Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?Page 15 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

Just yesterday, he walked right up to the front door and took a dump, while I was watching.

The neighbour or his dog? The land of Oz indeed!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 352
Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?
Posted: 11/6/2009 10:01:44 AM

The only reason for that I can think of is if it is a man who cannot perform sexually, not at all or not very well. That would be a reason for someone to be wary of a sexually dynamic older woman.

Hmmmm that sounds like a good reason, never thought of it really..

thecatsmeoww
 cotter
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 11:17:03 AM

Once we get to know what the tools will be used for, we will be much more at ease and probably lusting by then.
that is lusting for the tools...right
Oh contraire ..... a woman that owns power tools and knows how to use them is extremely desireable, of course that is just my opinion.
Wow!!!! A man after my own heart!!!!

Ya ... there aren't too many of us out there ... and not all that many men actually lusting after us (sigh)... but believe me, once they catch us ... they know what they've got. WHEW!!!! ... gives me goose bumps just thinking about it ...

Ismene2 (Message 408)
Some men seem to be intimidated by intelligent women.
Good point Ismene2 ... I've also ventured out there with that one. Be careful pointing that out in here because there are guys lurking around in here who will want your head on a platter for even insinuating such a thing ... voice of experience speaking here.

Being intimidated by a sexy woman, of any age? The only reason for that I can think of is if it is a man who cannot perform sexually, not at all or not very well. That would be a reason for someone to be wary of a sexually dynamic older woman.
Oh dear ... taking a real chance with that one too. There are guys in here who will call you a "man-basher" or "man-hater" for making statements like that. LMAO, Ismene2 ... run for cover!!!!!
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 354
Posted: 11/6/2009 11:27:16 AM

Oh dear ... taking a real chance with that one too. There are guys in here who will call you a "man-basher" or "man-hater" for making statements like that. LMAO, Ismene2 ... run for cover!!!!!

Got my sneakers on here tooooo..

thecatsmeoww
 startle
Msg: 355
Posted: 11/6/2009 1:17:09 PM
in order to answer this question intelligently, a woman would first have to put herself in the shoes an older man...after years of self pride in his ability to perform admirably. in the sexual arena..he now finds himself, out of work...of course, he would feel a loss of confidence...when he is confronted by an older woman who still wants it...perhaps now more that ever..he feels a sense of...where were you when i needed you....he could try to please you in other areas...gifts, money, dinners, emotional support, loyalty...however...i am sure his sense of loss is profound....
 caddboy
Msg: 356
Posted: 11/6/2009 3:27:51 PM

Wow!!!! A man after my own heart!!!!

Ya ... there aren't too many of us out there ... and not all that many men actually lusting after us (sigh)... but believe me, once they catch us ... they know what they've got. WHEW!!!! ... gives me goose bumps just thinking about it ...

I only think it's fair that if I know how to cook that a woman should be comfortable around power tools. The more that we both have in common the better. It is definately not a requirement though. It is just one trait in a woman that I find sexy...confidence.
 ihaveapulse
Msg: 357
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:04:23 PM
Oh please, you start talking to women in there forties about sex and they think you are only after one thing anyway.
What i cant understand is why women think men should behave like gentleman when they are older when most men still think like there 25 and look at sexy women no matter what there age.
 Ahappygal
Msg: 358
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:29:50 PM

I am thin and I am not getting many dates. I recall being 20 something and getting hit on by men 40+.

20 are many. I got none...
 kari135
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:30:39 PM

Oh please, you start talking to women in there forties about sex and they think you are only after one thing anyway.

Ummm, it depends on when you start talking about it. Sex is not exactly the best topic for beginning a conversation with someone you don't know.

Yeah, I do realize I'm not in my forties anymore, but it hasn't been so long ago that I've forgotten what it was like.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 360
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:05:28 PM

I only think it's fair that if I know how to cook that a woman should be comfortable around power tools. The more that we both have in common the better. It is definately not a requirement though. It is just one trait in a woman that I find sexy...confidence.

..Pulls out the chainsaw * Brrrrrrrrrrrrr* Drops chainsaw....."That skerid me."

Scrambles through tool box and locates a itty bitty little screwdriver, holds it up....feels a sense of confidence.

...maeflowers
 caddboy
Msg: 361
Posted: 11/7/2009 6:32:18 PM
Ms. Mae...."step away from the power tools"...as stated above it is not a requirement just one form of confidence. There are many other forms of confidence that are sexy in a woman. Having red hair and green eyes is just another one of those sexy things that is a personal favorite but certainly doesn't intimidate me.
 startle
Msg: 362
Posted: 11/7/2009 7:56:12 PM
once a man reaches a certain age there will be a power shift in his relationship with women because his ability to perform sexually is wanning..that is just a fact that must be faced...if this man is confronted with a sexually vibrant woman who obviously still wants and can have as good a sex life as ever and he cannot offer that...this presents problems...if he is determined to pursue her...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 363
Posted: 11/7/2009 8:26:49 PM

Ms. Mae...."step away from the power tools"...as stated above it is not a requirement just one form of confidence. There are many other forms of confidence that are sexy in a woman. Having red hair and green eyes is just another one of those sexy things that is a personal favorite but certainly doesn't intimidate me

...Well what a coincidence, I just happen to have red hair and green eyes, well hazel eyes...close enough.

In all honesty, I wouldn't want a man to feel intimidated by me...but I would want him to think of me as strong, confident and desirable.

...maeflowers
 Walkingrain
Msg: 364
Posted: 11/8/2009 6:47:25 PM
"... still sexy minded,"????????

Still? I hope so. When I stop having those feelings it will time to plant daisys over me.

As for the attraction of younger men, they need love too, poor things!

One of the wonders of age is appreciation of love making in all its forms. Painting my lover's toe nails is as much fun as intercourse. Being older to me means not having to posses all the goodies at one time.

Keep on being you!!!
 Ahappygal
Msg: 365
Posted: 11/8/2009 6:52:52 PM

What i cant understand is why women think men should behave like gentlemen...

If they don't behave like gentlemen, what should they be?
 spunkybum52
Msg: 366
Posted: 11/8/2009 11:06:14 PM
I have had that experience many times. I get emails from men telling me that they dont feel they can keep up with me, or that they may disappoint me, and that tells me straight up that the problem is NOT with me being too sexy... the problem is with THEM being insecure. I think the older men get, their security goes down the drain, as other parts of the anatomy go down the drain as well (get my drift?). I feel like a very sexy woman and believe I am... but maybe I do intimate older men. I never try to consciously intimidate them, but for some reason, they do feel a bit inadequate. Younger men on the other hand, LOVE older sexy confident women, because I get told "you know what you like & what you want"... and younger men find that attribute very sexy. I agree that sexy is all about attitude, confidence, knowing what you like & not afraid to express it and tell men, and also in the physical side of it be daring & anything else that your mind wants you to be. Older men feel inadequate because they are just insecure.... younger men love it and can't wait to get their hands on it...
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 367
Posted: 11/9/2009 4:38:33 PM
Hey David Bowie, good to see you !
 sav69
Msg: 368
Posted: 11/10/2009 10:41:55 AM
Speaking for myself...I am very confident with sexy women my age..I have the experience & maturity to get along with most women.I always treat them with the respect that they deserve...I might not be able to perform as well when I was younger, but there are other ways to please a woman..& to be pleased..
Life is way too short not to enjoy each & every minute...
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 2:06:26 PM
Sexy is in the eyes of the beholder. What women may regard as "sexy" may be seen as trying too hard by men. Some desperate attempt to turn back the clock.

As men get older, we think more with the head that's on our shoulders. For some, that's using the experience time has given them to hunt younger women. Others look forward instead of backward to find partners in life, not trophies. The high maintence needed for older women to look "sexy" can be a turn off. Looking attractive to your male peers shows a much better grasp of reality and thus a better partner. Just like women who say men who are confident and accept who they are is attractive, the same thing applies to what men see in women.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 8:37:44 PM
Because most younger men hormones block out thier thought process and will fill thier need with anyone they find desirable. Sexy=desirable
 diamondbluebmw
Msg: 371
Posted: 11/11/2009 8:07:25 PM
I love sexy intellectual women. I love when they are physically AND mentally sexy and I love them at any age... Matter of fact, I think the older the better (as long as they are sexy).
 LdyofIndy
Msg: 372
Posted: 11/13/2009 6:59:07 AM
Ismene, Msg 408: That is exactly what this thread was supposed to be about. Older men (over 60) who are intimidated by older sexy women because they are afraid they (the men)won't be able to measure up sexually.

They automatically assume that if a woman is over 60, still sexy and attractive, she will go for the younger man. To those who are saying older can't be sexy, I disagree. I have seen older women and men, my age (69) and older who are still sexy. My views here are from a woman my age, not one in her 40's or 50's.

Sexy is not just about looks. It's attitude, self confidence, feeling sexy, and knowing you are sexy. It's sad that some here think sexy ends at 40, 45, 50? It's not just about being pretty, skinny , fat, or ugly. Sexiness is something that shines through all of that.

Some here feel that they are washed up already, while still in their 40' and 50's. Guess it's all down hill for them now! What a pity! Guess it all depends on what kind of people they've been around. Men have always made me feel attractive and sexy, not that I needed them to do that. But, yes, it makes me feel good that they still do. Guess I'm one of the lucky (blessed) ones. Feel sexy! Take care of your body. Live healthy. That will shine through and do a lot for self esteem.

Spunky, Msg 426: I so agree! You knew exactly what I was saying because you've been there too!

Many here got my point. Some didn't. But all replies were interesting.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2009 1:51:55 PM
in the past 20 years, i've tended to date men a slighly bit younger, about five years. so, i have not personally experienced this. however, in talking to younger female friends in early to mid 40's, many of them prefer, but cannot find men their own age. the theory is that many are "still" married and not divorced "yet". thus, my friends have to search younger and older. some will go about ten years each way. when i was much younger, i dated a man ten years younger. i was in my mid 30's and just out of my first divorce. i realized fairly quickly that we were not at the same developmental stage, although we cared for each other emotionally. when i broke up with him, he found a girl five years younger.

i think a lot of attraction has to do with the physical shape and mental attitude of the men and women in question. not about perfection, but about some of what nature implanted in our brains to enhance reproduction.

although i usually don't date older men or if try, so far nothing has come of it, i did recently meet a man who was several years older, i am guessing, but a martial artist. the energy out of that man would be difficult to match for any younger man. interestingly, he hangs out with a crowd his age, but "very feisty".

so, one never knows. maybe some men have passed me by due to my age in internet dating. a few have "balked" at my lyme disease due to "assuming" and not meeting me in person. some have even been drawn to my age and are younger. many of the ones who are too young, have had a screw loose or an intention that does not jive with my core values. in real life, however, i've not experienced this "intimidation" factor personally or at least to my knowledge. i've learned more negative things from the internet, than i've ever been exposed to, in my entire life. so, it's good to know these things, but i try not to let them get me down. i have been a professional my entire life and never had this power or money trip between men or women. the men in my life have ranged in education, job and money with no major issues regarding that. maybe 'cause i was born and raised in a "working class brooklyn neighborhood" that i tend to be attracted to "street smart".

so, how the h-ll knows! if i get stuck into this kind of paradigm and add it to my worry list, i'd never want to leave my house.

note: i just read the above that this had to do with sexual fears on the part of the man? oh geeze, another issue i'm supposed to worry about? a good man knows how to please a woman and many are doing way better than when they were younger and "selfish". just need to get some books in home depot in the "how to" section!!!!
 wishingwell555
Msg: 374
Posted: 11/14/2009 1:35:23 PM
I agree sexy means an attitude, an air of self confidence, the ability to enjoy making love no matter what your limitations may be.

And, I would like to add, I have never met an older man that didn't think he was sexy!
Usually older men do not think Older woman or sexy just young women.
Now, here is where they need to grow up.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 375
Posted: 11/14/2009 3:34:44 PM

Because most younger men hormones block out thier thought process and will fill thier need with anyone they find desirable. Sexy=desirable

You really believe this is age related?

thecatsmeoww
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Are older men sometimes intimidated by older sexy women?