Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thumper*
Msg: 60
How many people have you met in person??Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've been on here since 2005....can't beleive it's been that long.
Dated a couple of great guys from here for a while.

But I met the greatest group of rainbow girls, wish I could see them more.

I think I've met around 500 people or so....but only about 60 or so that I would recognize. Who'd of thought, you'd meet a ton of friends on a dating site???

I think I only met one wack job.....oh and a spazzy one too....
 meat me
Msg: 61
How many people have you met in person??
Posted: 9/5/2009 12:31:30 PM
Real people have germs, some of them even smell !
 mo-mo
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/5/2009 1:06:18 PM
Define "met" Please ? Does sleeping with them mean you have met ?
 Alli_oop
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/5/2009 7:10:53 PM
Not sure, but near 8-10. Very nice people ad all, never an uncomfortable experience, just not that chemistry required you know. No hard feelings.
 Moanie
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:54:26 AM
msg 72

SORRY Mr. Perfect,

Did I offend you in some way. I didn't meant to do anything of the kind. If you have an objection with something I wrote, it would be easier if you addressed that :)

edit:
I just went back and reread your post lol I may have interpreted that wrong! Really I should wait until I am more awake before responding :)
 Moanie
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/6/2009 2:21:26 PM
Tooo Funny !!!! :)
 Worse Than Ever
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:18:47 PM
has anyone seen my minion? he has the abacus...brian? i thought you told me your name was Sven! quit hassling these women and slope your way back to the dungeons...how does this look to the other minions - you just swanning around, doing what you like? eh? why i oughta....
The PMS Super Ho
 white_flag
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/5/2010 6:32:42 PM
Haven't met anyone on here in a very long time.
 CrazySnakeGuy
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/6/2010 12:39:57 AM
This site seems to be an odd duck. In my last account, which was "normal", I met probably 5 or 6 women. They all said "friends" or "dating" but the only thing they were looking for was "the one" and so we never clicked as I've always selected "friends" or "hang out". One actually seemed to be looking for friends but she's faded away.

Now, with my new account and my less-than-conventional profile (go read it. I dare you), while it's quite new and I've yet to meet anyone in person, it's gotten much more interest. That being said, I've found far more women are inclined to never want to meet anyone from POF, despite what their profiles say. What a waste of time!
 *Rock*
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/11/2010 3:37:34 PM
I met many pof members at the functions in years past, was a very sociable group that used to hang out at them, as for one-on-one, a few, some not worthy of mentioning, but this last special person i have met, was the best of all....
 Ed Bear
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2010 2:10:47 PM
It's almost three years I've been swimming among these fish. We are of unending variety and diversity! I'd never attempted any sort of personal ads, dating services or online sites before. I'll only count women here, which leave a pretty short list.

At the two events I attended, there were two women, one of whom I'd known casually for years. I didn't speak to the other one, as she was surrounded by layers of men.

My messages are all individual and detailed, so I don't send that many. Replies are predictably few.

In my first year, I had a "friends" meeting with someone I'd traded messages with for a long while (she'd contacted me first). It was a pleasant afternoon out in the country, about three hours from home. Also four meetings with someone who asked to meet me in her first contact. Liked her, but she chose another Fish. Then there was a person I traded only a couple of messages with who recognized me out in the real world - on two occasions!

That's three so far.

In the second year, I e-mailed someone who lived two blocks from me. She agreed to meet immediately but it was instantly obvious that booze was her life, and it wasn't mine. The next one wanted to meet immediately but spent the whole time asking me how to meet other guys. I urged her to remove some of the obvious lies on her profile.

That's five so far.

This year, I spotted another person I'd known for a quarter-century, but won't count her as a Fish Met Person. Then there was one who I saw for a few months, and one for a day trip to her town.

Seven in all. While plenty of people have told me a woman would have to be crazy to want me in any way, I'd only really consider two of them nuts. Probably more of them would think that way of me.
ED BEAR
 *Imperfection*
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/1/2010 7:58:33 PM
Im with Rock... (well not 'with' ~winkwink~ but you know what I mean ;o)

Honestly, I couldnt even take a guess. But I love the social aspect. Ive met many, many great people... social acquaintances, dates, msn chatters, close friends, the list goes on.
 samadongshi2
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/2/2010 5:10:12 PM
tons n tons of great awesome pple !! it's a matter of networking, marketing urself and taking the risk no matter how big or small. The hard numbers .. mmm 100 pple just to be on the safe side. How many dates... 50 lets say and NOPE not a SERIAL dating thank you very much. Just a socialable person with an enigmatic personality.
Yes, I'm Aquarius if you must know!
 liltruckerboy
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/7/2010 12:43:52 PM
I'm trying to think back. I actually recently had a long term relationship with someone I met here on POF end. Prior to meeting her, I think I met about 4 people. Since being single again, I have met 2 or 3 people.
 mimco88
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:45:10 AM
ive met two men..both were fails..meeting a third one soon :)
 worth_the_effort
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/13/2012 4:07:36 PM
met two men.

first one was cute, nice guy, good chemistry....waaaaay too flakey. (the type that says 'let's meet after work, I'll call you by 3:30'...by 5 you haven't heard and you don't until a few days later. He did that one too many times for me..lol.

The 2nd one, again, nice guy, went out a few times, had fun. He had some..ahem...honesty issues..but for some reason I gave him a 2nd, 3rd chance. Last time I heard from him he called at 11am said he really wanted to see me..we were gonna meet at 8pm. (due to his history, I said..call me when you're on the way..he agreed)...that was a month ago! lol

I'm thinking there just aren't any honest guys out there!
 honest_native4u
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/1/2012 2:17:26 AM
zilch, nada, zero, oh well
 Dmytro_Stad
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:08:48 AM
Four women,
although those were on a previous account back in 2009.

I never needed this website when I was a student in Victoria, it was a smaller town, the culture is different on the island, the campus was full of single women from throughout Canada and the nightlife was friendlier.

Back in Richmond -

My current profile is just a month old and I haven't been successful in meeting a single person yet. I had tried everything with my profile, from longer descriptive paragraphs to even a YouTube video ('maybe if the woman heard my voice...' - nope).

I guess there could be some errors with my decision to be on this website. Maybe looking for a relationship during the winter is a bad idea. Or perhaps I've been shooting too high and instead should appeal to the lowest common denominator (if pretending to be a gangster, downplaying my intelligence by pretending to have terrible grammar and spelling and pretending to like crap music will get me a girl, albeit a trashy one... )

Probably never will, I get the sense that Richmond is a minisculepool of fish (I don't date interracial) and contacting someone from outside the suburb can be wasted energy. Typing this out is more therapeutic then anything else. I will go delete my profile soon and will sign up again during the summertime.
 Aevalise
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/14/2012 6:25:39 AM
Well, since rejoining, I have met up with 9 guys.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 11:18:15 AM
No wonder you're sticking your tongue out at us in that photo, Aevalise!
ED BEAR
 Aevalise
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:56:09 PM
LOL...didn't say I did anything more than that!
They were mostly coffee meet ups.
Only 2 progressed to multiple dates.
And both of those have died off....
 langfordclassnsass
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2012 8:04:27 PM
I would say I "meet" about one every month or two, usually just a first or second date. That of course is after weeding out the uhmm undesirables.

I figure get out and meet people, you might have fun. I try to look at a meet as a opportunity to meet good people, not necessarily as a potential partner. So with that I have met some good friends, good times, interesting people, people who have taught me something, and even have hooked up my friend with a guy I thought she would really like.

So ..I welcome new meets...and sees.
 Angela_Amazing
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/15/2012 6:36:10 AM
I met one person on here, that was a while back. I am open to meeting more people. I don't think I will meet many though, as many of the profiles I am matched with can't even spell properly in their profile, and what does that say about them? First impressions are a big thing.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2012 5:17:16 AM
Been on this site, oh, a little less than a year. Haven't met anyone through the site yet--I tend to only contact those I find really interesting, so I may have missed some of those who are less discriminating--but I have found a few people on here I know from elsewhere and have met (but would like to date as well).
 OkanaganLady01
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 3:46:05 PM
I have been on for a few months, and met 3 people.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >