Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dontfeellikeaging
Msg: 87
Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
PERFORM their vasectomy??

Not sure about that on a first date....maybe wait till the second or third to try that move out
 farah1968
Msg: 88
Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?
Posted: 3/4/2013 9:56:01 PM
Hell Yes!!!!!! He would be my dream come true.
 Strings6
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2013 5:50:30 PM
I wouldn't say anything about it,if she comes to you and says she's pregnant...well,you know...busted!!!
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:31:44 PM
I would, I have, and I sincerely hope to luck into one again. It's such a relief not having to worry about birth control!
 RandomFish123
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/5/2013 6:43:10 PM

So if you began dating a man, and fell for him, then found out he had one later in the relationship, would you leave?

Personally for me it would not be an issue since having kids of my own is not a do-or-die thing. If we were a match for one another in every other sense then I don't see why this would be an issue. .... If somehow later on we both have a change of heart to raise children I would be open to adoption. Though I think I can appreciate the connection of having children of my own flesh & blood, I could also die happy not ever having any biological kids of my own too.

Having said that, like others mentioned, if you know a woman wants kids for sure at some point in her life then it is probably better to not start anything serious at all with her. ... Obviously it will only cause complications later down the line.

Although a vasectomy is personal matter, I believe your potential mate has the right to know this early on before anything gets too serious.

cloverine
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:12:30 AM
I have been asked some rude, stupid and mundane questions by dates but NEVER has anyone asked if I had a vasectomy.

Have you asked that? Were you in McDonalds at the time that this inquiry came to mind?
 cloverine
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:14:10 AM
What does a vasectomy look like?
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/6/2013 12:29:48 PM

What does a vasectomy look like?

Generally, effectively invisible. There will be either one or two (depending on specific procedure) tiny scars, but due to the nature of the skin in this area, they're not readily apparent. Sometimes even the owner of the equipment has trouble finding them after they've faded.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/7/2013 7:32:32 AM

It would be a Plus given that everything else was compatible.

Right? I think even a lot of younger women would see it that way.
 OutMind
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:58:20 PM
Isn't this a double? Wait how did the mods let this happen?
 dbiggs69
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/13/2013 8:56:22 AM
If a woman has 2-3-4 kids, hell no I won't tell her I had a vasectomy. If she had none then I would tell her.
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 10:48:24 AM
I put it in my profile :) Why waste a woman's time if she really wants kids? Better to be up front with things than have it become an issue later on. Fortunately in my age bracket most women have had kids already or are past wanting them so it's all good.
 ksayer1
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2013 1:58:58 PM
YES!!!!
Dear god send me a man with a V!!!lol
 AthenaMarina
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2013 1:54:46 PM
I'm childfree (meaning I don't want kids & don't have any) so for me would I date a man with a vasectomy?
HECK YES!

I told my ex boyfriend I don't want kids on our first proper date & was relieved when he said "Neither do I!"
(Just before that I said, I'm divorced & he replied "I know!")

A guy I had a 2 year relationship with over a year ago didn't want kids either & ended up getting a vasectomy.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:42:51 AM
years later found out he had a vasectomy

If I was in my childbearing years, this would be important to know.
Even if I had no intention of having kids, it has an impact on birth control choices.
What kind of a$$ hole would wait YEARS to divulge such information?
Because he fancies a woman he KNOWS wants kids and he is robbing her of her fertile years?
What a selfish pr!ck.
That is tantamount to lying/ emotional manipulation. Not my kind of human being. I would likely dump him.
 TeaInTheSaharaWithYou
Msg: 102
Posted: 3/31/2013 8:04:36 AM
If you want kids and he has a vasectomy, you ask him if he'd be willing to reverse it. Most are very reversible.

But sure, I mean, it makes a lot of sense to date someone responsible enough to make sure they didn't create unwanted children.
 BACwho
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/31/2013 3:56:12 PM
I just recently had a vasectomy.

I know it was the right decision for me, and that's the core element of the thing.
If it's something that you feel you should do, and then the woman you want to date has a problem with it, it probably wasn't the right girl for you.

The idea that I might get passed over by a woman because she wants to have kids occurred to me before I did it, but if I didn't do it because I was worried about that, it wouldn't be because I thought it was right for me, it would be to make someone else happy, which is a terrible reason to have a kid.

In POF, it says "Do you want children", if that's marked NO, then that's at least a solid indicator of your thoughts on the issue, and you can get into the details of the surgery if things get serious enough where that's worth bringing up
 jlynn1955
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 5:22:27 PM
Yes, i would. I even married a man who had had one. I am and was at an age where i didn't want children anyway. I think there are ways you could lead in to the subject. Talking with the woman you are getting to know.. does she have kids, how many, does she want more..and there you go opportunity to tell her.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:28:03 PM
Hell yeah!

Can't look after a cat long term. I'm led to believe kids are more high-maintenance.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/2/2013 8:12:15 PM
Well seeing that I possibly want more children later on, probaly not
I do know that some men do get the procedure where it can be reversed, so I guess it would depend on that
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:49:18 AM
There are no guarantees with reversals. It is a much more complicated procedure than the vasectomy itself. Successful reversal also depends on how long it's been since the original vasectomy. The longer it's been the less likely it will work as there can be additional blockages formed and some men will also develop antibodies against their own sperm. I believe the figures thrown around are somewhere around a 60% success rate within the first years after the original procedure to 30% success if it's been 10 years or more.
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/3/2013 3:18:43 AM
I would prefer it.
 IBC84
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2013 12:19:48 PM
I had this actually happen to me. My ex-husband was not up front about the fact he had had a vasectomy after his son was born. He knew that I wanted a family, and he still withheld the information. Flash forward to 3 months after the wedding - and it comes out. For me it wasn't just the surgery that was a deal breaker, but withholding something that important from your significant other is just insane. To me that's right up there with cheating. We divorced shortly after.

Now here I am in my 20s and divorced...with all the stigma that seems to come with it - even nowadays. My advice to anyone in this situation - be up front with your partner. It's maybe not a first-date topic, but if the topic of kids comes up - how much she wants a family...share. Get it out of the way early. She will appreciate it, and you won't potentially waste any time with a girl that sees it as a deal breaker.

Just my opinion.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:33:24 PM
Absolute would date him, I don't want any children. I would be able to tinker around with my pills (although I don't take them for that purpose) and not worry about a thing.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:36:39 PM
Yes I would. Course I am at an age where it woudn't matter anyway.

Even in my 30's I knew I did not want children, so it wouldn't have mattered then either. But, the man must be upfront about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >