Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlygrl
Msg: 2
view profile
History
the nightmare continuesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Your profile is a scream!!!

awesome awesome awesome!!!

Yes- I have encountered many things on your list. Im going to
go make it my lifes mission now to find my virginity again.

Fxck this shit- people just suck.

Im sick of being the person who has made you "a better person"
for your next victim.

I think they need another forum tab entitled "BITTERNESS"

Lots of that here too.
 DStoner32
Msg: 4
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/1/2009 1:01:17 PM
Well I haven't even got as far as a message so I can't say I have seen some of things on your list. But I tend to agree with you 100%. You have better luck finding someone in person. Ah and most of the people on here are a joke, I don't even know why I bother with this anymore. So I am just going to keep it short and let you know I feel your pain.
 alan_50501
Msg: 5
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:12:20 PM
i dont get any messages either let alone meet anyone off here
 Sexyangel17
Msg: 7
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:18:10 AM
Honestly stop complaining. If your not impressed with anyones profile on here than get off why are you even on this site than if all your going to do is be negative?
People make their pages according to what they feel is right and what describes them the best. There is a lot of bad stuff to say about yours... Dont register for some dating service if all your going to do is behave like this. Or just suck it up and realize that not everyone on here can fit your standards perfectly.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 14
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/6/2009 12:15:39 PM

ever since feminism and hollywood marginalized men we have lived in dangerous times

You forgot feminism and music producers...songs like Beyonce's "If I were a Boy" scream female bitterness.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 15
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:19:38 PM

when women become bitter from dating all those picture perfect boys

In other words, they learn their lesson

manforrent is cool.
 randomthe3rd
Msg: 17
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:03:10 PM

There are many of us who wish we could find a man, that was exactly what he claimed to be,

I am what I claim to be, but I don't claim to be anything special.
 espantoso
Msg: 18
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:52:20 AM

There are many of us who wish we could find a man, that was exactly what he claimed to be,

I am what I claim to be, but I don't claim to be anything special.

And that, sadly, sums up very nicely the problem for most men on here.
 treetopdaddy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/25/2009 1:17:58 PM
I don't think the answer to all of the online dating woes lies in lining up the men against the women and slinging arrows from both sides to the other. Rather, it would make more sense to encourage an attitude of selflessness, or perhaps a better description would be to combat shallowness. I'm going to make a confession: I've read/deleted some very complimentary emails from ladies merely because their photo/weight/personal habits/profile didn't appeal to me, and I've had my emails read/deleted as well. I'm all about trust, integrity, and truthfulness, and having read this thread of postings, I feel some guilt at my own shallow reactions. I must say, however, that a recent rejection by a very attractive lady who PoF felt would be a 97% match for me in the "Chemistry" section, has put me in a personal tailspin. She was kind enough to respond to my email advance, and she did it in classy style, but the end result is I've been rejected because I'm too old/not attractive/too tall/too dumb, whatever, but I'm left in actually a worse position than had she simply read/deleted my advances.
I think we all could use a dose of personal responsibility for our own feelings. Other people can't influence the way you feel about yourself unless you allow them that power. In my case, I recognize the symptoms and am dealing with my reaction to this rejection, and I'm going to be okay, after all, this person's response is truthful and not meant to harm me, and I responded by wishing her well. We all will end up okay no matter what happens so long as we don't come across some of those people who have evil intentions and who could do irreparable harm by their actions (I hope those are in the minority). In the meantime, isn't this kind of fun not knowing who is going to come into your life next, and what may come of such a meeting?
 tranquilake
Msg: 20
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/28/2009 3:02:35 PM
TT, sweet, she didn't reject you--- she didn't know you. True, she may have lost out on something great because she didn't even give it a chance. But save your tailspin for when you are seeing someone and really into them and THEN they reject you. Ouch. !!
In response to the original post, I have had emails read/deleted with no response and I figure they just save me some trouble. It does irk me when I send emails back and forth and he writes one line or just keeps the conversation hanging--I tire of that easily. Or when he doesn't ask to meet after 3 or 4 emails-- I don't pursue those. Maybe I've got the wrong idea, I don't know. You meet ALL kinds here, just like in other venues.
 Isabella_the_Lost
Msg: 21
the nightmare continues
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:35:06 PM
I'm late coming to this thread, and I'm really new to POF. I began looking through the forums tonight due to a couple of emails that were unbelievably cruel, mean-spirited, etc. I was seriously beginning to think I'm not thick-skinned enough to do the dating thing again.... I'm still not convinced.

But I'm glad I found this thread. Now at least I don't think it's just me.

The business of just getting back out there in the world, 'pre-dating,' is tough. But the whackos really make it a lot tougher.

Thanks for posting this thread. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >