Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lbiker
Msg: 26
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I don't know about the other ladies on here. I am not beautiful, I am average.
I work in a field, that is not putting me into the position to date. I will not date, co workers, or associates..Doesn't work at all.
I am also in school full time, on top of my job.
Not really the place for "date material " there either.
Online??? I feel that I have an opportunity to see, talk, and discuss variouse topics with people that I would not have the opportunity to meet in real life. I am able to talk to anyone from any state or country in this world. I do feel that I am making friends, and meeting some possible interesting prospects.
Am I hoping to meet a future s/o? Yes, have I ..no..
So my question is,,why are there so many attractive men??? Same reason? HMMMMMM

Lbiker
 shake_things_up
Msg: 27
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:43:16 AM
lol "maybe the're after a free meal" HAHAHAHAHAH
 flyingstart
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:09:44 PM
I think its impossible to date an attractive women on POF or any other sites...
Or you need to put down lots of stuff on the table....and wait it out maybe....but make sure you have a house on the hillside with come ocean view and make sure you "like travelling".

Also I guess they like to "maintain their "huge ego" just logging in and see the tons of messages they get. Even if there is not much for them there...they still like their personality tickeling games and they dream on......its like OH yeah: I am still wanted out there !...But the reality is they wait for so long till they get sucked out of their attractive look (time is punishing isn't it?) look and end up being old and not so wanted anymore....
What can I say? Good job ladies ! Keep up the good work !
 RushLuv
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/6/2009 6:00:35 PM
Puleeze. As if attractive people aren't allowed to be on online dating sites.

I have come across some of the most beautiful men, and women on this site.

We all have our own reasons as to why we are here.

That shouldn't be viewed as a red flag, just because you see so many beautiful women. Keep in mind, these women are only attractive in your eyes. That doesn't mean others would find them attractive.

I'm just as attractive in person, as I am in my photos, and I'm always sure to make sure at least a few are current.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 10:47:52 PM
I doubt attractive women would have any real problems finding guys with similar values or views offline. I think the main reason for attractive women, just like attractive men, to be on here is that they tend to be very, very picky. People with an inflated self-esteem will see themselves as above everyone else and be incredibly critical.

They follow the "guilty until proven innocent" mentality, basically turning down the opposite sex left and right over little trivial things without ever getting to know them; but in the end, they set their expectations for a perfect situation or a perfect mate to an unrealistically high level and will hold on to their fairy tale endings in absolute faith, usually alienating everyone else in the process.

I could be wrong too, maybe their job/situation limits their ability to network or maybe they really are looking for someone to love them for who they are on the inside without being judged on their looks. I know everyone has their own unique reasons to be here.
 DocElffington
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:39:46 PM
They're waiting for me to be cloned!
 quarked
Msg: 32
view profile
History
RE: Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 6/7/2009 11:36:49 PM
I don't here anybody complaining about the fact.
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:39:01 PM
If you're referring to single women: the same reason there are attractive single women anywhere . We're SINGLE. LOOKING. Not for just anyone...you can meet anyone anywhere. If it were so easy to fall in love and connect on all the levels that are important there'd be a lot less singles in general. The challenge is finding someone you want to actually be with!

dub08
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:46:58 PM
Well I never get chatted up in pubs etc and haven't had much luck here either. Now the million dollar question is - does that make me too gorgeous for this site or a complete minger??

Answers on a 50 euro note please
 MeOhMy!
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/9/2009 5:44:45 PM
I'm gonna say because
1) the good guys are insecure and think they have no shot
2) the attractive girls are insecure and don't ask out the guys
3) they've been hurt in the past and don't trust anyone, especially the ones that are "too good to be true"
4) they're the intelligent, mature type who don't give the "hot" guys the time of day because they have the "dumb" stereotype or because these guys are often conceited
5) vice-versa: hot girls get the bimbo stereotype or the "she must get around" slander
6) they don't go to the right places to find a guy
7) they go out in groups of other hot girls - too much competition, and intimidating
8) they haven't been looking until now, and feel the pressure to find someone

That's all I have for now. hope this helps you understand women a bit more. :)
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/10/2009 10:09:09 AM
Who knows, who cares.

None of them have wanted anything to do with me (just like real life!)

I think a more interesting question would be:

"Why are there so many 20-year-old single mothers on this site?"
 suibhne
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:53:15 PM
Just because you find them physically attractive, doesnt mean they have any common sense, read their profile, you can learn alot about them by their behaviors, what types of personalities they have or lack of. Remember, their trying to coo you into wanting them, their insecure and have that need to be wanted. Dont reassure the wrong in them, but encourage them to be better people.
 suibhne
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 5:58:21 PM
Absolutely, then again, there are many females here with higher educationial degree's that still are single and popping out kids, so there isnt much difference, women feel, they dont think.
 DocElffington
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2009 2:34:47 PM

"Why are there so many 20-year-old single mothers on this site?"

Maybe because they are 20-year-old single mothers?

Whaddya think?

There are so many attractive women on POF because there are limited number of me!!
 ic3y369
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/18/2009 12:10:55 PM
lol i just come on here to find ppl to chat or hang out with... i never really had any intention or expectaion so i dont have any to give XD
meeting new ppl is always fun...
and beauty is only skin deep
i hate the word so much beautiful, gorgeous ...?
PUH-LeeZE!
lol i prefer someone who has some coomon ground or just wants to have fun and hang out why does there have to be strings attached???
 MrPatient1101
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2009 3:59:56 PM
This goes both ways. Women do the same thing. I once met a woman who didnt like heavy drinkers and since I had met her had drank more ( because we go out etc ) than I have in the last year. ( i dont drink much ) However when I stopped drinking on one outting she bashed me for it??? It common for BOTH m/f.

Im tired of games too.

hows this tho. I am 29 with a special needs son and financially struggling. I dont have the best car, currently unemployed ( got laid off I live in Michigan ). however im a great person, I genuinely care about everyone and their feelings, very outgoing and open minded. When telling this to a woman tho is fine.. the days to come are not though as I never get returned calls, or anything. Is real life that scary? Dont ever tell me that I have baggage.. My son is NOT baggage. My life may be a little upside down but thats life. it throws curve balls at you and sometimes you get hit.

the world we live in now is FAR from perfect but more and more lately Im meeting women who are looking for the perfect guy, superficial, matierialistic and down right rude / nasty.

Most of the women on this site I contact have children because I know that a woman w/o children will most likely not accept the fact that I do. It dosent matter though, I still do not get replys. Nobody is willing to look past the materialistic things in life to the inner person. Does it bother me... it sure does. Am i going to let it stop me from looking for the person thats right for me? Nope, however it is very very discouraging almost to the point of "why do I try".

Ive tried everything and my emails are original because I put thought into them. Still to my dismay, here I am , single and not dating lol
 40Chev
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 2:58:54 PM
OP
Your next assignment comes in two parts - should you choose to accept it - one is to ask some of the women you deem attractive out - the second part is to revisit this subject with a report on the success of your mission.

Usual disclaimers about getting caught or captured during your mission.

Unfortunately - this post won't self destruct and I'll no doubt be subjected to numerous slings and arrows - I'll try to take it like a man
 sveltskye
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/2/2009 3:49:52 PM
Seems like there are a lot of people these forums who are quick to generalize and jump to conclusions.
What makes you think that beautiful people have so much better luck with dating? Online dating is just another way to meet people, doesn't say you're pathetic or can't meet people IRL. Some people just have worse luck meeting people because of the luck of the draw: point in case, my older sister has hardly ever been single, yet everyone says we look like twins. Me, been single a lot in my life. Not saying any comment on my level of attractiveness one way or another (you can judge for yourself), but my reasons for being here:

1) It was fun making a profile
2) I'm open to putting myself out there/trying new things/meeting new people
3) I'm bored
4) Its strangely addicting, both reading the forums and "shopping" through profiles
5) Save on gas money :D
6) Saves time compared to meeting people in real life
7) I can make connections quicker and see who's out there
8) I can get an impression of someone's interests pretty easily
9) I can express myself in writing and see who is attracted to it
10) I like to think there's someone "just right" out there, and how else in this big world am I supposed to find them?
10) Mostly 3, 4 and 10

Also, what the hell is the point of the favorites list anyway? If someone's your "favorite", why don't you just message them and get on with it anyways?
 sveltskye
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/3/2009 11:21:08 AM
True. And anyways, attraction is up to a point objective but after that it really is subjective- a matter of tastes.
 jus2bclose
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:11:40 PM
I dont know but:

There may be so many attractive women on here because alot of people (me included) have this perception that if we see an attractive woman on the streets, at the store, at the mall or wherever, that she must be in a relationship. Because our perception is "a woman that attractive MUST have a boyfriend/husband".

A lot of people both male and female think and assume that because a woman is so attractive, she has her pick of men. When in fact, I've learned they go thru the same things the "less" attractive women go thru.

Just my 2 cents
 angelonely
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/6/2009 7:50:29 PM

They're all still virgins. They're bitter. They're gold digging.
 kow626
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/31/2009 10:29:51 PM
There may be so many attractive women on here because alot of people (me included) have this perception that if we see an attractive woman on the streets, at the store, at the mall or wherever, that she must be in a relationship. Because our perception is "a woman that attractive MUST have a boyfriend/husband".

here's my take on the issue.

some guys know from experience that when saying hello to SOME women, especially the top tier ones, that they don't even get a hello in return. the chick(s) just keep on moving or ignore you. and what do most guys say in response? "damn, you can't speak?" guys know exactly what i'm talking about.

for all the people here talking about beauty is in the eye of the beholder and shit like that, yes, it's true. i do agree with that. but we all know there is a standard of beauty that exists in this world and when we see it, i don't give a damn what your preference is, we know it.

hot girls in real life are just as approachable as any girl. problem is that some bad apples give them a bad name. the stuck-up, shallow ones that base everything on looks. that dress skimpy yet are surprised and sometimes appalled at the attention they get. on the flip side, you got the ones that crave it.

on this site, you got both. the ones that are playing games to get an ego stroke and the ones that are legitimately looking for a mate and expanding their dating horizons. from my own observations on this site, i see top tier women who are still on this site for years and i have to question why? these women have access to any man, anywhere, anytime. that's indisputable. i don't ask average looking cats why they're single. i don't ask those with kids. or overwieght people. in all their cases, it's obvious.

the only ones i question are the hot girls, age unimportant, with no kids. the ones that don't smoke. are (hopefully) light or non-drinkers. don't do drugs. ain't overly religious. in other words, that ain't got hang-ups preventing them from dating successfully.

there truly is no valid reason why they could still be single for so long (excluding geographical location). if there's a good selection of men in their area, how is it possible that literally years have gone by and they're still single? let's assume their looks intimidate others in the real world. don't mean shit in online dating cuz they're the ones getting all the email. dozens or even hundreds. so of that many men (a lot of whom ain't just lookin' to get laid), you're telling me NOT ONE of them has fit the bill over that period of time?

i know damn well if i was top tier that i'd be out there dating and after x amount of dates, someone would HAVE to be keepable. i'd make time to get out there. a busy schedule is absolutely no excuse! you're on a dating site but you aren't dating? you get emails from eligible men but find reasons not to date? yes, hot chicks can be picky. no doubt about it. why? because they can be. but when EVERYONE don't meet your standards, are your standards unrealistic? or is something wrong with you? who's the real problem here: you or the guy? in that case, it boils down to picking better men.

i'll still question why hot girls on dating sites are still single for such a long amount of time when they're the ones getting all the attention, all the selection, and if they wanted to, all the dates. some of the reasons i've heard in this thread are legit but a lot of them are just bullshit excuses. i can see about a few months going by, but years? status never changing from single to not single/not dating, married, or even divorced. just perpetually single and serially dating. so just who are these women going out with on dates, if anyone, if they're really looking for long-term rather than a free meal, a lay, and some bills paid?
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/1/2009 6:37:10 PM

Or are they merely trying to add to their "collection" of admirers?

That's true but not only that but they're also here to look and to laugh at us....

-_-
 kow626
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:07:17 PM
I say this member should be the leader of us all!! LOL

kow does stand for King Of the World. I'll lead bravely and boldly!

Taking a known person like Jennifer Anniston and looking into her too often publicized life doesn't it seem if this beauty equation were true she'd have long ago been happily involved with someone? Is she merely dating around or can she not see a fool for what he is long before she gets involved and possibly hurt in the process? My guess is she's NOT happy with those fools she's been known to date and dump her, often it being discovered they were cheating on her! Now ain't THAT ironic?

you can add jessica simpson, paris hilton, and jennifer love hewit to that list too. and all of the kardashian sisters who are newly single...AGAIN! kendra won't be far off either. that's just a prediction. all of them are 10's on anyone's list. but all of them, like j. lo in the past, keep making bad choices in men (except paris who's just a whore) and it's all pretty well publicized too. it just proves that looks ain't everything. gotta be something going on upstairs too if you wanna get kept rather than used up and passed around. and not anything psycho going on upstairs either. i mean stable and smarts.

i ain't saying that the pof hotties or other hot girls are crackpots but there's gotta be something wrong with THEM, not the guy, if they're always single for so long after so many dates and if guys don't want them, or they continually go through men like a blackjack dealer through a deck of cards.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:16:15 PM
i ain't saying that the pof hotties or other hot girls are crackpots but there's gotta be something wrong with THEM, not the guy, if they're always single for so long after so many dates and if guys don't want them, or they continually go through men like a blackjack dealer through a deck of cards

Maybe they are just choosy, maybe the men do not treat them right, maybe they are ****es and hard to get along with, whatever. Nobody knows their personal business and why the hell does it matter? What is beautiful to one if not beautiful to another. Beauty in the eye of the beholdier. God, the labels we inflict on ourselves and others and then, the judgements that follow!

Being single and having the courage to stay the course and hope for the best is hard enough, ain't it, especially for those of us in mid-life? Let's not be so quick to judge others and take glee in their failures. Most of us are looking for the same thing, someone to share our life with, the beautiful ones and the not so beautiful ones.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?