Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlynn1955
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, i would. I even married a man who had had one. I am and was at an age where i didn't want children anyway. I think there are ways you could lead in to the subject. Talking with the woman you are getting to know.. does she have kids, how many, does she want more..and there you go opportunity to tell her.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Would you date a man with a Vasectomy?
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:28:03 PM
Hell yeah!

Can't look after a cat long term. I'm led to believe kids are more high-maintenance.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/2/2013 8:12:15 PM
Well seeing that I possibly want more children later on, probaly not
I do know that some men do get the procedure where it can be reversed, so I guess it would depend on that
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:49:18 AM
There are no guarantees with reversals. It is a much more complicated procedure than the vasectomy itself. Successful reversal also depends on how long it's been since the original vasectomy. The longer it's been the less likely it will work as there can be additional blockages formed and some men will also develop antibodies against their own sperm. I believe the figures thrown around are somewhere around a 60% success rate within the first years after the original procedure to 30% success if it's been 10 years or more.
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/3/2013 3:18:43 AM
I would prefer it.
 IBC84
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2013 12:19:48 PM
I had this actually happen to me. My ex-husband was not up front about the fact he had had a vasectomy after his son was born. He knew that I wanted a family, and he still withheld the information. Flash forward to 3 months after the wedding - and it comes out. For me it wasn't just the surgery that was a deal breaker, but withholding something that important from your significant other is just insane. To me that's right up there with cheating. We divorced shortly after.

Now here I am in my 20s and divorced...with all the stigma that seems to come with it - even nowadays. My advice to anyone in this situation - be up front with your partner. It's maybe not a first-date topic, but if the topic of kids comes up - how much she wants a family...share. Get it out of the way early. She will appreciate it, and you won't potentially waste any time with a girl that sees it as a deal breaker.

Just my opinion.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:33:24 PM
Absolute would date him, I don't want any children. I would be able to tinker around with my pills (although I don't take them for that purpose) and not worry about a thing.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2013 1:36:39 PM
Yes I would. Course I am at an age where it woudn't matter anyway.

Even in my 30's I knew I did not want children, so it wouldn't have mattered then either. But, the man must be upfront about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >