Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Icon_
Msg: 61
Those on again off again relationships?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Ultimately, the last time I broke up with him was for the same reason as all of the other times: he was not a kind person. His brilliance is unquestioned, and he was frequently right in whatever point he was making, but without kindness and compassion it was useless to me in a relationship. At the end of the day, it didn't matter whether I was being fair or not; once I acknowledged to myself that I couldn't give space to a part of his nature, and that it was a part of his nature that he couldn't alter as much as I needed him to, or even as much as he said he wanted to, it was over. But I certainly gave it my best before I threw in the towel.

That was well said. I have found myself in a situation so similar that it could have been the same man. I didn't have the clarity to see it the way you did. I thought I was in love and I let it go on for far too long. He was so many wonderful things, I just kept explaining away his cruelty because he had so many other desirable traits.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >