Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 winniesfriend
Msg: 66
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I haven't been back to this site in a while, that's why no response from me about my question. This is for all the folks who answered my question about why men don't open emails. Thank you for your comment. I have a little more insight now. I personally have to open it just out of curiosity, even if I know for sure I won't be corresponding with that person. It happens at all sites but this one seems to be the worst for this. I'm on another site and get many more first responses and answers to my emails. Not all, but more than here. Nothing permanent yet but who knows that could change. I don't know what the difference is, my profile is basically the same. I do appreciate your answers though, thanks to all.
 xoxcheriesesxox
Msg: 67
Why are there so many attractive women on POF?
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:30:15 PM
okay so I dont consider myself "beautiful" but Im definantly not an ugly duckling.... When dating you find friends of friends most usually if you do find someone completely outa the circle and you are outgoing enough to date them they completely shut you down thinking creeper! or they aren't in your friends circle for a reason... sorry but I dont need my friends knowing what I did before I know.... also it is hard to find a Real man and not just a player when your out and about... most guys outgoing enough to say hi are usually players or someone who shouldn't be let outta their house... If I can get a slim idea of what im getting into before I get into a date with them It helps...

Example:

Neighbor: I started chatting with what seemed like a really nice gentlemen for maybe 5 mins a week... same amount of time as it takes to read and reply to a message on pof now here is the kicker I went on a date with charming but realized all I knew about was how much gas he uses a week what kinda of people he enjoys being with etc... not many people strike up convos all about themselves in person... when I got on this date (in a fancy restaurant) he couldn't bring up conversation or even answer my questions... I guess when he gets nervous he pretends shes just a guy friend and he actually started punching my leg randomly saying things like "So?" he lives near me and I have to see him everyday I avoid leaving my house from the front door now!

POF date:
Went on a date with a guy I met off POF he doesn't know and doesn't have to know my friends or every minute status update, He could pick up any conversation because he had a quick heads up on what I'm like etc. Date came out spectacular and I can still go out my front door. My friends find out about it from me and don't ever have to meet him... turns out we weren't right for each other (Mutual agreement) but I don't get the awkwardness from having to see him again... But if wanted can still be friends
 kow626
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/7/2009 5:46:21 PM

most guys outgoing enough to say hi are usually players

first off, you know what you look like so don't front. second, if you have that attitude at your age, you're already jaded kinda early don't u think? you can't say hi back? you think every guy wants to get in your pants, which a lot do but not all of us, then you gotta look at what you're presenting to the guy. most college age kids are one-track minded so that's just something you're gonna have to put up with for a few more years. not saying there ain't an exception in the mix, but you know. i ain't gotta spell it out. don't blame us cuz how we operate is painfully obvious. how you react and adjust is what determines your relationship success. and vice versa too.
 SOFHR
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/8/2009 6:04:42 PM
It's safe to window-shop;-) No harm, no foul.

Hey Tracyannk, move to NW FLA! There are plenty of non-mob folks here. Mostly high tech and Military.
 amethyst10616
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2009 7:03:17 AM
I can agree that people who take care of themsevles find others who take care of themselves far more attractive. It is not attractive to not to care of your teeth, your skin, and your health.

I know lots of beautiful women in rl who are single. There does seem to be far more women than men in the pool.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:46:11 PM
It depends on where you live as to how many attractive women there are online.

I don't think most attractive women are online because they can't meet a guy. They're online, because they aren't meeting the guys they want, or think they deserve. Of course, a lot of them were probably just bored one day, and decided to fill out a profile on a dating site for S & G's.
 tbuddha
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:02:55 PM
Attractive women are of the belief that only the best man "alpha male" are good enough for them. Unfortunately for them, they can't settle on who that is, and since guys have their ups and downs, the alpha male tends to change over time.

So much for "For better or worse, for richer or poorer"...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why are there so many attractive women on POF?