Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CSI Chick
Msg: 136
Is it ok to have a friend with benefits.....???????????Page 3 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I know how hard it is to find someone for intimacy, but nothing more. I don't know about doing the friend, because it never seems to work out later on. Either one of you falls for the other, or you end up losing the friendship once one of you meets someone because the other partner can't handle it. It just doesn't seem to work out most times. One thing I did was meet a guy offline and we went for a drink & he turned out to be a very cool guy. We have so much in common and are great friends with benefits. Neither of us is ready for a relationship, and it's funny, because we talk about our "relationship" more than couples do. Which is great because it shows we care enough about each other to respect one another and we want to keep the line of communication open. We have talked about possibly getting together "officially" once we are both in the right mindset, but for now we are just enjoying each other's company & mutually satisfying each other's sexual needs. Hope this helps & hope you find someone out there like I did.
 K&M~House~of~Evil
Msg: 138
Is it ok to have a friend with benefits.....???????????
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:13:44 PM
Maria, what happened to change your mind???

mikelgreco
Msg: 140
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:37:05 PM
MIDWESTGIRL:

OK, I guess I better get a number and wait in line??? hahaah

Now serving number #34.

LOL

-mic
 mikelgreco
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:47:39 PM
^^^ Good luck with that. Enjoy
 Pandy
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/21/2005 12:58:29 PM
Take it to email, guys

Pandy/moderator
 passionfly
Msg: 146
Posted: 7/21/2005 1:06:06 PM

A fukbuddy is just like a workout partner.....'cept when they spot you they use their tongue.
ROFLMAO!!! freakin brawny cracks me up!
 passionfly
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/21/2005 1:11:29 PM
If you are taking the FWB out, then what is the difference between FWB and dating? That is what I don't understand,

ok here is the difference, since your already having sex, you are exclusive to the person sexually ONLY. You can have other friends but once either of you decide to switch up and be sexual with another person you terminate the sexual and therefore the relationship with the first person. This protects your feelings and theirs from getting mashed in the heart from having to wonder what positions the other person was in when your also sleeping with them.

FWB is basically a lease with an option to buy lol

the only way an FWB works if your sexually exclusive to one another otherwise this can lead to lots of complications. The very rare non-jealous person who doesnt mind you having some on the side is extremely rare so FWB works for those other types of relationships.

an FWB that works is where u get together AFTER eithers' kids are asleep or you may plan a night out and the whole seduction happens between you both like as if though you are dating with the exception that sex is almost guaranteed since both of you are their for that purpose primarily. Each side has their opposite sex "friends" they can do regular stuff with but sex is exclusive to your one FWB.

this is where its most fun because u know the person already and can roleplay like you just met and try and seduce one anther knowing that actually in the back of your mind its gonna happen anyway. Your very free to be yourself and not have to impress so much.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:11:10 PM
The more I read, the more I cannot distinguish the difference between dating and FWB. To me, neither one is "exclusive", both include spending time together, neither is "being accountable" and both include sex.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:23:28 PM
The not going out in public is what I would think would seperate the two....but then where is the difference between booty call and a FWB?
 mikelgreco
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:24:51 PM
Is this thread still around...wow.

On Topic: I want some booty...can I call you???
 who_the_fox
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/21/2005 7:27:05 PM
No. My "booty call" positions are filled, thanks.

I really would like a definitive explanation of the difference between booty call, FWB and dating.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 152
Posted: 7/21/2005 10:42:33 PM
Well, then I have never dated and likely never will. Have done the "FB/casual date" thing...not FWB. Booty call has served its purpose at times.
I have often wondered what people mean when they say "dating". Thanks for the input everyone.
 chimpoo
Msg: 154
Posted: 7/22/2005 4:38:24 PM
sociologically it would still mean "prostitution" ... serious guys!
 chimpoo
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/22/2005 4:41:58 PM
and i thought UK was so puritan! ... just kidding ... have fun
 Daag
Msg: 157
Posted: 7/22/2005 5:27:27 PM
YES! Friends are often the best sex partners, too many people forget about this rule. ALWAYS HAVE SEX WITH FRIENDS.

chimpoo
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/27/2005 7:08:18 AM
Hang on! we need to go deeper in this issue ... when I said that the concept of "friends with benefit" is actually similar to prostitution ... it assumed that prostitution was, is and will continue to remain something which is a sexual act traded with some kind of favor - whether cash or kind ... and i could actually go on ... one needs to look deeper into this issue .... deviance in sexual behavior is very natural in human beings since time immemorial ... given an opportunity men and women both are more prone to behave like animals when it comes to sexual needs ... it is actually our civil society institutions that keep us in control ...
 mikelgreco
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/2/2005 5:48:36 PM
Any one that would f-uck me will have to be my buddy first!

LOL
 Celyne
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:13:41 PM
Well I'm a divorced single mom as well and after my divorce I did that for a while. I was not ready for a relationship and I had only slept with 2 people total.

Now i have a few for those times in need, but i use them on a rare occassion and I am looking for more of a relationship, so I haven't called on them for a while now.

But I don't think there is any harm in having a little sex ;)

Edit: and with the few FWB's I have it is understood that we won't go further even now, it's just a physical attraction, nothing more than that
 Stillalicious
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:03:17 PM
Hell yeah,go for it!! And i wouldn't worry too much about finding a special friend..go with the attraction and trust me, one will come along-there is never a shortage of men looking for "no strings attached" sex

And Mikel...I'll be your buddy ;)
 rexalex28
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:09:30 PM
I want to know a person who like to have sfe sex and in the same time be frineds. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOU
 beachinbabe
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/3/2005 5:35:18 AM
Hell yes, some people wouldn't get laid without a F.uck buddy
 sedona75
Msg: 174
Posted: 8/3/2005 8:28:14 AM
speaking from my own experience on the subject, having "no strings" intimacy is fun for a while. however, both individuals become uncomfortable with the condition of their relationship and they feel dirty. i had one such relationship in college. i'm afraid you will come away from it feeling empty and used.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/5/2005 11:37:10 AM
A FWB the way T,D&H explains it is MILES better than a FB....and a hell of a lot more than what I have found online.
 anthony10306ny
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/5/2005 1:42:46 PM
Yes I do think so we are friends as we are lovers as many of us love a friend like the lover we want
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >