Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A What if scenario      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gary Houdini
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A What if scenarioPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
This is a scenario of preposterous proportions, but is one that me and my friends have had many discussions on in r/l. I know this is probably going to come across as weird but the point of the scenario is to see how a person would like to think they'd react in a very desperate situation.

My what if scenario is this. Zombie Apocalypse. Say for the sake of argument that some new strain of a super virus or whatever happens and zombies start roaming the planet (just like those movies). What would you do to survive? Where would you go? What would you think you'd need and where would you acquire these essentials?

Anyway this is just a big What if scenario and is in no way meant to be taken seriously that a zombie apocalypse is going to happen. Think of it in terms of like I said before, a test to see how you think you would act in an extremely high stress environment. After all Stress Management is something that could in the long term be very healthy for any relationship.
 Gary Houdini
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:08:11 AM
nice answers folks, and Pssst, nice going on a decent strategy getting out on the water...just a little fyi (hypothetically speaking) Zombies can't swim true, but they don't need to breath either, so they could just walk on the bottom of the lake or whereever and well you will eventually find land and well there they are lol.

And well as far as leveling your paladin to 80 that's a good strategy too...just uhm how are you going to bring those pixels to life to save you lol :p

with the raiding of the pharamacy nice little bit of outside the box thinking lol

as far as that sheeple thing goes, I agree with you, but it doesn't necessarily address the question, what would you do about it if the "dead" were to start taking a bite out of everybody?
 RocketMan_Len
Msg: 3
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/23/2009 5:51:58 AM
Hope that I taste good with barbecue sauce...?
 TooShadows
Msg: 4
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/23/2009 6:04:27 AM
Head shots take them out right? Well,being a competitive shooter and hunter I've got enough guns and ammunition to take out two or three thousand zombies,and I live in a less-populated rural area,so after wiping out the zombie population I think I could live quite comfortably. Still have to make the occasional supply run though.
 itechman63
Msg: 5
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/23/2009 8:40:10 PM

Anyway this is just a big What if scenario and is in no way meant to be taken seriously that a zombie apocalypse is going to happen.

Whew! I was scared there at first!
 13Barmor
Msg: 6
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/24/2009 1:20:45 AM
Resident Evil scenarios are a good idea. I'd hit the road with as much fresh water and ammunition I could muster. A nearby Army base would be a good place to stock up at.
 try_again_lol
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/24/2009 4:06:55 AM
interesting scenario. should we assume the zombies are bad?
 Gary Houdini
Msg: 8
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:13:34 PM
Wow, this little crack pot scenario that I put up sure has gotten more responses than I though it would. I mean I'm amazed it didn't get the mass deletion for being too off the wall. But thanks everybody that is keeping this thread alive, so to speak.

And wow what a wide variety of ideas to the scenario. So many creative and imaginative ideas.

That flamethrower idea, brilliant...just a thought though, how about rolling several canisters of propane into their midst as well...cause as they burn the zombies would crumble but eventually you'd run out of fuel. So perhaps as the zombies fall to pieces and continue to smolder as you are making your get away they'll detonate the propane tanks and put a bunch more out of commission too.

And well that was the one that caught my attention lol...anyway keep the ideas rolling ya'll are showing great imagination for dealing with a stressful situation (even an imaginary one)...Critical thinking at its finest and funniest lol...
 michaeld70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:27:17 PM
If I was surrounded by zombies...why not join them, as they say, when in Rome...
 michaeld70
Msg: 10
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/28/2009 12:18:13 AM
OK, I missed something about Jesus killing zombies in the bible, it was never mentioned the few times I went to church. I did see South Park when Jesus went after the arabs for shooting down and torturing Santa. He really kicked but in the mid east that time. Hmmmm, what Would Jesus do?
 cookie22222
Msg: 11
view profile
History
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/28/2009 12:27:09 PM
ROFLMAO....

You sound like my son - a while back we lived next to a cemetary. His first words on seeing that were - what are we going to do when the zombies come???

He was 17 at the time...
 Galahad54
Msg: 12
A What if scenario
Posted: 5/31/2009 11:13:08 PM
Come on, everyone knows that the Zombie Survival Guide (hereafter referred to as ZSG) has a lot of dangerous information in it; so much so, that I suspected the author as a "gray" (secret supporter of Zombbies).

1. Headshots should only be done at a distance, as zombies do have fluids running. Nothing like getting infected by a splashy kill.

2. Boats? You have 700 zombies hanging on your anchor chain, you are in deep trouble.

3. High defendable place? The Native American tried it at Starved Rock. (Pay no attention to to the tourist information; of course they're going to play down the zombie angle.)

4. Treehouse to the mall. Did we learn nothing from Dawn of the Dead?

Give me a clean suit and a chainsaw. Plus enough thermite to burn them all.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > A What if scenario