Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kahukura
Msg: 168
40% Babies Born to Single Women 2007/ Why is This Happening?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
And the pill does fail for some women, no matter how regular they are. Lets see I tried the depo shot, it blew me up as in massive weight gain, and other problems with it. Got pregnant on it, so tell me then how one fails with that one as its one you get every three months with a shot from the doctor. You can't miss it daily like the pill etc. Had a IUD, ended up with a tubal from that one. (BTW the other pregnancy ended up in miscarriage) then tried the pill on the doctors recommendation, well I got pregnant just before the period was due.... they don't always work, some people have and underlying medical reason for it not to. That is my problem. Tubes tied now, did you know women still can get pregnant apparently with the tubes tied? I didn't know that until I read online about tubal ligations. Since the pill is a hormone, if one has a hormonal imbalance that keeps the body off kilter it may not work. I take the pill on top of the tubal for the hormonal reason and guess what it still doesn't work as it should...not pregnancy means , but the other issues I care not to discuss on here around it.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 169
40% Babies Born to Single Women 2007/ Why is This Happening?
Posted: 6/6/2010 10:51:29 AM
The modern IUD with localized hormonal release is probably your best bet. The Iud has had a bad rep from the past horrors of the 70's, misinformation and fear are holding many doctors from recommending it.

Puncturing of the uterine wall has all been eliminated.

Kahukura
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/6/2010 1:30:28 PM
that is the same one I had... and had it removed, many people suffer side effects from it. It doesn't work for everyone.... there is always downfalls to every method. but it is better than those old copper Ts they used and still do at times.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2010 1:53:18 PM
There are women for whom the pill is contraindicated. One's choice of birth control method is a personal one. Certainly, unplanned pregnancies happen; pregnancy is not always chosen, no matter what you say, and it is not only the woman who become pregnant without putting actual effort into it, the men with whom they are involved certainly have something to do with it. If you know your partner isn't on the pill, and you don't wish to have a child, the degree to which you don't wish to find yourself in that position is directly related to the degree that you are responsible for preventing it. Nuff said.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/6/2010 7:18:00 PM
I get that birth control can fail, and not all women are able or willing to put fake hormones or have plastic shoved up their uterus, im one of them. Cant take the pill anymore, and the iud skeeves me the fvck out. i use vcf, which you can buy otc, you only need to use it when you're having your 'happy hour', no fake hormones, you just excuse yourself, tell your partner you are going to go slip off to the bathroom to make yourself more luscious for him, then give it 15 minutes for your body heat to activate it. Plus, have the guy wear a condom. Why any men who doesnt want a kid wouldnt be diligent with safer sex is beyond me. Why anyone would put their reproduction in the hands of another is beyond me. Its the individuals job to look after their best interest. If you dont, you have given your choices away. A jaded way of thinking, perhaps, reality check, absolutely. Plus, herpes warts and aids are floating about, a baby isnt the worst that can happen to you if you dont look after yourself.
 want to travel
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2010 4:30:42 AM
the reason is called welfare, simple as that
 Kahukura
Msg: 174
Posted: 6/18/2010 12:35:16 PM
want to travel,

If they are having them for the fact of welfare, they really aren't getting a lot at least out here. I have seen what a family in BC gets, and that is a basic allowance of $375 no matter how many children and the $284 child tax credit. If thats having a kid for welfare, these mothers are obviously very stupid, and uneducated to think they can raise a child on that.

Seems to me you have something against those who must go on welfare, guess what I had to do it for a bit when my ex and I split up and just after I had the baby. I was working before that. Sometimes one has no choice, he was around til our son was born then I guess he chickened out and decided it wasn't for him.

Also not everyone on welfare is there because they want to be, i sure the heck don't want to be on disability but i had a back injury when I was 18 that over the last year or so has gotten very painful at times. Sometimes its life's circumstances that place us here, not our choice. However im getting training in 3d autocad and stuff to get a good paying job that I can do that does not need my back to do it.
 want to travel
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2010 1:34:23 PM
in yesterdays paper there was an article on a house fire
the resident was an eithiopan woman with 10 children, it was housing, no fathers, she did not learn english
mothers welfare, starts at 1500,housing for mother and child 154 dollars, daycare zip, its free, so is school, free city programs, and transportation plus the child tax credit
i am not against welfare, i was just talking about how terrible it is that this city has nothing for the homeless, and there are hundreds if not thousands in this city
 Kahukura
Msg: 176
Posted: 6/18/2010 2:54:28 PM
I used to live in ONtario, your rates are way off, families in ONtario their children aren't even covered on the welfare check, so they get basic allowance of about 235 for themselves, and a max shelter for 2 of about 550, a far cry from the 1500 you seem to think they get. Try getting some actual figures first before posting that. Most don't get any transportation at all they walk because they cannot afford the bus. Housing costs more than 154, it is based on how many are in the unit.

I worked when in Ontario as well lived in housing, with me and my daughter we paid 400 in rent based on my working income and about another 400 in hydro/gas fees. School is free regardless if you are low income on welfare or working unless you decide yourself to send children to a private school,

I tend to think you are somewhat misinformed about the actual monetary amounts these families get and as with most others who have never had to live on that side of things think its a lot when it isn't.

http://www.toronto.ca/housing/pdf/ontarioworks_ratetable_dec2008.pdf

link to the rates for Ontario, I don't see any single parent getting 1500 there, and it shows if you read that children 0-17 get no money on the parents check, however once they hit 18 they do, where as here where I live, they get maybe $100 and at 18 are not included anymore.
 want to travel
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2010 4:04:20 AM
look like i said, i believe in housing, helping those in need, i am canadian, and not greedy, if i had to give up 50% of my earnings to end the plight of the homeless and poor, i would
the money i mentioned in an earlier post is correct, so are the benefits, maybe its a windsor thing, but it is true
you are sting TO stats, dont forget toronto is too busy going after the g8 and g20 summit , at a cost of 1 billion dollars, you practically have to step over the homeless to walk anywhere, they are everywhere!they have there priorities in TO, a domed stadium, new subway lines, condos, and pure greed, after this there is nothing left for the poor
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/19/2010 12:34:33 PM
You seriously think women have babies for freaking welfare? I dont think so. Welfare payments are way below poverty level, and the kid takes 24-7 of the mothers time, and the money gets spent on the kids anyways, a get rich plan it is not. I think there are certain social and emotional factors that play a huge part, and welfare is more of a means to an end, to feed the kids if the mother is in a precarious economic situation, rather than a master plan. I dont think women go through pregnancy, labor, and childrearing to get the small amount they would get on welfare. want to travel, i could stereotype the homeless that you feel pity for, most likely all crackheads and drunks. Much rather tax money go to feeding children than i want it to go to crackheads and drunks. Im sure they have made as many a bad choice in life as a single mom has. And 1500 a month for 10 kids isnt a hella a lot. i do strongly advocate that parents be prepared before they have kids, But our world is not utopian.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/19/2010 12:55:51 PM
And if you can find a magical potion that will stop women from falling for the wrong men, will stop men from abandoning women and children, will stop people from having lust fueled premarital sex, will stop divorce and failing marriages, will stop deaths of partners, will stop poverty, will stop the self esteem issues that oft get women thinking sex is love, i will get on my knees and kiss your ass, and give you the nobel peace prize myself, and i will buy a few bottles. Im far from a bleeding heart liberal and i do advocate good choices, but the ways of the world are fvcked up sometimes, and if a woman needs welfare to feed her kids, GOOD, less money for stupid wars and invading other countries.
 Kahukura
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/19/2010 3:04:55 PM
want to travel,

those may be Toronto Stats, but they are all pretty much the same Ontario wide. Now since you know so much about how much they get, it seems maybe you are one of the welfare people, anyway post a link to windsor's rates, I doubt they are much different then Toronto, Kingston, Belleville and many of the areas I have friends and family in that have or are at one point stuck within the system.

On another note here is one for the max shelter allowance I found, $511 for a single parent of 1 family, can't even find a place for that in most areas.... so they are having kids for the money are they? Don't be thinking so.

I bet if this woman had named the fathers of her kids you would be complaining because the system would go after them for child support, thus she would still remain on assistance because you don't see your child support check when collecting welfare you lose it dollar for dollar.

As for the woman not learning english, our language is one of the hardest ones to learn, with all the simular sounding words such as piece, peace, they're, their, there, etc. Maybe it was too difficult for her to learn. I moved to Quebec for awhile I came back quickly because I couldn't learn french.
 want to travel
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2010 9:19:04 AM
like i said, i am a canadian with canadian values, i would be happy to have half my pay check taxed so that poverty could go away from our society
but the numbers are right on, my sons mother spent 3 years on welfare she is a nurse
i am of a european decent, and in my parent country a woman gets 3 years off for having a baby, so we worked it out i paid my support under the table so she could have her money from the government, as well as the cheap housing, i have paid my support religiously over the years, and still am, we also set up a trust fund for him 17 years ago to help him out with school, we can now pay half of his education
my parents came from europe, hungary, the hungarian language is totally different from european languages, it did not stop them from learning english
by the way 4 out of the 10 children where undernourished and childrens aid has taken them away from her
you are defending a really bad mother,oh and she is pregnant with number 11
 Kahukura
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/20/2010 9:57:15 AM
I am not defending her, I looked up the rate tables and Ontario works as it is called across Ontario has the same set amounts of money across Ontario, it doesn't matter if you are in Windsor or Toronot. Has your ex been on this welfare before 1995 when rates were cut? If it was before then yes that is about the amount of money they got, however now its been cut that the children do not get covered on the checks of welfare recipients except under the shelter portion. I used to be part of the low income coalition there in kingston so I do know what I am talking about.

I see you helped enable your ex to commit fraud as well. Paying her child support under the table is enabling the fraud to occur, I would be more concerned about that going on than a mother on welfare who needs it to take care of her child and IS NOT frauding them.

Child support in all provinces etc. Saskatchewan is deducted dollar for dollar from welfare and disability checks. By a father or parent paying under the table so as not to lose that it is committing fraud as the rules and regulations stipulate that all income must be reported or one can be charged with fraud.

It is those like that who also bash the single mothers on welfare that need to be looked at closely. So it is ok for you two to fraud the government but not ok for a single mother to use the system when she has to? Man the double standards some people play if they are doing it its different, but if another is well thats just a different story.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/4/2010 5:43:31 AM
Impressed to see there are still some of us that are still aware enough to realize this is all an illusion of freedom.
But this false freedom gives us some sense of rights to do whatever we please and that includes procreation. The trinity you speak of isn't expecting total success - just enough to keep the ball rolling and there is exceptable loss.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/12/2010 4:18:12 AM
Single mother by choice. ^^^^^^^^^^

And less and less people have a problem with that.
The things they tend to get a little iffy on is what that single mother can bring to the plate without the aid of government subsidies for housing, education and collection of support from a man who most likely didn't want to be father but had little choice in the matter.
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/12/2010 11:25:29 AM
And lest I repeat myself that women in your situation are the ones who should choose this route, not the ones who aren't insisting on condoms and can't fathom all the ins and outs of the multitudes of birth control options available to them.
You can repeat that it does take two over and over but since men can't get pregnant who has more to lose or deep down really considered a loss? For most women that seem to their crowning achievement in life - to have a child that is conditioned to love them regardless of who they are. Big Whoop.
 mrcs84
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2010 12:23:59 PM
Men have choice in the matter, too. It's called a condom. There are failure rates, but this would significantly reduce the chance of unwanted pregnancy.

*Sigh* we just LOVE to assume that men don't use condoms, don't we? Did you know that the failure rate is 15%? In the grand scheme of how often people have sex, that's a lot of failures.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/birthcontrol/a/effectivenessbc.htm

many women are choosing single motherhood after the age of 30, when they have completed their education and have sound careers.

Where are you getting this information? This is what I found on the topic.
("U.S. Children in Single-Mother Families" by Mark Mather, Ph.D. Published May 2010)

Three-fourths of all single mothers are in the labor force, and single mothers have slightly higher labor force participation rates than women in married-couple families. However, single mothers are more than twice as likely to be unemployed (13 percent), compared with mothers in married-couple families (5 percent); and the majority of employed single mothers—62 percent—are working in lower-wage retail, service, or administrative jobs that offer few benefits.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/17/2010 2:06:58 AM
better one healthy parent then having a loser in the picture
i was told to "make an abortion" after my son's father and i committed to marriage.
i told him to take a hike~German JA JA
alas
single mum
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 196
Posted: 7/17/2010 7:17:41 AM
^^^^^^^^Again with the instantaneous transformation of the guy who used to give you shivers and orgasms into total loser. Are you that much healthier for not being able to have spotted that factor until it was too late? Hmmmmmmm
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/17/2010 8:31:36 AM
God bless our beautiful kids :)
can make a man a man??? now can we???
 kissmyasthma
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/17/2010 9:05:51 AM
Try telling your kids they are the spawn of a loser, see how well that goes.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/17/2010 5:23:28 PM
luckily children are BLESSINGS from GOD
despite who delivered the swimmer
That is why God make GOOD MOTHERS
who love their children.
actions speak louder then words babe.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/23/2010 3:49:30 AM
i think that it is very sad that my children don't have a father
because they
"changed their minds"
yeah~~~people just GET DIVORCED
Have an abortion
Do whatever is easiest and most convenient for a loser
it is sad when i tell my children that they have no father
because

eh

they changed their minds???????????? pathetic

these men live single
playing the field
cheating,lying, not paying child support
dumping their families like we are schit

they are losers

i reinforce the love that my children have and all of the people that love them
and tell them
someday mommy will meet a wonderful man
she will have a husband
and you will have a daddy

these children shouldn't be forced into no father homes because sperm donor
decided that
NOW
he does not want the kid that he made!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >