Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > his credit card declined when he went to pay?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ncdamsel
Msg: 73
his credit card declined when he went to pay?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I say ditch him, find some one else, it is not worth all the worry with this guy
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 74
his credit card declined when he went to pay?
Posted: 9/29/2010 11:38:45 PM

I got stuck paying for a $30+ lunch

the f..king gaul?

how dare such a thing happen...

i mean everyone these days truly wants a free ride...just for us gracing them with our mere presence...

this is classic.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 12:49:48 PM

Why is he even socializing if he truly has no money at all?

This statement pretty much told me everything I need to know about you and your way of life.
 abelian
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/30/2010 1:13:22 PM

As to the rest of it. Cards are turned downed for a number of reasons, it doesn't always mean they don't have money. It can be just a fluke in the system. I have ran cards, had them turned down, ran them again, and had them go through with no problem

Sure, but when paying with a credit card and being in a position where having it turned down would be a problem, one should have enough cash on hand to cover such an emergency.

As to you paying. I find your attitude amazing. You are all freaked out that you had to pay, but if he had paid for all of it, that would have been fine

That's a different question and I also am put off by her attitude. Had I been in a situation where someone was supposed to be paying for my meal and her credit card was turned down, I'd most likely try to cover it without making her feel any more embarrassed than she already was. I think what she did after that would let me know whether or not I was being conned.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 77
Posted: 10/1/2010 10:43:29 PM
pirate - that is too freakin funny...

i personally like the ones that like to "hold out" for a while, yet expect a free ride.

quid pro quo I always say...

Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/2/2010 7:45:29 AM

(techgirl27) Ive asked him if he could contribute toward the tip those times, and he said he doesnt have any cash on him each time.

I'd do the same, even if I had Franklins falling out my bum. Make up your OWN mind about what you will and won't put up with; don't agonize about it over 7 pages, and argue against each and every counter-point with "Oh, yeah? Well, lemme tell you SOMETHING ELSE about how cheap he is!"

Dr. ES

(weird: when I went to reply, the system identified you as "bassgirl747"...)
 That Handy Man
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/4/2010 2:45:26 PM
You say he ordered water and you had the Surf and Turf? Maybe he didn't count on that!

Actually, that's shear genius! Any guy that's ever paid for a meal, wondering what the value (for him) was in that wasted expenditure, would do well to always carry an expired card and little money!

Something maybe most women never experience. Getting credit card printouts a month later detailing pricy meals and venues of which you can't even remember who you were with! Not hard earned money well spent!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/4/2010 4:11:34 PM

(that handy man) Actually, that's shear genius! Any guy that's ever paid for a meal, wondering what the value (for him) was in that wasted expenditure, would do well to always carry an expired card and little money!

I agree: that's GENIUS!

Dr. ES...
 That Handy Man
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/4/2010 6:33:31 PM
^^^I guess then, every one will pretty much have dish pan hands before the night is out!
 sunbeach95
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:17:55 AM
First time this happened, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. My credit / debit card has been declined before due to unknown reasons. Some people don't carry much cash on them.

Agreed. If that was your only complaint about a date, then I would go on at least another date with him. I wouldn't assume that he was cheap or was looking for a free meal because of 1 incident. Perhaps he would pay for next date and this time bring money with him in case his credit card was declined again.
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/5/2010 1:02:17 PM
If you are dating you should be taking turns paying anyway.My gosh wake up and smell 2010!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/5/2010 7:13:22 PM

Why is he even socializing if he truly has no money at all?

This statement pretty much told me everything I need to know about you and your way of life.

dude....swooooooshhhhh......nothing but net...

Me personally would get rid of as you dont need someone that sees you as a big fat purse, you want soemone to see you as the real person you are..

the truest definition of Irony I've ever seen in my life...thanks britt
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/18/2010 5:02:29 AM
I didn't read all the posts here, but wanted to add that this just happened to me Saturday night...I ended up paying for most of dinner and all the cab fare. I never leave the house without enough cash to cover myself, so I was OK...and for as long as I can remember I usually check my bank balance before I go out as well...just in case, you know?

needless to say, it was a very early night...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > his credit card declined when he went to pay?