Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 30
Changing your TypePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

I used to think short men were cute.
But it seemed that each one was mean & then progressively meaner.

So I agree, tall men overall are nicer. The world has been kinder to them.

I know plenty of tall men that are mean jerks as well. But unlike short men, it's not attributed to their height.
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 31
Changing your Type
Posted: 11/26/2015 8:05:20 AM

In my industry a woman needs to work an extra 101 days to earn the same as a man earns in a year.

Would you trade a few years of life expectancy for a raise now?
 Chromis1
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:46:48 AM

sexy ... accountants

Two words not often seen in the same sentence.
 spot4username
Msg: 33
Changing your Type
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:11:55 AM

Would you trade a few years of life expectancy for a raise now?

In a New York minute.
 Strings6
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 11/30/2015 3:12:50 PM
These threads often seem to suggest that the key to happiness is having what you don't want and are not attracted to as an exercise in character building or eating the same food you don't like until you like it or something like that,this may work for the younger folks who can afford to waste some time but after you get some miles and years on you you know or should know what you want and be confident in yourself to pursue it without any apologies....and also willing to be alone with a decent attitude if you cant find it.
 CheezePissa
Msg: 35
Changing your Type
Posted: 11/30/2015 7:48:38 PM
I could never do Chicago style pizza. Too much stuff. Too many ingredients. Too much cheese.

Nope. Simple crust. Lean and mean. A delicate sauce, but it takes mastery to take it there. And the dough is thin and rather crisp. Top quality cheese. I prefer a wood oven and cooked at super high temperatures, but I can handle it when cook in your average pizza place oven. In the end, it's all about the dough.
 Coma_White
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/3/2015 11:03:12 PM
I don't think most men have a type. They'll tell you that they like blonde babes, and then an Asian woman walks by and they get aroused. I've never had a type beyond women that are around the same size as me. I'm not really into people that smoke or go to bars all the time, so I guess that's a type too.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 37
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 8:06:16 AM
When browsing profiles a few days ago, I came across this guy who made my neck snap. His face was mesmerizing, totally my type, couldn't stop looking at it. His facial features look so much like someone I used to be crazy about. My hormones just surged when I looked at his pictures. So yes, I most definitely have a type, I can't just turn it off. Sadly, I don't think I'm his - he looked at my profile but never messaged me :-(.
 Chromis1
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 8:13:35 AM

Sadly, I don't think I'm his - he looked at my profile but never messaged me :-(.

Messaging him is out of the question?
 joeprscop
Msg: 39
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 8:18:27 AM
I have a type.

Sweet. Open . Sensitive. intelligent.

Anything but were always deal breakers.

I have dated lots of women in my life before marriage . . . those who lasted more than a few dates had all of these characteristics.

Other than that . . . any fit, healthy woman who limits the amount of makeup because she is naturally attractive . . . and who is tattoo free, is a potential type . . . at least for me.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 40
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 8:34:18 AM
Messaging him is out of the question?

---

I very rarely message guys first. The few times that I did, they either didn't write back or they thought I was desperate. If a guy is really interested, they will make the first move - simple as that. Sure, they might respond if a woman messages first, but it's only because they have nothing better going on at the moment, so no, I won't do that again.
 Chromis1
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 8:47:28 AM
Well, ok, but I disagree with that approach and I would especially disagree in this instance, where this guy appears to be exactly your type.

Men get rejected all the time and it can be debilitating. You don't like rejection, either ... who does? In my case I now quickly calculate my odds of getting a response. If the odds seem poor, I pass. Why get slapped in the face again? The woman I've started dating - this was exactly the case. Never thought I'd get a response but one day, after seeing her profile for almost a year, I said "screw it, at least I'll be able to scratch her off my list". Well, Lo and Behold.

If a guy is really interested, they will make the first move - simple as that.

It's not that simple. For all you know, he's seen your profile and concluded "she'll never respond - I don't feel like taking a beating today".
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:09:12 PM
i'll give the same advice I get--if he isn't interested, sending an email makes him no less interested. can't go any further than he already is. BUT....what's life without gambling?

of course, in my case, half-interest tends to lead to me buying dinner and getting no dessert. but hey, not everyone has to have my luck, right? :)
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:25:40 PM
Hi! I would normally agree with you, really. Sometimes if I look at someone's profile they will message me pretty quickly because I guess guys don't get many "views"? So, like you, I usually don't message first.

But just 2 weeks ago I messaged a guy who is 34 (I'm 47) and only because his profile was great..all about the things we all complain about on here - and how he couldn't believe society has become so flippant, pof making him practically lose his faith in humanity, the STUPID constant texting with the eventual "ghosting" without ever meeting, and on. and on. I could have written it. You get the picture.

Anyway, I just said "hey, just a quick note to tell you that I couldn't agree with you more about what you wrote in your profile"

well, lo and behold, he messaged me and we met 3 days later..he is very sweet, cute, polite, and have gone out 4 times already..and he calls when he says he will and all that good old stuff that I am used to from 25 years ago. His last long term gf of 6 years is my age, so that won't be an issue (I don't find it is really, ever) We are even planning a weekend getaway for January. We'll see what happens. After months of getting ghosted after many great dates or THREE and "plans", I have lost my trust in what people say. This one just feels better, though.

Point is, ya just never know!
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:27:10 PM
my above post was supposed to be in response to Karma..I tried 'quoting" but it didn't work..
sorry all
 tangofish
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 7:47:14 PM
I met a girl in her 40s who was into psycho analysis, had a ugly dog, and was obsessed with glam rock. She kept trying to convince me to grow my hair out. So I lied and told her I would.

Once during sex, she said something to the effect of "suck on mommy's boob" and I happily obliged, even though I thought it was weird, and still do today.

But I as far as weird goes, I think the glam rock thing was more strange.

Point is, I wish I still had her number even though she made me use a condom.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 46
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 9:23:31 PM

After months of getting ghosted after many great dates or THREE and "plans", I have lost my trust in what people say.

Ghosting is messed up. I stopped dating someone this morning (it was only a few dates) and we had a short respectful conversation. We thanked each other for each other's time. I don't understand why a person can't just say it's over. The other party will be bummed for a couple of days but ultimately it's much better than waiting for calls that won't come. If honesty and respect were more popular, I'd be a much more active dater.
 south_city
Msg: 47
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 9:46:43 PM

I very rarely message guys first. The few times that I did, they either didn't write back or they thought I was desperate.... Sure, they might respond if a woman messages first, but it's only because they have nothing better going on at the moment, so no, I won't do that again.

Lots of assumptions here. I would not think a woman is desperate because she sent the initial email or only respond to her because I had no other options at the moment. The worst thing that could happen is he isn't interested in you. But you wouldn't know that for sure unless you reach out. The majority of my dates / meetings were with women that contacted me first.

If a guy is really interested, they will make the first move - simple as that.

Not always. Maybe he never saw a woman's profile. Or he might think that she wouldn't be interested in him.
 south_city
Msg: 48
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 9:50:24 PM

Ghosting is messed up. I stopped dating someone this morning (it was only a few dates) and we had a short respectful conversation. We thanked each other for each other's time. I don't understand why a person can't just say it's over. The other party will be bummed for a couple of days but ultimately it's much better than waiting for calls that won't come. If honesty and respect were more popular, I'd be a much more active dater.

I agree. In particular when you agree to go out on another date and later change your mind. If you are upfront with tact, then the other person will know and can move on sooner. Even a "white lie" is better than the "disappearing act".
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 49
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 10:26:03 PM
I went ahead and messaged him. I'm happy to report that he responded right away and we've exchanged a few messages. HOpefully this will lead to a date, he is so my type. Oh, and exactly my age (for the haters who always accuse me of only dating younger guys).
 NJgirl116
Msg: 50
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 10:27:30 PM
Who him? What are you talking about?
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 51
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/4/2015 10:37:40 PM
Referring to my message #40 and the few that followed.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/5/2015 10:39:04 AM
Woo!! Good for you Karma..told ya! Life never ceases to suprise:)

and don't worry about the "haters" Guess they'd really hate me..all the guys I go out with are between 33 and 40.
I didn't start out on here for it to be that way, but lots of factors ended up contributing to it.

1. I have no kids, so more of these guys don't and can do more things that I like to do/be spontaneous/travel
2. I look young genetically, and am I sorry, but that whole "guys age better thing?" LOL! Pleeease..Because I haven't seen it..not at all. Many of the 42-50 year old guys I met looked very old/grandfatherly.
3. I get along better with the young ones cause I still love going out drinking/dancing/bars/games and can stay up all night..and like it.

so, to each their own..and it's funny, because men have been dating younger for ages and liking it..now I can see why:)

great forum! Lots of differing opinions..
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/6/2015 1:51:01 AM
Well, young blonde women probably earn a little more lol! Those hired by men of course. I got a job once because I had the biggest boobs of all the applicants the boss told me. Just as well I could do the work. lol!!

Sexy and accountant in the same breath??? Never met one lol!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Changing your Type
Posted: 12/6/2015 1:55:06 AM
Karma,

if the guy was that good looking, chances are it was a fake profile anyway or he is a sociopath like the younger guy from the military you talked about, right and who I am guessing he reminded you of, right??? Comfort yourself with that thought...lol!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >