Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 58
Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?

Date him? Hell, I'd marry him!
 Lion_of_York
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:09:52 PM
No.....I would never date a man (or a woman) with a Vasectomy.

In fact, I would never date a man with or without a Vasectomy.

Am I being fair?

Ha Ha.
 HazelRose
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/7/2009 8:16:56 PM
OMG!!!!! In a heartbeat, let me at him! LOL Completely takes away the pressure for me.
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 2:55:51 PM
I am starting to consider it a requirement they had a vasectomy, or are very willing to get one.

In the past I was always the one who had to stuff her body with birth control hormones, be it the depo shot or the pill, and then a copper IUD for 5 years. The men I was with-- particularly my ex husband- was not willing to get one and put the entire onus on me.
No more of that horse****. The guy for me won't want to put me through that, or pregnancy itself, and will get it done himself. I don't care if this requirement makes it more difficult for me to find him. That's not my concern.
 suburban_gal
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/16/2011 6:45:04 PM
FWB relationship. Definitely.
Serious LTR. Right now no because I still may want kids someday. However that could change in the future.
 E_keys
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/16/2011 7:56:09 PM
Dating in my 40's, I welcome that news from a man. Removes one piece of confusion from the game for good.
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/16/2011 8:58:53 PM
In the past I was always the one who had to stuff her body with birth control hormones, be it the depo shot or the pill, and then a copper IUD for 5 years. The men I was with-- particularly my ex husband- was not willing to get one and put the entire onus on me.
No more of that horse****. The guy for me won't want to put me through that, or pregnancy itself, and will get it done himself. I don't care if this requirement makes it more difficult for me to find him. That's not my concern

So you've decided to put the onus on him. That's nice. I wish I had a dime for every time a new partner paid for the ex's sins.
 nicegirl1974
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/16/2011 9:15:01 PM
any man i have came across on here it's talked about within a few days....
depends what stage of life your at ? wanting kids or not
 femaleconnection
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:31:43 AM
It doesnt matter to me one way or the other as I took control of my own baby factory and shut it down.

I am proudly fixed.

I tell dates right away that I am fixed and that I will never go back. I am done making babies. I see no point in not telling people this. It is a fact that will not ever change and I think new men meeting me deserve to know before any attachment what my story is in this regard.

Before I got fixed, I would have LOVED to date a man with a Vasectomy, but never met one until close to the time I was contemplating my own procedure.

For anyone who does not want children, all I can say is the discomfort of a few days is soooo worth knowing you have control over this. It is truly liberating and I recommend any person who knows they dont want a child, or more children to take the plunge. No regrets here.
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2011 6:37:15 PM
So you've decided to put the onus on him. That's nice. I wish I had a dime for every time a new partner paid for the ex's sins.

This isn't about sins of the ex, no need to be dramatic.
I did learn something through my exes, some things I liked, but obviously there were too many negatives or it would've lasted, right? That's what it's all about- learning through experience what works and what doesn't, and some things are just obvious as to what you should avoid.

No man is going to pay for anything anyone has done when I am ready for a partner. He will be treated like a King. I am merely setting standards, and that is one of them (just like how I will not date a teetotaler or a jailbird). However I might have phrased things above is certainly not how I would talk to a potential mate. They'd figure that out in gentle (or playful) conversation long before it became an issue.

Female sterilization is a lot more invasive and troublesome to their health than it is for a male. I was going to get the Adiana (similar to Essure but with small silicone plugs instead of metal coils) procedure done on May 3rd, but after getting my IUD removed in february, having felt such an unexpected feeling of relief (as much as I loved it for keeping me unfertilized) afterward, I realized how sensitive I really am to these things. If that weren't the case, I would've had that done already.

There are men who recognize this and don't care anyway, thinking it's the woman's job as the one who can get pregnant, and there are men who recognize the dangers, realize we have enough to deal with in the first place and would not want to put the one they love through added, unnecessary trials and tribulations. A man like the latter is the one for me, and they do exist! :D

At least I am honest enough to put my intentions out on the table. I don't have time for nor believe in human projects ( I am not one of those chicks who think they can change a man, this includes wishy-washy fence-sitters).

What you see is what you get here. Take it or leave it, good luck, and godspeed.

And for god's sake, don't forget the wine!
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:07:01 PM
Miwisi, I have no problem with a man deciding to get cut when it comes time - hell I had my vasectomy done 10 years ago. No regrets at all. And I get the fact it's not fair for one person to burden all the responsibility in regards to birth control, but your previous post seemed like you are holding a grudge because of your ex's selfish attitude. Getting yourself sterilized is a huge decision, regardless of sex - some potential mates wouldn't take ultimatums like this lightly. That's all.
 Out_of_the_Ash
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:48:07 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan of ultimatums, either.
They will have to be compatible with me on the kid thing, or it's a no go anyway. Birth control methods can be discussed if things start to lean in that direction, and then make a decision based off each of our needs. I don't have to sleep with them if I don't want to and they don't have to stick around if they want to find someone who does.
 Walts
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/21/2011 6:37:51 AM
Why would guys need to get a vasectomy at my age,when, in fact, after the "honeymoon period" during dating, the well goes pretty dry fairly quickly anyways.

mjollnir79
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/24/2011 3:02:17 PM
Haha why wouldn't women want a guy who's fixed? It shows they're smart enough not to get into a sticky situation with some chick who gets knocked up, then goes into "stupid mode" later and breaks off the relationship and now the guys stuck with child support payments.

I think every man should get one as soon as possible, and freeze your stuff beforehand. And wait till you're past 30, married, and your wife has had an extensive psychological evaluation to insure a committed relationship(don't want the all too common crazys who "change feelings" for no reason at all or whatever).

Just my $0.02. I am single, and got fixed at 28, never saved any sperm, don't regret it one bit, kids or not, in my opinion women can't be trusted enough now days to have kids with,
 Vannili
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2011 9:58:39 PM
Msg.1:
I am not in the habit of asking potential dates if they have vasectomy or their" tools" still working.

So you began dating a man,and fell for him, then found out he had one later in the relationship ,would you leave ?

I am just dating him even I fell for him, it is not guarranted that he fell for me . leaving him is not applicable.
If I am desperate to have a child I will adopt or have an ensemination..

A man who has vasectomy hasn't marred his character of integrity and self respect, I won't take that against him if he doesn't want children with me.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/2/2011 12:42:30 PM

I am not in the habit of asking potential dates if they have vasectomy or their" tools" still working.

^^^^^^^^JAYSIS

I'm more concerned with his back.

Dig me some holes man!!!
 poferette
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/2/2011 6:50:48 PM
Please find me an attractive, muscular, employed, and around 6'1" man that has one. Noooo not my ex husband... I don't want any more children. But I would love to have a regular sex life.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/3/2011 4:55:26 AM

And here my first thought was you were worried about back hair...but turns out, it's muscles we're after.

Most men are into getting rid of the back hair now..like we shave our pits and legs..

Now a good strong back is of utmost importance for many reasons.

But I would love to have a regular sex life.

^^^^^^^^^
Ditto with a good back LOL

You are off to a start with that bodacious pic.

Meh Vasectomy would not matter..I haven't been fertile in 11 years.
Now if they snipped something they shouldn't have.........I need to know.

In my 30s I would have LOVED it!!!
 Laha Math
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/3/2011 4:44:52 PM
As a man I can't answer the question, but I did have a vasectomy to avoid unwanted child support payments from women whose reason leaves them when they become aroused. I got the surgeon to write a letter confirming I had a vasectomy, framed it, and hung it over my bed. Having written that I should mention I got the reversable kind, just in case. BTW the vasectomy blocks the sperm but not the testosterone so everything else remains the same. Grrrr! Rowf, rowf.
 mjollnir79
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/4/2011 6:53:13 PM
^^^^^smart man!
 Vannili
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2011 5:03:35 PM

Now if they snipped something they shouldn't have...... I need to know.

Lmao!!!!!!

Happilydating
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/6/2011 10:14:19 AM
I would definitely date someone with a vasectomy as I have been surgically altered too...no babies for me...and I am finished with my childbearing years...and I would think it would depend on the womans age...younger woman probably want to have babies as apposed to older woman that have already had their babies...a bit redundant, but you get what I am trying to say....
 Happilydating
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/6/2011 10:17:37 AM
If a woman had stated your comment I believe we would be man-haters...are you a woman-hater? Just saying...
 sand_water
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/6/2011 2:11:17 PM
Yes. I don't plan on having any more kids.
 vagirl11
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2011 10:59:13 AM
YES! I don't want any more children anyway!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >