Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hungry_joe
Msg: 26
view profile
History
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sorry Dear, if he isn't full blown gay he's a switch hitter. I'm all for keeping up appearaces, but there is to point where it becomes ridiculous, and or narrsistic. Some jobs require that you devote a lot of time to appearance. Sales is a perfect example, because you're not really selling the product, as much as you're selling yourself.

As far as doing the cooking, cleaning etc. That's okay. If you're living with someone then it should be shared. As a single dad, I have no choice but to do all the house work. I also do "manly" stuff too like fixing the car from time to time, yard work, and repairing things.

Where are you meeting these guys? There should be something in there personality that should set off redflags. Hey this guy is more like a girlfriend. Maybe that is something you like in a guy friend but not in a boyfriend. What is your idea of a man? Someone that will kill spiders, go to war, fix the house/ car, etc. or some bubba type. Point is there are men that take care of themselves, and still are tradtionally male.
 Jumbo Whiffy
Msg: 27
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..
Posted: 5/31/2009 1:41:29 PM
So OP, what you are looking for is someone who angers easily,doesn't take care of himself, doesn't do any housework, and will not trust you with simple tasks like talking to a waiter. These are traits you see as masculine? If not, perhaps you could tell the rest of us what it means to be "a man"? As a women you are of course more than qualified to tell the rest of us what being a man is.
 Vannili
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 1:41:46 PM
jbug thanks for your thread, I used to date a clean cut guy now I change my mind, I 'll go for a moustache/ beard ripped off sleeve Tshirt looking bad guy to be safe that he is not gay, it would kell me if he left me for another guy...
 jbug70
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 3:12:15 PM
a man is someone i dont have to be embarrassed of in public...when he's afraid to ride on the orange line into boston and i have to tell him i'll protect him..a man is someone who drinks something other than a " girly, fruity" drink which was his request at the bar which made me feel about 1" tall...i dont want anyone with any anger issues,why should I if i dont have them..of course i want someone who takes care of themselves as I do,and there is nothing wrong with them helping out with the housework/chores etc..but to say they did all of it when they had a wife is a little strange.......and i was a wife who works as a nurse and still thought i should do most of the chores/shopping..old fashioned , i'll call myself...
so from my point of view[and thats all it is]..sorry if u see me as a spoiled,complainer...
so thats what i call a man..yes, masculine traits , a protector, a provider greater than or equal to his partner ,a friend ,listener,activity partner..without all this feminine jazz..
maybe some people like it but i dont..end of story..
 good_catch77
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/31/2009 3:53:55 PM
I'm not the super masculine guy that brags about how many beers he can chug in zero degree weather with no shirt on. But I'm not the kind of guy that likes facials, pedicures, etc.

I'm in between I take care of myself, I've been a bachelor so I can cook, clean, etc. I don't need mommy to come over and do my housework or cook for me every night. But at the same time I can take apart and rebuild a computer without a flinch. I wear nice clothes, I always heard women like a "sharp dressed man" so when I go out I try to look my best. Now I don't take a hour to figure out what to wear but I try to match and look nice. I'm not a bad boy or not a nice guy (nice guy in terms of on here is a "doormat").

I'm not looking for someone to do the house work while I work 9 to 5. I'm looking for a s/o. My interpretation is my business on what a "match" for me is. The problem with finding a match for me is that most women are not "old fashioned" in fact shun away from that 50's image of a married woman. Do you know who made men more feminine? Our mothers and other women. Other mothers that was teenagers in the 60's and 70's of the women's movement. So sorry to break that to you. My mom raised me to respect women. I inherited her woman's touch when it comes to cooking and cleaning. Does that make me less of a man? In my opinion no in others maybe, but I don't care I'm not changing for anyone but myself. If a woman does not like what she sees in me then oh well move on because I'm going to if I don't like what I see either.

Best of luck
 jbug70
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 6:38:43 PM
ok crunchy tacos..
i dont know what u mean by me "boxing" guys in..why dont u hit me up after mothering 3 wonderful men and see if we are at the same wavelength...
 msbstn08
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2009 8:50:07 PM
Jbug, u ignorant, self absorbed hoe!! How dare u insult that nice sweet, Barney luving, beauty pagent blowing kisses queen!!!. I mean whats wrong with a 5'9 210lb guy not wanting to ask his server for the check.. I mean it is now a womans world, and u should be able to get beat up by an a**hole in traffice just like the rest of us girls!!! I just dont get your anger and selfishness, I mean grow up girl up, so what if he wears his ex wifes undies, at least he's recycling and saving the planet...Geez next thing u'll be saying that Clay Aiken is gay or something just as equally weird!!!
 hungry_joe
Msg: 33
view profile
History
And that....
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:44:44 PM
I understand what you mean. You want a man to know his gender role, and care for you at the sametime. Trust me, we are out here. And contrary to the sterotype I've read here, not all masculine men beat women or angry. I would say that I'm a modern man, that aids in the household chores, but, acts like a man and yes at times takes control.
 slybandit
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:06:26 PM
"Can't there be nice and testosterone in the same package???"

Why, yes, sure there can. Your difficulty is that you're dating guys who are looking for the same thing you are, nice and testosterone in the same (ahem) 'package'.

And if you're looking for someone "greater than or equal to his partner"...well, I'm not in a mean mood today, so I'll spare you the wisecrack that line would otherwise richly deserve.
 Golland
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/2/2009 4:40:32 PM
Something to consider….look inward. In my opinion, that "feminine spark" is created by a bad experience with a female….thus he turns and runs. Instead of fessing up to the fact they don’t like the female ( this may be hard because all his friends say “she is great”, and” say you’re gay if you don’t like her”), they turn to the unquestionable path…..interest in the same sex…..you can’t question his interest in the same sex because it is taboo…..and you are still with him even if he treats you like shit…sounds like he knows exactly what he is doing....
 jbug70
Msg: 36
view profile
History
And that....
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:03:38 PM
well thanks gadget doc..finally someone who knows what i'm talking about...just because i'm asking for masculine traits [geesh, isnt that what a man should posess?] doesnt mean i'm asking for someone who beats on me and treats me like sh!!...i mean what has this world come too? i thought that was the norm but i guess it isnt anymore...u have to be a fagot to be nice?[sorry,i know i hate that word too]
its like if i dated a man..[i would assume he likes females=femininity?]..if i pulled out my wallet vs pocketbook..had a butch haircut, purposely tried to minimize my feminine assets [ie my ass/breasts] and started picking my teeth with a toothpick after dinner...
i would think they would think twice about me being a "woman" and a potential "normal" man/woman relationship partner.....and rightfully so...
 hungry_joe
Msg: 37
view profile
History
And that....
Posted: 6/2/2009 5:38:26 PM
There's a difference between taking care of yourself, being in touch with you femine side, and acting for lack of a better word a sissy. It has very little to do with his appearance. I'm sure that the OP like that he was "neat and clean" What she doesn't like is him blowing kisses and ordering the same****ails her girlfriends would. In otherwords she wanted a boyfriend and wound up with a girlfriend. Again, knowing gender roles has nothing to do with how well you keep you're personal appearance. When I was, in sales and finance I had very sharp suits, expensive cologne, and manicured nails. Apperance was important to the sale. Cooking, Cleaning , etc, is for all that live in the same home. That is common courtsy, makes everyones life easier.
 ubuntugirl
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/2/2009 8:29:42 PM

a man is someone i dont have to be embarrassed of in public

Why would you feel that way? Because of a drink they ordered? God forbid we have the freedom of choice in this country..holy hell..what were the founding fathers thinking???

a man is someone who drinks something other than a " girly, fruity" drink which was his request at the bar which made me feel about 1" tall

No, a real man drinks whatever the hell he wants to, whenever the hell he wants to, and doesn't need your approval to do so.

..but to say they did all of it when they had a wife is a little strange

Maybe he liked to pamper his woman. I'd love a guy like that. Yes, please!

when he's afraid to ride on the orange line into boston and i have to tell him i'll protect him

So he's a little vulnerable...so f*cking what? Reassure him and move on.

Better yet...

Can I have your boyfriend OP? I know I could treat him better than you do. I wouldn't disgrace him in a public forum, then insult him and then spell the insult wrong. It's faggot..two g's. If you're going to insult someone, at least learn to spell it correctly.

That kiss blowing thing was hilarious. Killing with kindness taken to an extreme..if I would have seen that I'd be laughing myself silly. The other driver was probably f*cked up trying to figure that one out for the next week. I love that!

Any man secure enough in himself enough to order a "girly drink" is my kind of guy.

What the f*ck is a girly drink anyway? A drink is a drink for f*ck's sake.

Holy Jesus in a clown car, just drink the drink and shut up.

So, anyway, refer your boyfriend to me, I'd love to talk with him.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/2/2009 11:29:52 PM

...he said he was like "the wife" in his former relationship, doing all the house cleaning,cooking,shopping..this is the third one in the row for me..cant there be nice and testosterone in the same package???

oh great! another emasculated male...

how long has he been neutered...
 DocElffington
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 11:44:15 PM
I'd say that these were men raised on Estrogen Ave, with Testosterone Blvd. nowhere in sight.

In other words, men raised by women and no father figure around, to learn how to be MEN!
 hungry_joe
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:33:27 AM
Dude, No. I think you're missing the point. She doesn't want a thug. Just someone with manners, that does yard work, fixes the house/car, someone she can feel safe with going walking on a downtown street, opens car doors, and pulls out chairs, stands up when a lady enters a room, and so on.

Most people in a civil soceity think its a bad thing to hosipitalize people. If you want a positive channel for your aggression, find a local UFC/MMA club fight there. Besides I think you'd like the challege. Puglism (boxing) could be another route to release those tenisions, since I got back from the war, both of those is how I destress. Try it out.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/5/2009 7:24:01 AM
why are you crying over metrosexual men? there are plenty of men who are the opposite of metro so go after them. i like to think i'm a middle road compromise. i'm comfortable doing dirty remodeling work but can also put some moisturizer on my face before i go out in a suit and tie.
 jbug70
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 3:24:50 PM
did i say i was crying??..gee i dont recall that....what i WAS saying is that after dating for a few weeks and seeing these "tendencies" i didnt know quite how to deal with them..whether to ignore[which is hard to do], settle and say its not so bad or run the other way....i was just giving the details [some of them i though kinda "gory"..others didnt and thought those behaviors were normal for a man] and asking for advice..you all act like i committed a crime by the stream of negative/nasty responses....except for gadget doc and a few others....when someone is confused as to what is the "norm" /acceptable to others..they usually reach out for others "gentle" opinions..i would never bash someone who is uncertain re a relationship like i was bashed here
 good_catch77
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:04:44 PM
Oh by the way....I'd love to see you call all the Minnesota Vikings players and fans gay for wearing and loving the color purple just thought I'd put that out there lol.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:15 AM
Metrosexual is not the same as homosexual. Homosexuals like a man's equipment. A metro sexual, is in general terms a high maintence man. They do femine stuff like manicures, pedicures, spend way too much on a hair cut, use extra hygine product such as mostuirue, get their eyebrows plucked, and overly concerned with fashion. Most of the time they are narrsic individuals. Great if you're in sales otherwise you look vain. I have to agree with a previous poster. I wear purple but it is usally a ravens shirt. I guess the color is only femine according to context.
 seekndestroy
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:08:11 AM
well wait a minute folks!!!!!!!... here we all are jumping the gun and blasting this obviously nice fellow and making him out to be something that we really dont know he really is !!!!!!!!!!

i mean everything has a good explanation...

im thinking that he was raised.... well no

ok so maybe he's just physically.... no that dont work either

i got nothing..... he's gay !!!

Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 1:06:16 PM
Wow, these days a woman is allowed to be whatever she wants, but a man still has to look and act like a stereotypical traditional male. I’ve seen so many profile pics of women hunting, shooting bows and arrows, climbing mountains, lifting weights- not exactly stereotypical female things to do either. The irony is that a lot of these women say that they’re attracted to “masculine” men, when there’s nothing really that feminine about themselves. If a guy said that his hobbies included cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting how many responses do you think he’s going to get from women? I think that there’s a double standard there - a masculine woman can call herself a “Tom boy” and it’s seen as cute and kind of sexy. A feminine man gets derided.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 1:39:32 PM

If a guy said that his hobbies included cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting how many responses do you think he’s going to get from women?

Not sure but my headline now is:

I enjoy cosmetics,eyebrow plucking & nail painting
 Inicia
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 2:11:52 PM
^^some funny sh*t there SL...
 Spectrallight
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 2:14:31 PM
I'm just easily amused today.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..