Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > living on a boat      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pacificabreeze
Msg: 9
view profile
History
living on a boatPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
In the late 80's I lived on a 50ft A-frame houseboat in Redwood City, CA, less than an hour south of San Francisco. It did not have an engine so it was docked at all times. This thread has brought back some great memories of living in a harbor. My daughter and I lived on the boat and we knew all of our "sailor" neighbors, there were alot of couples and everyone was so helpful and protective, one of the most friendly and secure places I ever lived.
My boat had been built in the "40's in the Sacramento Delta, I understand it was in a couple of movies, never saw any proof of that but I believe it because it was so full of charisma. The boat had living room with windows up to the ceiling, dining area, kitchen and a loft bedroom with walk-in closet and walk-out balcony. The large bed was situated under a turret with skylights, you could see the sky and birds above.
We had two dogs and they seemed to love the water lifestyle, lazing around on the sunwarmed deck was a favorite pastime.
We lived happily for two years but the boat needed a new flotation system, it was on six wooden pontoons and they needed to be upgraded. My new career was needing most of my time and energy so regretably I sold the boat to live on land where I wasn't listing (leaning sideways) during low tide. The fellow who bought the boat had built several two-story houseboats in the same marina so he did a wonderful job of upgrading it to the standard it deserved, it is still in that marina, I visit every so often.
Living on that houseboat was one of the best experiences of my life. I think if anyone has any thoughts of doing it they should go full speed ahead with their dream.
 Pacificabreeze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
living on a boat
Posted: 8/19/2009 10:46:48 AM
For anyone in the San Francisco-Bay Area the Sausalito Floating Home Community is having their annual self guided tour, this year 20 homes will be open, it is Saturday, September 26, 11am to 4pm, tickets are $35.00 and can be purchased online at floatinghomesdotorg ... There are videos of previous tours online too. I've been a few times, there are quirky and incredibly beautiful homes there, some worth millions.
 out a line
Msg: 11
view profile
History
living on a boat
Posted: 12/22/2012 9:23:19 PM
hi out ther a long time has past now my son is now a man and i am still living on ships we had a good time out here and and in 7of 09 got big in to the sailing thing and i whent in to the old ship recovery thing as i had done be for my x and i went are ways now days i am in to the treasure hunting thing and still love the open sea and work with mell fisher.s son kane fisher that found the atocha the lost spanish treasuure ship that sank in the 1622 fleet and seys i found my peace of minde out here and have my life put together now days and am ready to finde my other part to make me hole now have you seen her tell her i am here ok and wating
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > living on a boat