Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How young is too young?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sdnsweetman
Msg: 176
view profile
History
How young is too young?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
For me I love music, so for me you have to be at least 21 or I won't look twice, that has been my rule for over a decade.

Though over the years, most woman I have dated have been no younger than 5 years, and no older than 10 years.

Its about the person not the age(as long as it legal), if it makes me feel creepy then it must be the wrong person.
 Jaycal77
Msg: 177
Personally...
Posted: 9/18/2012 6:48:25 AM
This is a tricky subject. I would never fault a older woman for being attracted to a younger man. Most men are attracted to younger women, not all of course. That being said, I am 35 and I live in a college town, where most of the women are in their early twenties. I have been hit on and asked out, it is very flattering. The problem is there is no substance, I have no common interest's. I have tried going on dates, but hearing about college life and parties is something I did years ago. I think to each their own, imo I feel comfortable at the eight year mark, that being someone at 27.
 psytle
Msg: 178
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/18/2012 4:17:19 PM
1) What is considered "normal" age range (just for comparison sake) for dating?

If you have to ask, then there's a good chance that you are too [fill in the blank].

Sorry.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 179
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/18/2012 4:35:42 PM
For most men, we would ideally date a woman close to our age range or below. Above is ok, but if it looks like you are his mom or you guys get into a mother child relationship. Things will unhinge.

In terms of women hitting on him that are older, well that depends on their personal preference.
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 180
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/18/2012 5:05:47 PM
In terms of a relationship, too young is when they haven't had the same opportunities that you have and life experiences; having children and a family of their own, which they would most likely want- not all, but most.
If I were 36 I would most definitely want to date in my peer group- quite tightly, actually, but you have already stated that you have found that you are most comfortable dating 10 years each way-
 LadyGwendolen
Msg: 181
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/20/2012 5:26:32 PM
I personaly feel that IF you have children, you shouldn't date someone in the same age range as your oldest child.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 182
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/21/2012 8:26:25 PM
oh yeah the young guys! sweet things! my max is 15 years, even that is a little ahhh, but I wouldn't let it stop me. sometimes you just can't help yourself with those 21/22 year olds! I feel completely comfortable with a 10 year age gap.

like the one woman character from one of my favorite shows stated when asked by her girlfriend if she should sleep with a guy significantly younger:
'Is he over 18?'
'yes'
'rock on!!!'
 musclelamb
Msg: 183
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:09:52 PM
All is normal is cool,i was 16,when i kissed my teacher 34.
I am a great guy today,thanks to her.
She never left any emotional scars on me.
I am traumatized for life,like some crazy prosecutors insist out there

Teaching love is not a crime.
 VTECturbo
Msg: 184
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 5:36:42 AM
^ Dude I'm 29. I'll consider a 17 year old if it's the only way to get a female who hasn't had a kid yet. Soon, it might be.
 CaptainA.D
Msg: 185
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:16:41 AM

^ Dude I'm 29. I'll consider a 17 year old if it's the only way to get a female who hasn't had a kid yet. Soon, it might be

Thats a great way to get thrown in jail.
 abmccray
Msg: 186
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 11:56:45 AM
Age of consent in Ohio is 16, so he's in the clear by a year.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 187
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 1:36:01 PM
^ Dude I'm 29. I'll consider a 17 year old if it's the only way to get a female who hasn't had a kid yet. Soon, it might be.

If I were your Mother, I'd slap you silly. If I were the mother of the hypothetical 17 year old, I'd slap you silly, ground her azz and very likely make a legal stink. Shame on you for even thinking in terms of a girl of that age.

Age of consent in Ohio is 16, so he's in the clear by a year.

Age of consent isn't all to consider. He'd be acting in a criminal manner in Ohio, not because she's not the legal age of consent, but rather:

Ohio Law does not legally refer to Statutory Rape, but instead has provisions for it under two separate codes:
Rape
No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another person who is not the spouse of the offender or who is the spouse of the offender but is living separate and apart from the offender, and is less than thirteen years of age, whether or not the offender knows the age of the other person. It is a felony in the first degree punishable by not less than five (5) years to life in prison depending on the circumstances.

Unlawful Sexual Conduct With Minor
No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard. It is a felony of the fourth degree and punishable by six (6) to eighteen (180 months in prison. If the offender is less that four years older than the victim, a $1,000 fine is instead imposed, or if the offender is 10 or more years older than the victim, the sentence is one (1) to five (5) years in prison.

He'd not be her spouse and he'd be more than 10 years older than her. The age of consent is NEVER all there is to consider when thinking in terms of having sex with a person under the legal age of majority (which is 18-21 years depending on the State.
 VTECturbo
Msg: 188
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:36:33 PM

If I were your Mother, I'd slap you silly. If I were the mother of the hypothetical 17 year old, I'd slap you silly, ground her azz and very likely make a legal stink. Shame on you for even thinking in terms of a girl of that age.

Whatever. How about 18, then?

Being 17 wasn't the point. All that matters to me is that she doesnt have a kid already. Thats matters before' love' IMO. If I have to get an 18 year old right out of high school, so be it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 189
How young is too young?
Posted: 9/25/2012 9:27:44 PM

I don't think you have the correct info.

Really? Here ya go:

I do not recall that any state has an age of consent as high as 21.

I didn't say the age of consent. I said the legal age of majority. Entirely different than the age of consent.
(Age of majority: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority)

I think the highest age of consent is 18, and you'd be shocked to know that
the age of consent in some states is as low as 14.
Worldwide, I'd say the average age of consent is probably about 15.

Don't know why you think that would shock me. I'm well aware. Much like I'm well aware some states have different ages of consent for hetero minors versus gay/lesbian minors.

Worldwide, I'd say the average age of consent is probably about 15.

That doesn't mean it's legal for a man over the age of MAJORITY to sleep with her. As I stated above. It's a whole lot more complicated than a state consent age. (In case you neglected to read the Ohio law above, and since you seem to have completely missed the mark on the laws as they pertain to each individual state, here's another link in which you may educate yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

Like it or not, if a woman is 18 in most of the states, a guy of any age can date her,
and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You can blab all night and all day about pedophiles and
molesters and sex offenders. Knock yourself out. You think that's some kind of grand strategy to keep older guys
away from younger women. Won't work.
But nice try!

I said NOTHING about pedophiles/molesters or sex offenders. That's your projection. JMO
 easyday76
Msg: 190
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/3/2012 11:45:33 AM
I personally as a 36 year old guy would feel a little weird about dating a, lets say, 22 year old girl. Never mind that their will be a vast difference in the level of maturity and just the general mindset but I would feel more than a little awkward meeting her parents if it came to that and wondering what they would think of a guy my age dating someone that young althought maybe that's just a hang up I have. That being said I think the age thing is more of a cultural issue (to a point) because in times past and in some cultures some people got married, had kids, ect very young, much younger than here in the states. Not saying that necessarily right but it was the culture. It's really a maturity issue from my viewpoint although in my opinion I don't care how "together" an 18-22 year old guy is, there is no way he's going to be on the same level as a 30 year old woman. That being said since I've hit my 30's I have typically dated and meshed better with girls a little older than me, anywhere from a couple to 5 or 6 years older and got along really well. I have never really had a "great" relationship with a younger girl. I'd say and this is just my personal view point but once you are in your 20's or 30's + or - 5 years, and the gap widens as you get a little older. Just my 2 cents.
 easyday76
Msg: 191
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/3/2012 11:48:48 AM
I feel ya on not being able to find a girl without kids. Although I would never go that young it seems that most females at least in my neck of the woods 3 out of 4 and that's not exaguration, married or single have kids by the age of 22-23. I don't dislike kids in any way but I would perfer to get to know someone a little before a child comes into the picture but it's getting to where that's almost an impossibility.
 easyday76
Msg: 192
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:08:21 PM
exactly right, guys like me don't want to date a 25 year old who's idea of a good time is hanging out at "the club" till 2 am and we also don't want to deal with a 35 year old divorcee with 3 kids. Nothing wrong with that, its called holding out for what you want and not settling, not everyone is desperate enough to take what they can get just to not be alone. And there are plenty of "older" gals that aren't divorccd with kids, what have you, in the larger more career oriented cities, unfortunetely for those of us who live in small townsville that's not the case. I'd still rather wait for someone that fits what I am looking for than settle but hey to each his own.
 ItsZodiac
Msg: 193
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:20:02 PM
^ What he said!
Exactly what in common would a woman in her mid-30's be doing hanging out at a college campus waiting for her next boyfriend to get out of Biology class? He's 18-20 so they can't drink adult beverages (if that's their thing). They can't discuss life changes on the same level. A 34 year old woman has twice the experience. It sounds like some sort of fear of aging if you get with someone much younger. Like a Peter Pan syndrome.

Even sexually, younger people don't know what the hell they're doing.
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 194
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/5/2012 7:16:15 AM
Ok green eyes I googled this

I didn't say the age of consent. I said the legal age of majority. Entirely different than the age of consent.
(Age of majority: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority)

and found that you are just blowing smoke. Age of Majority is an entirely different subject. The topic is Age of Consent - I could not find any reference to your 10yr age gap .... post links please
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 195
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/5/2012 3:05:32 PM
"" don't think a guy would consider any older woman hitting on him creepy""
If Morgan Fairchild was knocking @ my door,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 196
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/11/2012 8:12:50 PM
Since women generally outlive men by 7-9 years dating a guy that much younger means you will potentially have more time together if the the relationship ends in a wedding. I try to stick +/- 9 years myself...I do not want to date anyone as young as my sons or old as my father.
 oly1978
Msg: 197
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/18/2012 2:57:15 PM
The age question. I won't even talk to a girl under 25. Any younger and they have no life experience and are generally annoying self centered party girls. Also I am a teacher and 21 is 3-4 years away from the age of some of the kids I teach and that's creepy in my opinion. Older women: As long as they don't look haggard, used up, and old. I went out with a 39 year old because she was gorgeous and looked 29. Then again it's subjective and different for everyone.
 DragonBits
Msg: 198
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:00:37 AM

The age question. I won't even talk to a girl under 25. Any younger and they have no life experience and are generally annoying self centered party girls.

Yet your age filter is set 21-38, but I guess MSGs aren't the same as talking.
 wildlifelover79
Msg: 199
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:49:30 PM
Women under the age of 30 in my area are just wanting friendship and aren't into serious long-term relationships that are committed. 99% of the women are shallow and care only about looks and money! That is why all the good looking women end up with the basketball, baseball or football players. They want the jocks and the guys who have jobs like lawyers or doctors.
 oly1978
Msg: 200
view profile
History
How young is too young?
Posted: 10/20/2012 4:32:38 PM
@dragonbits is it still set that low? Whoops forgot to change it. Thanks man.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > How young is too young?