Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Th3 Artful Dodger
Msg: 29
view profile
History
why do a$$ holes always get the good girls?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

The battle of the sexes continues

Are you familiar with the term "Feminista" or "Feminazi". Not every forum questioning the nature of women is an attack on women. 90% of men dont know what women want or if its even possible to give "it" to them. Tis, I believe, is why the divorce rate has been at 50% for the past 30 years between the United States and Canada The purpose of these forums are to answer questions.

this is sad because i have really seriously thought about trying to be a little bit of an ass not be so nice to girls because it seems like it gets me no where and they always like the guys that will treat them like s**t . dont make sense to me .. does it to n e one else ?

Women like the challenge that badboys provide.
1. They arent clingy
2.They behave in a way that has the woman striving for their acceptance

www.askmen.com/dating/doclove_400/434_relationship_expert.html
 itsmillertime6227
Msg: 31
why do a$$ holes always get the good girls?
Posted: 5/25/2009 9:52:47 PM
I think guys just think the dude's an a$$hole just b/c she's with the "a$$hole" and not with you..
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:09:26 PM
Do u really believe that? The ASH-HOLES never gets the good gyrls! Maybe those gyrls wasn't as "good" as u thought! Trashy chicks will always go after Trashy dudes-thats why they are 2gether and should STAY 2gether!
 DocElffington
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 11:01:28 AM
Good point. The prettiest girls aren't necessarily the most well adjusted women out there!

And I would say that a "Good Girl" IS well adjusted!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:15:51 PM
The good girls and not the hot girls? Interesting new take...

I see a lot of goody-goody girls with relatively goody-goody guys here and there. In fact, the not-too-attractive good girls are where the classic Nice Guys can actually make some progress.

But the a$$hole guys will get any type of girl (or seems so on the surface), because usually:
(a) Many girls require a guy with an edge. A$$holes definitely at least have an edge. It's a guarantee they get that requirement.
(b) Many girls want a guy who's not so easy to get. Classic a$$hole doesn't give a rat's a$$, so a low-self esteem girl feels validated that he ends up really wanting her when he does.
(c) A good looking guy with an edge can get any type of girl, too. When he does, his ego goes up, and guess what? He can be an a$$hole, and still get most of them. What's stopping him? Classic Nice Guys? lol

Thankfully, if a quality girl with self-esteem ends up going for a guy with an edge as most do, but mistakenly finds out he's an a$$hole, she'll notice that relatively quick and back out, so it doesn't last very long.
 candacef88
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:41:20 PM
Because a lot of the times they don't realise he is an A**hole. By the time they figure it out, they're convinced he will "grow up" and change.. which doesn't always happen and by then she's already too attached and feels sorry for him. Being the "good" girl she is, she just doesn't have the heart to leave him after she's invested so much time into the "bad" guy.
 Mr. Billiam
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/27/2009 10:37:59 AM
I don't buy the premise. Not at all. I've been done dirty. BUT I ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN. I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice the signs. There is a lot to say on this issue. I lot of it boils down to... dare I say it... gulp... RESPONSIBILITY! You have to be looking for the right type of girl. Guys gripe about women going for ***holes but we tend to go after women we have no buisness pursuing too. We want to save them, fix them, make them into our princess, place them into our fantasy... when we should be happy with ourselves first and looking for someone practical that will fit with our own unique personality. It also means we have to recognize our own destructive patterns and not make the same mistakes over and over again. It is much to easy to blame others for our shortcomings and really easy to play the good guys/gals finish last card.

I'll use myself as an example. There is a gal I know I find fascinating. Absolutely beautiful, enchanting, intelligent, and a Pagan. The forbidden fruit wrapped in a beautiful package! The old me would have really pursued this... as I'm a social worker I could help her with her problems (she has many), I could play at the white knight, and I could be with an exotic, exciting woman. The reality of the situation is she has a history of cheating, doesn't make responsible decisions, and would end up screwing me over. Then I could play the "nice guy card" while I felt sorry for myself and blamed her for... basically being what she was to begin with. Lets take a step back here.

First of all it is arrogant and unrealistic for try to change her. How dare I? It is not my place. I am trying to take someone I'm totally incompatible with and squeeze them into my peg. Again foolish on my part. We need to let others walk their own way and accept or leave them based on who they really are... not what we want them to be.

In the end we have to be accountable for ourselves. We have to be responsible. Otherwise we learn nothing and just run like a hamster on a wheel.

That and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Regards,

Bill
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:28:33 PM
^^^^^ Mr. Billiam, very very well put.

I'd like to add a few things. The messed up girl in your example may not be the "good girl" that some guys refer to. However, I will say that many times guys will call a girl "good girl" if they're very attracted to them, because after all, they're subjectively good by default!

With that aside, we don't know if a girl could be classified as a "good girl" (meaning goody-goody or just like a 'great gal'), until we get to know them. In those cases that we do get to know them, they're definitely not a goody-goody if they go for the blatent a$$hole types, and they're not a 'great gal' if they subject themselves to a guy like that for very long.

I totally agree that a lot of guys want a girl that's not compatible to them, but just out of raw attraction they whine. Who a gal gravitates toward IS what she wants; so if she says she doesn't like a$$holes, but ends up with them, she doesn't know herself. And with a guy observing this, he should know that if you don't fit that mold of what she likes, she's not right for you, you're not right for her, case closed.
 mcguy1
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/27/2009 6:17:46 PM
Nice guys don't finish last......wimps do! I am sure most of the women here want to date a man, not a puppy dog. The a$$hole isn't the guy with the good girl, the a$$hole is the guy that acts like a wimp in front of the woman he likes and then pi$$es and moans about her not liking him back. You don't have to be rude to her, you can still open doors for her, treat her with respect and have meaningful conversations without being a pushover. jmo.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:52:46 PM
Maybe because so many women are tired of having the "Bait & Switch" pulled on them by supposedly "nice" guys? At least w/ an ar$e they know what they are getting from the start-no surprises later on. Nothing worse than thinking you found a good one(bait) then having things "switch" and realized you got a polished turd instead. This happens to men too. So it's not a gender specific phenomena.
 abelian
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:35:13 PM
We get them because they like us.
 867love
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/1/2009 4:01:22 PM
women may claim they like "nice guys", however are attracted to power, good looks and fortune. -(basically the alpha male)
-it makes sense in the natural way things work, since the strongest survive.
the alpha male didn't get to where he is by standing in line -he takes cuts and walks over who he presumes weak (to get to the head of the line). -so in a sense -do you think a womans subconsious desires are guy who stands in line and waits his turn -or the guy who steps over everybody to get to the top? -she dislikes his lack of ethics and integrity -however craves his treachery for ambition, which almost guarantees her offspring will be at the top of the wolf pack...
 GoofBall311
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/1/2009 4:22:27 PM
Instead of asking why the d-bags get all the girls, why not just become a d-bag yourself and reciprocate? You are noticing what works and what doesn't, so do it already, be an a$$hole!!!
 buckmaker
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:36:39 PM
Your question is reletive but, women want confidence in men. Other than that, most of the hot chicks are bored by the same old door mat behavior and there may be some reverse psychology at play. Women to whom I have not shown the perfunctory plea to that they expect, find me interesting and a bit of a challenge. Maybe we all want what we can't have or want to prove we can get it. Go figure. The first thing men and women should be taught early in life is that people are usually not rational, especially in love.
 Go Rin No Sho
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:02:47 PM
Recalibrate your sensors. You are seriously off line here. The "good girls" are neither. Most often, they are just as big *ssh*les. They just look cuter while doing it.
 Feather Sandwich
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/2/2009 9:38:10 PM
How is this still here?

OK, OP, here it is. Finally, the definitive answer to the nice guy/a$$hole question, which btw, gets asked 5,327 times a day.

We prefer a$$holes because they will beat us, bite us, whip us, fukk us, cum all over our t!ts like the filthy whores we are, tell us they love us & get the fukk out.

And you won't.

See? It's what you suspected all along.
 trailgirl
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:10:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ignore that response, unless that's what you're looking for...(sorry to the poster, but it's not in line with my line of thinking. Which is okay, because forums should be about differing opinions)

Yes, I agree there are "nice guy" threads ad naseum, but the poster above that spoke about a spine is pretty spot on with what women are looking for in a man. We want a man that can be a man, friend, lover, but never a doormat. Some women do things to test for the doormat (I don't) but then, some men put themselves in that role.

Simply put, know what it is you want, what you don't want, and proceed from there.
 DocElffington
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:37:46 AM
I dunno.

I got a kick out of msg 62 though.

Deep down, I KNEW it had to be that!
 sbm4fun
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 3:50:21 AM

By "b!itches" I don't mean women who are truly independent in many ways, like to have a man around for companionship, fun and sex, not to be a handyman or get the gas tank filled, and are very nice people. I mean women who treat men badly, seem to walk all over them, are in total control of the relationship and are generally nasty. The ones I've known in my lifetime aren't particularly gorgeous, they don't have drop-dead figures, always seem to have a dissatisfied, ugly expression on their faces and act like their sh!t don't stink.

What's the big attraction there for a man? Why someone wouldn't want to be with a pleasant, easy-going person - not a doormat, of course - is beyond my understanding.

I think alot of this is guys dating out of their league.
if a guy is 6-7 usually attracts 7-8's but by some act of god(or satan) manages to attract a 9-10 he knows the odd's of attracting another 9 or 10 is about the same as hitting the lotto so he will put up with major crap so as not to loose her, I know because i have played that game in the past, so I got off that ride years ago.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/4/2009 4:06:53 PM
I'm an A-hole, and I steal girls from nice guys just to piss them off. Muhahaha!!!
 DocElffington
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2009 11:02:02 PM
Because women have issues and it's upto us men to show them the error of their ways.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!

mwezi
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:22:56 PM
There is medulla oblangata in the brain. Women have larger than men so they are emotionally attached with a$$ hole guys who are usually emotionally ready but non-commital.
They just play with women's emotion.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/11/2009 12:59:47 PM
Well, I have noticed that often ladies I know are attracted to the outside-the-box badboy or maverick types. I'm not at all; just seeing them makes my hackles rise, though I try to keep it from showing.

As to why women are often drawn to them (and the reverse is true, too; men often go for the 'wild thing' type of women), my theory is as follows:

If a woman has always been good, followed society's rules of conduct, etc., she may feel too controlled, and depending on her age, feel that life is passing her by and she's never kicked up her heels, etc. Along comes a guy who seems to be having a great time while thumbing his nose at everything she was taught to believe in. The attraction would be less for the person than the lifestyle, freedom and adventure he represents, I would think. But still, if she was at the time having second thoughts about her life, she'd probably be ripe for that kind of a guy, especially if he was charismatic (which they generally are).

Does this make sense to you fellows, or do you think I'm way off base?
 privat33r
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:37:36 PM
I'm not complaining, of course great chicks like thinking I'm an a**hole.
 DocElffington
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2009 9:47:51 AM
The "good girls" apparently like to get sh!t on!

Isn't that the obvious answer??

Ya don't stick a finger in a rectum and expect to NOT see brown!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >