Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think 3 chanses is enuff ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 egboy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you think 3 chanses is enuff ?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I admit I'm the guy.
I met kat 6 yrs ago. We started dating after my divorce and things were great for about a year. Her kids loved me and her frind toled her I was the best guy she ever dated. Well her brother came to stay and brought 2 guys with him. They were staying in her garage with no jobs. She called me and said she had met a guy she realy loved and whanted to see him and not me. I was ok with it till I found out it was one of the guys living in the garage, It lasted about 2 months then she called and said she had made a big misstake and wanted me back. I forgave her and things were grate again. About a yrar later she met a guy that lied to hre about who he was from the start and fell for him. She lost her house kids and the car I had cosinged for. She was with him for 2 yrs. and he abused her and treated her like sh*t. Finly she called me to come help her get away from him and said she would never do me like that again. I helped her get her kids back and get a place to live ( my son still lives with me or she would have been here), a nother car, and start a bizness. We were doing great again and everyone thought she had finly seen the light and was going to stay with me. One day she says she met a guy she realy loved and wanted to be with him but wanted me to still be ther as a frind and for the kids. I told her I was done with the bs she was pulling and to make a choise me or him. She chose him. This guy had no job is dad pays for his place and all he does is sit around and drink beer. I know it won't last but I told her I was thrue and never call me again. this was Feb. and now her family and frinds tell me she wants me back. WHAT DO YOU THINK??????

She is 40 I'm 57 I think this might be the problem but the only one everything elts was great.
 ~rain~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you think 3 chanses is enuff ?
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:04:03 AM
LMAO!!

I dont know! Do YOU think that 3 chances are enough?
Are you a sucker for punishment? Do you have this need to be someones doormat?
This isnt her fault, Its YOURS!
Cant blame a girl for going back to the sure thing when life falls apart for her!

Time to grow some balls and tell her that you wont be there for her anymore. EVER!!!
Mean it when you say it!! Dont give in!!

Can you do it? Or... will you continue to make excuses why you keep taking her back?

Its up to you
 CookieLady66
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:04:16 AM
I think if you go back to her again, you deserve all the heartache and trauma that she gives you.

Honestly, tell her NONONONONONONONONO!!! Get away...far & fast. find someone who really DOES love you.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:09:53 AM
Oh I'd say she has burned through all of the chances you ought to be giving.

I liked what english lass said about the example to set for your child; that's definitely something to think about.

Perhaps, here's another: It sounds like she jumps from one relationship to the next. She has a bad deal and then gets you to rescue her, until the next time. Perhaps for her to truly grow it is time for her to rescue herself. To do it on her own.

Perhaps the greatest gift you can give her is not to help her out this time. And, when you are tempted to rescue her again, in spite of all you know about this and where it is likely to go again, do not give that one last chance again until and unless she's had a significant period of managing her life on her own. << Think of this in those times late at night when you are tempted to go that one last chance again in spite of your better judgment.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do you think 3 chances is enough ?
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:18:50 AM
Don't you think being a fool for 6 years is long enough? It's obvious that she uses you because she can and she has no romantic feelings for you, you are like a trick/John to her, she gives you some attention and you pay out the nose, she might as well be standing on the street corner. But....as bad as she is, you fall for it every time, you want her no matter how low and cheap she is, you jump right in there, so what's wrong with you??? That's what you need to work on and wonder about, what's so missing in your life that you would give this women 5 mins. of your time? And you are thinking about doing it again because her family wants you to? Of course they want you to, you are her ATM and they are probably sick of her using them. They want you to do this because one they know you are a sucker and two they want you to pay out the nose for this psycho bytch so they don't have to. What part of being used by someone who thinks you are dumb enough to do it, don't you get? And you helped this psycho get her kids back to live this awful life of mom with her legs spread and using sex to get money, this is what you offer these kids? Why didn't you leave them with someone who could have given them a decent life?
 packagedealx3
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:27:59 AM
The problem is that she evidently has self-esteem issues that prevent her from having a good relationship, whether with you or someone else. She didn't love you, maybe she wanted to, but she didn't have the brains or stones to ever tell you ergo whenever someone came along that got her hormones going, she thought she was in love.
 2hi-iq-4u
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:32:34 AM
You know what she really wants. She isn't using you for anything but your body. Just don't put your heart or your money into it, and enjoy.

The life of a love slave isn't easy, but somebody has to do it.
 egboy
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:39:57 AM
My son is 26. She said that she loves me but not in love with me. I realy feel sorry for her 10 yr. old I did all kind of things that a dad should do with a kid. I'm the closest thing to a dad he has had in his life. He told me the last time I saw him he wanted to come live with me because the guy shes with does nothing with him. That he sits around and drinks beer allday and never plays with him. Was a very sad thing for me to hear. I had to tell him that I couldn't be there for him any more becaus the new guy doesn't want me comeing around.
 egboy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 11:43:44 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head packagedealx3 I'm shure your right from all I know about her past
 egboy
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:46:58 PM
Things were great is we had alot ofthings incommon and had fun to gether. Never fought or yeld and sex was great to. We and everyone thought so to that we were ment to be together. I'm tired of the game. I even offerd to leve her my house when I die.
 OutMind
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:58:01 PM
What do we think? Are you kidding us? Before you ask such question go back to your kitchen, look in the back of your freezer and take your cojones out of there. YOu have allowed this woman to use you over and over again. If this woman ever tells you that she loves you, she is simply lying. What she has done before, she will do again and again and again. So man up and tell her to go fvck herself.
 Commonsens
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/3/2009 1:02:55 PM
you had to ask?!?!?

What do I think: you are a fool; and if you give one single other chances to this unstable user...well..pick a guess of what that will make you.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/3/2009 1:10:10 PM
Well, let's see...you are 50-some years old, and can't spell well enough to put together a decent post, you are hooking up with an obvious tramp whouo uses you regularly to bail her out when she gets herself into financial messes....sounds like a match made in heaven.
Hope you are enjoying some great sex when she comes around, just use protection, because she probably has several STD's with the way she is screwing around.
Sorry, but you're a dumbass if you allow yourself to be in this situation, and then have the gall to ask in a forum what to do.
NEXT!
Beth
 ladyc4
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/3/2009 1:17:16 PM
OP
You have done your best to be good to a woman who doesn't have the sense God gave a slow moving goose. It's time to save your own heart.

She's looking for someone to be in love with, and you are just her plan B guy and that is all you will ever be because she thinks she's got you wrapped around her little finger. She's having her cake and eating it too...when she starts choking on it you are right there to rescue her.
Or do you LIKE this kind of relationship? Maybe somebody's a bit of a covert drama king?
I think 3 chances is 2 too many, but it's your life my friend.
Cindy O
 stronghorizon
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/3/2009 1:21:39 PM
I think you should do what you want. Who cares what everyone else thinks.
 Verissa
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/3/2009 2:56:13 PM
You're kidding right? This is a joke? Tell her to piss off, you don't need to be picking up other people's garbage life..you sound like a super nice man but you're more than a bit of a doormat. Don't let yourself be used, even if you love the person to bits...enough is enough, cut the string and set that boat a drift for good.
 tonyfamilyguy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 4:44:02 PM
rotflmao

Why stop at 3? I say give her as many chances as she wants.

btw Make sure you get at least one shot of penicillin after each time you take her back.
 original moondove
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do you think 3 chanses is enuff ? HELL YES!!!!!!!
Posted: 6/8/2009 12:29:10 AM
HONEY< I THINK YOU"RE A GLUTTEN FOR PUNISHMENT
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think 3 chanses is enuff ?