Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Seriously?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Wowsers, good on you...you figured how to change the subject line. Bravo! Seriously, you didn't start the thread it's not your topic. Create your own.

What a woman wants is irrelevant. The focus should be on what you want.

This focus on figuring out what women want is a large reason why men are so miserable.

Hmm...well I don't totally agree or disagree. It's important what both want, if it's a relationship of mutuality. (yeah maybe my word...) Lopsided, imbalanced relationships only "work" for a short period of time, they usually burn out fairly quickly.

You shouldn't be trying to attract women. Anyone can attract women. The point is to be FILTERING women. Does she match what you want?

Sooo...how's that working out for you? Anyone can attract women...do you read any other threads here. I'm not totally disagreeing, members of the opposite sex CAN attract members of the opposite sex...can and DO they attract those they're interested in? That seems to be the more relevant point.

There are those that have unhealthy relationship models and are drawn to toxic men/women/relationships. There are also other threads that speak to those issues.

I haven't seen Superman or Wonderwoman on this site.....well not yet. Only those who suffer from the delusion they are. Maybe it's YOU who'll break the mold... When you have so much email you can't be bothered with posting in the boring forums...well we'll know what happened.
 Vannili
Msg: 40
view profile
History
What Women Want: The Measure of a Male Partner
Posted: 7/10/2009 8:48:36 PM
I am not looking for a perfect,perfect man I take the bad and the good in him ,the only thing is we must have something in common like decency,integrity, and dignity and he adore ,and cherish me....
 Vannili
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 9:43:50 PM
Mr.Blueeyes, I 've read your profile ,it is enteresting ,you are like a director in a movie, you deligate and in control of the scenario. These 9 list of attributes of a perfect man ,I am not falling for it. It is just like a role to perform in a scene................

For me the measure of a male partner is his commitment thru thick and thin with his woman. He may be a lousy cook and clumsy doing toes polish ohh,forget about his being romantic. He has a moral values, he maybe a man with few words ,but his action is greater than his words. Vannili
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 10:49:16 PM

One talent that the OP left out of his "greatist hits"list. The ability t apply liberal amounts of chap stick, because OP kisses beaucouup butt!

slade58, 99% of women fall for that hit list and 1% did not (me ) Don't tell me our mind is clone... I am donating a hundred boxes of chap stick to the OP..
 GiftOfHands
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:08:26 PM
Well now... that's the attitude that inspired your name! :)
 GiftOfHands
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:12:14 PM
maybe Honesty was left off the list too? :)
 Vannili
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 12:20:07 AM
seekndestroy, Now we are talking,,,, I have the number one tickey yep ,I spell it right and Im glad that your name is not Mr.Sponge Bob.

Never mind the other ladies, Woohoo!! I 'll marry a man like you any time of the day and in all the churches.............
 abelian
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/11/2009 10:21:01 AM
This thread explains a great deal in that just about all of the women are raving over a list of abstract attributes, none of which are self-evident in a person to the extent of being able to differentiate two potential partners based on it without knowing them for quite some time. Regardless of what women say they want, they (like men) actually make choices on qualities which are readily discernable. A more useful list would be those qualities which lead women to select a guy for a date, not a wish list for a life partner (which seems to be a list of cliches, anyway). Those who consistently pick the wrong partners are most likely unable to admit their true selection criteria to themselves and then automatically endow their choices with these cliche attributes to justify it.
 TheReason_
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Seriously?
Posted: 7/11/2009 10:46:11 AM
It's not difficult to make a woman happy. A man only needs to be:

1. A friend
2. A companion
3. A lover
4. A brother
5. A father
6. A master
7. A chef
8. An electrician
9. A carpenter
10. A plumber
11. A mechanic
12. A decorator
13. A stylist
14. A sexologist
15. A gynecologist
16. A psychologist
17. A pest exterminator
18. A psychiatrist
19. A healer
20. A good listener
21. An organizer
22. A good father
23. Very clean
24. Sympathetic
25. Athletic
26. Warm
27. Attentive
28. Gallant
29. Intelligent
30. Funny
31. Creative
32. Tender
33. Strong
34. Understanding
35. Tolerant
36. Prudent
37. Ambitious
38. Capable
39. Courageous
40. Determined
41. True
42. Dependable
43. Passionate
44. Compassionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:

45. Give her compliments regularly
46. Love shopping
47. Be honest
48. Be very rich
49. Not stress her out
50. Not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:

51. Give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
52. Give her lots of time, especially time for herself
53. Give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:

54. Never to forget:
* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

1. Show up naked 2. Bring beer
 barbee1970
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/11/2009 11:12:22 AM
I did that assessment, which I think might be somewhere in my profile.

It suggested I like the Protector--they read my mind!!

I do tend to like that type of guy, even thought they are more dominant(alpha)males.

When he tries to dominate me it tends to cause a little rift. I've been on my own always, could never depend on a man let alone anyone else.

Cooking? Not important. my Dad raised me and he was old fashioned. Back in the 30's women cooked cleaned did laundry while man worked. I found myself cleaning up after my man, gathering laundry etc. My former MIL said he was so neat before he married me. After the divorce she always picked up after him, collected laundry strewn around, etc.
 KismetMama13
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/30/2011 7:21:18 PM
As wonderful and comprehensive a list this is, it just doesn't exist. Women hope and aspire to find someone to meet this "criteria", but a man this well-rounded isn't out there. It's hit or miss on most all of this stuff. If you find a guy who is nice and great and helpful, he has some sort of other issue that prevents him from sharing this great persona with you. I am not cynical or jaded or even negative, but I date. I put myself out there. I'm convinced more and more that my high standards are either too much or just not meant to be met. So, while your list is exactly what I'd want, I'm not exactly sure it's what I'll ever find. But I may print this list out for future use. :)
 jt guy
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/30/2011 7:39:33 PM
I have it figured out and know how a man should be. He walks into the room and kicks the cat out of the recliner and sits down to read the newspaper. He yells to his lady...bring me a beer and hurry up with supper.

What else could a woman want ? At least she knows he is not out running after other women.
 wayne331
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/30/2011 7:50:35 PM
Geeze, I do so many of the things listed but she left me for her ex boyfriend who does'nt. Explain that?
 ljohnson79
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:29:52 PM
She was never good enough for you anyway
 ddj777
Msg: 56
Seriously?
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:39:28 PM
Yes lose the list. Reeeeks of desparation. I know I've got it all. If they don't recognize, oh well. The list is just, well, too much.
 ddj777
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/30/2011 8:41:49 PM
No faith should be put into someone on drugs.....well not NO faith...but at least one should be carefull around them.
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/30/2011 9:03:31 PM
Oh for God's sake! How about...
does he have a job?
does he turn you on?
Is he a kind man?

Let's start with that...shall we? Aim low. That's my motto.
(We'll mention the kids later, when we're ready to run him off. Okay?)
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/30/2011 10:28:34 PM
They don't KNOW what they want....but they reserve the right to be p!ssed off when they don't get it!
 redraider609
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/30/2011 10:58:59 PM
Here's my version:

Chase money, power, success, and be a boss... then they will chase you.

Easy.
 x_file
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/30/2011 11:24:54 PM

Am I a generation to late in these beliefs of what a man should be?

It is interesting how you associate, or actually confuse the measure of a male partner with the measure of a man.

You should be embarrassed!

According to you, which you probably don't even realize, a man is a man if a woman says so. If he's a good partner, he's a man. You have committed a serious error - you've in essence used a woman's ruler to measure a man. It's actually worse... you used what you think women value to measure a man.

A good partner, husband or a father is only but a tiny part of what it means to be a man, yet you have basically limited the notion of a man to that realm.

A man should be measured by his blueprint... which he first must discover within, and then measure himself against.

As for the rest of your post, you basically scrambled a list of commonly valued traits or skills which rarely anyone individual will possess. Ironically you left out wisdom and intelligence.
 000happychick
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/30/2011 11:36:08 PM
Wow, you really made me think... I love all those qualities. i guess i have been looking in the wrong places. lately the guys I have dated have adored me, but when it comes down to it they go back to or leave for a (hate to say this) controlling, high maintenance glamour chick that looks good on their arm.. It doesnt seem to matter that she has hurt them or cheated on them or has no brains.. what ever, was starting to think I will be just everyones mate, I am not bad on the looks side, but would rather drink a beer an go fishing than get all dolled up an fake it at some expesive place.

So thankyou for your list.x
 platypus_man
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 6:51:29 PM

They don't KNOW what they want....but they reserve the right to be p!ssed off when they don't get it!

^this.
What a woman says she wants, and what she really wants, are quite often very different things. I've spent a lifetime listening to women complain about their mates; and yet, they're the one who picked him. 'Nuff said.
 infennario
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/31/2011 7:15:00 PM

painting your toe nails while you’re tied up in bed

Got stuck here. People do this?!?! I've clearly had an inadequate list.

My primary hopes for a mate are quite limited (I think), and the secondary hopes are not requirements.
This list seems to be a little too much.
 m14shooter
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 9:36:27 PM

And does the woman who has this man appreciate him and show it. Does she f**k his brains out 3-4 times a week and does she s**k his balls up through his d**k.
Doesnt seem like a whole lot to do for what he is doing. I'm sure instead she is probably finding something he isn't doing and ****ing about it.

Best response on this thread and sadly the last sentence is absolute truth.
 professorjjd
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/1/2011 4:28:07 AM
What women want? Haven't a clue! But honestly, after MORE than 5 years of no dating, and zero interest from women, I can tell you exactly what they DON'T want: ME! Ah well, I gave up long ago, so now I'm just on here for entertainment(gets pretty boring being officially "unemployed" for a long time) and to annoy folks with trolling! However, I have stated the truth, NOT everyone can attract the opposite sex, regardless of what some have claimed in this very thread, and I happen to be one of them!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >