Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > VP Joe Biden....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 killene
Msg: 76
VP Joe Biden.... Oops I did it Again... He opened his mouth!Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
NBC did a report on it on the Today Show ......

The teenage boy said it all probably the best of the whole story segment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36014554#36014554
 cupani67
Msg: 77
VP Joe Biden.... Oops I did it Again... He opened his mouth!
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:10:21 PM
Oh please, you people need to get a grip. This is nothing like the "fvckup" of the previous VP using his "F" bomb. He didn't accidentally get it caught on an open microphone, he shouted it.

Now how crude is that? And were you all so incensed about that? I doubt it.
 MrLove45
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 10:41:16 AM
Mr. President, I think we got a happy room here. (Laughter.) It seems ridiculous to say thank you all for being here. (Laughter.) Ladies and gentlemen, to state the obvious, this is a historic day. (Applause.)

In our business you use that phrase a lot, but I can't think of a day in the 37 years that I've been a United States senator and the short time I've been Vice President that it is more appropriately stated. This is a historic day.

And history -- history is not merely what is printed in textbooks. It doesn’t begin or end with the stroke of a pen. History is made. History is made when men and women decide that there is a greater risk in accepting a situation that we cannot bear than in steeling our spine and embracing the promise of change. That's when history is made. (Applause.)

History is made when you all assembled here today, members of Congress, take charge to change the lives of tens of millions of Americans. Through the efforts of those of us lucky enough to serve here in this town, that's exactly what you’ve done. You’ve made history.

History is made when a leader steps up, stays true to his values, and charts a fundamentally different course for the country. History is made when a leader’s passion -- passion -- is matched with principle to set a new course. Well, ladies and gentlemen, Mr. President, you are that leader. (Applause.)

Mr. President, your fierce advocacy, the clarity of purpose that you showed, your perseverance -- these are in fact -- it is not hyperbole to say -- these are the reasons why we're assembled in this room together, today. But for those attributes we would not be here. Many, many men and women are going to feel the pride that I feel in watching you shortly, watching you sign this bill, knowing that their work -- their work has helped make this day possible. But, Mr. President, you’re the guy that made it happen. (Applause.)

And so, Mr. President, all of us, press and elected officials, assembled in this town over the years, we’ve seen some incredible things happen. But you know, Mr. President, you’ve done what generations of not just ordinary, but great men and women, have attempted to do. Republicans as well as Democrats, they’ve tried before. Everybody knows the story, starting with Teddy Roosevelt. They’ve tried. They were real bold leaders.
But, Mr. President, they fell short. You have turned, Mr. President, the right of every American to have access to decent health care into reality for the first time in American history. (Applause.)

Mr. President, I’ve gotten to know you well enough. You want me to stop because I’m embarrassing you. (Laughter.) But I’m not going to stop for another minute, Mr. President, because you delivered on a promise -- a promise you made to all Americans when we moved into this building.

Mr. President, you are -- to repeat myself -- literally about to make history. Our children and our grandchildren, they’re going to grow up knowing that a man named Barack Obama put the final girder in the framework for a social network in this country to provide the single most important element of what people need -- and that is access to good health -- (applause) -- and that every American from this day forward will be treated with simple fairness and basic justice.

Look, the classic poet, Virgil, once said that “The greatest wealth is health.” The greatest wealth is health. Well, today, America becomes a whole lot wealthier because tens of millions of Americans will be a whole lot healthier from this moment on.

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama.

and yet sheep would like to focus on one word whispered to his boss....
 killene
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/25/2010 11:27:14 AM
It might be funny to some, but Joseph Biden is 2nd in control of our country, and could be a deciding vote in the Senate, not to mention other areas this guy is and could be in control of.
That makes it a bit frightening to many to see this from a man who has many powers and could have so much be in charge of our country.

People are amazed at what Joseph Biden says when he opens mouth, because his foots seems to enter a few too many times.

There is even a Joe Biden Gaffe-O-Matic Quote Generator if one needs to get a good laugh due to the many gaffes he makes. Used to be a list of the "Top 5 Joe Biden Gaffes" but its quickly turned into the "Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes" and he has only been VP for 14 months....Wonder how long before top 20 or 100.

Remember this is the guy picked as our VP and who has many powers and could have so much be in charge of our country.

Top 10 Joe Biden Gaffes
The Dumbest Joe Biden Quotes of All Time

10. "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008 (Watch video clip2)

9."I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." –Joe Biden, referring to Barack Obama at the beginning of the 2008 Democratic primary campaign, Jan. 31, 2007

8. "A successful dump!" --Joe Biden, explaining his whereabouts (dropping deadwood at the dump) to the reporters outside his home, Wilmington, Del., Aug. 20, 2008

7. "His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

6. "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006

5. "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008 (Watch video clip3)

4. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." --Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008

3. "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

2. "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008 (Watch video clip4)

1. "This is a big fucking deal!" --Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010 (Watch video clip5) http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/joebiden/a/top-10-biden-quotes.htm?p=1

''Am I doing this again? For the senior staff? My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts.''—Joe Biden, mocking Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts' botched effort to swear in Barack Obama as Biden was set to swear in White House senior staff one day after the Inauguration snafu, Washington, D.C., Jan. 21, 2009
''Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart.''—Joe Biden, mistakenly referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who swore him in as vice president, Washington, D.C., Jan. 20, 2009

''I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. ... When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway.''—Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out, ''Today Show'' interview, April 30, 2009

''An hour late, oh give me a f**king break.''—Joe Biden, caught on a live mic speaking to a former Senate colleague after arriving on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C., March 13, 2009

''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''—Joe Biden, speaking to members of the House Democratic caucus who were gathered in Williamsburg, Va., for their annual retreat, Feb. 6, 2009

Joe Biden Gaffe-O-Matic http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bl-joe-biden-quotes.htm
 MrLove45
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 1:59:12 PM
Vice President Joe Biden

Download Low-res (235 KB)
Download Hi-res (950 KB) Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., was born November 20, 1942, in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the first of four siblings. In 1953, the Biden family moved from Pennsylvania to Claymont, Delaware. He graduated from the University of Delaware and Syracuse Law School and served on the New Castle County Council. Then, at age 29, he became one of the youngest people ever elected to the United States Senate.

Just weeks after the election, tragedy struck the Biden family, when Biden's wife, Neilia, and their 1-year old daughter, Naomi, were killed and their two young sons critically injured in an auto accident. Vice President Biden was sworn in to the U.S. Senate at his sons' hospital bedside and began commuting to Washington every day by train, a practice he maintained throughout his career in the Senate.

In 1977, Vice President Biden married Jill Jacobs. Jill Biden, who holds a Ph.D. in Education, has been an educator for over two decades and currently teaches at a DC-area community college. The Vice President has three children: Beau, Hunter, and Ashley. Beau serves as Delaware's Attorney General and recently returned home from Iraq where he served as a Captain in the 261st Signal Brigade of the Delaware National Guard. Ashley is a social worker and Hunter is an attorney. Vice President Biden has five grandchildren: Naomi, Finnegan, Roberta Mabel ("Maisy"), Natalie, and Robert Hunter.

As a Senator from Delaware for 36 years, Senator Biden established himself as leader on some of our nation's most important domestic and international challenges. As Chairman or Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee for 17 years, then-Senator Biden was widely recognized for his work on criminal justice issues including the landmark 1994 Crime Bill and the Violence Against Women Act. As Chairman or Ranking Member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee since 1997, then-Senator Biden played a pivotal role in shaping U.S. foreign policy. He has been at the forefront of issues and legislation related to terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, post-Cold War Europe, the Middle East, and Southwest Asia.

Now, as the 47th Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden has continued his leadership on important issues facing the nation. The Vice President has been tasked with implementing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, helping to rebuild our economy and lay the foundation for a sustainable economic future. He is also the chair of the administration’s Middle Class Task Force, a major White House initiative targeted at raising the living standards of middle class families in America. In addition, he is providing sustained, high level focus for the administration on Iraq policy and has traveled to the country multiple times since being elected as Vice President. Recently, the Vice President delivered a speech on the future of the United States’ nuclear deterrent capabilities and laid out the plan for implementing the President’s nonproliferation and nuclear security agenda. Vice President Biden continues to draw on his vast foreign policy experience, advising the President on a multitude of international issues and representing our country to many regions of the world, including travel to Germany, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Lebanon, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq, Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic, Israel, the Palestinian Territories, and Jordan.

this man is well capable of his position and if called upon to the presidency I don't think the democratic party would miss a beat regardless what the right has to say or choose to consentrate on some verbal gaffs...hell I like Joe because he speaks his mind and dont give a hoot what his enemies on the right has to say
 cupani67
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/25/2010 2:42:45 PM
This is becoming lunacy on the side of anyone who (IMO) is pretending to be so incensed. Just plain lunacy. My children grew up with the word and learned at the same time when it was inappropriate to say it.

The fact that beer is illegal for underage people does not stop parents from having a beer or two in the presence of their children. As long as they make sure the children know when it is inappropriate to drink beer (like at least not until they're old enough) what's the problem?

For nudists, nudity is practiced in front of their children too, but those children grow up knowing when it's appropriate to be nude. In fact, I've known nudists and their children are generally very respectful of others' feelings and privacy. They don't make a big f*cking deal about Playboy or Penthouse either. It's nothing new and it's no big deal.

As if the people going around IRL or in here have never heard the "F" word, never uttered it. Get real. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look?

That makes it a bit frightening to many to see this from a man who has many powers and could have so much be in charge of our country.

People are amazed at what Joseph Biden says when he opens mouth, because his foots seems to enter a few too many times.
And this cannot be said as well for any other politician? This cannot be said eventually for the previous President? And he was in charge at the time. Don't be ridiculous.
 geeleebee
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 8:19:21 PM

...because his foots seems to enter a few too many times...

His 'foots'?

Joe Biden might sound like a dope once in a while, but he is far from the incompetent that some would make him out to be.

Vice President Dan Quayle:

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system"
 calisto04
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:05:59 AM

It might be funny to some, but Joseph Biden is 2nd in control of our country, and could be a deciding vote in the Senate, not to mention other areas this guy is and could be in control of.
But it was okay 6 years ago when the man who was a heart beat from the presidency said it?

http://joi.ito.com/weblog/2004/06/26/potty-mouth-che.html
Potty mouth Cheney
Jun 26, 2004 - 21:16

Washington Post
"On Tuesday, Cheney, serving in his role as president of the Senate, appeared in the chamber for a photo session. A chance meeting with Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (Vt.), the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, became an argument about Cheney's ties to Halliburton Co., an international energy services corporation, and President Bush's judicial nominees. The exchange ended when Cheney offered some crass advice.

'Fvck yourself,' said the man who is a heartbeat from the presidency."

...Even if the Senate were in session, the vice president, though constitutionally the president of the Senate, is an executive branch official and therefore free to use whatever language he likes."

And this is the administration that's trying to prevent you from saying "fvck" on TV.

So, were those who are incensed about Biden's "F" bomb just as incensed with Cheney's intentional "fvckup"?

At least there is one thing that can be said: President Obama has nothing to hang his head about in his choice of a VP.
 killene
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/26/2010 11:21:25 AM

But it was okay 6 years ago when the man who was a heart beat from the presidency said it?

NO it is not okay, regardless of political party or who you are to be vulgar on national TV, intentionally or intentionally.

I think you will find that just as many were angry with Richard Cheney's outburst(me included) as with Joseph Biden's...

That's why the NBC video is the best story on it yet...shows that many have done it on both sides(Democrats and Republicans) but that it is not respectably appropriate and sends the wrong message to everyone, especially our youth.
 starrybug12
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/26/2010 12:46:34 PM
It is kinda odd that Dan Quale is no longer the worst vice president in history. lol. I think it is safe to say that Biden has aquired that title by leaps and bounds. The thing is, he still has three more years to add to his stupidity. Go Joe Go!!!
Now we just have to wait for Obama to surpass Carter as the worst president. Of course FDR held the title for a short period, but then redeemed himself by actually fighting a war to win and winning. Then of course, came Jimmy. Only those who lived through that period can begin to understand haw bad he was. Now is Obama chasing Jimmy's heels. I don't think he is going to have any opportunity to redeem himself. He will simply be remembered as the guy who made it worse. Much, Much worse. Lol
 unclecharles
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/26/2010 12:51:34 PM
only from the opinon of someone on the right do we have someone actually saying Biden is worse than quale...I am sure from most posters in here as well as in the real world we all know that is just plain ole bullisht.....and you are equally wrong on Obama too ...one would argue already with the passage of universal healthcare to all americans that he's already mentioned with the greatest presidents of alltime...all he has to do is stabilze the economy and continue to crush the republicans and that title is safe and secure...but hey keep on talking about reupublican polling numbers as how they feel about Obama and Biden and the rest of us will continue to get a good laugh and call you out on your bullisht
 killene
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:06:19 PM

It is kinda odd that Dan Quale is no longer the worst vice president in history. lol. I think it is safe to say that Biden has aquired that title by leaps and bounds. The thing is, he still has three more years to add to his stupidity
Now we just have to wait for Obama to surpass Carter as the worst president. Of course FDR held the title for a short period, but then redeemed himself by actually fighting a war to win and winning. Then of course, came Jimmy. Only those who lived through that period can begin to understand haw bad he was. Now is Obama chasing Jimmy's heels. I don't think he is going to have any opportunity to redeem himself. He will simply be remembered as the guy who made it worse. Much, Much worse. Lol

Looks like Joseph Biden is still holding in the polls, even higher approval percentages then the president.

Apparently it took both James Quayle and Richard Cheney a few years to reach their lows in the approval polls, with Richard Cheney actually has been and is the most visible of all of the past three vice presidents, especially vocally.

Biden's Watchdog Role May Have Bite
Vice President Biden, the anointed "Sheriff" of the stimulus is well rated generally in a new Washington Post-ABC News poll, with public opinion driven by the views of the administration's economic programs as well as the usual sharp partisan lines.
Overall, 55 percent approve of the way the Vice President is handling his job, 33 percent disapprove, similar to an August 2001 reading on former vice president****Cheney from CBS News (53 percent approved) but a bit lower than a Post-ABC reading on Bush's number two from April of that year (64 percent approved). http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/07/bidens-watchdog-role-may-have.html

Polls: Cheney Nears Quayle as Least Popular Veep
By MEGAN THEE
Vice President****Cheney’s popularity has hit an all-time low, with recent polling by The New York Times and CBS News suggesting that he has replaced Dan Quayle as the most unpopular vice president in recent history.
Two polls taken in May and June reveal an erosion of Mr. Cheney’s base of support — seen in both his job approval rating and his favorability. Just 28 percent of those polled in June approve of the job Mr. Cheney is doing, while 59 percent disapprove — a reading similar to that of President Bush. (In July, 1992, Dan Quayle’s job approval rating reached an all-time low with 63 percent of the public disapproving of the job he was doing as vice president.) http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/07/09/polls-cheney-nears-quayle-as-least-popular-veep/

Have you seen the Billboard with President James Carter saying "They Can't Call Me The Worst President Anymore!"

Although President Barack Hussein Obama's approval is lower than President James Earl Carter 's was when he left, our current president has not hit resident James Earl Carter 's low of 38% yet.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/billboard-attack-president-obama-10147284?&clipId=10147284&playlistId=10147284&cid=siteplayer

Overall the Vice President has a better approval rating that the President.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:28:55 PM

Have you seen the Billboard with President James Carter saying "They Can't Call Me The Worst President Anymore!"

Although President Barack Hussein Obama's approval is lower than President James Earl Carter 's was when he left, our current president has not hit resident James Earl Carter 's low of 38% yet.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/billboard-attack-president-obama-10147284?&clipId=10147284&playlistId=10147284&cid=siteplayer

Can you ever get down to reality?

Have you forgotten what happened with your last Republican president?

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/16/opinion/polls/main4728399.shtml

That makes president Carter assertion very truthful.
 killene
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:58:22 PM

Can you ever get down to reality?
Have you forgotten what happened with your last Republican president?
Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/16/opinion/polls/main4728399.shtml
That makes president Carter assertion very truthful.

OT
Although I did not vote for our last Republican President it did he actually had the highest rating of any president...Even after declaring war on Iraq, the previous president hit another high with his approval ratings starting to go down almost 2 months later, reaching the 50% ratings the first few months of 2004.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=19
All one has to do is listen to the CBS reporters to know they got the gist of the billboard...

ON Topic --- A poster asserted as to our VP's current approval ratings which I researched and found to be currently higher than the previous 3 presidents and the president. It does appear by the Washington Post article our Current VP and past VP have not that much different approval % ratings for this point of their terms in office.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/07/bidens-watchdog-role-may-have.html
 cupani67
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/26/2010 5:04:09 PM

It is kinda odd that Dan Quale is no longer the worst vice president in history. lol. I think it is safe to say that Biden has aquired that title by leaps and bounds.
He has? When did that happen?

LMAO. Such wishful thinking. I hope that helps you to sleep better, thinking and wishing for the President to fail.

Hate is a pretty intense emotion. Hate can eat you alive. Good luck with that.

I think it's hilarious and apparently a lot of others do as well. Lighten up already and get a life.

And what's with all these people and their fascination with polls?
 cotter
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 2:27:08 PM

I think you will find that just as many were angry with Richard Cheney's outburst(me included) as with Joseph Biden's...
Well it's good to see that some are not considering this a bipartisan issue.

I do wonder if a lot of the incensed attitude that many are expressing might just be some sort of "put on" ... sort of putting on a show.

I don't think it's such a big deal ... especially when just loudly whispered. It's the "shout-outs" that I consider for inappropriate.
 starrybug12
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/29/2010 4:15:11 PM
Teabaggers are a bit thin-skinned if that's all it takes to insult one of 'em.

I will presume that you do not know what is meant by "teabagger". It is not related to the term "tea party" in any way. If you find that term to be a compliment, then start calling your boss and the local policemaen that name. See how they feel about it. Lol. Otherwise, feel free to call me by my name. And I will do the same for you. I prefer that we stick to the debate and not sink to childish name calling. I'm not saying that you would use that term, I am simply saying that insults from any poster are not helpful in any way.
Whatever happened to the Democratic party being the party of love and compassion? I think that era died with JFK. There is far to much hate from the liberal side of the debate.
 starrybug12
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/29/2010 5:09:21 PM
Hmmm . . Republicans set slaves free. Passed the civil rights act. Cut taxes. Created jobs. And many more things. The Dems, used to be for the people but now they are for control of the people. They have been taken over by the socialist and the communist. They say "Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you". Lol. Anyway it has changed since JFK has it not?
Anyway, back to Biden. Looks like he is going to make it through today without saying something stupid, Four days in a row. Go Joe!
 killene
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:12:21 PM

Barack Obama is not a 'technical' president. He is the duly elected President of the United States of America

Dang = I thought everyone knew that he was the duly elected and sworn president of our country. Don't think I saw any posts in any threads , except msg 113 in this thread saying anything about "technical" President.

Barack Hussein Obama was duly sworn in as president on January 20, 2009 by Chief Justice of the United States John G. Roberts, Jr. in Washington, D.C.

On January 20, 2009 Joseph Robinette Biden was also properly sworn in and by Associate Justice John Paul Stevens as Vice President of our country.

As to the relationship between the president and vice president that seems to change depending on who one talks to, what administration one is talking about and if they are on the campaign trail.

Joseph Biden has been heard referring to the president formally and informally as his boss, his friend, his partner, Mr. President and I assume others could add to this list.

Following are just a couple of the remarks Joseph Biden has made regarding the president.

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

"Barack Obama is probably the most exciting candidate that the Democratic or Republican Party has produced at least since I've been around," Biden said on the call. "And he's fresh. He's new. He's smart. He's insightful. And I really regret that some have taken totally out of context my use of the world 'clean.'"
Biden said he was referring to a phrase used by his mother.
"My mother has an expression: clean as a whistle, sharp as a tack," Biden said.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

Obama was the first president in decades not to attend the Gridiron Club dinner during his first year in office. He spent the weekend at Camp David with his family, skipping the Saturday night event because he was busy preparing for Easter, Biden said.
"He thinks it's about him," Biden said of the holiday. http://www.gopusa.com/news/2009/march/0323_biden_obama.shtml

cotter
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:38:04 PM

Dang = I thought everyone knew that he was the duly elected and sworn president of our country. Don't think I saw any posts in any threads , except msg 113 in this thread saying anything about "technical" President.
Really? So then who is the magical "mystery writer" of message 106 if it's not Ms. "killene"? Where did those words "technical boss" ... right there in the first line of the post ... come from?
From message 106 ...
Hey give Joseph Biden a break, at least he has a better current approval rating as VP then his technical bossthe president does.

