Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 10 yrs and 50 pounds      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 steve217
Msg: 26
10 yrs and 50 poundsPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Some men aren't bald. We have curls and hate them, so shave.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 27
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:11:39 AM
ha ha.. never ask a women thier weight. LMAO! ahh.. I jest! A confident woman won't care to tell you. That being said. My pictures are recent. As are most people that I know on here. It's stupid to lie, you can tell the instant you meet someone. Then when they jet, you are stuck with the bill. lol
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 28
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:12:20 AM

Some men aren't bald. We have curls and hate them, so shave.

There's nothing wrong with bald guys--not unless they do the combover thing. It's only when guys post pictures of themselves with a full head of hair and then show up bald that is "bad."

And what is it with some men and curls? Curls on men are attractive.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 29
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:57:15 AM

I was 5'9... then next visit 5'8 1/2 ...then 5'7 ..

It is a let down ... when you list yourself as "a few extra pounds" and meet a woman listed as "average" who outweighs you by 30 pounds...

Aw, c'mon, you expect women to cut men slack because they don't know how tall they are, yet women let you down when they don't know how much they weigh?

Get a pencil, stand against a wall, keeping the pencil level on the top of your head, make a mark on the wall. Get someone with a good eye to help. Measure the distance from the floor to the mark.

I have measured myself as an adult for several reasons. One is because several people have insisted I am taller than 5' 6", but nope, in my bare feet, that's how tall I am. Also, women with osteoporosis are prone to calcium/bone loss and get shorter as they age. I don't have osteoporosis (and hope I never do), but losing height is NOT a good thing.

However, most of us shrink as we age; I would take this into account for older men whom I have met and were shorter than what they claimed, but young men do it, too. And if a man loses three inches of height, he needs to get checked for osteoporosis.

And I just looked at another profile of a man who claims to be "average." I guess a big belly that (again) looks like the belly of an eight months pregnant woman is average. Having skinny legs/barrel belly may be normal for many men, but it does not constitute average weight!

Edit: Another thing about the delusional aspect. I don't keep a scale in my house so I won't get on it everyday to check my weight. I knew that I had gained weight over the winter, though, because my jeans were snug. I was at my sister's house last week and weighed myself. I was HORRIFIED to see that I had gained more weight than I had thought.

So guess what? Reduced rations and I am going to buy a scale. No more delusions here--guys, measure yourselves.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 30
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:02:06 AM

ha ha.. never ask a women thier weight. LMAO! ahh.. I jest! A confident woman won't care to tell you. That being said. My pictures are recent. As are most people that I know on here. It's stupid to lie, you can tell the instant you meet someone. Then when they jet, you are stuck with the bill. lol

I highly disagree. Most of the girls I have dated liked to talk about their weight since they were (rightly so) proud of being in shape.

Even my x wife didn't have a problem with it because while she weighed a ton for her height, she looked like she was 20 lbs lighter. I think she was made of plutonium.

But still.... only boys ask a woman's weight unless he's already dating her. Men who have been around a bit ask for pants size if they really want to know such things.

Women are beautiful because they're so varied and curvy. Weight really means nothing to me anymore.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 31
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:02:33 AM
OP, thank you for your post. Your friend did hit the nail on the head. My internet dating candidate meeting experiences verify his hypothesis.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 32
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:06:19 AM

Men who have been around a bit ask for pants size if they really want to know such things.

My pants' size range from 12 to 16, but I can wear a "small" top (of course, I like them a bit snug)--good luck with gauging my weight based on that info!
 NotInnocent
Msg: 33
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:33:44 PM
soliderfalcon..
That's what I meant.. Confident women won't be embarrased about their weight. Did you miss where I said "I jest"?

And I agree.. I care not how much a man weighs or how tall or ripped they are. It's the whole package I am interested in.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 34
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:21:02 PM

Men who have been around a bit ask for pants size if they really want to know such things.

My pants' size range from 12 to 16, but I can wear a "small" top (of course, I like them a bit snug)--good luck with gauging my weight based on that info!

I said that because I know what pants size range I am attracted to in women.

It had nothing to do with judging weight.

Like I said...

A woman's weight is absolutely irrelevant. Only how she looks and feels matters
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 35
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:22:32 PM

soliderfalcon..
That's what I meant.. Confident women won't be embarrased about their weight. Did you miss where I said "I jest"?

And I agree.. I care not how much a man weighs or how tall or ripped they are. It's the whole package I am interested in.

I'm sorry for misundertanding. You and I are on the same page.

I don't ask for a girl's weight because I think it's irrelevant. Sometimes I will just to see how she will answer, though. If she hems and haws about it, she is probably not comfortable enough with her body or confident enough to be compatible with me.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 36
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/4/2009 3:32:31 AM
Admittedly, being only 5'1, no one has shown up for a first meet and been shorter than me. I actually prefer a gentleman that's 5'7 - 5'10 at the most. Men 6 feet and over are giants to me.

What I have come across is men putting their age as "50" in their profiles, but they admit to me they're actually 55 or older. It had never occurred to me that men do this until I started hearing about it from them.

I'm a dinosaur and don't lie about my age in my profile. What's the point?
 TheReason_
Msg: 37
view profile
History
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:43:38 AM
I've heard guys lie about their height. So since I am in fact 5"11", should I list my height as perhaps 6'2"? Still 39, until December, though oddly I have a friend my age who is STILL 29. I said "ok you aren't fooling anyone." and she got all pissy. You can tell old pics from hairstyles, and they just have his lack of focus and a certain tint to them.

I seen this one guy here and I swear each of his 4 pics is from a different decade, judging by the clothes and the hairstyle/glasses they are wearing. I haven't met anyone too far off from their pic. My latest pic I think was taken May 30, 09.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 38
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/4/2009 8:31:37 PM
Ha ha I was just thinking. if took 10 years and 50 pounds off I could be a catwalk model.. WOOHOOO.. bring it on!!!!!!!!!! LOL
 spot4username
Msg: 39
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/5/2009 9:32:35 AM

You old people need to leave us 20-something toddlers alone.

Oh please!
1. This is not actually the topic.
2. Nine out of ten messages that I receive are from 20- somethings although I make it clear I am not interested in anyone with a large age difference.
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 40
view profile
History
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/5/2009 12:34:24 PM

I know there are plenty of women who stop at the third line of my profile. My height.
I don't lie about it, because I am dead serious about meeting someone. And frankly, it hasn't kept me from getting mail from some very nice fish.
But men lie about their height for that very reason. They don't even get a shot. So while I don't advocate lying, I completely understand. Online, it seems to be the number one deal breaker. Off line, at least sometimes, you get a shot to show off other qualities.
"Average" on the body type can hide a lot. And I'm sure many guys see "average/a few extra pounds" and run for the hills.
Your height, if you're honest about it, is what is.

This is one of the better posts I have seen here. Very well said. Real life does not have that Sears catalogue mentality that seems to be predominant in online dating.
 mjk21258
Msg: 41
view profile
History
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/5/2009 1:07:23 PM
There is no point. Once you meet it is quite obvious we are what we are.
 CQue
Msg: 42
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/5/2009 1:28:37 PM
If you cannot love me fat, why would I want you to love me skinny?
Why do men put so much emphisis on the weight thing?
Looks are important in the beginning. I am not 25 anymore. I do the best with what I got. I have never been thrown out of bed and that is a fact.
I am looking for someone to love me for who I really am.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 43
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/5/2009 2:13:33 PM
Why do some men say they have a 9 inch penis and it is more like 5 or 6? Why do men post older pictures and say they go to the gym and do not? Enlighten me...please.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 44
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:56:36 AM

If you cannot love me fat, why would I want you to love me skinny?
Why do men put so much emphisis on the weight thing?
Looks are important in the beginning. I am not 25 anymore. I do the best with what I got. I have never been thrown out of bed and that is a fact.
I am looking for someone to love me for who I really am.

Soooo..... how's that working for ya?

And btw... maybe you should lose weight for YOU - not a man. The ladies who are ok with their weights (even the big ones) don't spout whiney drivel like this.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 45
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:12:50 AM
Jana60 there was a lot of wisdom in your post.

It's going to take me a bit to digest it. I have never considered that angle befre.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 46
view profile
History
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:30:18 AM
Men lie about height, weight, muscular builds and hair. Beware the man who always has a hat on in his pictures.

You know, you either move to the meeting for a coffee or drink or you have dinner and get to know someone you liked until you found out she was an old fart that needs to diet and exercise.

Is it that embarassing to be with someone less pretty than you thought she was? Will anyone have a clue that you are on a date versus having dinner with a friend?

I've had men thank me for looking like my pictures and I have gone out with guys that had a picture that was more than ten years old. I enjoyed myself in both scenarios because I wasn't hung up on how someone looked.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 47
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:32:33 AM
see.. and I know I'm a minority here.. but, I think people but way to many restrictions on who they want to meet. Sure sure.. some is OK.. but to have a laundry list? Mine is simple.. I want a man who is happy with himself, who can take care of himself, who is nice, honest and respectful. No mention of anything else, no need to lie about what you look like or who you are. Obviously noone is going to contact me and say "I'm a disrespectful jerk who will drain your bank account and cheat on you every chance I get", but that's the risk of dating. My hope is men who know they are pathological liars, or who can't take care of themselves will not contact me. All the others have a fair chance. I used to have a specific type.. but I found that I was attracted to many different shapes and sizes of men and it had more to do with them, than their physical appearance. So now I have no type, my only qualification is that I am attracted to you. Why would you lie? How could you lie? You have no idea what I am attracted to! The guys I have dated are so diverse in physical appearance that you couldn't even look at my history and say.. "oh! this is her type" One of the most physically attractive men I have ever dated was shorter than I. The guy I am dating now is older then I, the guy I was dating was younger and larger than I. I know people say it's crap, but I really, truly am attracted to intelligence more then looks, however if you don't take care of yourself I'm not going to be attracted anyway, no matter how much you stimulate me intellectually. There has to be a balance between the two.

This got longer than I intended, sorry about that. Basically I think people need to be more accepting of others as they are, perhaps then others won't feel the need to lie about trivial things. (which BTW.. height and weight.. both trivial, but I digress)
 forum101
Msg: 48
view profile
History
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:36:35 AM
Gwendolyn, I think you need to change your profile. You are more average, than a few extra pounds. Some of us dont give ourselves enough credit.
 steve217
Msg: 49
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/7/2009 11:52:35 AM
Some men don't go to the gym.
We work out at home.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 50
10 yrs and 50 pounds
Posted: 6/7/2009 12:16:30 PM

Well, I have to say that being completely honest about your weight, age, height and size gets you no where around here either. But, I am kind of glad it doesn't. I posted one of my pics I took of myself before I even got out of bed on this thing so that anyone crusing by would know the absolute worst they're gonna get. So, you tell me. Fat and honest? Or, thin and dishonest?

This may be true for you, but it's not true for everyone.

I am 100% honest and transparent about everything..... and I get plenty of attention.

I'm relatively broke right now, going to school again, living in the middle of hillbillyville, WV, AND divorced. And my dog hates women. And I'm an uber geek who owns his own set of armor and prepares for a zombie invasion.

I still get attention.

I don't get why other people don't.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 10 yrs and 50 pounds