Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nerdhead26
Msg: 48
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Or are they merely trying to add to their "collection" of admirers?

That's true but not only that but they're also here to look and to laugh at us....

-_-
 kow626
Msg: 49
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:07:17 PM
I say this member should be the leader of us all!! LOL

kow does stand for King Of the World. I'll lead bravely and boldly!

Taking a known person like Jennifer Anniston and looking into her too often publicized life doesn't it seem if this beauty equation were true she'd have long ago been happily involved with someone? Is she merely dating around or can she not see a fool for what he is long before she gets involved and possibly hurt in the process? My guess is she's NOT happy with those fools she's been known to date and dump her, often it being discovered they were cheating on her! Now ain't THAT ironic?

you can add jessica simpson, paris hilton, and jennifer love hewit to that list too. and all of the kardashian sisters who are newly single...AGAIN! kendra won't be far off either. that's just a prediction. all of them are 10's on anyone's list. but all of them, like j. lo in the past, keep making bad choices in men (except paris who's just a whore) and it's all pretty well publicized too. it just proves that looks ain't everything. gotta be something going on upstairs too if you wanna get kept rather than used up and passed around. and not anything psycho going on upstairs either. i mean stable and smarts.

i ain't saying that the pof hotties or other hot girls are crackpots but there's gotta be something wrong with THEM, not the guy, if they're always single for so long after so many dates and if guys don't want them, or they continually go through men like a blackjack dealer through a deck of cards.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 9:16:15 PM
i ain't saying that the pof hotties or other hot girls are crackpots but there's gotta be something wrong with THEM, not the guy, if they're always single for so long after so many dates and if guys don't want them, or they continually go through men like a blackjack dealer through a deck of cards

Maybe they are just choosy, maybe the men do not treat them right, maybe they are ****es and hard to get along with, whatever. Nobody knows their personal business and why the hell does it matter? What is beautiful to one if not beautiful to another. Beauty in the eye of the beholdier. God, the labels we inflict on ourselves and others and then, the judgements that follow!

Being single and having the courage to stay the course and hope for the best is hard enough, ain't it, especially for those of us in mid-life? Let's not be so quick to judge others and take glee in their failures. Most of us are looking for the same thing, someone to share our life with, the beautiful ones and the not so beautiful ones.
 kow626
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/1/2009 10:48:55 PM

Nobody knows their personal business and why the hell does it matter? What is beautiful to one if not beautiful to another. Beauty in the eye of the beholdier.

you're right. no one but them knows why they're single. but it matters cuz OP asked a question and we're all entitled to our opinions. and we all know physical beauty when we see it and there's one standard that exists in EVERY beholder, not just one. if you retained your smarts but had perfect 10 looks, no kids, and lived in a major metro area, just ask yourself, would you still be single?
 amethyst10616
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:02:10 AM
It can be so much more than just about looks. Some are highly educated and successful women. There are men who refuse to date a woman who is more educated and/or makes more money than they do. Factor in also that many women raise their kids without much respite from the ex, time is also an issue. Then, there are the empty ones, who haven't a clue what they are looking for but just know they will recognize it when they see it. The list goes on and on, it is the same list that could apply to anyone else.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 2:22:58 PM
it's not fair to conclude someone is overly fussy because their profile has been here for a while. people get involved in relationships that end. then they come back to try again.
 maycalla
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:25:12 PM
gosh, this is no brainer. they are atractive and still here because they are so pickyyyyy!!!!! true ... sad but true

oh wait a minute, there's also another very good explanation. let's see, yeah. the majority of people put only good pictures of them. don't you know that? anybody a marketing major? pictures of them when they are younger, thinner, of their best side only, face only pictures since that's the only part that's slim, etc, etc. you might be surprised when you finally meet this attractive pictures, i mean the real women (or men...) behind the 'pictures'. from my exp it's not easy to meet the people in those photos. it's like when you finally meet them you are meeting somebody else. hey where's that person whose pic i've been looking at in their profile?

(exception: very few people you meet actually look better in person, but this is the ... exception.)
 Jadd2767
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2009 5:24:02 PM
Maybe the old ways of meeting people don't work and you want to try something new? Who knows, I'm tired of the bar scene, and the being setup drama has never worked for me...."oh I have the perfect person for you" I've fallen through that trap door a few times......theres only so many ways to meet people and I know quite a few people that have met their one and only online, I have friends that I have met online 8-9 yrs ago and am still in touch....granted they're friends only....I think you get alot of people on these dating sites because they're tired of all the bs and think that this way might be different or you might be more apt to pinpoint someone more compatable....even with that said everyones profile says there are nice and honest......so it has to be taken with a grain of salt because in this wacky world of dating you just never know..........................................
 kow626
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:45:12 AM
Few people today would think an unattractive woman should settle for the first man who would have her even if she doesn't love him, so why should a more attractive person be expected to? What's the difference?

the difference, as has already been stated, is that hot girls get more attention, more selection, and therefore, more dates.

some people keep on chiming in with excuse after excuse, usually relating to themselves, about why they're still single. same ol' song and dance: don't wanna settle, busy schedule, guys won't approach me. it's all bullshit.

busy schedule? then lighten the load and make yourself available. cuz if you think a guy's gonna keep you and you're never around, then you're crazy. and you wonder why they keep disappearing.

guys won't approach you? then what's stopping you from approaching them? if they're intimidated, then they're insecure and you probably don't wanna deal with them anyway. some red flags are obvious.

don't wanna settle? well who does? this one is also obvious.

keep attracting losers? then don't hang out where losers are. they say you're no better than the company you keep and i believe that. and instead of dating left and right and not learning jack shit, start being a little more stringent. learn what you like and don't like, learn compromise and start getting real with yourself. if you keep getting crap, one would think that you'd get tired of the smell after awhile.

no one is good enough for you? no one is on your level? it's great to be accomplished but you gotta look past some things and start looking at the stuff that matters. just cuz a guy don't make as much as you don't mean he's piss poor and don't know how to save. just cuz he drives a hooptie don't mean he's wasting money away on that car note. just cuz he don't dress all high society and shit don't mean he ain't "cultured." i could go on and on about the nitpicky shit i hear about. if material shit is what you got to complain about then it ain't the guy that's the problem (in some cases).

it's just the law of numbers. hot girls can pick and choose who they date. but when you go on, let's say, 2 dates a week for 3 months (i've known women who go on 3 dates a week or more so this ain't impossible) and you still haven't found a good guy strictly based on the numbers, then something just ain't right somewhere. if you're still on a site like this, that marital status section never changing and years have passed, in combination with other sites and real world dating, and "on paper" you're considered a catch YET YOU'RE STILL SINGLE, then something just ain't right somewhere!

average and below average folk ain't gonna get the attention a hot chick or even a hot guy does. that's the difference. some people on here profess getting dozens and even hundreds of email over a week's span. some say they can't possibly sort through it all or read them all. regardless of that, that's dozens and even hundreds of potential suitors. and you're telling me you can't find a decent guy/girl out of DOZENS AND HUNDREDS? like i been saying, something just ain't right somewhere...
 winniesfriend
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/3/2009 4:30:45 PM
I have a question for the men.
If I send you an email and get no response, later I
see that you were online today or yesterday, and the email shows unread, ....why??
I can understand that you might not want to continue a back and forth but you're back
on the site, I guess to find someone. Aren't you even curious what's in the email? The only emails that I don't open are from known sheisters. If it's from someone else I at least open it even if I don't want to correspond with that person. Just curious!!???
 kow626
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:04:07 PM

I have a question for the men.
If I send you an email and get no response, later I
see that you were online today or yesterday, and the email shows unread, ....why??
I can understand that you might not want to continue a back and forth but you're back
on the site, I guess to find someone. Aren't you even curious what's in the email? The only emails that I don't open are from known sheisters. If it's from someone else I at least open it even if I don't want to correspond with that person. Just curious!!???

when i used to send first contact emails, that happened to me a few times. i can't explain it. i'd see them online all the time, days and even weeks go by with the email unread. so i've learned to just delete the sent email after a while if i get no response. and i move on to greener pastures. it ain't just women, it happens to men too. i'd also love to hear any other theories on that behavior.
 Kay287
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/3/2009 6:23:10 PM
Maybe they see the profile (and don't like what they see) and don't bother to read or delete the message?
My curiousity would make me read the message, however I don't speak for the entire human race...
 EdwardnotCullen!
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2009 8:34:37 PM
I think part of the reason no one is curious anymore. Now if they look at the profile and don't answer, then that's because you aren't what they are looking for (no one knows what they are looking for). Not looking at the profile is just rude. Some women/men don't have time and get a lot of mail I am sure. That's probably a small fraction of them though.
 kow626
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/4/2009 4:57:21 PM
The pool of men who are datable is not as big as the pool of datable women in lots of places, but not all.

your post sounds incredibly cynical and even a little jaded. so you're saying women don't have their own set of problems that contribute to them not finding a suitable mate? and what's your definition of dateable? your own definition that you think applies to everyone, not just yourself.
 scarletwren
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:31:31 PM
That was a rather strange question. Or was it a complaint?

I've had guys tell ME, and I don't consider myself on the A list, probably not even the B list, that they figured I was unavailable. I go to clubs once in awhile, but haven't met anyone I wanted to date. I guess it is harder finding someone in my age group I find attractive and looking for something long term. I thought it would be easier but I was wrong.

I was with a guy I met here for over 2 years. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but we shared a lot in common. So now I'm back to see if I can find someone who can spark my interest as much.
 kow626
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/6/2009 5:46:48 AM
you ain't figured that out by now, red buttons? lol. one would figure that they WOULD read the comments and attempt to learn how men think, whether they're joking or being serious. the opinions matter. you'd think that they WOULD take some of it to heart and use that info to make better choices in men. and vice versa. but some people can't learn, never learn, don't wanna learn. they like themselves the way they are and figure the other person needs to conform to them, or they want instant perfection, rather than both parties learning a little word called compromise. personal change goes a long way too. and one WOULD think when a person hits a certain age that they'd have learned a little something by then but clearly that ain't the case. don't know if it's just online dating or people in general. ain't figured that one out yet. but the individual is usually the source of their own problems, not everyone else. that's one thing i HAVE learned in my life.
 evrybdy
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:19:05 PM
Not to say I am all "all that", but since I do get emails saying someone like me wouldn't give any guy the time of day, I guess I can say a few words about my experience.

I am not in good health. I am working on that now though. But because of this, I have put my looking for to "friends" and pretty much keep my profile to what I would consider would be meeting new and interesting people (since I am new to the area) and talking to people online to help me feel less lonely. I think it's fair to say that everyone's personal experience is different. I have also been on this site a very long time, and lived somewhere else for along time, so many on my faves list aren't even in the area I am currently in, but they are friends, and may want to keep in touch with me.

I also think serious relationships/marriage (never been married or engaged myself) are actually a big deal. We don't choose our family, but that is the one choice we get to make about someone who may be around us 24/7 from that point on. I don't want to make that choice lightly! LOL Plus, I am happy with myself and working on myself, and that also means I spend a whole lot of time alone, but it's ok. I got to be a better me to be a better me for someone else. It makes me sad to think someone would look at me and immediately think I have to be with someone to validate how I look, how about being happy for me cause I can stand on my own?

But that's just me.

M
 winniesfriend
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:02:46 AM
I haven't been back to this site in a while, that's why no response from me about my question. This is for all the folks who answered my question about why men don't open emails. Thank you for your comment. I have a little more insight now. I personally have to open it just out of curiosity, even if I know for sure I won't be corresponding with that person. It happens at all sites but this one seems to be the worst for this. I'm on another site and get many more first responses and answers to my emails. Not all, but more than here. Nothing permanent yet but who knows that could change. I don't know what the difference is, my profile is basically the same. I do appreciate your answers though, thanks to all.
 xoxcheriesesxox
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:30:15 PM
okay so I dont consider myself "beautiful" but Im definantly not an ugly duckling.... When dating you find friends of friends most usually if you do find someone completely outa the circle and you are outgoing enough to date them they completely shut you down thinking creeper! or they aren't in your friends circle for a reason... sorry but I dont need my friends knowing what I did before I know.... also it is hard to find a Real man and not just a player when your out and about... most guys outgoing enough to say hi are usually players or someone who shouldn't be let outta their house... If I can get a slim idea of what im getting into before I get into a date with them It helps...

Example:

Neighbor: I started chatting with what seemed like a really nice gentlemen for maybe 5 mins a week... same amount of time as it takes to read and reply to a message on pof now here is the kicker I went on a date with charming but realized all I knew about was how much gas he uses a week what kinda of people he enjoys being with etc... not many people strike up convos all about themselves in person... when I got on this date (in a fancy restaurant) he couldn't bring up conversation or even answer my questions... I guess when he gets nervous he pretends shes just a guy friend and he actually started punching my leg randomly saying things like "So?" he lives near me and I have to see him everyday I avoid leaving my house from the front door now!

POF date:
Went on a date with a guy I met off POF he doesn't know and doesn't have to know my friends or every minute status update, He could pick up any conversation because he had a quick heads up on what I'm like etc. Date came out spectacular and I can still go out my front door. My friends find out about it from me and don't ever have to meet him... turns out we weren't right for each other (Mutual agreement) but I don't get the awkwardness from having to see him again... But if wanted can still be friends
 kow626
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/7/2009 5:46:21 PM

most guys outgoing enough to say hi are usually players

first off, you know what you look like so don't front. second, if you have that attitude at your age, you're already jaded kinda early don't u think? you can't say hi back? you think every guy wants to get in your pants, which a lot do but not all of us, then you gotta look at what you're presenting to the guy. most college age kids are one-track minded so that's just something you're gonna have to put up with for a few more years. not saying there ain't an exception in the mix, but you know. i ain't gotta spell it out. don't blame us cuz how we operate is painfully obvious. how you react and adjust is what determines your relationship success. and vice versa too.
 SOFHR
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/8/2009 6:04:42 PM
It's safe to window-shop;-) No harm, no foul.

Hey Tracyannk, move to NW FLA! There are plenty of non-mob folks here. Mostly high tech and Military.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:03:17 AM
I can agree that people who take care of themsevles find others who take care of themselves far more attractive. It is not attractive to not to care of your teeth, your skin, and your health.

I know lots of beautiful women in rl who are single. There does seem to be far more women than men in the pool.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:46:11 PM
It depends on where you live as to how many attractive women there are online.

I don't think most attractive women are online because they can't meet a guy. They're online, because they aren't meeting the guys they want, or think they deserve. Of course, a lot of them were probably just bored one day, and decided to fill out a profile on a dating site for S & G's.
 tbuddha
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:02:55 PM
Attractive women are of the belief that only the best man "alpha male" are good enough for them. Unfortunately for them, they can't settle on who that is, and since guys have their ups and downs, the alpha male tends to change over time.

So much for "For better or worse, for richer or poorer"...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?