Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Important is Sex in a Relationship????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TravelingLight
Msg: 103
How Important is Sex in a Relationship????Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Sexual compatibity is very important to a relationship. That doesn't mean that every relationship needs to be extremely sexual. Some couples are perfectly content to seldom, if ever, have sex. As long as you and your partner are on the same wave length as far as frequency, sexual acts to be performed, what is and isn't off limits, monogamy vs. polyamory , etc., or are willing to compromise, you shouldn't have any problems in that area.

This is the perfect answer, by ForumFilly.

Everyone doesn't have to have a lot of sex, good sex whatever---- sometimes they don't need any sex, but what counts is compatibility.
 kcmegm
Msg: 104
How Important is Sex in a Relationship????
Posted: 12/25/2009 1:39:59 PM
if your in love with someone and you have sex it wont matter if you love them it will be good. or you know some people really are not that good at sex but that shouldnt stop you from being with someone ..if they are bad then practice! but really it shouldnt be your focus or that important its more like a bonus. i would be happy to be in a relationship with no sex! a healthy relationship doesnt put sex as a number or condition.
 MissBeautiful1
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/1/2010 8:02:04 PM
It rates at a 9/10 for me. It's extremely important. It's another way of bonding with my partner, feeling sexy, wanted, needed and loved and a great way to de-stress and feel in tune to my partner. It allows vulnerability, experimentation, excitement and fun....I love it! I love to please my partner and there are no boundaries (except for third parties or anything OVER the top). I do understand we are busy creatures and we can't spend our lives in the bedroom, but I always make sure my partner and I have sex MINIMUM 4x a week and spice it up where possible.
Trust, communication, honesty and impressing my partner make up my Top 5 most important. You have to be careful- the more the sex wanes in a relationship, I FEEL, the doors may open for temptation elsewhere. I find it VERY important to make sure I am there sexually for my partner.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/6/2010 8:42:01 AM
A relationship Without Sex.....is a _Business_..!!
Sex is the Glue...that holds a _Good_ relationship together...!!
 GentleFunOne
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/6/2010 11:41:07 AM

If sexual desire and sexual activity is the core of a relationship, then that relationship is inherently unstable. Desire will naturally wax with a new lover, then wane with familiarity, obligation, commitment and reality. Quite honestly, an affair outside the committed relationship will always be more fun -- because it is frivilous, new and exciting. It is inherently unfair to make marriage or any committed relationship compete with the sexual excitement and firivilous fun on uncommitted sex. It is simply balderdash to argue that people will seek sex outside of a committed relationship only if something is wrong in the relationship. Sex is inherently a choice -- NOT a need. Food, shelter, clothing and even love are human needs. Sex is a choice. One can decide that a committed relationship is important to their happiness, fullfillment, and is a responsiblity -- so that they choose fidelity. But sex would still only be a minor part of that loving relationship. Consider: no one nurses a spouse through cancer because of sex, no one sacrifices their life for a loved one because of sex. In fact, people eschew sexual desire because of love. Natural attraction to others will occur, but love is about the sacrifice of not pursuing that attraction in hopes of a sexual encounter. Thus, love is about the committment that remains, when sexual desire wanes.
 dishearteneddave
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/4/2013 2:33:14 PM

(Msg #1. Cdeluca0331) On scale of 1 thru 10 how important is sex in a relationship???

Sex is vital to a romantic relationship. It’s not uncommon to hear one say their partner’s habit drives them nuts. The truth is the person had that habit when they met but it never bothered the other individual before. What has changed? Invariably, the sex decreased.

When two people engage in sex it releases hormones. Something physical and measurable happens. Just as any chemical will affect our brain/thinking the same thing happens when chemicals are released during sex.

Some people look at sex as the “icing on the cake”. It’s not the icing. It’s not even the cake. It’s the basic nutritional food required by romantic relationships.

