Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Landra
Msg: 5
Cant people like this be reported?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
How nice that he "spent" 300 points to send you a gifty!
If you've been on this site for 2 years and this is your only complaint, I'd say you're doing well.
 thwipp89
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Cant people like this be reported?
Posted: 5/15/2009 10:27:17 PM
The gift was that grilled steak that they have. The content of the message was something along the lines of "This steak is for you fatty."

that was actually a little funny but i'm a jerk that likes politically incorrect humor. it was semi-creative. take it with a grain of salt. they don't know you, so don't take it personal. send them a teddy and tell them to use it when their mommy tucks them in at night =)
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:55:24 AM
You know, I'd be willing to pay $40 per month if I could have a cyber middle finger gift.

Someone tell Markus?

spitfire6844
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 3:44:10 PM
Just move on from it, OP. There are doubtless guys who appreciate you. Focus on them.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 5:04:28 PM

He's a David DeAngelo flunkie. Just block the idiot.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/17/2009 7:47:32 AM
OP, I read your post the other day and tried to figure out WHY even an idiot would send you such a message.

I finally reached a conclusion: He has been turned down by a plethora of women. He is such a loser that he knew he didn't have a chance with you, but you represent all those women who rejected him.

So, he took the offensive and rejected you first. Illogical, yes, but losers often lack logic and lash out blindly.

Also, he could have been hoping that your self esteem would be so low you would email back, crying and hurt, and maybe he could take advantage of you that way.

It doesn't matter. IF he hooks up with someone, she will make his life miserable because all he can attract is another loser, and he deserves it.

You didn't deserve to be insulted--chin up, move on.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/17/2009 11:17:10 AM

I've been on this website for a long time, almost 2 years and I've had a lot of good experiences talking to and meeting people. However today for the first time, was not such a good experience.For the first time on this website I've experienced outright prejudice.

This man messages me with one of those gifts in the message. The gift was that grilled steak that they have. The content of the message was something along the lines of "This steak is for you fatty." I have never contacted this person before or even viewed their profile. They contacted me and insulted me.

I was never disappointed with POF before but this took the cake.

People have become so hypersensative; also we live in a society where mommy and daddy protect ANYTHING negative said about their darling angels and when they grow up, they literally want people in jail if they offend them.

Get over it, have some confidence and block him; the guy's an arrogant jerk; move in; good luck.
 forum101
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:13:05 PM
Shake it off. You are beautiful. shame he isnt.
 Much More
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2009 10:15:16 PM
That young man lacks manners and style.

1- One would think that a real man with any distinction would know that lobbing a steak at a lady is not a quality way to get her attention (and frankly would also know that lobbing any hunk of beef at a woman is not ever a classy move ) .

2 - Double faux pas for being so desperate that he forgot to politely extend a proper invitation to dine.

3- Triple faux pas for being so dense as to not inquire if she even likes steak.

LOL (Smile dear...it is all in good fun! Hope you feel better now.)

Please don't blame POF - sometimes little can be little stinkers....
 OutMind
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/18/2009 8:00:34 AM
Welcome to planet earth. Now that you got insulted, you'll be a little tougher, a little more resilient with a better coat of teflon. And a much better you. If the insult touched you because it addressed a truth, then decide what to do about that truth, if the insult did not touched any truths, brush it off and keep going. And like fish there are plenty of a sswholes out there.
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 51
Posted: 5/18/2009 6:56:09 PM
I just read an interview with some past American Idols and one (I think it was Jordan Sparks) was talking about the experience of reading about yourself for the first time. She said that she stopped reading comments about herself because even though she'd read over 100 compliments from her fans it was the one negative comment she read that she would remember and obsess over. I don't think this is that different. You just have to learn to focus on the positive.
 Boots168
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 10:56:28 PM
He sounds like nothing but some immature kids trying to get your attention. Chances are he is still in high school (and if not, no wonder he can't get a gf heheh) so don't take it to heart.
 fishfood!
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/19/2009 10:23:49 AM
your not fat. maybe he is blind or very stupid.
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/20/2009 7:15:57 AM

That's a 300 point-gift!

Was he joking or...?

Good luck

Wow you're a bit of a **** aren't you....
 mthomjmark
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:23:05 PM
Ismene has great points. Are we now going to pass rules to MAKE people be kind and nice? come on; This is the internet and people say stupid stuff all the time.

Anyone that cruel you should ask yourself why did I want to talk to him in the first place. Learn from these situations.
 Much More
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 11:20:04 AM
OMG....I was just sent a steak as well.....as well as being told to post pictures less than 1 month old. I have an assortment of dated pictures.....between 7 and 24 months old. Real pictures!

I did reply....because it was just such a bizarre message (and the "gentlemen's" profile was rather a long, rambling rant....)

I quoted a part of his message that did not make sense and told him he must be terribly confused. Then....I asked him if he was trying to be a jerk or was attempting to exercise a twisted sense of humor? Some people don't know when they are out of line.

Then being a lady with manners, I thanked him for his virtual gift (with all the warm and heartfelt thoughts behind it)......

One must also remember their manners...... :laugh: X 2

MM

FastReb
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 7:45:07 PM
After having looked at the pics on your profile, I'd suggest sending the poster a set of eye glasses and a dictionary, because it's obvious they can't see and don't know what they're talking about. On second thought, they're probably too dumb to know what either item would be for, so just block 'em and move on.
 Much More
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2009 10:26:44 PM
Thanks everyone....

It was just weird and disheartening to have such a negative interaction with someone like that. It came out of left field!

But I guess it is to each their own. Some like to spread the love, others spread whatever...LOL Guess it makes 'em feel better or a chance to be critical under the guise that they are helping? Who really knows what lurks in the minds of some?

As I said before... It is my strong opinion that lobbing a steak at a lady is never and will never be a classy move.....

Please be careful out there!

MM
 winteragain
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/3/2009 7:29:24 PM
some guys say insulting things to see if the girl they're insulting either takes it in stride meanin she's cool, fights back meanin she's a tough one, shies away meanin she's self concious, or posts it on the forums meanin she's gonna get other people to bash him for her.
 Viperess
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:01:24 PM
The saying, 'You can't fix stupid.', is perfect for a tacky, moron like HIM. He's probably just a hater because you wouldn't even piss on him if he was on fire, and it would be fun to watch him burn writhing in agony. Hell, I'd be amused. ~shrugs~
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 3:45:29 PM
That insulted you? If someone sent me that I'd find it hilarious!

At least he found a way to use his points

Ask him if he's too cheap to buy you a real dinner ;) Bet he'd ask you out.

P.S. I've gotten emails asking if my ass is a costume. If this is the worst you've gotten, consider yourself lucky.
 techgirl27
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:19:40 PM
You can report them but nothing will probably be done about it. And "blocking" wont accomplish anything since they probably wont contact you again anyway. Besides, that really doesnt show maturity.

Yes they can get back on. They can get a new IP address from their ISP, or easily log in from somewhere else. Some nazi (fill in the blank, nameless site, etc) tried that one on me, the night the country went digital. All the while, several ISP's are updating their hardware and software that night, their whole customer base got a whole new distribution of IP addresses.

Just delete it and carry on using POF as you were.
 dbguy79
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:11:40 PM
OP's profile is hilarious.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >