Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 51
view profile
History
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
well i am glad you shared lol
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 52
view profile
History
is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..
Posted: 2/27/2019 8:44:47 PM
^^^ Precisely my point. Women have more freedom of choice. A women engaging in traditional male activities is seen as empowered. A man who acts or looks feminine in any way is still seen as the funniest thing in the world.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 12:34:11 AM
Do you think women would be laughing at me if I was taking on the "traditional" role of the house wife? No.

let's not base stuff of my stupid nonsense.

-----------------
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Oh, no ... The TROLL Nyckosi AKA Kissfromarose77 has returned to bash women.
Posted: 2/28/2019 5:33:52 AM
Seriously? You bumped a 10 year old thread just to hijack it for your women bashing agenda?

First of all, Kokanee_Ice, you are basing your entire premise on one woman's opinion, who says she wants a masculine-looking man, so you deduce all of society thinks:
a woman is allowed to be whatever she wants, but a man still has to look and act like a stereotypical traditional male.

Well, you are wrong in your hypothesis, since studies show that women are more attracted to men with a feminine appearance, lucky for you.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1380265/Men-feminine-faces-likely-hit-women.html

Go read Daynadaze's reply at Msg 20. That will shed some light on this topic.

Second, the reason spectrallight's headline is laughable, is because no "woman" would list cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting as a hobby.
That simply reveals how YOUR own view of women and their interests is extremely shallow (and laughable).

Thirdly, you can't have it both ways. You state in Msg 64 that women are "seen as empowered" when they take on traditionally male roles.

Yet in Msg 59, you state
I’ve seen so many profile pics of women hunting, shooting bows and arrows, climbing mountains, lifting weights- not exactly stereotypical female things to do either. The irony is that a lot of these women say that they’re attracted to “masculine” men, when there’s nothing really that feminine about themselves.

So, you think there is nothing really that feminine about women who like traditionally male pursuits, which is your idea of a putdown, yet you want us to believe you think women are "empowered"?

I am sure the 75,000 women who took up the defense of Stalingrad gave a ratz behind how "feminine" you thought they were.
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stalingrad

Conversely, there are fields that grew from "feminine" skills that are still dominated by men: Cooking, baking (Chefs and Pastry chefs), sewing (Clothing designers - Dior, Gucci, Prada, Givenchy, Balmain, Valentino, Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin,etc.), Cosmetics (Makeup artists and companies, like Charles Revson, who created and managed Revlon through five decades) and interior design.

You have admitted you prefer to date IRL, so it is clear that you come here to incite and flame - the classic definition of a Troll, actually.

Come on, you just want to bash women, which is the main reason you are here now, and the reason you were here before to bash women as Nyckosi and Kissfromarose77.

Quit trying to hijack this thread and go somewhere else to whinge about your favorite topic - women having it easier than men.
 oldwxman
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 7:48:56 AM
Don't be too hard on these guys. Fishy. Yeah, they are a bit twinky but it probably isn't their fault. Their mothers must have been abominable. What they call feminine amounts to a shameless, soulless thot. They don't know any better. It's all that they can piece together from the environment and propaganda around them.

What these guys think of as masculine women used to be called tomboys. They don't realize that tomboys are practically the only truly feminine women left in this world. There is a reason for that. People who engage in active (ostensibly masculine) forms of recreation tend to be more grounded. Passive people have a way of being swallowed by pop culture and falling into decadence. Hence, all the soyboy gamers.

It is true that tomboys prefer masculine men. All girls do and tomboys are still girls. What most people don't understand is that it is less what a man does and more how a man thinks that makes him masculine. No need to get into the details. Girls know a masculine man when they see one. A masculine man can get away with anything -- even kissing another man.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 8:56:03 AM

Well, you are wrong in your hypothesis, since studies show that women are more attracted to men with a feminine appearance, lucky for you.

I could show studies that say the opposite. It depends where it was taken, the age group, and the number of people surveyed. Maybe British women are more accepting of effeminate men. Their society seems to be more accepting of gay and transgender people as well.

Second, the reason spectrallight's headline is laughable, is because no "woman" would list cosmetics, eyebrow plucking, and nail painting as a hobby. That simply reveals how YOUR own view of women and their interests is extremely shallow (and laughable).

Oh, but they might list shoe shopping, fashion, and and romance novels as well interests.

Thirdly, you can't have it both ways. You state in Msg 64 that women are "seen as empowered" when they take on traditionally male roles. So, you think there is nothing really that feminine about women who like traditionally male pursuits, which is your idea of a putdown, yet you want us to believe you think women are "empowered"?

As long as a lot of people (men and women) continue to believe that there’s nothing masculine about a male feminist soyboy, I have a right to believe that.

In principle both men and women should be able to do what they want without being questioned about about their masculinity or feminist. Even my gender studies prof agreedrofile that society puts more restrictions on how men dress and behave. Their was a profile review here of a guy wearing a kilt, and he was the butt of more than one snide remark, and yes, from many women.

Come on, you just want to bash women, which is the main reason you are here now, and the reason you were here before to bash women as Nyckosi and Kissfromarose77.

I know Kissfromarose77, but who the hell’s Nyckosi?

Quit trying to hijack this thread and go somewhere else to whinge about your favorite topic - women having it easier than men.

Oh no! Unless you’re a moderator you’re not going to send me anywhere. By the way, I have talked to women who agree with me on this subject.
 Inicia
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 9:49:24 AM
leaving Societal enforced mores,Stereotypes and norms
to choose being an individual with integrity to self, Often will subject one to be a butt of the jokes : Yeah, in understanding that choosing to leave those Enforced norms and mores of feminine/ masculine ;or any acceptable normative behavior, behind we all know the risk we are taking...For some the benefit Of being true to ourselves ( try this again) is far beyond The benefits found in following normative behavior requirements ...many talked about the "wall within me issues"-if we claim and speak our imitations into reality-ok- to believe there are a certain roles we have to play and we are unhappy, yet keep repeating -ad nauseam the limitations with no proactive personal responsibility and accountability -personal growth is often stunted by our need to maintain the status quo comforts and cognitive dissonance related to changing- btw anyone who needs an external moderator has already lost the battle to internal chaos.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 10:20:02 AM
"Seriously? You bumped a 10 year old thread just to hijack it for your women bashing agenda? "

>>>all i can say is, we had a thread where old biddies bashed each other, and that henpecking was painful to watch. but this thread is amusing (to the cynical of human nature) to read from the beginning, only b/c someone goes on about how they want something, b/c too much of that something is bad.

"studies show that women are more attracted to men with a feminine appearance, lucky for you."

>>>i mentioned this in a prior post, but google "birth control changes attraction", and there's some interesting material there. depending upon hormones released, SOME women crave a manly-looking alpha during ovulation and then change to desiring the feminine nuturing type. weird, huh. at least most of us guys just want a big rack :) no, but seriously, women have an asset in society simply b/c humans are animals designed to procreate. Not all women use that advantage, or use it well. but after that simple trick, women still have to deal with abuse, glass ceilings, deciding to be mom or corporate head, and so on.

attractive humans, and wealthy humans, have more options. that doesn't always translate to the easy life. but it can help find the easier life, if they are smart. i, for one, would LOVE to have the problems of the rich or beautiful. not b/c i need more problems, but their problems are better :)
 Inicia
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2019 5:31:06 PM
^^lol grass is always greener in someone else' yard especially when they can afford lawn service!?In order to maintain the highest quality
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2019 7:23:19 AM
If you don't want him, I'll take him. We can do eachother's make-up.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 9:16:39 AM

You have admitted you prefer to date IRL, so it is clear that you come here to incite and flame - the classic definition of a Troll, actually.

No, I’m here so I can ignore women’s messages.
 Coma_White
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 9:55:45 AM

his favorite color is purple..he asks me if his belly is bigger than the next guys as he's walking by [isnt that a girl thing?],instead of flipping the bird to someone who cut him off, he says he was cool and blew him a kiss, i told him he was asking to get his ass kicked..he asks me to go ask the waiter for the check since we had been waiting over an hour...he said he was like "the wife" in his former relationship, doing all the house cleaning,cooking,shopping..this is the third one in the row for me..cant there be nice and testosterone in the same package???

You're complaining about a guy that will do all the house cleaning, cooking and shopping? Will women ever be happy? lol
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 12:44:07 PM
I'll take a sensitive, emotionally mature, nurturing man any day, over a hypermasculine, insecure, homophobic, domineering one who is prone to childlike displays of anger.
 LGL1975
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 4:24:56 PM

instead of flipping the bird to someone who cut him off, he says he was cool and blew him a kiss

Dump him.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 6:37:16 PM
not into the sensitive New Age Guy? I guess these effeminate men are not sought after so they are on the dating scene. Most women want a take charge guy who they feel will be there in a crisis and protect them. Wanting equal rights does not change that basic instinct.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2019 6:38:22 PM
You are wrong. Assertive women are seen as ballbreakers whilst men are seen as masculine and applauded.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 3:17:55 AM
I'm thinking move on if he doesn't fit your mode....pretty simple...lol
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 5:04:20 AM
What's wrong with cooking, cleaning and shopping? Guys who are single are apt to be doing one of those things at least once a week.

If you want to stop dating guys like that, stop picking the ones who wear mom jeans.
 Inicia
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2019 6:19:01 AM
What's wrong with cooking, cleaning and shopping? Guys who are single are apt to be doing one of those things at least once a week.

well if this is the case they are woefully unprepared for life and there is no way i want to put mom jeans on and pick up the slack. shopping once a month; but the other two, for my taste, must happen once a week, at least, for each.. anyone, moderately successful in life is assertive, capable of protecting self, responsible and accountable, as well as considerate and empathetic.. lacking any of these qualities ???? whatever- it's not my life and they won't be sharing my time...
 dondea
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2019 6:58:41 AM

Hey, wait a minute! I'm married and I do all that stuff. Does this mean I'm now a Metroman? Egads! Or, maybe I'm just house trained, lol.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2019 8:55:24 AM
^ I think just house trained hehe.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2019 10:10:53 AM
I was told a man was never successfully house trained until they put the toilet seat down every time without being told.

Of course, nobody said anything about peeing behind a tree in the backyard instead...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2019 11:13:58 AM
I think it's funny the OP was pissy the guy didn't flip the bird
when he was cut off in traffic.

I can't flip the bird on the fly. I have to use one hand to put my
finger up on the other hand, mostly because it feels unnatural
or something.

I'm pretty sure my gesture would lose something in translation.

I also can't close one eye without holding the other one closed.
I suck at winking....and taking pictures with cameras. Thank goodness
for cameras in cellphones.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2019 11:27:16 AM
Flipping the bird to somebody who cut you off has nothing to do with masculinity- it just means that you have an anger problem. Both men and women are capable of road rage.
 backcreek7
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2019 8:49:03 AM

flipping the bird

... WELL !!! I am just VERY disturbed about this horrible, wanton display of animal cruelty > "flipping" an innocent, loving & peaceful lil' bird upsidedown. That poor lil' feathered fowl, you probably scared the living POOP out of the poor wittle thing, as well. I've got a good mind to REPORT this insensitive sucker to his local Audubon society !! IN FACT, consider it done !!!

... I don't know where you ^^ all come from, but around here we don't put up with these kinds of bird shenanigans. Poor things probably traumatized, unable to tweet, poop or fly ever again !!!! Congratulations ! I hope your proud of yourself, you f-in animal abuser you !!!

... heart / poor lil' birdie / sun ...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > is he gay? metrosexual..shit i am sick of these 1/2 way guys..