And what does any of that have to do with any kind of "Oops" on Joe Biden's behalf?

OT ...
Who cares if he says the "F" word? I think it was hilarious. (But I didn't hear it. I just found out about it on the news.)

It really is no big deal.
It never made anyone go deaf.
It sure never made anyone go blind.
And by the looks of this thread, it never made anyone go mute.

His "fvckup" never killed anyone, or caused them any physical harm in any way.

So what's the "fvcking" big deal?
 geeleebee
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2010 9:29:31 PM

Dang.
I do know who Obama is. And I know what he isn't--he isn't the 'technical' president.

Barack Hussein Obama was duly sworn in as president on January 20, 2009 by Chief Justice of the United States John G. Roberts, Jr. in Washington, D.C.

Really.

On January 20, 2009 Joseph Robinette Biden was also properly sworn in and by Associate Justice John Paul Stevens as Vice President of our country.

Huh. Go figure.

As to the relationship between the president and vice president that seems to change depending on who one talks to, what administration one is talking about and if they are on the campaign trail.

You are the only one who seems to question who the president is.

Joseph Biden has been heard referring to the president formally and informally as his boss, his friend, his partner, Mr. President and I assume others could add to this list.

And?

Following are just a couple of the remarks Joseph Biden has made regarding the president.

Fascinating trip down memory lane.

Your point?
 killene
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/29/2010 9:30:51 PM
There is a big difference between the words "technical Boss" and the words...used in msg 113....
Barack Obama is not a 'technical' president.

Some just jump to conclusions about what comes/came out of a President's and/or VP's mouth without even totally checking their information . Currently with most President's and VP's, including Joseph Biden there is You Tube.
Msg: 25
Sorry Cotter, according to fact check the story you posted is highly unlikely.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_president_bush_call_the_constitution_a.html

There's no record of Bush ever using these words in public and no other news organization has reported him using them privately. Thompson based his report on three sources whom he didn't name. He gave the date of the quote as "last month," which would put it sometime in November 2005.

Hey Joseph Biden is the "Technical Boss of the senate", whereas some people call this role of the VP -- "President of the Senate", though convention does not give him too much real power over what the senate actually passes when there is a tie, just as the president can't do think like fire the VP without just legislative cause and approval.

We find in the constitution the VP is given 3 formal duties/roles

"The Constitution gives the vice president the role of presiding over the Senate, and voting in the Senate if there is a tie. The vice president's only other formal responsibility is taking over the presidency if the president dies.

Over the years the role of the VP has changed and varied, usually depending on who the president was and/or who the Vice president was .

Presiding over the Senate means basically running the debates and overseeing operations there, Brace said. Many veeps have skipped even that responsibility, he said, only showing up on the rare occasions a tie-breaker is needed.
Historically, the vice president's level of government involvement has varied. More recently, second-in-commands have taken a more hands-on role, Brace said, with Al Gore, and perhaps Cheney, being some of the most active.
John Nance Gardner, Franklin D. Roosevelt's VP, was one of the least involved, and famously said the vice presidency wasn't worth "a warm bucket of spit." (Reporters allegedly changed the spelling of the last word for print).
"The role is ambiguous, it's changed over time," Brace told LiveScience. "Traditionally, they didn’t give speeches, they didn't travel, they were figureheads. They were lying in wait for the presidency. It's more important now because presidents are seeking any way they can to mobilize public support. Vice presidents can be an instrument in their efforts to reach out to the public."
http://www.livescience.com/culture/081003-vice-president-role.html

In looking at Joseph Biden as Vice President his role has varied from other VPs and while in office, just as his formal and informal relationship with the president has.

Prior to being chosen as the Vice Presidential Candidate Joseph Biden opened his mouth a whole lot about the president with some not too positive comments.

Biden on Obama
August 24, 2008

While competing with Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination, Senator Joe Biden had some less-than-glowing comments:

Feb. 2007 on Obama's appeal: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean that's a storybook, man."

Aug. 2007 on Obama's experience: "I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training."

Aug. 2007 on Obama's threat to go into Pakistan after Al Qaeda: "The way to deal with it is not to announce it, it's to do it. . . . The last thing you want to do is telegraph to the folks in Pakistan that we're about to violate . . . their sovereignty."

Aug. 2007 on Obama's pledge to meet with leaders of rogue nations: "Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was president? Absolutely, positively no."

Sept. 2007 on Obama's Iraq plan: "My impression is he thinks that if we leave, somehow the Iraqis are going to have an epiphany. I've seen zero evidence of that." http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/08/24/biden_on_obama?mode=PF

And even with all his bloopers and gaffes, Joseph Biden still has a decent approval rating, especially in comparison to the President, Congress over all and his political party the Democrats.
 cotter
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:15:45 AM

Really? So then who is the magical "mystery writer" of message 106 if it's not Ms. "killene"? Where did those words "technical boss" ... right there in the first line of the post ... come from?

So are you gonna "own" it or not?

LMAO ... quoting what someone else wrote back on the first page of this thread does not take away your ownership of the "technical" President message.

I wonder ... what is a "technical" President?

In looking at Joseph Biden as Vice President his role has varied from other VPs and while in office, just as his formal and informal relationship with the president has.
Not that his "role" of VP is of importance, but for certain, I think we can be assured that no matter what little "fvckup" might slip out, at least VP Biden will never be a "torturer" ... and I highly doubt he'll ever manipulate our President into invading a sovereign country. Ya know?
 geeleebee
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:21:36 AM
There is a big difference between the words "technical Boss" and the words...used in msg 113....

Obama is not a 'technical' boss or a 'technical' president.
He is the 'in fact' president--which has what to do with this topic?

Some just jump to conclusions about what comes/came out of a President's and/or VP's mouth without even totally checking their information . Currently with most President's and VP's, including Joseph Biden there is You Tube.

'You Tube'?

..."President of the Senate", though convention does not give him too much real power over what the senate actually passes when there is a tie, just as the president can't do think like fire the VP without just legislative cause and approval.

Yes; you can find that information in any high school civics text book.
How is this relevant to the president being a 'technical' boss, and/or how is it relevant to this topic?

We find in the constitution the VP is given 3 formal duties/roles

Uh, yeah. Ask any high school sophomore about the duties of the president and vice president--they can give you all of that information. And?

And?
Basically--so, what?
What IS your point?

Prior to being chosen as the Vice Presidential Candidate Joseph Biden opened his mouth a whole lot about the president with some not too positive comments.

Go back a few years to the McCain/Bush campaigns--you'll find evidence of some of the ugliest 'not too positive comments' in American political history.
Again--what is your point?

You used the term 'technical boss'.
I am asking for clarification, not a list of synonyms and not a dissertation of the vice president's duties.
What did you mean when you said 'technical boss'?
 killene
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/30/2010 6:55:34 AM
There is even a website dedicated to Joseph Biden bloopers..Called Joe Biden Bloopers

As they said when there is a microphone or camera around our VP there is never a dull or moment.

Guess our poor VP is destined to go down in history as the "Gaffe Machine". or maybe it will eventually be the VP Gaffe Machine or maybe even a Nobel Gaffe Machine Prize .

Oh well elected officials have a special talent and our VP has the talent of opening his mouth and going "Oops I did it Again."

Have you ever wondered why some politicians say the things that they do? Ask them a question and make sure the mic is on and the cameras are rolling. Our 47th Vice President doesn't even need to be asked a question.
Joe Biden consistently opens his mouth with no thought of what he will say, but you have to admit that it makes for great sound bites. Known for his off the wall and unscripted comments, it is only fitting to have a website dedicated to bringing you those unforgettable moments.

There is never a dull moment when Joe sees a microphone or tv camera. His comments have led many to classify him as the ultimate "gaffe machine". To say that he is a loose canon is an understatement. After being a politician for over two decades, you would think that he would be more cautious with his responses. Then again if he was, he would be a bore and we can't have that now, can we?

This site is solely intended for humor. We invite you to send us any humorous video(s) that you have encountered that's not on this site.http://joebidenbloopers.com/
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > VP Joe Biden....