Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Important is Sex in a Relationship????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 163
How Important is Sex in a Relationship????Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Next time I have sex or a relationship I'll let you know. I don't recommend anyone hold their breath waiting for either of those things to happen.
 cooldog65
Msg: 164
view profile
History
How Important is Sex in a Relationship????
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:29:11 AM
At this point, ejaculation is important. As long as I get there...
 gtomustang
Msg: 165
They got us coming and going
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:00:56 PM
I suspect that...sex is like water. The less you have, the more you thirst for it. But get too much...and it might become routine, and you want to "experiment" in order to get the rush again. Like tolerance for a drug.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:47:53 PM
spot4username

You have a cute figure why do you avoid the issue on your profile?? It can be seen in the pics. Just wondering.
As we get older it is harder to find someone who has the qualities for a relationship and men in their fifties want younger and if they have money, personality and are fit etc. can get them. I am not attracted to most men my age either so therein lies the dilemma.
 spot4username
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/11/2015 6:12:42 PM

You have a cute figure why do you avoid the issue on your profile?? It can be seen in the pics. Just wondering.

Thank you. I list my weight and date all my photos so I am pretty forthcoming with information in regards to my size.
 gtomustang
Msg: 168
See Spot show off her figure. Show off, Spot, show off!
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:12:12 PM
I'll be a jerk and step in as if spot needs my defense, but I get from her profile that she doesn't focus on her figure the way the younger ladies do b/c she's, well, looking for more depth than the younger ladies do. She offers more, looks for more, and any old codger who offers what she's looking for...isn't blind :) He doesn't need a seeing eye dog to take one look at her photos and go, "hot dog!"

Actually, since the issue got raised...the younger ladies probably could take a lesson from it. A body pic can easily show that someone has a pleasing figure. Five additional shots showing cleavage and "oh, btw this is how my ass looks" is overdoing it, and setting one up for "gosh, why do all these guys just want sex?"
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2015 3:27:29 AM
10. Sex and sexual compatibility are very important in an actual real relationship. My last real relationship ended 10 years ago. I have no interest in sex unless I am in a real mutual relationship, with romance and sane mental compatibility and mutual appeal.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:16:28 AM
It is very important, for me about 7, if he does not have a personality to go with the sex, doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling there is no way the sex will be good. If I care then of course the sex is more giving. It takes some time for women to care about a man, it is not just an immediate thing. Men forget that you have to warm a woman up by being nice, kind and well a little giving. I don't mean buying gifts, a nice bottle of wine, some steaks on a SAt. night and poof the atmosphere is set.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 171
See Spot show off her figure. Show off, Spot, show off!
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:19:19 AM
I'll be a jerk and step in as if spot needs my defense, but I get from her profile that she doesn't focus on her figure the way the younger ladies do b/c she's, well, looking for more depth than the younger ladies do. She offers more, looks for more, and any old codger who offers what she's looking for...isn't blind :) He doesn't need a seeing eye dog to take one look at her photos and go, "hot dog!"
----------
I'm having difficulty understanding why young and caring about one's figure has any correlation with depth or what one has to offer. It's not as if caring about one's figure drastically sucks up any brain power that might otherwise be recruited for deep thinking.
 pepperstrand
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/20/2015 7:19:42 AM
Studies have been done about sex, and well the more often you get it the more you crave it.
 ohenryx
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2015 12:46:42 PM

pepperstrand
Studies have been done about sex, and well the more often you get it the more you crave it.

Which is a "good thing!"

Love is like oxygen
You get too much, you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die
Love gets you high

Anyone else remember that song, from 1978?
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/21/2015 1:14:52 PM

Anyone else remember that song, from 1978?

Oh my god, you're dating me. Hehehe
 sealady111
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/21/2015 10:32:25 PM

And if in a drought, like I am at the moment and the drought breaks???

Watch out.

A relationship without sex is a friend.
I want a lover.
 8inscrew
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/21/2015 11:52:27 PM
I'm a back road sinner at a tent revival.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 177
Posted: 9/22/2015 1:42:15 PM

A relationship without sex is a friend.
I want a lover.

The trick is to always work at it so your partner, your significant other does not become a roommate, an adversary, a nagger of all things you, but a confidant and a lover.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 5:43:12 AM
sex is not everything but if it is not there or not satisfactory it affects all other areas in my view. If you are platonic and happy with that, then okay.

When people have been together a long time I know it is less important and sometimes non existent but one or the other would be looking around..... in my experience.....
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 179
Posted: 9/30/2015 8:45:32 PM
Sex is incredibly important.

Compatibility is crucial. I mean, I have friends to keep company with, male and female, straight and gay, but in a relationship if the sex is good its 10% and if its not it`s 90%.

BTW sex is pretty damned important on its own, not just measured as a component of a relationship ;)
 benartflick
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/1/2015 6:29:34 AM
From 38 to 58 it was very important - not lately.

With the four women I dated after my divorce sex came naturally after the 2nd or 3rd date and was a major part of those relationships.

Bed? One gal, a nudist, it was on a nature path in the woods at a nudist camp, on a row boat, the tall grass outside a dance hall, on a beach at sunset, in a parked car outside a playhouse, and just about any place else she wanted it. I was easy, I guess. That connection ended when another guy showed up at her house at a time I was normally long gone. I think sex was very important to her.
 MillaKitten92
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/7/2015 1:48:50 AM
This sounds like one of those trick questions. I guess it both is and isn't important. No.. actually I think the connection is the most important part, not sex per say. Like you can get sex easily not in a relationship, then you might as well not have sex at all. If it's just about sex, it debases things. So I'll say sex in a relationship is not important but compatibility and a connection and all those other things are important. You know, mutual caring and loving for each other and chemistry etc. Sex is just a need pretty much, a biological need. So to say, yes fulfilling the sex need is highly important in a relationship is kind of... wait, just using the person for sex almost? Lmfao. No it's the connection between the two people that is important and enjoying it with them. Not the mechanical activity of sex or fulfilling that need.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2016 5:01:57 PM

Right up there along with commitment and dependability. For me anyway.

I think that's how it is for almost All adults over 21. Those well into their 20s and over who don't think it's an essential part for serious relationship to be whole -- I don't think realize the full scope of things in the natural world.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/25/2017 1:45:42 PM
This is hella old but it's a discussion post so whatever.

For me, there's a few variables that go with this question. I guess on a scale of 1-10, the importance of sex would be around 6, depending on how much or little I liked the guy that I with. In 2015, I was with a guy and his sex wasn't bad at all but his personality was crappy so regardless of his "sex game", I could not deal with him. I'd rate him about a 8. Then on the flip side, I was with someone else whose personality I really liked and his sex was like a 3 but I wanted to pursue more with him simply because I liked his personality. Sex is important for me but it's not something that I have to have. I've abstained for years at a time so really no big deal.
 LincsAndy
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2017 6:13:33 AM
It's a 10. It has to be. If you want it a lot, that's important, obviously. It's also important if you want it a little because if you don't both have the same sexual *appetite* one of you is going to be disappointed/frustrated and may be looking to stray. If you embark on a long term relationship without settling this issue at the outset, then it isn't going to be as long term as you'd like.
 ohenryx
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2017 9:37:29 AM

coffeetogo127
Compatibility is crucial. I mean, I have friends to keep company with, male and female, straight and gay, but in a relationship if the sex is good its 10% and if its not it`s 90%.

+1

I would place the sex higher than 10% (if it’s good), but not above “commitment and dependability”. If it’s not good, and can’t be improved (your partner will not talk about it, will not work with you on improving your sexual compatibility), then it’s not 90%, it is 100%. Because the two of you are doomed.
 gtomustang
Msg: 186
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:34:28 PM
That's funny, the post got renewed to advertise a website, but the address got lost in the censor :)

On the one hand, i'd say sex is important b/c if its not there, what you have is a friendship. To go a little further with what LD pointed out, if a partner has a lousy personality, but the sex is good enough to ignore it, sex is worth enough to ignore a lousy personality. So sex can be a trump card. But as with any wild card, a hand can be played and won without it.
 Dan6308
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/4/2017 2:58:25 PM

This is hella old but it's a discussion post so whatever.

For me, there's a few variables that go with this question. I guess on a scale of 1-10, the importance of sex would be around 6, depending on how much or little I liked the guy that I with. In 2015, I was with a guy and his sex wasn't bad at all but his personality was crappy so regardless of his "sex game", I could not deal with him. I'd rate him about a 8. Then on the flip side, I was with someone else whose personality I really liked and his sex was like a 3 but I wanted to pursue more with him simply because I liked his personality. Sex is important for me but it's not something that I have to have. I've abstained for years at a time so really no big deal.

Indeed, it's relative.
For me the need for sex - or the desire for it will also vary with how much I cherish, etc the other person. If I like her a lot, I may feel like having sex more than with someone I'm not so crazy about- but at the same time it doesn't risk breaking up the couple as much- if we don't have much. Because the relationship is much more important.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Important is Sex in a Relationship????