are coming around to realize this simple truth.

I love this, my life is great and that is because I made my life what it is, perhaps these men that you speak of that didnt have it all that great in theirs is because of their life choices, and it had nothing to do with freedom that you seem to think women have a hard time dealing with. What simple truth do you speak of? That an easy life isnt handed to you? Or that you have to work for what you want? Or that you are responsible for your choices in life? And that sometimes things arent going to go your way?

I think that these are lessons that quite a few people need to learn and accept their role in where they ended up. Have sex with women that you dont know very well and she gets pregnant? Well dont get all pissy when she decides to keep the baby and looks to you for money because she wont get an abortion, but the fact that you didnt even know her well enough to know that trivial fact about her before you stuck your****in her isnt your fault is it? Dont want children but continue to rely on someone else for birth control? Accept that you are playing the odds and when you roll craps, dont cry about how unfair it is that she has an option you dont. Continue to have sex with a woman that apparently you know is a psycho and untrustworthy, and then get all self righteous and indignant when she gets pregnant and chases you for money. The ****! How dare she do this to me? I was only in it for the sex! Its not fair!

Oh and by the way, condoms have been around for hundreds if not thousnads of years, you have no excuse either if you dont want to end up with any unwanted off spring. Or is it because traditionally men have been able to scamper away with very few repurcussions that some men apparently still seem to think that they dont have to be responsible where they put their****?
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/4/2010 9:43:44 AM
Oh and by the way, condoms have been around for hundreds if not thousnads of years, you have no excuse either if you dont want to end up with any unwanted off spring. Or is it because traditionally men have been able to scamper away with very few repurcussions that some men apparently still seem to think that they dont have to be responsible where they put their****?

Playing the weak victim card, face it you can't own up to the fact that women have sex for the same reasons men do. If you say different then you are admitting that they have an anterior motive.
Sad the men in your life have done this. Man I don't know how many times we have to keep putting the numbers up on who pays and who doesn't in our society but you women seem to scamper away a heck of a lot more than men do percentage wise.

If a woman doesn't want to be a parent she won't, only stupid women and those that want kids get pregnant. The smart ones or those that have some sense of true concern for children will give up their child for adoption or have an abortion.
Yay you for loving your life, but are you really sure about that because if having kids is the best thing you ever did in your life that's pretty empty.

Loretta Lynn The Pill lyrics

You wined me and dined me
When I was your girl
Promised if I'd be your wife
You'd show me the world
But all I've seen of this old world
Is a bed and a doctor bill
I'm tearin' down your brooder house
'Cause now I've got the pill
All these years I've stayed at home
While you had all your fun
And every year thats gone by
Another babys come
There's a gonna be some changes made
Right here on nursery hill
You've set this chicken your last time
'Cause now I've got the pill
This old maternity dress I've got
Is goin' in the garbage
The clothes I'm wearin' from now on
Won't take up so much yardage
Miniskirts, hot pants and a few little fancy frills
Yeah I'm makin' up for all those years
Since I've got the pill
I'm tired of all your crowin'
How you and your hens play
While holdin' a couple in my arms
Another's on the way
This chicken's done tore up her nest
And I'm ready to make a deal
And ya can't afford to turn it down
'Cause you know I've got the pill
This incubator is overused
Because you've kept it filled
The feelin' good comes easy now
Since I've got the pill
It's gettin' dark it's roostin' time
Tonight's too good to be real
Oh but daddy don't you worry none
'Cause mama's got the pill
Oh daddy don't you worry none
'Cause mama's got the pill

A little pent up frustration that most women can't seem to let go of. It seems women like others fighting their battles for them as a result of bad decisions.
 grizzelda
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 11:01:33 AM

Playing the weak victim card, face it you can't own up to the fact that women have sex for the same reasons men do. If you say different then you are admitting that they have an anterior motive.
Sad the men in your life have done this.

What victim card? It isnt me on here whining about how I now have to take responsibilty for a child that I helped create. What the hell is an anterior motive? You shouldnt use big words if you dont know what they mean. No man in my life has ever done anything of the sort and that is because I am careful about who I choose to have in my life, and when it is time to take responsibilty I actually do what you are supposed to do, deal with the fall out not stand around stomping my feet and crying foul, whining like a 3 yr old about how unfair life is.

If a woman doesn't want to be a parent she won't, only stupid women and those that want kids get pregnant. The smart ones or those that have some sense of true concern for children will give up their child for adoption or have an abortion.

And this applies to men as well. Only stupid men allow another person to take control of their sperm while screwing someone they dont well enough to make smart decisions about what happens when babies are made.

Yay you for loving your life, but are you really sure about that because if having kids is the best thing you ever did in your life that's pretty empty.

HAHAHA your ability to make shit up is quite impressive. You seem to take my post quite personally, hit a little close to home did I?
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/4/2010 1:20:14 PM
Touch a nerve, hardly. I'm not whining either but you seem to think it is okay for this to be happening. And you have the nerve to question my concern about children.

Wow a history buff too, thanks for the info on condoms but like I said before there seems to an awful lot of women who don't seem to object to getting pregnant and use the law to force a man to live up to your choice. That is weak.

So you've been careful, again yay you for maybe doing it right but no matter what you say it doesn't excuse the fact that so many women would opt to live in poverty with kids like it wasn't a choice.
You seem to know men well enough to have been picky, it's too bad there are still so many that are lazy about it.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:34:34 PM

both sexes could become pregnant, oviously, each person is totally responsible for his/her body.

Both sexes do, in fact, have control of their body. Biology necessitates that men exercise their responsibility prior to having sex; that is the difference. I will repeat: the onus is on the party most opposed to having a child to ensure prevention. It really is that simple. Your "fundamental difference" might be valid, if only all men were honest prior to pregnancy. Sex is not contractual, and more often than not "proof" is nothing more than "he said/she said", no?

asthma, as usual, your agenda is showing; talk about lack of empathy. You assume that all pro-lifers are female? You state that men can "take back" the power from women, yet you assert that they are too weak to even ask for proof of paternity? Talk out of both sides of your mouth often? You assume that only women who want to parent get pregnant; simply not the truth. There are women who support abortion rights, yet do not feel that abortion is right for them personally, and some of these women do find themselves pregnant despite prevention, or perhaps, because of trust in the untrustworthy. I suppose you call this crap, but like many of your arguments, that is only because it is convenient for you to assume. You know what they about ASSuming. You really are an azz.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:55:30 PM
Ohwhydoyoubother, youmay wish to keep the title of one who assumes to much.

Where did I ever say that all prolifers are female? I guess of those 30 to 50 million women who have had abortions you assume that they were all bullied into it by men, hardly.

Running out of insults are we? You know the only people in my life who ever suggested abortion have been women. One was the mother of a woman I dated in my early twenties. Sure I was relieved but guess what I was willing to step up so there goes your assumption on that one.
Seriously you silly thick biatch,

I might come across as a bit of an ass but I'll wear that proudly knowing that at least I show that I actually give a shit.
You just keep posting and keep wearing the mantle of soulless biatch, it seems to suit you well.

ohwhynot46
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2010 7:23:51 PM
I don't assume anything; you alluded to the "prolifers adding a second charge". Since some of them are most certainly male, it would seem that abortion is not a simple solution, even for those who may not be actively seeking parenthood, even if they find themselves in that position of doing just that. Simply, for a woman not to seek an abortion is not to say that she has actively chosen to become a parent.

I am not in the habit of trading insults, but sometimes they are called for. Neither your life nor mine (silly thick **** that I am; insults, huh?) are pertinent to this discussion, yet your continued need to assume facts about my life, of which you are not privy to, speaks to your shortcomings which likely lead to your need to insult).

If youtruly gave a shit, you wouldn't choose to continually ignore the extraneous, pertinent arguments,
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/5/2010 2:30:45 PM
the extraneous, pertinent arguments, owhydo youbother

List please.

Oh and please have a gander at this.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10765030.aspx

Now do ya think I may be the only person who thinks that only stupid people or those that wish to get pregnant get so?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2010 10:03:59 PM

Now do ya think I may be the only person who thinks that only stupid people or those that wish to get pregnant get so?

Actually, assthma, I am well aware that there are many flagrant azzholes such as yourself among us.
 i_am_ausar
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/6/2010 3:16:17 AM
because babies naturally come from where they come and an unnatural document does not make a person more apt. truthfully; basically none know the truth about marriage and what it entails pertaining a licence and the procedures that are necessary to make the documentation legitimate.further the people who can say that this procedure would be of benefit to their constitution find themselves in a common-law marriage not receiving the benefits of what a bylaw/ceremonial marriage entails. in the end it is better for life to progress/digress naturally and the hopes of maintaining an ideal of how people were conceived based on the past is folly.

this is a natural occurrence and the increase in population does not justify you attempt at rewriting history to suit your fantasies.most women never had maids, and a mans friend has little to do with the union sexual or otherwise between sexes.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/6/2010 5:22:50 AM
Ohwhydoyoubother, you never checked the thread, you've just called many women azzholes. Nicely done.

Are you kidding? I have never accidently gotten pregnant in my life. The pill is 99.9% effective when taken properly. I was married for 10 years and had one child, planned, on purpose. I went off the pill and was pregnant within a week.

I know there are woman out there who do get pregnant on the pill, but it is very rare. If your lady turns up accidently pregnant. My first question would not be "Why did the birth control fail?"

The obvious reason is, so that I don't get pregnant until I choose to. I've been on the damned things for so long now that I should probably own shares in Pfizer. So obviously they do work for some of us.

One other reason I've always stayed on them, even during periods when I was single, is because they also help relieve monthly symptoms tremendously.

So..what are you really fishing for with this thread, O

So are you advocating that we all stop using any form of birthcontrol entirely? The world is over-populated enough now as it is... and you want every woman who is of childbearing age and is participating in sex with a man to stop taking birthcontrol to save money and time...??? And you're 46???? Abortion is not without risk.. and pregnancy can be just as risky too.

It's been about 12.5 yrs since I was using chemical birthcontrol... and as far as I remember I was never late to work because I had to take my pill. Takes about 1 second to pop it into the mouth and swallow.

I TOOK bcp because I wasn't ready (financially, emotionally, mentally, not mature enough, not in a committed relationship, etc)...

Why do you take the birth control pill? Or use any other form of birth control?

So I don't end up with children. Duh!

I have noticed throughout a number of threads that a common phrase keeps arising of we got pregnant the BC failed, oh well we're parents. Some are happy about that kind of news and some aren't but either way you're parents.
So is it just a matter of time and if so why would you bother to use it?

That's never happened to me. I use it as directed....some don't.

Seems a collosal waste of time, money and energy.

Good point, why DON'T men get vasectomies instead? That would be WAY better!

They can't be cheap and you buy them every month which would pay your cable bill for the year.

Mine are cheap. My cable bill is WAY higher. And even if we did pay that much a month, it's cheaper than raising a child.

I guess we must think of your doctors who get some money for the visits to get BC. Just think of the time you could save not having to go the pharmacy and shave a little time every morning instead of maybe being late for work.

I don't go to the pharmacy every morning for birth control. What country do you live in?

Sure I guess if you got pregnant there is always abortion or giving the child up for adoption but I am not sre if either of those options is very popular.

What was the point of this statement?

So why ?

So that if we sleep with someone like you by accident, we don't procreate?

You will notice that some have the same traits as you do, but overall the sentiment was clear that only stupid women allow themselves to get pregnant or put very little effort into getting to know about birth.

http://www.tvo.org/TVO/WebObjects/TVO.woa?videoid?89640239001

Watch this you may learn something, you see I keep seeking answers many of which women like you ohwhybother don't seem to like very much because it crushes your mystique.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/6/2010 9:15:52 AM
My last unplanned pregnancy was in 1999, so i cant speak for the 2007 prego`s. Maybe cultural factors of the times we are in now. Casual sex, sex outside of a marriage or conventional commited relationship, has become a 'new normal'.Many Men dont see a need to buy the cow, when the milk is free. Many women dont see a need to buy a whole pig, just for a little sausage. Single motherhood has lost a lot of the stigma.Shotgun weddings dont happen anymore. Women have the ability to go into the workforce and make as much or more than a man, so they dont have to worry about putting bread and butter on the table without a man. Theres food stamps and welfare for low income families. We dont have to have abortions, and we no longer have to be sent away in shame while pregnant, to give birth in secret and give our babies up. Some men feel that they should not be responsible for their children, because they just wanted a good time, and how dare anyone suggest they use a condom/spermicide. Some women are lax with bc.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/6/2010 9:19:57 AM
My last unplanned pregnancy was in 1999, so i cant speak for the 2007 prego`s. Maybe cultural factors of the times we are in now. Casual sex, sex outside of a marriage or conventional commited relationship, has become a 'new normal'.Many Men dont see a need to buy the cow, when the milk is free. Many women dont see a need to buy a whole pig, just for a little sausage. Single motherhood has lost a lot of the stigma.Shotgun weddings dont happen anymore. Women have the ability to go into the workforce and make as much or more than a man, so they dont have to worry about putting bread and butter on the table without a man. Theres food stamps and welfare for low income families. We dont have to have abortions, and we no longer have to be sent away in shame while pregnant, to give birth in secret and give our babies up. Some men feel that they should not be responsible for their children, because they just wanted a good time, and how dare anyone suggest they use a condom/spermicide. Some women are lax with bc.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/6/2010 9:30:45 AM
Plus, we as a people are a lot freer than we used to be. a man doesnt have to marry a woman because she is knocked up. a woman doesnt have to stay in a crap marriage or relationship if she doesnt want to. Divorce and seperation is common. We are more free to do what we want, rather than what society dictates. In any unplanned pregnancy, both are at fault. If everyone was diligent in protecting their own desires to not reproduce, it wouldnt happen. Look out for YOU, dont expect anyone else to.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >