Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 351
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

As for the men, I don't look at their profiles, but I doubt any are sexy.

OMG some of them are very sexy indeed.. There is one man that is 61 that is probably the sexiest man I have ever laid my little beady eyes on.

thecatsmeoww
 Ahappygal
Msg: 352
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?
Posted: 11/4/2009 5:51:50 PM

I dont see any older men or women as being sexy.

Yeah...a turkey neck with quite a few chins and a big belly...
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 353
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:08:46 PM

Some of the women posting in the over 45 threads are pretty. None are "sexy".
As for the men, I don't look at their profiles, but I doubt any are sexy.

Just a thought that is kind of mind boggling.....something is just bothering me with your postings on here just a weee little bit.......
Your posting in the over 45 age group.......and your 43 yrs old.....
So are you to old for your age group? Or won't they play with you?
But my friend just to let you know.....since you aren't as old as most of us...you too will be this age. And you to are closing the gap as not being sexy.....just you wait and see. Now go home and play nicely with others.....and they might let you back in.....
 FORCAS
Msg: 354
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:35:34 PM

Your posting in the over 45 age group.......and your 43 yrs old.....
So are you to old for your age group? Or won't they play with you?
But my friend just to let you know.....since you aren't as old as most of us...you too will be this age. And you to are closing the gap as not being sexy.....just you wait and see. Now go home and play nicely with others.....and they might let you back in.....
My Dear Sweet Ms blueyesrsmiling ,
I concur and affirm your post..
Isn't it amazing how the "perfect" people,
the "wanna-be's", etc... all seem to "know it all"..??
But ONLY when they think the REAL "bad-boys" are away....
Jeepers...
bet if some of these "folks" keep it up...
a LOT of "closets" will be opened..
As for me...
I am fine and doing well..
and I know.. I KNOW..!
(that my "photo" looks like a "heavily altered David Bowie")
What did ya expect..?? General Westmorland..??...
I'm outta here..
--- ? ---
 Just-a-Regular-Guy
Msg: 355
Posted: 11/4/2009 6:41:07 PM
[Quote][My Dear Sweet Ms blueyesrsmiling ,

I ALSO concur and affirm both my alter/ego above
AND your post..

Isn't it amazing how the "perfect" people,
the "wanna-be's", etc... all seem to "know it all"..??
But ONLY when they think the REAL "bad-boys" are away....
Jeepers...
bet if some of these "folks" keep it up...
a LOT of "closets" will be opened..
As for me...
I am fine and doing well..
and I know.. I KNOW..!
(that my "photo" looks like a "heavily altered David Bowie")
What did ya expect..?? General Westmorland..??...
I'm outta here..
--- ? ---
And CRIPES...
I likes MY wimmins like I likes my coffee...
HOT and sweeeeettt............
Now I'm outta here tooooooo.....
--- ?? ---
 Blues1963
Msg: 356
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:21:03 PM
I'm with Ismene and the others about some people being so stuck on themselves they're a turnoff. Whenever I see "I look so much younger than my real age" or "my freinds all tell my I don't look my age" I see some insecure as hell with their own aging process, and also someone that's liable to fault me for my own age.

Then there's the ones that look so good you can't understand why they're still not taken, until you finally see a truly current photo put up.

I'm not especially tall or classically handsome, but I'm fair looking, healthier than most men my age, and smarter than 90% of the people I meet. Intimidated? Never. Realistic about whether a woman will find me interesting? Very. Why waste my time with the estrogen producing Peter pans?
 Ahappygal
Msg: 357
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:40:10 PM

I see "I look so much younger than my real age" or "my freinds all tell my I don't look my age" I see some insecure as hell with their own aging process, and also someone that's liable to fault me for my own age.

I'm fair looking, healthier than most men my age, and smarter than 90% of the people I meet.

I can't find the difference between you and those who say they are younger than their ages.
 Blues1963
Msg: 358
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:50:42 PM
The difference is I can quantify it. I scored 1300 on my SAT my sophomore year of high school, I scored in the 98th percentile on the State of Oregon's placement tests for employment, and I'd say i can only get about one in 10 guys around my age to go on the full distance of the walk I take every day. I also eat healthier than anyone else I know my age.

If you look at my profile, I don't go into being smarter or healthier, I only talk about valuing health and intelligence. I don't go on about "My freinds all say I'm the smartest person they know" or "Only women with resting heart rates below 60 need apply".

That's a helluva lot different from some 42 year old woman that you just KNOW is at least 44 going on about how she looks 30......
 kari135
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:01:44 PM
Blues, I meant to ask the other day and forgot - or got distracted - was 'home sweet home' a working troller or was she ever used as a puker boat? Just curious.
 Ahappygal
Msg: 360
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:12:42 PM

The difference is I can quantify it.

Many guys say they are 10 years younger than their ages, which is also quantified.
 Kennedy3
Msg: 361
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:12:59 PM
just an observation...i went on a speed dating event recently. it was an older men/older women event that was cancelled. age range was 40-55 for both genders. 15 women and 2 men showed up. the event planner said that is often the case. in his experience, older men dont want to date women in their age range., fo rwhatever reason. it doesnt seem to me that intimidation is a factor. they will hit on me when a younger woman isnt available. they also arent lacking confidence when they take my 25 year old friend to dinner and then to the channel boutique on a first date.lol...
 Blues1963
Msg: 362
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:54:16 PM
Now see, Kennedy is a truly hot 50 year old that I WOULD guess to be younger, but nowhere in her profile does she go on about it.

Kari, My boat is a 1967 Grand Banks pleasure trawler. Never was a commercial puker, though it might have been in a charter fleet at some point. 36 feet, 4 feet of draft, 24,000lb of teak, oak and mahogany and powered by the original 98hp Ford Lehman deisels.

She's a sexy, hefty older lady with real curves and a whole lot of class
 daffie
Msg: 363
Posted: 11/4/2009 9:36:55 PM
hey there clockwork lime...

by your own admission you only have 2 years left to sex it up...

then you had better retire to the "unsexy for ever more" forums...
 Levi501s
Msg: 364
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:02:44 PM
Maybe, just maybe, older men aren't so much as intimidated by an older sexy woman, but rather....startled.

In my experience, it's rather rare to find a fit older woman. Not trying to be mean, but a lot of mature women want to rationalize the "few extra pounds" rather than do something to reduce their weight.

Ever notice how many suddenly single women go on a diet?

just a thought

EDIT for below: The knife cuts both ways, no doubt. But, that wasn't the topic.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:08:43 PM

Maybe, just maybe, older men aren't so much as intimidated by an older sexy woman, but rather....startled.

In my experience, it's rather rare to find a fit older woman. Not trying to be mean, but a lot of mature women want to rationalize the "few extra pounds" rather than do something to reduce their weight.

Ever notice how many suddenly single women go on a diet?

just a thought

No. But I have noticed how many men should go on a diet and not post "athletic" as their body type.
 DaringGreatly
Msg: 366
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:14:45 PM
I'm fine with dating women my age, but, c'mon ladies, get some decent pix taken!

The profiles for the 10's and the 5's read pretty much the same, the only difference is the picture. Put some effort in and you'll get more response.

Don'ts
Camera pic w/mirror
Obvious old pic
Pic that looks like it was taken from orbit you're so far away
"Just looking around/checking things out" in description.
2 line description

Do's
Professional, recent, pix. Good head shot, good body shot.
Pix should project confidence, and ultimately, you.
Put some personality in your profile. How are you NOT a typical female. Teach me something about you.
If you don't like your body fix it. If you do, show it.

Do yourself a favor, search for women and your age group and read their profiles. Then write something not at all like those profiles. Be different and you'll get responses even it is just "Cool profile".
 SherTenn
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:24:56 PM
Do mature women intimidate mature men..? No..
Does their sexuality make a man uneasy..? No..

Do mature women scare the hell outa immature boys..? Yes..

Duh..

Jim

And by the way.. the term is not 'older'..

It's 'chronologically advantaged..'..!
 abby156
Msg: 368
Posted: 11/4/2009 10:57:47 PM
*In my experience, it's rather rare to find a fit older woman. Not trying to be mean, but a lot of mature women want to rationalize the "few extra pounds" rather than do something to reduce their weight.

Ever notice how many suddenly single women go on a diet?*
It doesnt seem to matter levi, I am thin and I am not getting many dates. I recall being 20 something and getting hit on by men 40+. I suppose older men still try to hook up with younger women.
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 369
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:01:45 AM
All I know that if someone doesn't like me because of my age.......so sad to bad. I can't control others thoughts, feelings and attitude. But I can control what I think and say and do...
Men and Women have a problem with weight gain. Men have other problems as they get older just as women do........ED, hair loss.....women hormone swings, both are fighting weight gain. But many of us take what we have and make the best out of it. And work hard at eating right, staying fit. But that doesn't make a wonderful personality. It does however makes us look better which is more appealing to the sexes. I have seen both sexes with drop dead gorgeous people that have the personality of a snake. I don't have a problem with the other sexes wanting something that makes them shine a little brighter even if its looks instead of personality.....
Me.....I want someone that makes me smile, enjoys coffee early in the morning and someone that can keep up with me. I perfer laughing loud.....so if they aren't as shiny and new as they use to be that is okay.......neither am I.........
 clockwork lime
Msg: 370
Posted: 11/5/2009 6:54:07 AM

hey there clockwork lime...

by your own admission you only have 2 years left to sex it up...

then you had better retire to the "unsexy for ever more" forums...

Well, I don't consider myself "sexy". I don't think I ever have, even when I was younger. It was rarely something that bothered me.
"Sexy" is best left to the young folk. After a certain age (maybe 25 or so) people who desire to be viewed as "sexy" still haven't learned not to measure their own worth by what others think of them.
A bunch of 40+ yr old people calling themselves sexy. Give me a break.
 whytwater
Msg: 371
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:45:03 AM

All I know (is) that if someone doesn't like me because of my age.......so sad to bad. I can't control others thoughts, feelings and attitude. But I can control what I think and say and do...

Best-expressed approach to life I've read yet, even to the hint of the taunt. Lol

But many of us take what we have and make the best out of it. And work hard at eating right, staying fit. But that doesn't make a wonderful personality. It does however makes us look better which is more appealing to the sexes.

Geeshh, open-minded, as well!

I have seen both sexes with drop dead gorgeous people that have the personality of a snake.

I've stumbled across a few of those- they slither, too. And take every approach as a threat, get goose-necked, and strike at ya. Ugh.

I don't have a problem with the other sexes wanting something that makes them shine a little brighter even if its looks instead of personality.....

Lol. Not sure how many "other sexes" you can see, but my primitive thinking still counts just the two, with subsets. Still, what a great mindset, turning all our lights on!!

.....I want someone that makes me smile, enjoys coffee early in the morning and someone that can keep up with me. I perfer laughing loud.....so if they aren't as shiny and new as they use to be that is okay.......neither am I.........

All this from a kinda earthy beacon in Mizzou who has a thing for "stinky animals". Lol Ya know, it's a shame everybody on this site, and in this plight, doesn't have to take an oath of allegiance to this lady's generous outlook, pretty much as she lays it out. Somewhere at the threshold of this site, Markus reserves the right to ban anyone who is patently "unfit to date". Lol Blueeyesrsmiling strikes me as eminently "dateable".
 caddboy
Msg: 372
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:09:54 AM
Sometimes we are, especially when they have power tools and know how to use them.
 cotter
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 10:41:05 AM

Sometimes we are, especially when they have power tools and know how to use them.

Oh dear ... DO have power tools ... ... ... and DO know how to use them.

Been playing around with power tools since I was a kid, but it never kept any men from liking me and dating me and wanting .......... well, you know.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 10:48:15 AM

wanting .......... well, you know

To borrow your router?
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 375
Posted: 11/5/2009 12:03:22 PM

Well, I don't consider myself "sexy".

Sexy is attitude.......and you don't have it....that's why you don't feel sexy.....to be sexy you gotta feel sexy........

"Sexy" is best left to the young folk

Just a little follow up.........but aren't you 43 yrs old? And isn't this the over 45 yr ?
You are feeling way to old for your age.....you might wear your age with grimace but as young as you still are it is a shame you wear you feelings and attitude of that of someone who is way older than the rest of us........to be so dour shows. Shows in the way you write. I can only hope one day your heart starts healing. Age is a number. Sexy whenever you want or are with the right person is as easy as smiling and having them smile back, a smile that reaches someone eyes and you know its just for you or someone reaching and grabbing your hand.....sexy is sometimes defined by the media as movie star good looks.......but that seldom happens for most of us. To see sexy is to be in the moment with someone that only they will do....and for that moment you are amazing. I lost my Husband whenever he was one year younger than you. I decided right then and there not to let life pass me by. Right now my friend you are stuck in a rut with your attitude. And you never know how long your life is going to be. So instead of being a Dour person get busy with the exciting life of living and quit focusing so much on age...you are a handsome man...now make your heart fit your outside.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?