Anyone who has observed body language knows if a person is uncomfortable talking with another they will unconsciously pull their arms closer to their body. If they are wearing a sweater or jacket that opens down the front they will pull the two sides together. In other words they are covering their body for protection. It’s automatic, like a fight or flight response. When engaged in sex we are exposing our body to our partner, the opposite of the above. Our subconscious picks up on that, an evolutionary trait passed down through the ages.

When young couples get married and ask for advice, any tips, I always tell them the same thing. Keep a little pocket sized calendar in the night stand by your bed and checkmark the days/nights you have sex. When you have your first big argument, when you notice your partner is not as loving and attentive and helpful and it seems like they’re drifting away look at the calendar you have by your bed. I guarantee you will see the correlation between those events and the frequency of sex.

Many commonly believe sex wanes due to problems but they have the cause and effect reversed. The waning of sex is what leads to problems. The hormones produced by sex along with just being exposed to your partner affects ones thinking and actions.

Unfortunately, our society has denigrated and ridiculed sex. We’ve made a joke of it. It’s used to sell everything from cars to vacations. On the other hand any serious talk about sex is deemed dirty and we’re witnessing the results in broken marriages/relationships.

Sex is the easiest thing to do to ensure a successful relationship and it has little to do with being "in the mood". When it comes to doing things for ones partner/the relationship I often wonder what mood those folks feel when they clean the bathroom or make supper or do the laundry or wash the dishes/load the dishwasher or clean the snow off their partner's car or cut the lawn or ...... Does anyone ever say, "Wow, I'm in the mood to clean the bathroom! People do all kinds of things for their partner/the relationship but tend to forget the most important one, sex.

Anyone who doesn't believe in the importance of sex I suggest doing a little experiment. If one is in a relationship that is starting to falter set out a reasonable schedule for one month. Whether it's once a day or a couple of times a week follow the schedule for a month and see what happens. Nothing to lose and it is easier than cleaning the bathroom.
 baldguy500
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/5/2013 1:15:10 PM
not too important...if she doesn't put out just end the relationship...unless her daddy is wealthy and she may inherit millions then you might want to keep her around like old luggage
 chris10712567
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 10:47:53 AM
to a guy it is important,a girl maybe.
 chris10712567
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 10:49:56 AM
you are a girl,a guy can't.he will get it one way or another.if you don't belive that you are not thinking stright.
 Blanketthenegitive
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/9/2013 7:28:50 PM
How important is cheese on pizza?
 LeeCoates72
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2013 8:01:48 PM
I have been on both sides of this. Married 8 years to a nympho, that cheated when she didn't get enough. And 12 years to a woman I still love that did not like it, and we fought about it until the day she said she wanted a divorce.

I have learned that a relationship/marriage without sex is just a partnership/friendship. Sex is the physical expression of love. Without it, most relationships do not last. It also depends on the person's level of physical attractiveness to their partner and their own sex drive. I was not that attracted to my 1st wife, and didn't want it all the time. And that lead her to cheat because she loved it, and wanted it 3 to 4 times a day. But, the tables turned in my second marriage. She didn't like it, and used it as a bargaining chip to get me to do things that she knew I would not do normally. It was turned into an adversarial thing. And I had so much bottled up frustration that I come very close to cheating. Not because I didn't Love her, but because I could not stand not being touched and loved by her physically. I was so sexually attracted to her, it drove me insane. And that is something a partner should never experience.

I would say it is a solid 8. Without physical love, what separates a friendship from a relationship or a marriage?
 natgoat227
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 10:53:55 AM
It's an important _Part_ of a _Good Relationship_!!

(IMO)...The biggest part is ~Love~...the sharing, honesty and respect....which makes the ~Icing on the Cake~
just That much more Sweet!!
It's the most erotic way of saying "Thank-you for all the support, help and love you put into "US"...!!!"

*!*
 Stubidooo
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:06:01 AM

The biggest part is ~Love~...the sharing, honesty and respect...

Does saying crap like this get you the girls? Really?

Normal guys just aren't that deep bud and that's just a line. You can see I'm right by just witnessing post after post of women in the forums where sex is pretty much all the guys are thinking about.
 Shorty679
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:13:53 PM
At this point in my life.

Gotta have it. Nuff said.
 RB_64
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:02:17 AM
MUST have sex!!!! Preferably this morning............oh damn, I woke up alone.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 7:48:16 AM
After a previous marriage with little sex, it shares my highest priority level along with true compatibility. Of course, someone truly compatible will also be sexually compatible. Anyway, it's a 10 for both, and I'd rather be single and looking than settle for less. Fortunately, I found my 10-10 and it is by far the best relationship of my life and looks to stay that way.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/11/2013 12:35:00 PM
I have to wonder how many people who put a huge emphasis on sex are coming from a past where the sex was either not so hot or non existent? I wonder if some of the males who place sex as the number one goal came from a past where their wife or significant other stopped enjoying sex or stopped having sex with them because either their own needs were not being met or the relationship was failing. I personally feel it is a very important part of a successful relationship, but if the relationship is lacking in other areas, it will not be the glue to hold it together. In my experience, sex does not just disappear unless there are other problems in the relationship that are either being ignored or avoided. So if this is the case, and both people enjoy sex, why are so many men so overly focused on this rather than developing a relationship that will make the sexual part even better?

I think to push someone into having a sexual relationship before they are ready will not provide the end goal of a good sexual relationship. Having a good foundation, excellent communication mutual respect and love seem to be more successful at creating awesome sex than the other way around. But what do I know? I know from personal experience that sex is only sex without the rest. the rest of the deal make sex more lasting, more fulfilling and yes.. you get it more because she will want it more if emotionally you are connected.. otherwise.. some will never really know what an awesome sexual relationship is all about. JMHO
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM
Sex takes on increasing importance as the amount decreases versus what you want or have had previously, or whenever there is a mismatch in desire.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:25:46 PM
Making love is more important then sex .There is more to a relationship then having sex. Anyone can have sex. Making love is better then sex. I do not care for sex. I do love making love with the right men for me.
 benjameson68
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:35:59 PM
sex in a relationship is very important without sex there really is no relationship
 betrys69
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:37:44 PM
What if the guy isn't putting out no matter what girl tries? Does that mean sex isn't important to him?
 dishearteneddave
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:01:41 PM

(Msg #141. Betrys69) What if the guy isn't putting out no matter what girl tries? Does that mean sex isn't important to him?

Not necessarily. It can depend on if he has problems/worries. It could be due to medication or some health issue. Or low hormones in which case he just doesn't think about it. In any case one should try to satisfy their partner. As I mentioned in msg. #122 we all do things for our partner even when we're "not in the mood".
 gentleplus
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:10:52 PM
I have come to understand that physical intimacy is a tangible celebration of emotional and relational connections.... that being said the most difficult part is finding partner that is mutual to your preferences to express it... ie frequency, type, kinks, preferences, fantasies, health limits, etc
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/13/2013 4:57:08 AM
Message: well if i say what im gonna say i wont get any messages ever again!!!!

It is important down the Line if u are in committed loving relationship. Sure. If guy needs sex all the time n wants to jump like rabbits. Three times a day and we do nothing but havin sex I will walk righ out the door. What happend to other stuff. Now lete ask that. How important in relationship is romance?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/13/2013 5:01:41 AM
The biggest part is ~Love~...the sharing, honesty and respect...

Does saying crap like this get you the girls? Really?

Normal guys just aren't that deep bud and that's just a line. You can see I'm right by just witnessing post after post of women in the forums where sex is pretty much all the guys are thinking about.

Yeah saying to girl that I love her works. Yeah really. No guy ever got it from me before he said he loved me and we were in committees relationship. Sex is about 10 precent if its relly good it might be like 25%. Now romance if ain't there u aim getting none bc there won't be any relationship lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Important is Sex in a Relationship????