Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 31
How do you get more people to view your profile?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hmmmmm...........Maybe run thru here naked?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 32
view profile
History
How do you get more people to view your profile?
Posted: 9/23/2016 12:16:01 PM
PHOTOS - PHOTOS - PHOTOS
At least 5 photos, and change a couple every month, or rotate the primary photo. When people seen new photos, they look at the profile.

NO PHOTOS = NO LOOKS
 browneyesboo
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/23/2016 12:49:04 PM
I would say photos as well.
When you change them up, people think you're a new profile.

People need to like what they see in order to bother clicking on
your profile, unfortunately.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/23/2016 1:52:15 PM

Post a picture of yourself with your new $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari, and an open briefcase full of $100. oo bills.

And what about becoming a serious member?

Why pay for rejection when you already get an abundance for free?

Just wanted a little feedback on how to get the best out of this site.

I hear you.
But unless you are 6 feet tall and over, look like a male model, and drive the aforementioned Ferrari LaFerrari, it's all a big crapshoot no matter what you do.

Cheers.

A great show.
NOORRRMM!

vvvvvvvvv

Got Milk?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/23/2016 1:58:32 PM
All I know is when I get really bored I unhide my profile and post this picture. Not sure if anyone reads the profile, but it would seem as though every man who catches a glimpse of the picture messages me. (I'm not sure why I've lost interest in dating?)
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/23/2016 5:01:56 PM
The most reliable way to get someone to view your profile is to send them a message.

A catchy main photo will get more views than an ordinary one. I get more views if my main photo is with dogs. Some of the gals who view me might not necessarily be interested; they just want to see photos of the furbabies.

A catchy headline might get more views. Instead of saying a typical "Looking for a good girl", say "Looking for a bad girl".
 hemingway234
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:14:22 AM
Update your profile, it pushes it toward the top of the list on some dating sites. Make sure you have your best possible pic. Loging in gives you a boost also.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:03:07 AM
I tend to click on cleavage...
 Maleman999
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:52 AM

Make sure you have your best possible pic.

The problem is, I don't remember where I put my Polaroid camera or my 110 Instamatic.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/24/2016 12:20:12 PM
B00bs work, I just can't find a second idiot to pose with
 south_city
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/25/2016 9:12:09 PM
Add new pictures. Or at least change the primary picture.
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/26/2016 1:28:27 PM
Post a picture holding a lottery ticket, and say in the profile "I don't know what to do with all of this money that I won".
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/26/2016 7:49:26 PM
For a guy show your abs and how well you do. The better looking you are the more you will be forgiving if you not doing so well. More ugly guys better do well. I mean real well.
If you ugly and broke... I got no advice for you, you are bat out of luck. Get off the bus, find an old woman and keep telling her how young she looks. Don't go over board with it. Or she might dump you thinking she really does look so young. just to find out that out in real life she is just another one of the old women. Now you both end up with nothing.

For a woman its easy boobs and bikini shoots. If you cant rock boobs and bikini then you got a problem. Go for old ugly farts. you can try and go for the ones who have money but you might have to go real old. Guys have that thing that when they have some money they think every woman wants them lol. Keep telling them how much you like them and how attractive they are... Don't go over board on that. As they might think they can get that real hot girl with the bikini.
who is going to laugh at them and ruin his ego.

What can throw everything out the window. Is if you are famous lol then you can be butt ugly and broke. Yet everyone would want to date you.
the other thing for a guy is if you been in jail or in a gang. Oh I seen some certified crazy our of there mind guys who date real hot and educated women.. Women seem to go for that, they love the crazy guys.

For a woman you can be out of mind nuts. Guys like crazy women, they keep saying something to do with sex. You will be surprised what guys will put up with for crazy sex.

You need to adverise one or two selling points on your profile. A tiger or a lion in the first pic always seem to get some attention. Take a pic from the top so all we can see are big boobs just make sure we don't notice that the stomach sticking about 4 in in front of the boobs. Guys you can always take a pic in front some very expensive car that you were lucky to even see that one time in your life. Just make sure it looks as if its yours. You can always explain the car on the second date.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/26/2016 8:31:11 PM

For a woman you can be out of mind nuts. Guys like crazy women...

Hasn't worked for me. And I always ask to see a bikini pic. Your advice sucks.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:50:23 AM

Get off the bus, find an old woman and keep telling her how young she looks. Don't go over board with it. Or she might dump you thinking she really does look so young. just to find out that out in real life she is just another one of the old women. Now you both end up with nothing.

Um...yeah...I'm an "old woman". I an only get ugly guys?
Not that there's anything wrong with that I guess.
 hemingway234
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:40:04 AM
You know what's good about marrying an ugly man? - if he ever leaves you, who cares?!
 EvansFromHeaven
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2017 9:39:49 PM
Try this tip: Message only women who are Online Now. Here is why https://www.scrapersnbots.com/software/pof-auto-message-sender/#pofonlinenow
 hemingway234
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/20/2017 3:21:36 AM

Try this tip: Message only women who are Online Now. Here is why - spambot site

- a program to randomly message women sounds great, but you might get some unwanted attention.....just wait until you pick up a 300 pound stalker!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 5:56:09 PM

- a program to randomly message women sounds great, but you might get some unwanted attention.....just wait until you pick up a 300 pound stalker!

Well, not randomly -- just all of them, when newly Online. :)

It's a good idea. There was a Firefox Plug-In which would automatically hit Yes on the POF Matches over and over and over again. Saves a lot more time than avoiding a 300lb stalker who wants you in their bellay.
 Cynderella
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 6:17:42 PM
A 300lb stalker at 6'6" might work
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 8:46:16 PM

just wait until you pick up a 300 pound stalker!

Everyone already has.

His name is Santa Claus:

"He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake"
 Cynderella
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2017 9:16:47 PM
Ya and he sneaks around
your house in the middle
of the night stealing milk
and cookies....puts the cookie
monster to shame.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2017 3:27:33 PM

Ya and he sneaks around
your house in the middle
of the night stealing milk
and cookies....puts the cookie
monster to shame.

And he also touches you at night, too. For 5 years, Santa would tell me to be quiet as he snuck in my room to give me a "private" present, and not to tell mom & dad. Luckily I caught on to his tricks a few years ago, and blocked him! Dunno why he told me not to tell mom & dad, though... it's not like I live with them anymore.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/1/2017 11:19:20 AM
Santa jerked you off??
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 12:54:55 PM

Santa jerked you off??

Xmas time is the time of giving! ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >