Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How young is too young?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 226
How young is too young?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
well children and bad habits better than a bad attitude... u know... take tons of baggage with a good attitude...
 pedaljumper
Msg: 227
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/17/2013 8:50:05 PM
99% is an exaggeration, but I agree with him. At no point in my life would I ever have taken anyone more then a few years older then me seriously. Some guys would, but most view such a relationship sexually. The older more experienced woman fantasy...
 OmarDLFuente
Msg: 228
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:28:10 PM
I wish I could find mature women that were interested in younger men in my area. I could really use someone more experienced to teach me a couple of things :/
 Inicia
Msg: 229
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:39:22 PM
I do understand individuals wanting permanent relationships with the person they create children with and being the only biological father or mother in the house. However I would be curious to know why every women in your area since you have been dating( I am assuming since a much earlier age) has not ever met your standards for partnership assuming you weren't dating women with baggage when you were 19.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 230
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:24:57 PM
The man that I like right now is 19 years younger than me. We get along great. Better than with men my age I have met online and dated. There is no guarantee in life that any relationship will work out, so I'm giving this as serious a shot as I would if he was closer to my age. And we look good together, not creepy.
 VTECturbo
Msg: 231
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:30:21 PM
^ I'm assuming you mean me?

Well, when I was 19-24 I really wasn't dating. I figured I had the time, so I would enjoy FWB situations, some women with, or even without baggage. But, I should have had a nice supply of baggage free ladies when I was done with that phase, right?

Wrong! 25+, I have been more towards the serious side, but as not deprive myself, I let women with baggage on a FWB's. But that is a determination made if they've been married, have kids, and in many cases, in this area, is more common than I think it should be, dont have a car, a job, or shows no interest in obtaining either. In many cases, one female has ALL of these red flags. So many females here wont do the basic necessities of life, one wonders how they manage. Obviously, I'm not taking care of a grown ass "kid" and especially some other man's kids.

So, since the 19 year old in question is at least doing that much, and has no kid, I figure it's not a bad situation compared to my own sorry contemporaries.
 AquaLinda
Msg: 232
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:57:30 AM
Pig, I'm taking it one day at a time. Guys my age haven't worked out, so why not give this a shot.
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 233
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:00:32 PM

The man that I like right now is 19 years younger than me. We get along great. Better than with men my age I have met online and dated. There is no guarantee in life that any relationship will work out, so I'm giving this as serious a shot as I would if he was closer to my age. And we look good together, not creepy.

There is a 22 year age difference between my parents, it has worked for them for over 43 years.
:-)
 AquaLinda
Msg: 234
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:40:15 PM
Travis, but I bet it's your Dad who is the older one, no? Sadly, it only seems to work when the guy is older, not when the woman is the older one. Then again, Mary Kay Letourneau is still married to her young man, so there is hoping, LOL.
 Keeper_of_Secrets
Msg: 235
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:32:29 PM
Yes it is actually.

Not always the case.

My wife is older than me. :-)
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 236
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:18:54 AM
I'm 51. I hear from guys as young as 25, which I find a bit awkward. 28, not so awkward. I enjoy travel, spontaneous adventures, dancing, comedy shows, concerts, etc., so feel comfortable with a wide age range.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 237
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:32:55 AM
(AquaLinda) Then again, Mary Kay Letourneau is still married to her young man, so there is hoping, LOL.

Wasn't Mary Kay Letourneau convicted of sexual interference with a minor, or something?

EDIT Oh yeah, she was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau
 AquaLinda
Msg: 238
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:38:55 PM
Arlo Troutman - it was a JOKE. But they are actually still together and married. And no, I don't go for minors. I want a MAN, not a child.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 239
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:42:23 PM

(AquaLinda) Arlo Troutman - it was a JOKE. But they are actually still together and married. And no, I don't go for minors. I want a MAN, not a child.

Nothing worse than someone who passes off a "joke", who can't recognize a little good-natured teasing in return...
 Notruelly
Msg: 240
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:34:44 PM
I don't think it's creepy, but then again I am my own individual. I like all women ,of all shapes, all colors, and all ages. Though there are some limits to that (like nothing over 50, and nothing over 200 lbs).
 De-Fi
Msg: 241
How young is too young?
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:42:54 AM
When I was 20, I was with a 30 year old woman. It felt different, I allowed her to treat me harshly, I couldn't compete with her as far as experience and knowledge, so I just did what I could. My last relationship was with a woman 10 years older than that. But two relationships before that, I dated a 20 year old. My last gf was 20 years older than her. Yet there was no real difference in their maturity. In fact, the 20 year old was much farther along I think this shouldn't be approached from whether or not society accepts it, because if you make personal decisions based on that, you'll always be miserable. If the both of you are comfortable, that's far more important because you could be with someone the same age, and that makes people happy, yet you aren't comfortable with them. I don't personally prefer younger or older women, but the reason I stay away from women younger than 25 is because a girl younger is going to experiences drastic changes in thought and experience and they will typically grow out of you, as with many other significant attachments in their life. So I prefer someone who is more settled, and has a better chance to really know what they want at that particular time in their life.
 TomHearing
Msg: 242
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/2/2013 8:07:47 AM
Those youngs guy most likely don't want a relationship with gramz, noamsayn?
 noir_dame
Msg: 243
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/2/2013 12:26:20 PM
The only relationship I had with a guy my age was my marriage, we were together for 10+ years. Since then I have been consistently approached by men 10-13 years younger than me, one had proposed after a year of being together. I think in some cases the age thing is just a number but there is a whole lot more to it than just that, as there is in any relationship.

Compatibility, stability, employment, dependability, mutual support and encouragement. I'm at a different stage in my life, more conscious of how my actions will effect my future and I am not (sadly) independently wealthy enough to have the sort of unstructured life style I indulged in in my early 20's. I don't consider myself old, I'm sure some do but I am definitely more aware and accountable for my life.

It's always a joy when people demand to see my ID to prove my age, like I say immaturity keeps me young even if responsibility has me making smarter choices. Choices including who I share my life with. Age is a factor, but it is not a deal breaker, the key is honesty with each other on goals, who you are, who you want to be and how you plan to get there.
 JayPaul87
Msg: 244
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/2/2013 1:07:34 PM
I LOVE older women, I think 8 out of 10 women I speak to on here are older than me, sometimes they message me but mostly I message them.
Iv been on a few dates with a woman 11 years older than me but shes moving country soon so that sucks.
Some women even just 5 years older than me dont like the idea that I am younger but thats cool I cant blame them we all have our different fancies.
Iv met women in their 40's as well and I dont even see a problem with it. Just up to the individuals
 kingdavid2013
Msg: 245
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/2/2013 4:19:12 PM
i dont like gettin hit on by older women , its like i get possessed to do whatever they want me to ,i met this chick sara at the bar like a month ago , she was 43 lithuainin or whatever,, after spending my whole friday night off ina corner of the bar with her , just talking about shit , she started talkin about how much she loves oral ,, i got her to go by these makeshift bathroom things they had set up outside, i went down on her,,,then shes like "my husband called me 14 times , ill be right back" ,, im like wtf man? so yea i hope an older chick never approaches me again , i like controlling my own thoughts and making my own decisions , it just WASNT FAIR at all man
 toooldtoplay
Msg: 246
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/2/2013 5:21:58 PM
If she is too much older than me it could get creepy but I will get out the rocking chairs just in case.
 dan88anew
Msg: 247
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/3/2013 10:10:51 AM
Got hit on by a women who was 31 the other week im 24. Personally I was flattered was nice to know that she felt I had something to offer. Age different didnt bother me at all. And theirs nothing I like more in a women than someone who has the confidence to go for what she wants when she see's it.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 248
How young is too young?
Posted: 2/3/2013 11:27:45 AM

(kingdavid2013) i dont like gettin hit on by older women , its like i get possessed to do whatever they want me to...

*shrug* If you give up your self-autonomy to a woman, regardless of her age, I suspect your problem isn't the age difference as such, but your lack of assertiveness.
 lynnyarb
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Personally...
Posted: 2/5/2013 10:31:17 AM
op I have always been approached by younger guys for some reason..even on here 25,26 and 27yrs old..I refuse to date anyone younger than my son who is 41. I get a lot of upset responses when I explain that they are just too young. Even though they all say"but I just like older women" or" age is just a number", I can't do it. It is not just a hang up about age but I look at the fact that what happens if we fall in love ... when I am 70 and he is 50, what would make him stay around?? I just try to stay a little closer to my age group.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 250
Personally...
Posted: 2/5/2013 1:18:49 PM
17 is too young.

/thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How young is too young?